[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assuming cryptids do exist, why have no corpses been discovered?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 27
File: 1444909928132.jpg (22 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
1444909928132.jpg
22 KB, 480x300
Assuming cryptids do exist, why have no corpses been discovered? Are there theories on how they can avoid humans for so long?
>>
File: question girl.jpg (42 KB, 306x344) Image search: [Google]
question girl.jpg
42 KB, 306x344
>>17880989
>what is decomposition?
>>
>>17880989
The same way that the freemasons obvious secrets have been kept secret so long.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 159x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 159x210
The reptilians don't want us to communicate with Nessie, our underwater ally.
>>
>>17880989
>>17880993

I should rephrase. Theories on how have the species avoided humans so long
>>
>>17880993
Would expect to find skeletons or some form of remains
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 247x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 247x320
They've blended seamlessly into society, the clever bastards.
>>
Harry and the hendersons is a documentary.
>>
>>17881021
All cryptids have skeletons made of cartilage. This is a fact.
>>
The chupacabra is the most racist cryptid because it only attacks Hispanic farms.
>>
>>17880999
how do they do it oh worshipful master of trips?
>>
>>17881045
Its trying to Make America Great Again
>>
File: 250px-Zuiyo_Maru.jpg (15 KB, 250x285) Image search: [Google]
250px-Zuiyo_Maru.jpg
15 KB, 250x285
>>17880989
This was believed to be the carcass of a Plesiosaur, the species of aquatic dinosaurs most similar to cryptids like the Lochness Monster of Lake Champlains "Champ", although it was later declared the carcass of a whale I'm not sure that claim was ever verified, as the Japanese fishing vessel that pulled it up had to dump it back in the water or else it would have contaminated and spoiled their entire harvest. They said the stench was unbelievable.

There are a number of other events where supposedly unidentifiable sea creatures washed ashore, some of them were even photographed.
>>
File: Champ.jpg (107 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Champ.jpg
107 KB, 620x350
>>17881125
>Lochness Monster of Lake Champlains "Champ"
*or Lake Champlains "Champ"

Speaking of which, the photo of Champ was never debunked. The best a forensic skeptic could do was suggest that it was the head of an otter distorted by heat waves along the water. He didn't get much support on that theory.
>>
It is actually really easy for bodies to not be discovered, ants alone can clean all the flesh off the bones of a large animal in days, scavengers drag away limbs. Watch some time lapse cameras of dead animals in the wild, within 2-3 days you'd have no idea there was a dead animal there
>>
File: mokele1.jpg (47 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
mokele1.jpg
47 KB, 400x296
The Mokele Mbembe is another dinosaur remnant sought after by a number of expeditions, one of which gathered actual evidence in the form of an audio recording of the creature making vocalizations and snapping it's giant jaws. (More on that below).

The Mokele Mbembe seems to have been not just a single animal but a species, as one of them were reportedly killed and eaten by the locals who then became deathly ill, which they interpreted as a curse.

So that's one instance where we could have possibly had a carcass to examine, and you can't help but wonder if any of the locals kept bones of the animal after killing it or why not? I suppose they didn't understand the global interest that would exist for proof of the monster.

I play the audio recording of the Mokele Mbembe and discuss this subject matter including the story of the expedition that recorded the audio and the history of Mokele Mbembe at 14:44 here
https://youtu.be/rK1bIqszw34?t=14m44s

Or if you just want to hear the vocalization, you can listen to it in a single clip here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV3pDGGMNOU

Another piece of evidence which was never debunked and just kind of settled into the history of cryptozoology. Few people have heard it.
>>
>>17881178
This, fossils are even easier to find. How often do you come across a tiger skeleton in the jungle? Answer: not often, my friend.
>>
File: 521554645.jpg (74 KB, 750x491) Image search: [Google]
521554645.jpg
74 KB, 750x491
>>17880993
>>17881178
Very true. There are a number of animals we know exist in certain areas whose carcass we rarely find, as the bones are picked clean and usually dragged all over the place by other animals and eventually covered by decomposing foliage.

