[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enlightenment General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16
File: infinite_stairwell_span02.jpg (270 KB, 616x490) Image search: [Google]
infinite_stairwell_span02.jpg
270 KB, 616x490
Ego is that which thinks the current true thing is truer than the last true thing. In this way, what is obviously true is pushed to the back of the mind and dismissed as "obvious" before it has been fully reflected upon. Not a word of this teaching goes by but it can't be dismissed by someone too busy to reflect on it.
>>
>>17879735
we are basically watching our lives go by.
>>
>>17880198
>no I
>not your life
>it's not going anywhere
What now?
>>
>>17880260
can anyone interpret this for a layman?
>>
>>17880369
Maybe not, no.

You are already an interpreter of the life within you.
I wouldn't want you to overmystify it like so many people here tend to do so I'm going to say, that you are a moving body, so there is life within you as opposed to 'you're not moving anymore'.

Maybe you want to refine your interpretation, which is an alright thing to do.

What I have said there >>17880260
Is simply only meant as a counter argument for the previous post just for the sake of doing so.
Because what I came to see is, that language is the greatest barrier that is currently operating in the human mind when it comes to subjective things.
I'm not going to talk about anything objective, because what good is that if we subjectively are still a mess.

So the points that I have posted are only there for you to find your own interpretation.
So as the author of the post I say it is best when you go look for your own interpretation.
Taking someone elses will set you off on a track that could lead you anywhere, but not where 'you' want to go, if you want to go somewhere.
>>
>>17880417
then in response to the parameters in your previous post, how does a tree feel?
>>
File: 12-4a8063c24f.jpg (319 KB, 904x1169) Image search: [Google]
12-4a8063c24f.jpg
319 KB, 904x1169
>>17880690
That's an interesting question.
To me it's seems like asking
"How does a body feel" or
"How does a person feel".

It's not quite clear in what way 'how' is being used either.

Is it more of a
"This is how I open my hand" or a "Bad is how I feel" question?

In either case I would not know where you start measuring a tree and where you stop.
Likewise you could ask "how does a leaf feel", as if it was not the tree.

How do you feel?
>>
>>17880728
i feel alive, but maybe i'm not. maybe this is just a dream. because i know that trees are definitely alive, but i don't know how a tree feels. i don't know if it "feels alive." i assume it doesn't. i also assume it doesn't have an ego. if i had no sense of "i" then my life would not be my own, such is the way many people see the source of food and paper. if i had no "i" and my life was not my own, and i wasn't going anywhere, i imagine i would feel like a tree does..however that is.
>>
>>17880417
This anon knows his stuff, I'd listen to him. I lurk around and I haven't seen this kind of post in a bit.

It intrigues me how much you know and wish to find more like minded individuals.
>>
>>17880834
The argument, that life is just a dream or a simulation never really changes anything objectively.
But subjectively it can change everything, and that is already everything there really is for us.

So if a dream, why not dream the ultimate dream?
If simulation, why not simulate at your best?

When I say this, people are always afraid of what might happen if they go out like this.
Kind of shows that everyone is fundamentaly afraid of himself and his own capabilities.

Seeing this, then there becomes a bit more clear a certain type of repression with which every person here and there is occupied.

Then when such an individual would say "I" he would refer to his repression.
This is how he defines himself and repression is held in an intellectual way.
Sort of a "thinking over feeling"

Thinking alone is not the entire human being and that is exactly my point, namely, that ordinarily, people are not one.
Their parts are not conjoined, they do not re-member themselfes.

Once I've said: Think what you feel and feel what you think, and you are closer to humanity.

So I can imagine, that a proper answer to the question "How does a tree feel" would be:
Re-membered or Conjoined.
Yoked, Yoga, in Unity.

From polarity we know, that current flows between two opposite points (Plus and Minus, Positive - Negative)
If there is no current, then there is no seperate action.
There are alot of points in your body that allow for current to flow, aswell as one overall current.
All of these parts are you and if you were to know one of these parts in respect to all other parts at any given moment, then you would feel how a tree feels.

Note, that I also distinguish between Feelings and Emotions.
>>
File: 141914854040812.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
141914854040812.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>17881552
Aslong as listening to me does not mean believe or dismiss blindly then this is alright with me.

I happen to be looking for like minded people aswell. I suppose maybe we are all here for this reason in one way or another.
Such a thing is comfortable, which is a neccessary contrast to my necessity for work.
That is, finding people who don't think like me. And there are many of them here thankfuly.

Without them I would not have the possibility to look at what I am saying in so and so many more angles.
Doing such a thing for the sake of doing it can be a rewarding thing to do for everybody.

So I always like to invite people to argue with me as hard as they can, for all I've seen is, that after talking, some people who have attended consciously walk away differently and so did I.
>>
>>17881734
So to satisfy your desire to read aswell as my desire to write I will continue for a bit, asmuch as my currently semi-automatic flow of associations allows for, to write in the same fashion as I have described earlier, namely the one that is neither from fact nor fiction.

