[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Bible says we have free will and that God knows the future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 1441826255371.jpg (94 KB, 670x677) Image search: [Google]
1441826255371.jpg
94 KB, 670x677
The Bible says we have free will and that God knows the future and he let's his prophets reveal it with the help of the Holy Spirit.

But how can we have free will if someone already knows what we will do? If some apostole/priest/whatever also knows our future? Isn't that destiny?

Also if the soul exists then how can we have free will since the soul never changes?
>>
File: 1460925901507.jpg (95 KB, 1280x840) Image search: [Google]
1460925901507.jpg
95 KB, 1280x840
Life is like a gal game. Destiy and paths are already been choosen but they are millions, God knows them all because he is the developer of the game but you have a free will because you can always choose wich action will you take (from the diffrents options God has choosen for your own destiny)
>>
It's like a fortune teller from the Twilight Zone. The fate will always end up working as it should, regardless of your efforts. But that ultimate super plan has all your goals and junk cataloged. Just be normal, don't give eye contact and rapture will happen as planned.
>>
>>17870373

>God has choosen for your own destiny

That isn't free will. God decided what paths would be able to taken, then.
>>
remember that one theme: Satan is an evil genius, a master of deceit
>>
>>17870359
Chaos theory my man, organised chaos, we have free will but everything we are going to do is set in stone.
>>
>>17870359
In Abrahamic religions Angels do not posses free will. Now what does this mean, If God is all knowing, he has predetermined the universe and any movement that is and can be. So God is the prophet of prophets, he is the progenitor of all information. So he has created the Angels to be unaware of all of the universal information, thus making them separate from himself, but fully aligned with his ''will''. So the idea is, the information is already there, but humans are not aligned with the will of God unless he makes them so, by allowing them to see the information, the grand scheme of the predetermined plan, thus humans only posses free will through unawareness of there being an all encompassing sequence of information and movement. But that would mean that they are still a part of this ''plan'' and that their unawareness does not matter, even if they become aligned with the will of god through divine intervention, even that would be part of the plan, unless God chose not to cause this, which falls again into the predetermined plan. It all ends up in a circle because the whole thing is based on God, and if we are to base the metaphysics on him as he is described; not being explainable by human logic, that would mean:''It's magic i ain't got to explain shit''. Which is the main argument most Abrahamic religions use. Except maybe Calvinists, they believe that God has predetermined everything.
>>
God isn't real.
>>
>>17870648
God is real.
>>
>>17870359
Everyone's heart is their own of their own choosing but they go about things by their own will but one with knowledge of the truth can tell the past present and future perfectly. You're predisposed to certain things like liking the color red or because your parent is evil and you are predisposed to kindness you will grow to have a sad but kind temperament and when you meet a person who is predestined to match with you you will be such and such happy and have 3 kids. It doesn't mean you are any less frequently it just means God knows your heart even the things about you that you don't even know yet.
>>
>>17870359

The final destination is the same, but we get to carve our own path there.
>>
>>17870359
Excellent question.
Thought about that a while too.

We have free will
Therefore the future will never ever be fix
BUT
God knows it all. He knows everyones psyche even better than you know yourself. He has all the info. Some things are fixed. He knows that you will have this dinner in 3 days. Well. Not 100% but he can estimate with all the infos that the chance that you will be at this restaurant at 6pm in 3 days is 94,3856%.
So when you put all together yoz have the perfect assumption regarding everything (still not 100% fix)
Of course if god would wonder where you are in 2 months he could just give a propability of about 56,4724% for example.

Why? Quantum mechanic tells us about the same story. At the root reality is build upon propability and chance. Like you could get a nice face by chance or a frog may mutate by chance so its kids will be blue and not green.
Evolution is chance too.
Do you see how the only thing that is really just fix is stuff like: yes I exist.
like saying "I know that I know nearly nothing for certain"
>>
>>17870654
Satan get out of here. You always do this.
>>
>>17870625
>In Abrahamic religions Angels do not posses free will.

stoped reading there
>>
>>17870679
Not an argument.
>>
As a religion student who did a unit of freewill and fatalism I'd love to learn you a thing or two. But...I really cannot be arsed.
>>
>>17870673
fuck you. If am satan then give me doubles.
>>
File: 1467174107657-1.jpg (347 KB, 900x1326) Image search: [Google]
1467174107657-1.jpg
347 KB, 900x1326
God doesn't see the future from the present. God is outside the universe and time. He is looking at all time simultaneously.