After only a handful of years we end up with a situation where you would have to go out and dig through soil looking for the bones. Nobody seems up to this task even though we have paleontologists who happily spend their time doing the same treasure hunt for dinosaur bones.
>>
>>17881192
Yeah, honestly I think was the only good thing that show Monsterquest did for cryptids. They had a time lapse camera of a buck in the wild to see how quickly it'd decompose and it is really really fast
>>
File: 1467519480484.jpg (50 KB, 885x778) Image search: [Google]
1467519480484.jpg
50 KB, 885x778
>>17881184
>All of that slat in the comment section in the audio one.
Why do people have to be so shitty, it's like until they get to face fuck it they can't believe it exists.
>>
>>17881213
I don't think they would have believed film evidence either, to your point I agree it's the predicament that exists with most cryptids now wherein nothing short of touching a body physically with your own hands will convince a person that something exists.

I met the man who went on the expedition that recorded the audio and he explained that they were out on the water and nearly caught it on camera but as they raised the camera up it went back underwater. All they would have filmed at that point would be ripples. Excruciating event to come that close to evidence. But that night they heard something crashing through the jungle knocking trees over and making that sound. They couldn't film anything in the dark and weren't going to go out and run after a dinosaur so they recorded audio from their tent.

At first they couldn't explain what the loud popping sounds were in the middle of it's calls. When they showed the audio to experts they concluded the popping sound is the animal snapping it's jaws shut after each call, like bears do when popping their jaw, except this jaw was the size of a bath tub.
>>
Most interesting theory I heard regarding this is that some monsters, like nessie, are actually gigantic annelids. So when they die, the remains decompose quickly beyond recognition due to a lack of skeletons.

Of course, I find this theory unfathomably retarded for several reasons, but it still fascinates the fuck out of me.
>>
File: iceman.jpg (201 KB, 976x828) Image search: [Google]
iceman.jpg
201 KB, 976x828
The Minnesota Iceman was revealed by a shady sideshow proprietor named Frank Hansen in the 60s who gave two different stories for it's origin (not a good sign), but said he had purchased it from a reclusive millionaire. It was later determined to have come from Vietnam, which seems plausible considering the U.S. was there for the Vietnam war, and if Vietnamese (or Americans) shot an ape man and decided to sell it, anyone with the money or means (like the reclusive millionaire) could have claimed it and did what they want with it. It didn't necessarily have to go to the government.

It was seen and examined by countless people before it disappeared including scientists all who came to the conclusion that it was a real body of either a Neanderthal, Sasquatch or something else (a missing link). Some examiners even declared that it had the scent of rotting flesh.

After sometime it ended up being under FBI investigation, they claimed that if it were in fact a man who had been shot that it was murder, and this seemed to get everyone involved on edge. The owner got rid of it or gave it up and it was never seen again. Later, a replica was released and taken on the same kind of tour, but the magic was gone. Nobody believed it was genuine anymore, and that replica was sold at auction in 2013 and is still on display in Austin, Texas.

We may have had the missing link or a frozen ape man from Vietnam at some point, but we apparently don't anymore.
>>
>>17881023
>furries
Christ
>>
File: Florida globster (2).jpg (891 KB, 1600x1416) Image search: [Google]
Florida globster (2).jpg
891 KB, 1600x1416
The Florida Globster was identified as being the remnants of a 20 ton octopus, 150-200 feet (45-60 meters) long and seven times longer than the world's largest officially recognized species of octopus.

This identification was later challenged and it was declared to be blubber from a sperm whale, but they later found it to consist of collagen (not blubber), exactly what would have been in an octopus.

Then longer after that, someone else declared the collagen to have come from a mammal which would imply it really was just a whale - but this was after the samples were stored in some chemicals which could have really distorted the readings.

So it's possible we had the remnants of a truly gigantic octopus and we've just been arguing about it and slowly degrading it by storing it in different preservatives which only causes more confusion. This is a good example of when having the carcass of a cryptid can accomplish nothing because we can't agree on what it really is.
>>
>>17880999
Is that "Mean" Gene Okerland?
>>
>>17881125
>>17881132
>>17881184
>>17881196
>>17881239
>>17881270

