[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /x/ have any interesting stuff about Nymphs? And could they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Nymphs.jpg (324 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Nymphs.jpg
324 KB, 500x750
I've always been intrigued by water and forest nymphs but sadly there isn't much sp00ky stuff about them. I'm talking like stories that argue their existence, or the existence of something like them. Does /x/ have anything like that?

And no, this isn't some type of sexual fantasy, I'm legitimately interested in things like this from ancient mythology, that harbor that aura of mystery.
>>
Nymphs are the ancient Greek spin on the idea of local gods/spirits, the idea that a local river or a certain special tree has its own divine, spectral significance. You can find this all over pagan Europe and the broader Mediterranean.

You might dig into goings-on in Britain. They've got a lot of old local things. I remember we once had a thread where someone's family estate out in, I think, Scotland was potentially being haunted by a local god. It might have all been a hoax, but the basic idea is there.
>>
>only one reply
Dammit
>>
>>17873579
>And no, this isn't some type of sexual fantasy, I'm legitimately interested in things like this from ancient mythology

Yeah, sure. You know exactly where this thread is going to go.
>>
>>17873764
This is my first time on /x/, I thought people here weren't lewd like that
>>
>>17873808
> I thought people here weren't lewd like that

Welcome to /x/, newfish. Lurk moar.
>>
In my country, nymphs are viewed as both good and bad entities. It is said that they look like auras or beautiful naked woman that have the ability to fly and they dance and sing deep into the woods at night.
It is said that if you see them dance, they will take revenge on you, taking your voice or making you ugly.
>>
File: Witold_Pruszkowski-Rusalki.jpg (238 KB, 1000x1634) Image search: [Google]
Witold_Pruszkowski-Rusalki.jpg
238 KB, 1000x1634
In Slavic mythology, we have the rusalki, which are the spirits of young women who died in or near lakes or rivers. They come back as undead and seduce and drown men. According to most stories, they can't leave the water except during Rusalka Week in early June, when they can come out of the water and climb up into the trees.
>>
The same entities as spirits Djinn Faeries ect...avoid
>>
bumperino
>>
>>17873808
We get drifters who shit up the board.
>>
>>17873579
Two of my friends claimed to have heard one a few days ago deep in the local woods. We've been going far off the hiking trials exploring ruins and the odd things you can find out there in the forest, but last time I had to work and they went without me. They said once they crossed the train tracks into the not trialed woods they could hear a women humming and singing non stop. They looked around since people aren't supposed to cross the train tracks and go into the deeper parts but they said they couldn't find her and ended up feeling creeped out and went back the way they came. Later when I went to dinner with them they said they "heard a siren in the woods", which I replied that it would be a nymph, not a siren and that I was jelly for not being there to see it.

It probably was some girl that likes to sing out in the forbidden part of the woods, or maybe it really was a nymph. I wasn't there so I can't confirm what they said as true but neither of them believe in the paranormal and never claimed to see or hear anything paranormal before this. Next time we all go I'm hoping to hear it too so I can potentially see what it is that likes to sing out in the forest at sunset.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.