I wanted to say a few additional things about >>17880198

Which is in my eyes a dual statement. It's in some sense fact and in some sense fiction.
In my use of language when I write in circumstances like the current one, I always aim to utilize language in such a way, that such a dual nature does not occur, or occurs at necessary points.

In other words, I like to look at a topic from many different perspectives, never calling one of these perspectives "my own".

>we are basically watching our lives go by
In one sense I can agree but I also have to note, that it is lacking.
First of all who is "we", or "I"?

With your statement it looks as though you were saying "We are JUST the observer".
Which I already want to convert into "We are THE Just Observer" just for the sake of being able to let such a thought resonate within me for a few minutes.

The hot question for me is "What is emotion/thought without observation?"
Which kind of already implies, that observation is possible in the absence of such multitudes as feeling and thinking, as opposed to the thought that the unity of feeling and thinking creates observation by the virtue of the unity of two opposites.
In other words, there is a flow of current between two opposite totalities. There is communication and by this connection, this current, the phenomenon of observation takes place.

In this sense I have said that your comment is lacking. Because the observer puts himself outside the picture without being aware, that he is the product of the united work of the several totalities within him.
In a very crude way: The brain, the heart, the stomache, the liver, ect.
In another way: the thinking, the feeling, the sensing, the tensing...
>>
>>17879735
We are all the same. Treat everyone with love and respect.
>>
>>17881813
I've hit the limit in this post.

Right at the moment I will not be able to continue.
If anyone is reading and interested in a discussion you can keep it bumped it you want to, because I certainly will return later.
>>
>>17880369
There is no such thing as objective truth. What you have is so many memory transmitters, call them people, with various true / false data sets, call them belief systems.
>People have belief systems.

These memory transmitters are in the perpetual process of cross referencing their true / false values in their data sets, and changing them based on what signals enter their sensory detectors, call them experiences, during the time that they are considering those particular memories.
>People exchange their belief systems, and change them based on what they experience.

If instead of searching for The Truth, you instead switch your prerogative to cataloguing people's experiences, as they understand them to be true, from their perspective, you will approach enlightenment, but never necessarily finish getting there. In other words, it's okay to have different belief systems.
>>
>>17881825
>you instead switch your prerogative to cataloguing people's experiences, as they understand them to be true, from their perspective
Not him but I've been developing a sense of this for years so that's pleasing to know. I've learned (and been told by outside sources) that I'm very perceptive in that I can read people well (and through my own empirical observations, this generally turns out to be true.) I get that each individual is different in that we accept, and react to, external stimuli through different methods. Our interactions with said stimuli shape and form our personalities (nature vs. nurture) which affect how one conducts their lifestyle (beliefs, opinions, thoughts, viewpoints, so on and so forth.)

We may as well be nothing more than self-aware entities who are nothing more than literal receptors and producers of stimuli.
>>
>>17881832
>We may as well be nothing more than self-aware entities who are nothing more than literal receptors and producers of stimuli.
The nerve ends of the organic layer of the planet earth.

>nothing more
What a put down. For what purpose..
>>
>>17881813
i was literally just interpreting what i thought op was saying, there's no depth to any of the posts i've made in this thread. but for awhile it was just me and you, i thought the thread was going to die. i think you are overthinking things, but thanks for thinking of what i've said so much, lol.
>>
Yeah. Other people kinda' remind me of what I'd be like, if I were them.
>>
>>17881898
Maybe you are overthinking my posts then.
I'm not judging you or anything, I am just talking about what has been said in the specific way I have described.

These are not my opinions or believes. I utilized thought in order to talk about a topic.
>>
>>17881708
i was just saying that i "feel" alive, for lack of of a better word, but trees are the truly enlightened ones. just think about it objectively: they exist in real time and heed no caution to the past or present. if they did, they wouldn't be trees, and maybe they'd put up a fight whenever someone tried to cut obe down. but trees cannot talk. their memories cannot be cross-referrenced for us to then decide "oh, this tree was felt very alive, for a lack of a better word, and content", so i made a joke

>not i
>not your life
>it's not going anywhere
sounds like the life of a tree to me. or buddha.

also, it really doesn't matter if this life is a dream or not. that was just an analogy. dream or no dream, i try to appoach life intently, because dreaming is not living. maybe i'll dream intently when i'm dead.
>>
>>17881921
i don't think much of your posts desu, i mean i don't know what to think. i can't tell if you understood i was joking or just used my posts as a springboard to preach to some folks.
>>
>>17881929
>just think about it objectively
To be honest, this sounded rather subjectively to me.
You say they cannot be understood by you yet you say they do this and that.

When I speak objectively about a tree then I can say, that I see that it does not have a brain the same way I do. It has no legs so it moves not the way I move.