cool shit, especially the audio recording.
>>
>>17881125
That's not a dino, it's a fucked up whale.
>>
>>17881132
I thought that was an elephant trunk?
>>
>>17881111
Checked
>>
Bigfoot and Neanderthal are one and the same.
Neanderthal was covered in fur head to toe just like Bigfoot.
There is even a half man half bigfoot living in Russia.
>>
>>17884524
>Neanderthal was covered in fur head to toe
I have never seen this. Sauce? IMO neanderthals are still extant, to a degree, in the J haplogroup which is most strongly present in semites (jews/arabs) and parts of the Caucasus (like armenians and Georgians).
>>
>>17881111
Some fine quads you have
>>
>>17884627
shut up bitch
>>
>>17884125
Did you even read the post?
>>
File: smug anime girl.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>17880993
>what are bones?
>>
>>17881125
>This was believed to be the carcass of a Plesiosaur
by retards
>>
>>17881229
>it's the predicament that exists with most cryptids now wherein nothing short of touching a body physically with your own hands will convince a person that something exists.
and yet try to convince the same people we went to the moon, and watch the sparks fly
>>
>>17884888
Did you even research it instead of taking an /x/fag's word? That incident is really old, and although it looks strange it has been thoroughly explained: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuiyo-maru_carcass

Pic related, a stingray cut to resemble an extraterrestrial or cryptid. They've been cut, dried, and sold to tourists like that forever. Are they also ancient, lost animals?
>>
>>17885012
The post already said it was identified as a whale's carcass.
>>
>>17885022
well you just gay fag kys scrub
>>
>>17885036
lol
>>
>>17884580
False. Neanderthal is not an ancestor of humanity, their DNA has less in common with modern man than orangutans.
>>
File: 1466840575050-b.jpg (112 KB, 460x415) Image search: [Google]
1466840575050-b.jpg
112 KB, 460x415
>>17885053
I bet you think Africans, Orientals, and Europeans are the same species. That lie muddies your thinking, and furthermore to think all living hominids are the same species is completely retarded and inconsistent with the same standards we apply to all other organisms.

Protip: pretty much all species within the same genus can produce viable offspring. Your chihuahua can make babies with a wolf, just like the niggest of nigs can make babies with a polite Swede despite about 150,000 years of genetic distance.

herewego.jpg. Mods can fuck off unless you wanna get raided for a few weeks.
>>
>>17885087
Beyond that, admixture of different populations gets really complicated really fast because of migrations (whether nomadism, escape from environmental upsets, founder populations ie bottlenecks, slavery, abduction for rape, conquest, or whatever). There are definite lines, though. Otherwise we'd all be considered bacteria because lol ancestry.
>>
>>17885087
>>17885104
OY VEY YOU ANTI-SEMITE EDUCATE YOURSELF YOU IGNORANT RACIST JEWS ARE THE MASTER RACE JEWISH HISTORY IS MOST IMPORTANT REMEMBER THE HOLOCAUST ONLY EDUCATED SMART PEOPLE AGREE WITH US WATCH THE NEWS AND READ YOUR TEXTBOOKS AND GO TO COLLEGE WHICH WE TOTALLY DON'T CONTROL CENTRAL BANKS ARE OWNED BY GOYIM ER WHITES IT'S NORMAL TO HATE YOURSELVES YOU FILTHY EVIL RACISTS YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE BAGELS EVIL COLONIALISTS YOU DON'T CREATE MODERN CIVILISATION FOR AFRICANS YOU OPPRESSORS JEWS ARE THE SMARTEST WE ARENT PARASITES ITS NOT OUR FAULT WE GOT KICKED OUT OF EVERY PLACE WE DIDNT POISON THE WELL WERE JUST DISCRIMINATED AGAINST FOR LOOKING DIFFERENT
>>
>>17880999
real talk, how do the masons keep so hush hush?
>>
File: wraghs5ee44t4.png (165 KB, 372x293) Image search: [Google]
wraghs5ee44t4.png
165 KB, 372x293
>>17885087
I find it not viable to spread this information and allow the segregation and isolation of the different human species that would ephasize their traits.

When shit hits the fan one human species wipes out the others and there is a huge chance that one of their species would wipe out us.
>>
>>17885538
Do you not realise that "diversity" is only pushed on white countries? Whites are 10-15% of the hominid population. Every other country is starkly mono-racial and intends to keep it that way. If we applied our same made-up, foreign bullshit, we would say other countries/peoples are racist as shit for keeping their populations pure and only serving their own interests. But the concept of being racist is retarded and only pushed on whites.

