[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underwater Chinese ghost base
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: ventbasedalpha.jpg (368 KB, 1326x1600) Image search: [Google]
ventbasedalpha.jpg
368 KB, 1326x1600
>China is speeding up efforts to design and build a manned deep-sea platform to help it hunt for minerals in the South China Sea, one that may also serve a military purpose in the disputed waters.

>Such an oceanic “space station” would be located as much as 3,000 meters (9,800 feet) below the surface, according to a recent Science Ministry presentation viewed by Bloomberg. The project was mentioned in China’s current five-year economic plan released in March and ranked number two on a list of the top 100 science and technology priorities.

>Authorities recently examined the implementation of the project and decided to accelerate the process, according to the presentation.

>"Having this kind of long-term inhabited station has not been attempted this deep, but it is certainly possible," said Bryan Clark, a senior fellow at the Washington-based Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. "Manned submersibles have gone to those depths for almost 50 years. The challenge is operating it for months at a time."

What are they up to down there?
>>
>>17875336
Maybe they're just hardcore role-playing Bioshock.
>>
>>17875336
Well they will kind of need somewhere to go after they nuke other leading nations
>>
>>17875336
It's a waste of money. There are better ways of getting minerals or whatever military mission they have in mind.
>>
>>17875641
>sounds about right
>>
>>17875661
>Enclave confirmed
>>
>>17875336
Source? Also, what does this have to do with ghosts?
>>
>>17875676
Then it's most likely not made with those intentions. I'm betting for scientific research (maybe even to evaluate building settlements underwater)
>>
>>17875730
>Source?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-07/china-pushes-plan-for-oceanic-space-station-in-south-china-sea

There's a let's play of some game I forget the name of where they go in a chinese underwater base for studying paranormal stuff incl, ghosts, it is a reference to that.
>>
File: realization.png (2 KB, 348x227) Image search: [Google]
realization.png
2 KB, 348x227
>>17875336
>3,000 meters
That's literally bordering on the abyssal plain. That's like forbidden territory tier shit. The incredible pressure at that depth, the complete lack of any source of light, the unaccounted for fauna that dwells that deep, where we so rarely explore.

Working down there is going to be maximum spooky
>>
>>17876656
If a child was born down there, and brought up to the surface slow enough to not suffer immediate damage, how would it react?
>>
>>17876685
Like Namor, submariner
>>
>>17875676
Virgin neckbeards obviously know how to gain minerals and resources more than top level Chinese government and military officials.
>>
File: Murph.jpg (6 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
Murph.jpg
6 KB, 299x168
>>17875336
starting a pirate radio station
>>
>>17876685
I assume they would use an atmosphere like heliox or trimix, which I'm not sure a baby could properly develop in the womb. Beyond that, it would probably be psychologically damaged if it was actually raised down there. The station won't be very big, and it won't have natural sunlight and many other things.

Tangentially-related, it's hypothesised that babies would develop in utero (or vitro or anything else) incorrectly in microgravity in space.
>>
Seriously, If the structure was kept at 1ATM much like the subs I worked on then the pressure is the same as at the surface and no decompression is needed. Stop talking about shit you don't understand, you sound fucking retarded.
>>
>>17875336
How can china be the worlds biggest producer of goods and owner of so many precious metals and still be economically behind?
what's up with all the ghost cities and pollution and poor population?
>>
>>17877477
Sorry to offend you, cunt.
>>
>>17877524
That anon is right you know.
>>
File: 1443459360003.jpg (2 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
1443459360003.jpg
2 MB, 3008x2000
>>17876656
>the walls around you constantly groaning from the extreme pressure
>that utter feeling of isolation being trapped in what is essentially an alien world shrouded in total darkness
>the knowledge that if something ever went wrong you're doomed to die a horrifying and grisly death, be it by drowning or by being literally popped like a human zit because of the high pressure, doesn't help that you know that the underwater base is literally made in China
Christ.
>>
>>17876692
>China
>Knowing how to do anything efficiently without cutting corners and ruining the result
>>
>>17875336
Why is Captain Kirk there?! He wouldn't care about ferns!
>>
>>17878425
It's his turn to do the monthly OH&S inspection
>>
>>17875336
Sealab?
>>
>>17876710
I only came into this thread to see a Sealab reference. Thank you, kind anon.
>>
>>17875336
I remember reading a manga about some kinda under sea base . Where all the occupants went mad and shit, starts worshiping old gods and stuff. Manga is 6000 rokusen if you're interested.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 320x320
>>17878425
Oh, I think the Capt is all up in the greenery.
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 750x1334
>>17876692
>Virgin neckbeards
>>
new rapture
>>
>>17877549
Inst this like the normal(surface world)?
>>
>>17878810
nudge nudge wink wink
>>
>>17875336
underwater disneyland park that doubles as a military base
>>
>>17877549
>The base is literally made in China
Top. fucking. kek.
>>
China has been playing too much Subnautica
>>
Its more like Beyond Two Souls or Soma than rapture. I mean it was literally a Chinese ghost base in bts
>>
>>17880397
Made in China, using white technology, and shitty QC.

Nothing new here. How's that Nigerian space program working out?
>>
>>17877549
You'd explode instantly or just crush into a mass of gore. You're so far down you wouldn't even get the chance to drown lol. It'd be instant though.
>>
>>17876692
THIS
>>
We soma nao
>>
>>17876269
Two Best Friends Play Beyond Two Souls, it's towards the end of the game and well after the story is beyond the point of no return.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.