>it really doesn't matter if this life is a dream or not
>dream or no dream
>dreaming is not living
>maybe i'll dream intently when i'm dead

I can't quite follow. Can you?

>i try to appoach life intently
"My intention is to try to aproach life with intention"

I don't know. Sounds like alot of effort in vain to me. Why not just do it?

>>17881946
I understand that you were joking.
I am joking too. I simply write down as I am observing my thoughts revolving around this topic.
A simple conversation.
>>
>>17881954
>When I speak objectively about a tree then I can say, that I see that it does not have a brain the same way I do. It has no legs so it moves not the way I move.

but it is alive, yes? no matter how you see it, objectively or subjectively, it's just not going to move. if i had no ego, i think i'd feel like a tree.. i say "i think" because i do not know, but i've formed a pattern in my mind that correlates the image of a meditating buddha to that of a tree. i can't really say trees don't have egos or feelings, though, i've never experienced being a tree.

>I can't quite follow. Can you?
yeah..fact is i won't know the truth of this reality, so i give it all i've got. even if it turns out it's just a dream, i don't want that to affect me. but i have this huge organ in my head that really enjoys daydreaming. sometimes i have nothing to do, or i am avoiding things to do, and it prances off into lala land while i live on autopilot for awhile. it's a learning process. from what i've observed, most people have to teach themselves how to live intently.

your style of post is deliciously intriguing and captivating to me. you got me, though. while writing this i realized something: i don't speak objectively, because my mind doesn't observe my thoughts. always the focus is on my emotions. how do i put that into the third perspective..?
>>
>>17882005
>but it is alive, yes
In your life you will probably never see anything that is dead.
That which is dead is not there. And the tree appears to be there, does it? So I assume you can call it alife yes.
If you die your body is incorporated into the earth. Death and Life are closely related in this respect.

'You' as in 'the energy that moves the body in a human way' cannot die either.
These things can be seperated, and that is what we call death, but the totalities never "die". There is no death for such things.

Union, Seperation, Re-union.

A tree is not unlike a buddha. But you have to see, that Budh means 'to awaken'. This implies sleep.
A tree does not sleep and neither does he awaken in the same way that a man does.

>fact is i won't know the truth of this reality
Know the truth of your reality and it will be enough to recognize everything else.
Experience is necessary and we have the time to get this.

>autopilot
Most people rely on autopilot for the biggest part of their entire life.
There are really only short moments of a real waking state and people forget about them constantly.
Childhood memories are such.
The quality of the qualia, or quality of perception in a given moment is the key to a strong imprint on the mind.
Mostly we befuddle ourselfes with too much thinking or rampant feeling, or unnecessary tensing of the body.

>your style of post is deliciously intriguing and captivating to me. you got me
I am glad you enjoy it. I enjoy writing and reading alot myself and so I always seek to make it atleast interesting to look at.
I think people come here to read some content, and I like to develop content that is good for reading.
Your realization is one of the effects I want to achieve. In whatever way. Some change inside of the reader.
Many read mechanicaly, they write mechanicaly.. on auto pilot.

So I write consciously, you read consciously, already we have something. I am happy about that.

cont.
>>
>>17882046
So you write
>i don't speak objectively, because my mind doesn't observe my thoughts. always the focus is on my emotions

Emotions must observe thoughts, thoughts must observe emotions.
You are already halfway there if what you say is really so.

Your thinking has a center of action. Let us call it the Brain.
Your feeling has a center of action too. Let us call it Heart, or Solar Plexus.
Your body as a center of action too. I will call it the spine.

3 centers of the body. Your brain itself has 3 parts too if you look at it closely.
Often it is confused as a 2 part, but the 3rd one you can find yourself.

When I use the word "Mind" I use it in such a way, that all 3 Parts are united, they work together as 1 Mind.
These seperate parts however are also minds in themselfes.
Each center thinks, feels and moves in its own way.

For objective observation, or "Third Perspective" as you call it, it is required that the centers communicate between eachother correspondingly.

A passive Body, ready for response.
Neutral Emotions, able to fluctuate.
Active Thinking, having direction.

The fourth Part here is consciousness, which is the product of the previous 3 parts working together in a specific way.
The quality of this consciousness is determined by the quality of the 3 parts that make it up.
>>
>>17882060
So much for a theoretic model which is there only to help you visualize a plan on how you could get to where you want to be.

Thinking is thinking. From itself nothing new can come.
We must learn to observe differently.
Observation must change, not the thinking.

First we must know what observation is in the first place.
How it comes about and what it does.

Needless to say, for such a thing, quite some work is necessary.
But this thing is not necessary for life. It's necessity depends on your valuation of it.
>>
>>17879735

Very far from enlightenment.
>>
File: gandmdes.jpg (11 KB, 215x206) Image search: [Google]
gandmdes.jpg
11 KB, 215x206
>>17882134
What a gameplay.
>>
>>17882149

It's the one consistency in these threads. Those who start them are not enlightened and generally incapable of recognizing enlightenment in others.
>>
Logic leads to truth leads to love leads to peace.