Diversity is really just codeword for white genocide.
>>
>>17881045
What about the Six-legged rape centaur? It only attacks rednecks
>>
>>17884524
But Bigfoot are often reported to be 7 feet tall at least. Usually 8 or 9.
>>
>>17886338
how do you explain blacks like Melvin Williams? If niggers aren't human no nigger should have an IQ over 160. It'd be like chimpanzees writing novels or pandas drawing manga
>>
File: 1464625666211-pol.jpg (87 KB, 683x743) Image search: [Google]
1464625666211-pol.jpg
87 KB, 683x743
>>17888268
>Melvin Williams
>drug dealer turned actor
What a shining example of his species. There are always outliers, but that doesn't make up for the fact that black Africans (not American ones, who have about 20% admixture with other groups) average IQ is 65-75, depending on the population.

Besides, the word human has it's own meaning. A species that has never invented agriculture, a written language, the wheel, etc doesn't qualify as human.

I bet you also think Neil Tyson is hot shit, someone with a white mother who was rejected by many colleges before a jew in California took him under his wing. Neil doesn't know wtf he's talking about, is not a qualified or respected scientist, has been caught saying incorrect shit all the time like on his TV show, and is purely a case of affirmative action. There's much more dirt to him that SJWs can fathom.

Now go smash some peanuts and call it an invention.
>>
>>17888268
Dude, they are different, it does not mean that they are not human. And it does not mean that they are "inferior".
>>
>>17886338
Extinction through genetic assimilation is better than through all out racial conflict.
Call it genocide if you want, and I am not saying that it is a good thing either, but it seems to be going to happen one way or another.
>>
>>17888359
Traits tend to regress to the mean. This is why we have averages like IQ and impulse control, and why a smart polite couple from a shithole often produce stupid violent progeny (increasing in successive generations). It takes a long time with severe selective pressures to produce a new average in a gene pool.

Regarding "genetic assimilation," race-mixing is terrible for many biological/health reasons in addition to social. It destroys real diversity and creates nothing but problems.
>>
>>17888268
>chimpanzees writing novels or pandas drawing manga
This is quite ignorant. Plenty of species are genetically close and have quite similar morphology, but have significant differences in behaviour and abilities.

There's also a strong correlation with melanin, aggression, and intelligence found throughout the animal kingdom. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886912000840

in b4 albino niggers are geniuses
>>
Another thread ruined by /pol/
>>
File: 100_2338.jpg (336 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
100_2338.jpg
336 KB, 1024x768
>>17880989
Finding an intact corpse of anything is pretty rare unless its fresh. Scavengers pick things apart, sometimes you'll only find a single bone under some brush.
The thing about cryptids is that they're alleged to live in places where people do not frequent. We find new species all the time, and we typically find living samples rather than dead ones. Its extremely unlikely that you'll just wander into an unexplored area and find a newly deceased body.
>>
>>17885214
Because their secrets suck so no one cares enough to find out.
>>
>>17881003
kek, I'm 90% sure that pic is from a Star Wars species guide
>>
>>17884127
An elephant in Vermont?
>>
File: Flatwoods_Monster.png (66 KB, 250x330) Image search: [Google]
Flatwoods_Monster.png
66 KB, 250x330
>tfw your favorite cryptid gets debunked
>>
>>17889363
Do you need a hug?
>>
>>17881039
or maybe... they dont exist!
>>
>>17888715
The picture wasn't taken in Vermont, it was in some tropical shithole.
>>
The main reason why is because when we find remains, they stop being cryptids and become regular animals. This happened with the giant squid, and it happened further in the past with shit like the okapi.
>>
>>17888508
Oy vey! We really have to do something about these filthy antisemites!
>>
File: Lieutenant_Kif_Kroker.png (89 KB, 360x550) Image search: [Google]
Lieutenant_Kif_Kroker.png
89 KB, 360x550
>>17884894
What if their bodies are supported by a series of fluid-filled bladders?
>>
>>17881178
Exactly. I used to live near a good stretch of woods that had a ton of deer. I never found a single carcass (save for the side of the road) or shed antler in the woods, and I was in there a lot. You could have a whole population of bigfoot in your backyard, raiding your flower garden and bird feeders and never find any other evidence they were there.
>>
>>17880989
Because corpses get taken apart pretty rapidly when they aren't stored in coffins. Nature is alive.
>>
File: RSK73391_grande.jpg (55 KB, 475x600) Image search: [Google]
RSK73391_grande.jpg
55 KB, 475x600
>>17889780
Yeah good point, happened with Gorillas to. They were referred to as monkey men and nobody believed they existed even after expeditions went out and saw them. It took bodies and captured live specimens for people to believe they were real.
>>
>>17881239
I saw this when I was a kid in a mall in south New Jersey, around the late 1970's.
>>
>>17890856
>I saw this when I was a kid in a mall in south New Jersey, around the late 1970's.
I read that as late 1790's.
Now that was spooky.
>>
File: minnesota-iceman.jpg (41 KB, 368x499) Image search: [Google]
minnesota-iceman.jpg
41 KB, 368x499
>>17890856
I wonder if it was swapped out with the fake one by then or if you saw the real thing.
>>
>>17885053
Actually, a couple percentage of all European descendent genomes contains Neanderthal DNA, which is a trait uncommon or nonexistent in any other group.
>>
File: Nikolai-Valuev-2.jpg (70 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
Nikolai-Valuev-2.jpg
70 KB, 500x617
>>17884524
>There is even a half man half bigfoot living in Russia.
Normally we call them 'Russians'
>>
File: 1466621858666.png (12 KB, 668x460) Image search: [Google]
1466621858666.png
12 KB, 668x460
>>17885087
>>17885104
>>17885207
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UHFHT1WhPc

