[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/ i'm fucking scared. very scared. ever since i can remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: bath2.jpg (109 KB, 850x453) Image search: [Google]
bath2.jpg
109 KB, 850x453
/x/

i'm fucking scared. very scared. ever since i can remember i have always been afraid of showering at night. i have no idea why, but i have always had this feeling of utter dread strike me when i'm showering at night. sometimes it happens nearly every day, and some other times it goes on without happening for months. and tonight it hit much harder than it has ever hit before. and for the first time something else happened. while i was showering and hurrying it up in order to leave my place for a while to calm down, my bathroom mirror broke.
>>
Shower in the morning doofus
>>
>>17865127
It's called a phobia, an irrational fear of something, there's nothing supernatural about it whatsoever.
>>
File: Danny-Cooksey-Diffrent-Strokes.jpg (43 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Danny-Cooksey-Diffrent-Strokes.jpg
43 KB, 630x420
>>17865134
>>
>>17865134
that's when i usually do it.

anyway. i was just trying to take a picture of the mirror but for some reason my cellphone died and it seems i can't recharge it. i'm going to try and find my digital camera but i can't remember where it is. and my entire place is smelling like shit. i went outside to see if the smell "spreads" but it seems to be contained inside my apartment. i remember reading here once that some demonic presences manifest as a smell of shit.
>>
>>17865127
Whats the earliest memory you have of showering at night? Did something negative occur while you were doing so? You may have to think for a while, it could be a repressed memory.

Your fear is irrational and knowing what is causing it can help you get over it.
>>
>>17865171
It's an irrational fear of showering at night, not demons, you numpty.
>>
>>17865172

maybe when i was 2 or so, and i remember my mom was showering with me, but nothing particularly negative happened,

but it's not fear per se, it's more of a feeling of dread, like as if a dreadful presence is with me. the only other time i felt this was back when i was in the highest of my depression, which i have since overcome. and i woke up in the middle of the night and right by the foot of my bed was this human sized shadow who was kind of emanating this feeling i get. i closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. two days later i tried to kill myself.
>>
>>17865186
i shower at night everyday when i get home from work, i have no problem with showering at night. ti would be an irrational fear if this happened every time i showered at night, which is not the case.

now the smell is much worse. and this st. george statue my grandmother gave to me when i bought this place just fell from the bookstand where i keep it.
>>
>>17865192
You should see about talking to a psychiatrist, seriously, and try to get this stuff worked out.
>>
>>17865202
Ah, I get it, you're roleplaying. Can I be the sexy nurse who wants a guy who likes her more for her intelligence than her looks?
>>
>>17865192
Paranoia. You have to realize your fears are irrational, the things you dear don't exist. I would say get a weapon as that cures 90% of paranoia cases (biologically speaking we evolved to use weapons as defense, so a feeling of dread can come over one to indicate for them to make or find a weapon) but you apparently also have suicidal tendencies so that's a bad idea.

Stay away from meds, they make shit worse. A lot of what's wrong with modern humans can be corrected by going back to the ways we used to live.

By chance are you a female? They seem to have it the worst when it comes to paranoia, you're supposed to have a man around as protection and when you don't shit like this happens.
>>
>>17865127
You still alive, OP?
>>
>>17865127
what type of answer are you looking for?
>>
File: 1466592580274.jpg (31 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
1466592580274.jpg
31 KB, 555x644
>>17865127
ok il try.

long forgotten childhood trauma, subconsciously effecting how you feel.
as far as physiology goes thats all i can think of, that and irrational phobia for some reason.

as far as spoops go, maybe you could look up if something happened to the place where the house is, maybe burial ground, or past murder.

>>17865135
or you could pick the easiest way to explain it away like this anon. its completly reasonable to belive it to be a phobia, but you have no reason to act like its case closed, far from.
>>
"psychology" i mean but whatever
>>
Cheaper glass will break when there's a bit of temperature flux if you post a picture I can probably tell you if it's from vibration or temperature drop or rise or a smash.
>>
File: 1464281451487.jpg (113 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1464281451487.jpg
113 KB, 960x1280
>>17868839
vibrations, could it be a possibility that vibrations from the building or pipes underneath is messing with his brain?

iv heard about how old hotel buildings make people hallucinate from weird vibrations and low hums.
>>
>>17868854
Yea paranoia can definitely come from sounds
>>
>>17865127
I have really bad paranoia so I can relate what makes me feel better is that in scary movies ghosts slowly come out and haunt a little more each night and I always think well nothing kinda major has happened yet and if it does I'll just move. I know it's weird and doesn't make sense but it helps me
>>
Not entirely irrational. Showering is a time when you're exposed and sometimes have your eyes closed (assuming you're not doing it with clothes and goggles...). It's a survival disadvantage. Then throw in any recent stress or other issues. I used to have a shower with a fog-glass window for lighting and would get that feeling sometimes. I expected to open my eyes, look over, and see a silhouette looking back at me.
But you know what? Never happened. If it helps, bring a temporary crutch, something that helps you feel more at ease. Maybe music. Maybe a weapon. But learn to get over it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.