Or something like that.
>>
>>17882156
Because enlightenment needs not to be talked about.

Yet people do it. They also talk about the weather.
>>
>>17882167
What's wrong with the weather?
>>
File: 2048.jpg (873 KB, 2048x1146) Image search: [Google]
2048.jpg
873 KB, 2048x1146
>>17882185
If you ask me like this, then I can say it's a bit too much rain lately.
So much for my personal preferences.
>>
>>17882195
You're right. You shouldn't talk about the weather.
>>
File: 180755632.jpg (635 KB, 1354x987) Image search: [Google]
180755632.jpg
635 KB, 1354x987
>>17882202
Well, you've asked.
>>
>>17882254
Some people can write epic poems about the weather though. I'm just saying you're not one of them.

That and the sound of rain on leaves and how it gives the world a new dimension to sense all around as it refreshes life is wonderful to me and I think you're missing out being miserable about it.
>>
>>17882167
>Yet people do it.

People do all sorts of silly things.
>>
>>17882261
Nobody cares about the weather or poetry. Keep those thoughts to yourself.
>>
>>17882276
Youre a bit salty for an enlightened being aren't you?
>>
>>17882283
We live in a big fat dark age. Whatever.
>>
>>17882261
I write here half a book and then you judge my ability to write poems in such a way?

Well then, quite a quick hand you've got there.

Generaly you're putting alot of weight on the image you have there. For whatever reason.
Are we still talking about the weather even though we both concluded that it is no good here?

I mean we all can feel the tension it has brought here right now.
>>
>>17882287
>>17882300
If this is enlightment I'm confused.
>>
>>17882303

It isn't and these threads are both sad and funny.
>>
>>17882303
there is not a single enlightened post in this thread.
>>
>>17882303
Free society only works when everybody is enlightened and informed.
It should not be necessary to discuss enlightenment, because the default should be enlightenment.
>>17882315
maybe you'd see the enlightenment in this thread after doing some acid and the posts start to bleed together
>>
>>17882309
Well what are you talking about when you speak of enlightenment?
People have the wildest ideas about it.

I never said I am.
Yet everybody here is enlightened if enlightenment is the recognision of the life within you as I have mentioned earlier.

You are alife. And people are people. We all know it and show it.

Now, I belief that some here confuse enlightenment with some sort of external manifestation.
"An enlightened being must be such and such".
Which is rubbish to be honest.
>>
>>17882325
How can everybody be enlightened and informed if we're not allowed to talk about it? we have to share information and your idea that we shouldn't talk about it seems counter productive to me.
>>
>>17882334
>How can everybody be enlightened and informed if we're not allowed to talk about it?
Society should be set up so that people are enlightened and informed by default.
The issue is that it is not currently set up that way.
>your idea that we shouldn't talk about it seems counter productive to me.
It's not my idea.
>we have to share information
Why do you think I'm here?
>>
>>17882344
>Why do you think I'm here?
I dunno
>>
>>17882348
Let me flip it on you then.
>Why do I think you're here?
Well you're a pervert.
>>
>>17882355
Well at least you made me laugh! Good day to you mate.
>>
File: buddhist-candles.png (640 KB, 1143x430) Image search: [Google]
buddhist-candles.png
640 KB, 1143x430
Why does everybody think they have to be informed about something?

I informed myself about the whereabouts of the people here, I have taken note and that's just about it. There is nothing that one needs to know in order to be enlightened.
And an enlightened man certainly will not cling to such a nonsensical concept that enlightenment is. Think about it. There is hardly anything as ridiculous as the notion of enlightenment, especially enlightenment in the eyes of the western folks who certainly seem to deem it as the ultimate everlasting state of being free from everyones bullshit while being full of ones own bullshit at the same time.

It certainly is a rat-race, this whole thing. Many people here seem to step on eachothers toes to be the first one there without realizing, that there is nothing to get.

I come here reading comments that encourage nothing else but the urge not to talk to people about this topic.
Why do this? Because in core you are all already enlightened, playing the ultimate bullshit game while pretending that you are not enlightened.

On the other hand there are still wonderfully open minded people here who do understand the capabilities of an open mind and a healthy conversation. And for these I still return.

Now for a final note in order to break all the bullshit once and for all.
If enlightenment is the realization of unity, the ultimate yoga, then everything is in essence enligthened.
Some candles burn strong, others weak.
If you claim to be enlightened and make derogative comments like some in here, then you are really a fool working against yourself.
I feel no duty sharing such misery.

Probably you have not realized, that alone you will burn out and fade away.
Only together with others you can burn stronger.

Why else all this symbolism of the east, from where you have your high ideas of enlightenment. The many candles.
What enlightenment are you really talking about?