>tfw hippos will become cryptids in Venezuela
>>
>>17880993
Awww... you tried to sound smart, but your post just shows us how stupid you are. =(
>>
File: happyfacespiders.jpg (16 KB, 470x171) Image search: [Google]
happyfacespiders.jpg
16 KB, 470x171
>>17885087
yes they actually are the same species

"A species is often defined as a group of individuals that actually or potentially interbreed in nature. In this sense, a species is the biggest gene pool possible under natural conditions.

For example, these happy face spiders look different, but since they can interbreed, they are considered the same species: Theridion grallator."
>>
>>17893639
>A species is often defined as a group of individuals that actually or potentially interbreed in nature
That's cute. So lions and tigers are the same species in your mind? Come back when you have some college biology courses.
>>
>>17893683
and produce fertile offspring. those are the only requirements for species
>>
>>17881056
They can't poo in loo. Simple answer.
>>
File: bask1-lab.jpg (973 KB, 4392x4200) Image search: [Google]
bask1-lab.jpg
973 KB, 4392x4200
>>17881125

They examined its meat though, at least a part of it remained. It was determined to be a basking shark.

Its the shark's head: gills, dorsal fin and lower jaw decay quickly, leaving the spine, the pectoral fins and the skull.
>>
>>17888327
>Besides, the word human has it's own meaning. A species that has never invented agriculture, a written language, the wheel, etc doesn't qualify as human.

Proofs? Sources?
>>
>>17893683

There are 20+ definitions of a species. Remember, it's a term designed for convenience of biologists, not an actual, objective thing.

How could you objectively divide two species while looking at an evolutionary lineage or at a ring species?
>>
File: 1461682106283.png (585 KB, 889x613) Image search: [Google]
1461682106283.png
585 KB, 889x613
>>17893782
Who knows
>>
>>17885012
>>17893758
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuiyo-maru_carcass
>analysis later indicated it was most likely the carcass of a basking shark by comparing the number of sets of amino acids in the muscle tissue.

Grasping at straws. There's a big difference between "most likely" and proving something.
>>
>>17893782
What are clades?
>>
>>17880989
You know the difference between a cryptid and a species is how they're pronounced, right? I would bet that you agree with the statement, "There are animals that exist which humans have not found and classified yet" Cryptids are the word for that. Some cryptids have become accepted as actual species, and others are just folklore.
>>
>>17894764
Nothing you said made any sense
>>
>>17881056
Yeah but Indians leave behind DNA evidence on every street they walk.
>>
>>17881184
What are the origins of that recording? We uave discussed mbembe multiple timesmand that has never been posted.
>>
>>17884524
If there are any living mamoths, apemen or any sort of cryptid then they are going to be in Siberia.
>>
>>17885087
You will get triggered plebbitors arguing with this post because it hurts their feelings, but the facts stand for themselves.
>>
>>17888508
>>>/tumblr/
And stay there.
>>
>>17893549
Christ you people and your shitposting is just boring.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.