As for actually telling the future and destiny, those would be options that God drives you toward, but humans still have the free will to act against God's will.
>>
god will have had a set path, the christian god is above chaos or quantum theory and thus be able to predict it

by being the origin of everything he sets in motion a perfectly predictable plan (to him at least)

hes omniscient and omnipotent and therefore has wrote the full story of the cosmos the second he began it

god will have doomed everyone to hell or heaven from the start

we dont have free will because he knew all our choices and created us anyways

fate is real, christian god if real is a massive dick
>>
>>17870701
Why even post this then?
>>
>>17870625
lucifer wanted to be god and chose to defy him so angels had free will

>>17870669
if he doesn't know 100% then he is not omniscient like the bible says
and it also means that the apocalypse can't happen exactly as described or at all

>>17870701
please do
what is arsed?

>>17870722
yes he is outside the universe and time. but in our universe we still go by our rules and if he knows our future then we still don't have free will
>>
>>17870406
the "paths" is the game itself , is a open world
you are force to play , but you are free to play it how do you wish.
>>
>>17870746
>lucifer wanted to be god and chose to defy him so angels had free will

In Islam it is clearly stated that Angels do not have free will, in Christianity it is stated that they exist only to serve gods commands, implying that they do not have free will. But even in Islam, Satan who is an angel defies god. This can only be rationalized in both Islam and Christianity that God allowed it to happen, or gave him free will. But that would then go back to the predetermination of the whole thing.
>>
>>17870746
this
>>
File: 1467122314135.jpg (62 KB, 736x486) Image search: [Google]
1467122314135.jpg
62 KB, 736x486
>>17870716
Dubs
>>
>>17870728
Or utterly stuipid and unfit for the job
>>
>>17870751
that's still destiny
and i think it's called determinism, some liberal/postmodernism crap
>>
>>17870771
>in islam
I don't know/care about islam

>they exist only to serve gods commands, implying that they do not have free will
that's not necessarly true. i doubt they wouldn't want to serve god. i don't think there is a soul that has seen heaven/god and chose to reject it

>God allowed it to happen, or gave him free will
if he didn't allow it to happen then he would not have free will

but indeed the question still remains. if he knows whats going to happen is free will true?
>>
>>17870818
I'm telling you, no matter how you flip it. The only way for humanity to have free will in the context of Christianity, is the argument that God is above Human logic.
>>
>>17870701
Quality post, m8.
>>
File: maxresdefault (37).jpg (73 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (37).jpg
73 KB, 1920x1200
>>17870771
Satan is like the HAL 9000 in 2010 - God gave him conflicting orders, so he went psycho.
>>
>>17870751
This!
>>
>>17870899
Interesting point
>>
>>17870899
HAL IS satan
do you even subliminal message?
I bet you think Eyes Wide Shut is about a tea party
>>
>>17870962
Eyes Wide Shut is literally just a modern version of the book it was based on. It's about sex. Not spoopy secret shit.
>>
>>17870981
The book and the movie are almost nothing alike, plus there are innumerable references to the occult in Eyes Wide Shut. Do I think there is a spoopy hidden message about world governments in it? No. Do I think there is a hidden meaning though? yes
>>
>>17871020
> there are innumerable references to the occult in Eyes Wide Shut

Name some, or link some information regarding this claim. I haven't noticed any occult symbolism. There is symbolism and hidden things that connected the movie better if you notice them.
>>
>>17871058
the weird "song" playing during the orgy scene is a romanian orthodox priest singing a prayer played backwards because that's what satanists prayers are

just because you guys dont believe in luminety doesn't mean the movie isn't about them
>>
>>17870722
How can a being that exists out of time and reality that always know everything still have individuality or even consciousness?
>>
>>17871071
>the weird "song" playing during the orgy scene is a romanian orthodox priest singing a prayer played backwards
Everybody knows this. It just fitted the scene, it has no satanic symbolism. You got any proofs regarding your claim that satanists pray backwards christian prayers? And what satanist group exactly.
>>
>>17871072
read origins memories by ghelasie

>>17871085
>satanic prayer is not satanic symbolism

and google it
and read the vigilant citizen article about the movie then come back and cry
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.