So far my adressing to the negative energy in here.
>>
>>17882327
>Well what are you talking about when you speak of enlightenment?

Rinzai was impressive.

>>17882578

Good lord...
>>
>>17882578
We need the information to raise us up to a higher state of consciousness. It's not the information itself, more a way of thinking, which needs thoughts to begin with.

It's like feral children can't even walk let alone talk.But maybe they are more enlightened than your avaverage Joe these days!
>>
File: tom-bombadil.png (128 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
tom-bombadil.png
128 KB, 350x200
>It's not the information itself, more a way of thinking, which needs thoughts to begin with.

Good luck with that then. This one is gonna take you some time.
>>
>>17883608
You're saying I need to read Tolkien?
>>
File: 1467088378296.jpg (268 KB, 917x1289) Image search: [Google]
1467088378296.jpg
268 KB, 917x1289
>>17883646
I guess, if you have a few hundred hours of free time to study it
>>
>>17880260

It's not YOUR life. Life is witnessed.

https://join.skype.com/sDzRq70NTjDJ

Got a chat where enlightenment is a common topic, more people keeps it active. Feel free to jump in and philosophize and engage in whatever theodicy you so desire.

Perfect oppurtunity to post this. We're always afraid that we're going to add more people who just want to summon demons and shit.
>>
>>17883663
Do you have a problem with information sharing or not?
>>
File: 1467309855732.gif (989 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1467309855732.gif
989 KB, 500x269
>>17883682
Anubis knows the truth

and thus he speaketh not one word
>>
>>17883693
I'm sorry mate but your unclear words are indicative of an unclear mind. I don't know how to talk with you.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 122x121) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 122x121
>>17883699
Sorry, I didn't mean to -heh- muddy the waters
>>
>>17882578

Information is the summation of patterns that form as matter accrues influence by other sets of qualia, resulting in the patterns that form the spiritual by creating links between the various causalities brought about by the action of memory self-recursively acting upon itself to propogate existence and balance itself out mathematically, until the numbers trickle out and our limited perceptive capabilities fail.

We don't understand that all information is interconnected on a primal level because human consciousness is limited by its' own self-recursion, being that it can experience a state of awareness and feels the need for self-preservation because it is connected to a mortal form.

In order to understand the quanta of consciousness without the bias of subconsciousness, we need to become aware. This is difficult because it forces consciousness to take place within the same qualia as things which cause distress, and so we seek peace, which leads us to prioritize the phenomenal before the noumenal.

We cope with this, usually, by creating another automatic mechanism through which to eliminate the stress of being directly associated with that which truly isn't a part of the consciousness we inhabit, and eventually, we must learn to accept the distress, and move beyond the requirements set forth by our own rationalizations, which lead to the requirement of unity and other seemingly rational idealisms.

Many things aren't unified. Most things are harmonic dualities that only affect each other causally, and are "unified" by things which don't meet the required criteria of consciousness to be perceived as such.

It's really just a long way away from normal thinking, and takes even the most intelligent a long time to understand.
>>
>>17882578
>There is nothing that one needs to know in order to be enlightened.

Lets talk about your drive. Are you willing to do whatever it takes to extinguish all ignorance and attachment from your life, no matter how painful it might be? Do you have that interest, let alone the willpower to keep all worldly influences in check at all times?

If the answer is yes, then I think we can have a fruitful discussion.
>>
Some posts here of a particularly luminous flavour that's been growing on me as of late. Excellent stuff.
>>
File: tumblr_ni4yoxZMQg1s895ldo1_500.jpg (46 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni4yoxZMQg1s895ldo1_500.jpg
46 KB, 500x271
I feel like I've reached personal enlightenment through reaching into my own subconcious, making peace with my own inner demons, and by writing stories of all things. Kind of feels a bit like "the quickening" in a way
>>
>>17883724
this one tastes like shit though
>>
>>17883737
yeah, i'm more of a poetry and metaphor kind of person
>>
>>17883730

"Personal enlightenment" sounds rather naive, because it assumes the person is at the center of enlightenment.
>>
>>17883737
nah man there's some gold here for those with eyes to see it
>>
>>17883769

I really wish threads like this would appear more often. They're more fulfilling than your typical occultism thread. Enlightenment doesn't explicitly have to include chidings of spiritual influence over whatsoever force the people can imagine.

Philosophical rumination should be so much more important to people.
>>
Enlightenment is the most difficult task known to exist. So daunting it is, that most people consider it an impossible myth. There are monastics raised from birth and taught to walk the path of attainment, yet they go nowhere because they just don't have it in them due to pre-existing karma or whatever. Thats how difficult it is: even practitioners given the best opportunities life has to offer fail miserably.

