[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't sleep at night.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: awake-at-night.png (500 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
awake-at-night.png
500 KB, 800x521
I'm so tired and want to sleep, but as soon as I lay down in my bed and get comfy my heart begins for no reason and pounds so hard it shakes my bed and keeps me awake. I'm not afraid of anything I don't think, but my heart still begins to race when I'm laying in bed at night. Can anyone relate? Any solutions?
>>
>>17877603
don't drink caffeinated/sugary beverages/food before you sleep. heart palpitations can scary, sure...but come on. Take some melantonin and sleep. drink tons of water, be active.
>>
>>17877603
What's your diet around bedtime, whats your sleep like, is your mind racing/thinking a lot when you are laying down to sleep?

Do you have any supernatural experiences that may be related?
>>
>>17877603
Lately i feel the same, i try to buy some pills of melatonin and valerian. They help me to sleep
>>
Melatonin is a swizz, don't buy it. It will just confuse your brain. If you're sleep deprived your brain releases more adrenaline to try and compensate for your tiredness. Bad sleep leads to more bad sleep, anxiousness and mild delirium.

Don't take any "sleeping pills" either. Benzos and Z drugs reduce the quality of sleep by preventing you from entering the deeper stages of sleep.

When you're ready to get up, immediately expose yourself to bright light for some minutes. This will help to set the circadian rhythm.

Exercise in the daytime and when the sun begins to set, you should use Flux to lower the colour temperature of your monitor and dim it, if you're using the computer late at night.
>>
My heart doesnt start to race like yours, but for the past few weeks ive been having really bad night time sleep.
Its so bad that i finally start getting sleepy around 2pm...

Any advice for this? Should i try and stay up all day today and see if i can get a good nights sleep at around 10pm?

Will this affect me in a bad way? Will i need to get 16 hours of sleep to make up for 24 hours without sleep?
>>
Who else here wakes up several times throughout the night and never gets a full night's sleep
>>
>>17877603
I had that happen before. I was under some major stress at the time, so it was mostly due to that.

>>17878761
I fluctuate between this and being so exhausted that once I finally fall asleep, it takes forever for me to wake back up.
>>
>>17877603
You have anxiety OP, welcome to the club.

Only things that really work are either getting drunk (stupid and unsustainable) or taking proper sleeping pills which will not give you proper sleep and you'll wake up feeling like shit.

Exercise and routine help, wake up and go to sleep at the same time everyday.

I'll tell you what helped me and might help you; listening to podcasts while trying to to sleep. Have it on your phone speaker just loud enough that you can hear it. Gives you something to distract you so you can drop off. I was suffering from severe insomnia due to anxiety and depression, now I sleep pretty well every night. Try it.
>>
>>17877603
Classic panic attack from anxiety.

To treat the symptoms:
Sleeping pills as a very short term solution, benzodiazipines are best.
Excercise.
A couple of beers/glasses of wine in the evening. Moderation and only occasional use key if you don't want to end up an alcoholic.

Cognitive behavioural therapy is a clean and long lasting way to treat the symptoms.

To treat the cause:
Therapy.

Don't attribute it to spooky stuff as tempting as the validation of beliefs and excitement may be. It's not medieval times.
>>
>>17877603
I'm no doctor, but if it's been going on for a while without it seriously affecting your health (aside from lack of sleep) and it appears to have NO cause (for example, you're not under a lot of stress, suffering from anxiety or any heart related diseases/have a family history of such) then you may want to get checked out for POTS. It causes rapid heart rates when you change your posture - for example: sitting to standing - and some suffers get it when trying to sleep/laying down.

I know about this because I had myself checked out with same symptoms as you (rapid heart rate while trying to sleep) and the first thing my doctor considered was POTS.
>>
>>17878761
This started happening to me after i woke up late for worka few times. Now I'm just afraid to sleep more than 4 hours at once because it means i forgot to do something
>>
File: 3MN3aboBY6A[1].jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
3MN3aboBY6A[1].jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>17877603
Watch ASMR videos on YouTube on autoplay. They'll bore you to death and knock you right the fuck out plus they're pleasant to listen to.
You might sit through one or two and still be awake but by the 3rd or 4th one, you should be out like a light. Just make sure you use an adblocker because those loud ads between vids won't help.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.