[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, I have a question about something that happened in my browser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: cigamkcirt.jpg (12 KB, 582x219) Image search: [Google]
cigamkcirt.jpg
12 KB, 582x219
Ok, I have a question about something that happened in my browser and looking for possible explanations.

I was listening to Hotel California and told a bunch of friends in a chat room that I recently read that the song is about vampires (google "Hotel California is about vampires.") and tried to convince them about it. Well, they didn't really care and the conversation moved on to Batman, which made me think about the Joker and I wanted to rewatch one of his scenes.

I still had the tab open with Hotel California on Youtube, and wanted to type magic trick scene but my typing came out reverse. Like pic related, it said "cigam kcirt"... which I found odd but I thought at first I just hallucinated it or something, so I erased it and switched the tab to google. I wrote magic trick there and it worked, so I went back to the Hotel California tab and typed magic trick and it became "cigam kcirt" AGAIN. So I freaked out and closed everything.

I was not under the influence of any drug, I wasn't tired and I don't have schizophrenia. So what the hell was that? A friend told me there is a keyboard combination to get this effect, but he was never able to find it.

I don't want to be silly and think it was vampires fucking with me but I couldn't recreate the effect yet. I tried some but no luck so far. If you help me recreate the effect through rational means I will delete the thread without question.
>>
>>17864783
vampires hacked you
>>
>>17864783
Stop taking drugs OP.
>>
>>17864814
I literally said "I was not under the influence of any drug" in my post. I don't take drugs.
>>
I'd suggest you ask in other places because people here have no clue about anything besides roleplaying wizards (and pol is better at magic, and tg is better at roleplaying).
>>
Press Control and the right Shift key to enable RTL text entry. Press Control and the left Shift key to enable LTR text entry.

There are other methods but these work in most programs and are the easiest to do.

Alternatively, your home key was jammed. Pressing the home key in a text box places the cursor at the beginning of the entry box.

>>17864840
This. /x/ isn't a good place to ask for anything, really.
>>
>>17864783
You're first mistake was listening to Hotel California. That song always gives me mild seizures too.

Seriously tho, probably nothing. My keyboard used to type out whole sentences without my input, always the same thing too. Eventually it stopped doing it. Technology is full of harmless glitches and ghosts. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>17864844
>>17864840
These, /x/ is a shitty board.
>>
>>17864840
> (and pol is better at magic, and tg is better at roleplaying).
>>
Eagles of Death Metal
Sorcery of the Spectacle
>>
File: RTL.jpg (67 KB, 1593x419) Image search: [Google]
RTL.jpg
67 KB, 1593x419
>>17864844
>Alternatively, your home key was jammed. Pressing the home key in a text box places the cursor at the beginning of the entry box.

That doesn't explain it, I had 2 words with a space in between. It wouldn't type out two words reversed.

>RTL text entry

Even if the text direction is from right to left, it wouldn't say "cigam kcirt" after typing magic trick. Or would it?

It also looked totally normal apart from the fact that the letters were reversed. It was in the textbox, normal position, my cursor too. It also went away back to normal without me pressing any keys and it ONLY happened in the Hotel California tab, I tested it when it happened.

I mean everyone probably experienced that by pressing some keys you switch into "arabic text mode" (for a lack of better word) but it's very distinctive and gives different results.
>>
>>17864848
Yeah but what if it was a spirit who tried to communicate that the song is INDEED about vampires?
>>
>>17864891
bye bye
>>
>>17864864
Relevant how?
>>
>>17864783
I still got no answer for it. I posted it in different places and even asked a Chrome programmer.
>>
FYI Many years ago I read that the guy who wrote this was partly referring to his mother's battle with cancer. This part specifically is abt her her surgery "they stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast"
>>
>>17869067
That's one interpretation, but I think it's about vampires.
>>
>>17864840
>>17864844
>>17864850

Yet here you are.
>>
>>17869067
>the guy who wrote this
>THE guy
>>
File: you.png (586 KB, 596x560) Image search: [Google]
you.png
586 KB, 596x560
>>17870525
>>
>>17869067
That line is also a subtle dig at the eagles' main competition at the time, steely dan, or so i've heard.
>>
>>17870672
it's about heroin. the entire song is.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.