Apart from knowing how to practice and having sufficient conditions to practice, it also requires that special x-factor on part of the practitioner to even get a real chance at it. Like in sporting events, there are clear superstar athletes who are immensely talented, but choke when it comes down to it. Conversely, the truly elite display immense heart and dedication. They never stop bringing it and they don't crack under pressure. They hit the clutch shots when they need to be hit. Thats what people who work towards nonattachment or yoga need to do, except they need to be switched on 24/7. Game time never ends for them, there are no rest periods. That is why the task is so demanding: every thought and action in one's life needs to be in support of the cause. That is dharma.
>>
>>17883822

Well, the problem is, being "switched on" is analogous to one of the easiest tasks in existence- acceptance. However, accepting things is difficult because of that x-factor.

Fuck.
>>
>>17883856
Isn't that the nature of the x-factor, that something is unacceptable, and it is up to YOU to change it.
Accepting that something is unacceptable. :)
>>
To even understand what any of these words mean is to allow yourself to be in a trance.

To drop the trance you'll have to find out for yourself what's true and what isn't, and distribute your belief accordingly. Belief empowers the trance.

To do that... inquire. Who am I?
>>
>>17883822
maybe practitioners simply believe its difficult. One belief of many...
>>
>>17883699
WHAT
that's probably the most truthish post in this entire thread
>>
File: 1452457514778.jpg (34 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1452457514778.jpg
34 KB, 338x305
>>17884647
>making empty subjective shitposts on /x/
>not reading thread
>>
>>17884647
What?

That person contradicted themselves and I said I can't talk with someone who can't think straight. No biggy
>>
File: image1.jpg (132 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
132 KB, 639x960
Ego does not exist, because the WORD Ego does not represent anything real. Let go of the search for the non-existent and the paradox breaks.
>>
>>17883675
you guys sticking with skype?
>>
>>17882167
>enlightenment needs not to be talked about
just because you don't need to speak of enlightenment to know it, doesn't mean you shouldn't.
>>
>>17879735

I KNOW ABOUT A REAL TRUTH.

FIRST U GOTTA GIT GUD.

THEN U GOTTA GIT DAT GUD GUD.

FUCK YOUR HIPPY DRIVEL YOU WHINY LYING FAGGOT WHO TALKS IN RIDDLES THAT YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND.
>>
>>17888728

It's all we got for now.
>>
>>17887290

The "ego" represents the identity, which must be accepted, not rejected. Rejection of the identity only makes it stronger, while distortion of the identity creates delusion.
>>
>>17879735
I was thinking about enlightenment the other day and I realized that I'm not enlightened because the way I speak about enlightenment is authoritatively. Enlightenment is all about personal discernment, so when I just sort of "tell" people, "Well this is enlightenment and this is how you can tell," I'm not really helping anyone. The only way anyone could benefit from my "teachings" is if they held me as an authority on the matter, and in doing that they disempower themselves of their interpretation.

Enlightenment is about letting the student learn, not trying to be the wise sagely teacher. No matter what I do I always want to play the teacher's role, so I end up instructing people instead of letting them find their own stance on enlightenment. I'm way too preachy to be considered enlightened and I don't think that's gonna change any time soon.
>>
>>17890758
there was an anon here the other day going on about how great rinzai is, and while i disagree that reading his works are necessary to reach enlightenment, one of his koans did help me to understand what enlightenment is. it's the one about the dog. trying to teach someone what enlightenment is like that. there really is no "answer". that's why it's fun to answer questions with questions. most of the time the listener is confused because we are conditioned to believe there is an answer to everything..
>>
>>17889927
niggers on /x/... now that's paranorman
>>
>>17879735
>Ego is that which thinks the current true thing is truer than the last true thing. In this way, what is obviously true is pushed to the back of the mind and dismissed as "obvious" before it has been fully reflected upon. Not a word of this teaching goes by but it can't be dismissed by someone too busy to reflect on it.

>translation

Ego is thinking that something that is currently a mainstream belief is more true than what was a mainstream belief in the past. Something that was true in the past is just as true as something even more true in the even distant past.

So basically you are talking about ontology? How does that relate to ego?
>>
>>17880260
In theory, nothing.
>>17880417
>a track that could lead you anywhere
If that's how that works, then I think I've had quite enough of my own intent's "somewhere." Unfortunately, I don't think adventure is as easy as just using other people interpretations of reality. To follow someone else's discernment means being a bigot, and bigotry is widely regarded as anti-conducive to adventure.
>>
>>17881825
Enlightenment isn't about cataloguing other people's perspectives. That's called understanding, and not everyone cares to do it. Enlightenment is the one experience that everyone theoretically wants to have, just so they have a bearing for how to live the rest of their life.
>>
>>17882060
>>17882068
I finally understand why your posts are hard to read.

