[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys was wondering how I can look up history on a hause I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 4281498.jpg (145 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
4281498.jpg
145 KB, 1024x768
Hey guys was wondering how I can look up history on a hause I used to live in. Pretty sure it was haunted.

I've searched Google but nothing. Any information would be much helpful.

Thank you.
>>
there's a place called "the public library", it could probably help you more than /x/ ever could.
>>
Talk to the locals, sheesh, why is that hard to figure out?
>>
looks like it's haunted by poor people
>>
I've talked to the locals they have no idea. As for the library I highly doubt they would have much as it's very small.
>>
>>17879544
Then give up and stop making threads about this bit of lameness. I think you just want to get 4chan to harass that house for you.
>>
Uh no we've moved out of it a long time ago. So I don't care what you guys do.
>>
>>17879544
That's probably because you're checking out a branch. You need to either go to the main library that your branch is part of or an archive. That looks a lot like Scotland and if it is, your nearest city will definitely have a regional archive since they're big tourism draws for the Americans who come over for genealogy research.

Lots of towns also have local historians or historical societies even if they're shitholes. If you've moved out, you could write to them for info.
>>
Hey thanks for your post not scotland just over the water from it though. The picture is the actual house. The one with the red door

Just goes to show that not all houses that are haunted look scary and shit from the outside.

Yes I understand now. Thank you and I'll look in the bigger brunches.
>>
>>17879699
Is this in Larne?
>>
Getting closer don't live too far away from larne. Fuck it. It's a place called Randlastown between Toome and Antrim
>>
>>17879699
Hah, I thought the buildings looked familiar. Definitely from up north.

If you can't be arsed digging through the archives, you can actually do an information request at the library, cost vs free tends to vary by the library service. Basically, a librarian tracks down the information you're looking for. I've seen people request info as esoteric as the number of small business owners over 65 in Scotland (which no, no one keeps records of), so you'd probably have no problem asking for a reading list on history from your neighborhood, or directions on how to get to info specifically on the property. People tend to not realise you can do that.

It's pretty surprising how much local history gets self published too, in pamphlet and book form. You have to take it with a grain of salt since it's not typically as fact checked, but it can make for a decent starting point. I've spent time sorting out a local history collection and believe me, you get piles of books that are basically one person devoting their life to researching one specific event from one specific tiny village. Also, if you can locate previous owners, you can sometimes find self-published family history which might help tracking down any unusual incidents or accidents.
>>
Yep I'm from up north. Oh wow... I didn't realize you could do that. Thanks.

Really I just wanna know of the previous owners had experienced anything like we did
>>
Bump u punk bitch. No time for newfags
>>
Fair enough
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.