[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if science is magic and we've all been wasting our
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: thinkingfyi.jpg (86 KB, 1000x762) Image search: [Google]
thinkingfyi.jpg
86 KB, 1000x762
What if science is magic and we've all been wasting our time with nonsense?
>>
>>17881140
What if OP is retarded and we've all been wasting our time reading this nonsense?
>>
>>17881143
huh, really makes you think
>>
Science is subjective and objective at the same time.

Science is emergent, it changes the more you know about it.

It's applications are mostly a massive waste of time and instigates the speeding up of entropic systems with an illusion of organisation.

I don't know if I'm agreeing with op, but "science" is definitely not what it seems or what it is presented as.
>>
>>17881343
Science, by definition, is the study of the physical world around us. I dont know what kind of bull shit science youve been doing.

I should really stop coming to /x/. I cant stand stupid faggots who cant even wrap their heads arpund basic English.
>>
>>17881782
The only true objective reality is the complete universe. The study of science is actually the fragmentation of the complete whole.

Science as a human subject is as meaningless to the universe as everything else we do.

I'm not criticising science as an ambition, but rather it's human, subjective application. Nuclear weapons for example are an undeniable fact but completely of human in conception.
>>
>>17881782
Science is the application of the scientific process, which is a problem solving tool. It's not THE study, it's a method of studying. One which returns repeatable results, and allows one to make accurate predictions. However it is limited in that it cannot speak about anything without empirical data, and the ability to perform multiple trials with as-identical-as-possible setups.
>>
>>17881140
Well. Do you know how something works? It's science. Do you not know how that thing works? It's magic.

The biggest troll in the skeptic community right now is James Randi, because his requirement for winning $1,000,000 is to demonstrate factually that a paranormal event occurs. At which point it's not paranormal anymore, so he doesn't have to pay out.

"I'll give you a dollar, for your cell phone."
"Okay, here you go. Can I have my dollar now?"
"No, this is my cell phone. I said I'd give you a dollar for YOUR cell phone, but you gave me MY cell phone. So you can't have a dollar."
" :/ "
>>
>>17881140
Congrats OP, you've started a philosophy discussion.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.