I don't know where you're coming from or who you're aiming for. I can't contextualize who it might be valuable for, so I can't tell if I'm part of the target audience or not. I don't know if I'm supposed to take it seriously or let others take it seriously and see what happens to them when they do. I know, consciously, from your own testimony, that you're just musing aloud, but it's more than that in my mind. To muse, you have to have something to muse about and a reason to muse about it. I can't sense where your thoughts come from or where they're supposed to be going, and I know that's kind of the point of the ramble, but I can't grasp what you're saying because... There's no thought process behind it? I want to say there has to be a thought process behind it and there aren't really any contextual clues for figuring out what that is, but this being an enlightenment thread, maybe it's just an empty process spattering attempts at meaning onto the page. In either case I can't help but feel that I want to know the person who once piloted such a process.
>>
>>17882165
Logic leads to the possibility of discovering a truth. How this works is a mystery.

Truth leads to all kinds of intents, love being one of the better ones, from what I've heard about it. War, greed, famine and death are also outcomes that appear when people are possessed by "one" truth.

Love leads to lots of things, some of those lots of things being really peaceful. Other of those things include negligence, overlooking faults, exacerbated emotions including anger and yes, sometimes even murder/death.

Only one of these three processes is mysterious.
>>
>>17891316
you're on the right track
>>
>>17889927
Ayyy whaddupp mah nigga you spittin TRUF an sheeeeeeeeeeiiih
>>
>>17882276
Zis is untrue.
>>17882261
I love the rain too.
>>
>>17891184
...but is it really?
>>
>>17882300
>we all can feel the tension
I felt no such thing until you mentioned it, and then I realized I wasn't really feeling it at all. I was just using my inner visualizations to simulate it after your having mentioned it. Now I kinda feel like your intent is questionable.

>look at all this hostility
But I see none. Whence comes the bias with which you feel such hostility or tension was ever here?
>>
>>17883737
>implying they don't all taste like shit
>>
>>17882303
No, that's just confusion.
>>17882315
Still yet, they aren't even enlightening to watch.
>>17882325
>the default should be enlightenment
It already is. We have to beat that out of our children to make the world function as it does. We probably shouldn't value the way it functions so far.
>>17882334
It is counterproductive, but that applies to any over discussed topic. Only after having the discussion does it make sense to leave the discussion where it lay. As it stands, a lot of people have had their enlightenment beaten out of them.
>>
>>17882578
>Why does everybody think they have to be informed about something?
Because they have to make decisions. When you don't have to make decisions, it stops mattering. We can actually see this happen in the BDSM community.
>I informed myself about the whereabouts of the people here
That sounds an awful lot like stalking to me. Are we still talking about enlightenment here or is this a you thread?
>full of ones own bullshit
No, that's not part of enlightenment and nobody is convinced it is. Still being full of your own shit after an enlightening experience is what makes the falsely enlightened so easy to spot. It's actually pretty funny to see when you can see how obvious it is. Getting upset about the size of some fool's ego is pretty pointless when laughter conveys just as much condemnation.
>the ultimate bullshit game
You mean "intentional trolling," right?
>>
>>17882578
You can burn a lot brighter on your own than you can when you fall in with the wrong crowd.
>>
>>17883699
They aren't. You're just an idiot. Silence has its own set of virtues.
>>17883682
Depends on the information. If you're trying to blackmail someone, that's not really acceptable. If you're trying to ruin someone's reputation, maybe that's acceptable and maybe it isn't. It depends on whether or not they're worthy of having it ruined. To make that judgment on your own or to defer it as a responsibility that isn't yours in the first place is a risk you'll have to take on your own. Or else do it anonymously and let people decide for themselves.
>>
>>17883706
>how to enlighten an AI

I'd ask what the fuck I just read, but I understood it in full already.
>>
>>17883712
That.
>>17883724
A lot of these posts are self-contained. It might be the information density itself that you appreciate.
>>17883769
>tfw you have no eyes
>mfw I have no eyes
>mfw I have no face

Interesting feels.
>>
>>17883779
The last thread was better than this one. This one is more philosophical, but the other one was more enlightening. Overall, this thread would be the type to make another retarded religion, tradition, society and/or culture, but the last one is gonna leave people feeling like reality is simple once you get the hang of it. This one is laced with the idea that it somehow takes effort to think. It just doesn't.
>>
>>17883822
At first I was kinda annoyed that you were bringing your own stance on enlightenment into this, but it went away when I realized people can think and judge for themselves. I won't say shame on you for saying it's hard, and honestly your post is probably one of the more informed on the matter. I just don't like it when people try to insist that thinking takes effort. It literally is the easiest thing in the universe.
>>
>>17884624
Trance states usually go away on their own. Truth and identities don't.
>>
>>17886062
4chan would be useless if it wasn't a shoutbox for every little thought and opinion people have. I love seeing people be themselves on here.
>>
>>17889919
This is the thisiest post ITT.
>>17884647
And yes.
>>
>>17890456
Right, ego represents identity but is not an identity.

