[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does this represent? Bare in mind it was drawn by black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (239 KB, 300x421) Image search: [Google]
file.png
239 KB, 300x421
So what does this represent?

Bare in mind it was drawn by black Aboriginals from Australia

WHy would they draw themselves as white with halos?
>>
Eh, personally I think we give ancient cultures too much credit. An artist paints a blue skinned man with four heads today and we all understand that artists tend to make seemingly random things that just popped into their head, but as soon as it's an ancient person we assume it had something to do with their culture or something tangible they saw.
>>
>>17878341

shut up faggot it was obviously the aryan anglos who they painted. if it wasnt for the white man showing up on their shithole island of literal unfathomable death, they would still be lighting their huts and lands on fire for no fucking reason.

kys
>>
>>17878321
Aliens. Duh.
>>
>>17878341
Pretty good point

I think there's a fallacy whereby I assume primitive people were dumber and or less creative, but it's more likely they were as intelligent as we are today they just lacked written knowledge

But they'd have lots of shared spoken knowledge, and that's an actual fact for aborigines
>>
Perhaps that's the only pigment they had to work with. Perhaps brown paint on rock walls was not aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>17878321
Watch "How art made the world" ; there's a part which explains it all near the end of the series. They painted their experiences in the spirit world by going into trance with a ritual which involves a shaman dancing around a campfire while the rest is singing and making music. In this trance the shaman could heal the spirits of the sick. Gods could also be seen such as the thunder god with the long arms etc...

Check it out, totally worth it.

I think this particular image represents the creator or "founder" because of this one larger being is behind the two that are next to each other, he created those so that these two could create more of the world.

In the documentary they talk about this god too, and you can see a man being scared and whispering when the investigator asks him about it. Really cool.
>>
>>17878364
I wont watch it cause i cbf but thanks for the summary.
>>
File: 1338152831368.jpg (26 KB, 400x349) Image search: [Google]
1338152831368.jpg
26 KB, 400x349
>>
>>17878347
Go back /b/
>>
>>17878370
summerfag cbf
>>
>>17878321
Because they were high from huffing whatever it was they huffed before the white man showed up with petrol.
>>
>>17878321
white man > niggers
>>
File: 1425257791917.jpg (25 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1425257791917.jpg
25 KB, 400x462
>>17878370
>cbf
>>
>>17878321

Those are Wadjina
>>
>>17878321
Those are Wandjinas. They are spirits that came from the sky and together with the Rainbow serpent created the land and everything on it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.