[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you make a deal with God instead of the Devil?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: G.jpg (46 KB, 600x267) Image search: [Google]
G.jpg
46 KB, 600x267
Can you make a deal with God instead of the Devil?
>>
its called prayer dipshit

you ask for something god gives it to you
>>
>>17862454
That isn't really making a deal though.
>>
I suppose you could, I mean you can make a deal with anyone if you can get them interested enough. I guess the real question is how can you make god interested in what you want?
>>
You make a deal through having faith in him and shiwing love. That's it that's all.

Forget the whole fear the new testament thing, the bible has been altered.
>>
>>17862432
>Can you make a deal with God instead of the Devil?

No because your soul belongs to God and will always belong to God even if you sell it to demons.
>>
>>17862432
Yes. People do it every day.

Giving your life to Jesus, asking for the Holy Spirit.

These are forms of making deals with God. Ask and Ye Shall Receive.

If you are specifically referring to a system where you have to give God something in exchange for something He does for you: You are given (in Heaven and on Earth) according to your works. The deal is to do good works and have faith that you will be rewarded by God for them.
>>
>>17862548
You must be Catholic, protestants don't believe in good works which is why they're assholes
>>
>implying you have anything worth making a deal over
Useless sack of shit.
>>
>>17862715
He can offer his good boy points

God might want some chicken tendies
>>
File: 1459372755866.jpg (14 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1459372755866.jpg
14 KB, 238x192
>>17862759
>implying God doesn't have an endless supply of tendies whenever YWHW wants, even though he does not go wanting

HERETICFAG
RRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
Sure, if you're playing The Binding of Isaac (angel rooms)
>>
>>17863028
God definitely does want some tendies.. Not even that nigga can resist, he also probably wants some good pussy, and some grade A drugs n he'd be happy.
>>
The God of Abraham doesn't NEED anything from us.
We, however, might want things like grace, forgiveness of sins, etc.
So we worship him and give him thanks for this garden planet we dwell upon.
Ever hear the expression, "You can't fight city hall"?
There are some tripfriends on this board, however, who have found (allegedly) other "entities" in need of some attention.
And, like a fat girl, they'll put out for some attention.
>>
>>17862715
>blood
>>
>>17862715
>>implying you have anything worth making a deal over (with God)
Implying you don't.
>>
No. God won't give you any material things, that's why the deals with the Devil were invented in the first place. You do what He says, not the other way. And He will reward you with Heaven.
>>
>>17862432

You can ask God for instruction; It is called prayer.

Your proposition to make a deal with God is economically untenable, because mortals cannot have leverage with the omnipotent entity.

All law- in merciful divinity specifies that you are limited to acts of faith, and thus worship.
>>
>>17862483
You don't make deals with God. You have nothing He needs. Either you're a son of God and He loves you. Or you're not.
>>
>>17862432

Sure. They are all members of the elohim race. You will probably make a deal with an emissary since the top elohim are kind of a big deal.
>>
File: 1465280287156-b.jpg (46 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1465280287156-b.jpg
46 KB, 1440x900
>>17862432
If an entity is "telling" you that it's God, you already done fucked up. If you tried to make a deal with that entity, you done double-fucked yourself.

If you are a Catholic, or even a Christian, and you serve the Lord (and repent or ask for forgiveness) you will be given access to his Kingdom. That is the only "deal" he makes.

Beings from other planes will try to fool you. Some of them have been doing it for thousands of years. So needless to say that they're getting pretty good at it. Certain angels will also make "deals" but there is ALWAYS a downside.

If you DO make a deal, enjoy the mortal coil and the "gifts" you have received temporarily, while preparing yourself for the eternity you'll spend paying for them.
>>
>>17862710
What is difference between Catholic and Orthodox?
>tired of being asshole
>>
>>17863680
He said protestant not orthodox.
>>
>>17863693
I will not be satisfied until I get the answers I so crave
>>
>>17863395
God agreed with Noah never to flood the earth again. Your ignorance is flabergasstingly astounding.

Read >>17862548 where I explain the kinds of agreements people enter into with God every day.
>>
>>17863569
>That is the only "deal" he makes.
Explicitly false. Many people enter into agreements with God.
> Beings from other planes will try to fool you.
By their works ye shall know them. In knowing righteousness, one can easily distinguish between God and the devil.
>>
>>17863757
Most people aren't that righteous. Also, what deals with God can be made that I'm unaware of? Or do you not have any examples?
>>
>>17863307
How do I contact one.
>>
>>17862432
Only if they're two separate entities and not just different faces of one singular two-faced polity.
>>
>>17863777
>Or do you not have any examples?
Read the Bible and you will find some. More relating to benefits for people then for inanimate materials. Moses' covenant is also a deal made with God.

If you look into it, you will find people who have had certain experiences where they have turned to God, and then agreed to do work in this world for Him.
>>
>>17863885
In other words it's what I said, they serve the Lord and give their life to him? It's still the only deal God makes. Nice reach.
>>

it's called God's Covenant or Promise etc. look it up
>>
>>17862432
A personal deal, yes.

Usually deals involve becoming a priest, monk, or some kind of spiritual vocation, or having one of your children become a priest or monk.
>>
>>17863915
I'm pretty sure the Jews are destined to rule over earth at some point.
>>
I find it strange this board can talk normally without arguing about religion and what's true or not
>>
File: 1458118401987.gif (425 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1458118401987.gif
425 KB, 512x512
>>17864017
>question about God
>anonymous setting

Wutdiduexpekkm8.spookpeg
>>
File: angry-God-cutoff-penis-03.jpg (90 KB, 646x585) Image search: [Google]
angry-God-cutoff-penis-03.jpg
90 KB, 646x585
>>17862432
Yeah but you may have to cut the end of your cock off.
>>
>>17864115
>spookpeg
It's supposed to be .jspook. Fuck you man I'm more triggered than I've ever been.
>>
>>17862432
You already made a deal with God. You're alive, aren't you?
>>
>>17862432
God only wants you to believe in Jesus.
That is the only deal you can make with our Father.
>>
>>17864167
No. If I were alive we'd be living in an entirely different world. I haven't even begun to exist.
>>
>>17864222
God created Man, there was no agreement to come into existence.

The agreement was made after Man was tempted to sin.
>>
>>17864240
On top of that, those who have reincarnated exist within the context of an agreement or decision that enabled their reincarnation, so they may have an agreement or obligation that they are unaware of.
>>
>>17862432
Well, no, you can't - because neither exist.
>>
>>17862432
Yeah. No shit, right? It's not as edgy though. I mean, how are you going to earn the respect of your peers, if you don't feel all badass and rebellious afterwards?
>>
>>17866266
What an absolute faggot.
>>
>>17862548
>You are given (in Heaven and on Earth) according to your works.

>This triggers the protestant.jpg
>>
File: Padre_Pio.jpg (51 KB, 417x599) Image search: [Google]
Padre_Pio.jpg
51 KB, 417x599
>>17862432
"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. "
t. God

So yes, you can have a "deal" with him. You devote him all of your life, you do evry fucking thing that he say, do good works and have a faith. Much faith is needed to perform miracles. The last guy that have this small amount of faith to do it while still beeing alive was Father Pio. You do not have a faith that he have and probably never will be. And you probably do not want to get through shit that this great man walk through.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.