The real you is you even without trying to be the you that you would imagine yourself to be. That is your identity, and it is just as unfathomable as the Tao which cannot be named.
>>
>>17891205
That's traditionalism. Ego is personal beyond the parameters of what I feel could reasonably be called belief. What you called ego is just belief itself. Ego is that which holds beliefs, not the art of belief itself.
>>
>>17891355
Sorry, but that's not helping me get to know the person behind that post. I don't really care about your thought process because my own can encompass yours probably a thousandfold faster than your own wit can adapt. I literally have to hold myself back to prevent myself from becoming a mind reader. It's not the thought or thought process that I care about, it's the person behind it. That's either made available to me or it isn't.
>>
>>17891608
you don't have to be so rude, geez. i was only trying to help. wit and intelligence can be a detriment sometimes.

>i'm trying to know something i know i can't know
just let it go, bro
>>
>>17891636
Why'd you switch to lowercase?
>>
>>17891671
i always post like this as a fuck you to my old self who was a grammar nazi
>>
>>17891636
(Also, on the off chance that you really are samefag, sorry. When someone exhibits a capacity for philosophical thoughts, I tend to want to know more about them. I don't tend to tolerate things that stand between me and what I want.)
>>
>>17891680
Unless your old self is >>17882060 and >>17882068 and you're still willing to think on the level required to make posts like that, I don't care.
>>
Stop thinking... Start doing... Overthinking takes the fun out of it all. The point of life is to live. Just live. Flow.....
>>
File: Ardhanarishvara.jpg (141 KB, 476x621) Image search: [Google]
Ardhanarishvara.jpg
141 KB, 476x621
Enlightenment is a specific experience which has many names. Enlightenment, Self-Realization, God-Realization, Nirvikalpa Samadhi, the Breathless State, the Philosopher's Stone, the Conference of the Birds and the Drinking of the Nectar Amrita. Those are the most common terms for that experience and attainment.

All philosophies and methods of the world's mystic systems are translations of the science of Raja Yoga. Raja Yoga means the Royal Science or the Royal Union. It has often been loosely referred to as the Eightfold Path.

Ego dissolution is one of the first steps on the path towards Enlightenment, it is by no means the end result. Very few actually reach Enlightenment and it has strict physical, astral and causal criteria (phenomenons) that accompany the attainment.
>>
>>17891700
nah, that's not my style. i'd rather get to know people like >>17890758, >>17883693, or >>17891742
>>
>>17891742
Some things aren't very fun to begin with and I'd honestly rather take the fun out of it with those.
>>17891815
Am >>17890758 here.
>>
>>17891828
i'm gonna toot my own horn and say i thought that was you. you remind me of myself..
>>
>>17891506
So you can read what ever you want, which someone else has shared, but everyone else can only bask in your glory? Get lost dude, we've all heard this one before and we getting tired of it.
>>
enlightenment is simply being a real nigga.
>>
>>17892034
I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>17892051
so true.
>>
>>17892204
Are you even >>17883608?
>>
>>17892238
No, I'm not. I never tell people about the veracity of their cognitive faculties.
>>
>>17892245
You just butt in to abuse me?

Sure, this is my opinion and you can take it or leave it but I don't think you can be a student if your not a teacher and you can't be a teacher if your not a student.

Even the most introverted person has attained their thoughts through the human network, biologically and through memetics, right down to the letters and words we use.
>>
>>17892266
*you're
Soz.
>>
>>17892266
I'm not >>17883608 but I am >>17891506 and >>17892204

I guess you clicked the wrong post in >>17892034
>>
>>17892288
No, I'm just responding mate. I don't know if you're trying to present yourself as a clear thinker but you're not coming across that way to my mind. What is it you have a problem with in my responses?
>>
>>17892306
In >>17892034 you quoted >>17891506 which is me, and from your responses it sounds like you meant to reply to >>17883608 which is not me.
>>
>>17892315
?
Never mind mate. Have a good day.
>>
>>17883608
I wanna reply to this one again now I've had a think in a way you might see where I'm coming from now I've looked into where you're coming from a bit. I don't have hundreds of hours for lord of the rings however.

No of us are fatherless like tom bombadil.
>>
I went through everything I can think of. Everything.

I was successful at magic, meditation, channeling, left and right hand disciplines but nothing compares to having the Holy Spirit indwelling. I have no need of anything anymore. I am satisfied and healed of my torments. Praise God.
>>
>>17893315
Clarify what the holy spirit is and god?
>>
File: RAW-Pope.jpg (19 KB, 236x369) Image search: [Google]
RAW-Pope.jpg
19 KB, 236x369
>>17879735
Everyone in this thread is now a pope, and entirely infallible.
>>
>>17893341
The holy spirit is the spirit of the Father God which can indwell in you if given to you by Jesus Christ.
>>
>>17893355
To be fair, as tautological valuing systems go, it's as good as any.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.