[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pagan/ - Pagan General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: goatbaby.jpg (55 KB, 480x474) Image search: [Google]
goatbaby.jpg
55 KB, 480x474
I want to get into pagan spirituality. What type would /x/ recommend?

Also pagan discussion/rec thread
>>
File: Gundestrupkedlen.jpg (2 MB, 2768x1884) Image search: [Google]
Gundestrupkedlen.jpg
2 MB, 2768x1884
>>17859962
I have a small shrine in the woods, on a hill overlooking a quarry outside of town. On a large flat boulder I built a small cairn and carved some images into the stone, including the sun, the moon, and a deer as representative of a cernunnos-like diety. The cairn lies atop a carving of a tree, the tree of life. Every so often I'll go there and lay down wildflowers and perhaps a small bit of food as an offering to local pagi. I'll also burn the end of a dry reed and wave it over the alter. I'm not sure why, it just feels like the right thing to do. I don't have an exact pantheon in mind but I feel if I honor the local spirits first the rest will sort itself out.

My only problem is I've gotten pretty bad poison ivy from the area. I just need to dress more /out/ when I go.

Also I missed celebrating the solstice ;_;
>>
I could get into Helenism if there actually was some accurate guideline to do it.
Really don't wanna piss off Ares or Zeus
>>
>>17859962
>I want to get into pagan spirituality

Have exhausted all other other means to getting laid?
>>
>>17860000
>>17860000
I have a house at the edge of the woods with a shrine of my own as well. Beautiful forest. Not only great for ritual practices but for just walking and finding peace. A lot of people in town keep asking to see it but I keep it to myself. Sorry you missed the solstice though. I had a good time.

Sick quads btw.
>>
>>17859962
Most Pagan traditions involve your ancestors / ancestry. What is your ethnic background?
>>
>>17860051
Not OP but I checked mine not long ago but it's all humble French workers, even at the 5th generation
>>
>>17860051
Doesn't your locality matter more than ethnicity? Does the power of Euro spirits extend to America?
>>
>>17860299
That's what I've wondered about in regards to Shinto. I'd heard that a lot of Shinto is strictly Japanese and centered upon Japan, but then I thought about the Japanese immigrants into the West Coast, and the Shinto temples they often have there.

All the same, Yahweh seems to be doing well for himself outside of his territory, so maybe it does have more to do with the people than location.
>>
wiccan bump :^)
>>
Just avoid Stephan McNallen and you will do fine.
>>
>>17860012
Those guys are kinda dicks. At least Thor will just kill you if you piss him off.
>>
Are you sure you can handle it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVw_mPvYcDM
>>
File: 1466856290954.jpg (372 KB, 1000x997) Image search: [Google]
1466856290954.jpg
372 KB, 1000x997
Well you see you got a couple choices in front of you
some voices going to want you to pay dues
just do what you feel is right
its gunna be allright
eventually youll start talking to manifest conscious light
and thats when things get heavy
then you have to learn how to cope
you might get harassed just keep the hope
I noticed they communicate differently depending on the dope
just so you can question your sanity, but dont be confused by the alluding of their vanity its just a test to see if you can actually see
something like mimicry
it gets real deep you see
just try not to drown at sea
where on a boat in the middle of space for all to see
>>
>>17861405
>it gets real deep you see
>just try not to drown at sea
>where on a boat in the middle of space for all to see

It's impossible to overstate how stupid you sound.
>>
>>17859962
Hah wow I own that comic!
>>
>>17860012
There wasn't ever any strict dogma regarding it. All the stories involving the greek gods usually show that they just want respect more than anything. Athena turned Arachne into a spider for gloating that her weaving skills surpassed Athena's. Poseidon got Odysseus lost at sea for 16 years for badmouthing him and saying he wasn't needed.

People forget how human the gods can be.
>>
>>17861405
Your grammar is atrocious. Bad spelling, incomplete or run-on sentences, and virtually non-existent punctuation. You get an F-, and recommend you go back to fucking school.
>>
>>17860063
You may want to check out the Celtic traditions then.
>>
>>17860299
Both matter greatly. You must make friends with the spirits of the land you're in, AND honour your ancestors and their beliefs. It tends to be easier to interact with systems that you are already lined up for.
>>
>>17860477
The Goddesses, Gods, etc... aren't limited by location. They don't need passports savvy? It is best to show respect to the local traditions. Since a great part of Pagan spirituality and magic has to do with one's ancestors, it may be easier to explore the beliefs they held pre-christian invasion.
>>
>>17861595
What one is it? Reverse image search is surprisingly unhelpful.
>>
>>17861988
>honour your ancestors and their beliefs

>>17861993
>spirituality and magic has to do with one's ancestors

Your immediate ancestors were probably members of an Abrahamic religion. What about their beliefs?
>>
>>17861988
I only know my family back til the late 19th century, when they were somewhere in Germany. I suppose if you went back 2000 years they were Germanic/Celtic tribespeople.
>>
Any advice for someone having a hard time "believing" in the gods?
>>
>>17861389
Holy moly
o
l
y
m
o
l
y
>>
>>17865418
Do it if you can, don't force it. Maybe take some peyote and LSD and have a spiritual journey.
>>
>>17865418
Read more. Find a deity that you identify with and go out in to nature in search of them.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>17865418
Go out and seek them instead of just waiting for them to come to you
>>
>>17861982
You sure about this?
Southern France was the first part to get overrun by Romans, no?
>>
>>17866310
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallia_Narbonensis

It's not the same as Hibernian Celts but there was a Gaulish Celtic culture before Roman control. Unfortunately there is sparse records of any Celtic polytheism, and most of the French Gauls adopted the Roman pantheon before their religion was recorded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallo-Roman_religion

I have the same problem, as little of the native continental Germanic religion was written down. Now the closest thing is Norse paganism, which has become fraught with edgelords and black metal fans.
>>
File: dubs-bale.jpg (23 KB, 424x511) Image search: [Google]
dubs-bale.jpg
23 KB, 424x511
>>17860000
checked
>>
>>17862045
Sorry for the late reply, haven't got my collection with me at the moment but I'm sure it's a DC House of Mystery comic with art by Alec Nino.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.