[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The man from Taured
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: the-Man-from-Taured.jpg (45 KB, 976x689) Image search: [Google]
the-Man-from-Taured.jpg
45 KB, 976x689
What are your thoughts on this case http://deletedwikipedia.gawker-labs.com/wiki/Taured_mystery?

Was the man even real? If so how did he get out of a 15 story high guarded hotel room? Was he just a master criminal who just gave the post-war Japanese the slip, or was he someone not from this reality?
>>
i bet u 5 bucks he was from the future so the us gubmint could find out jap secrets abot when they were gonna bomb pear harbor or invent nintendo and he found out he was to the wrong time period and gave the ol nips the slip
>>
>>17859042
Urban legends, but a cool one.
>>
>>17859142
It is mentioned in some official myth books from when it was first reported to have happened. How can you be sure it's a myth?
>>
Matrix
>>
Shameless self-bump. Come on /x/ you're normally good with this kind of topic.
>>
>>17859228
>official
>myth book
Nah. Did you even try researching before posting?
>>
>>17859068
This is most likely exactly how it happened..
>>
What if he parkoured out the window and up the building?
People climb the sides of buildings all the time.
>>
>>17859457
There ARE experts in gathering such info, it's a comependium of speculated myths, I believe it to be a true story through independent esearch.
>>
>>17859563
Then post your "sources" or fuck off
>>
File: lWDjuk2.jpg (626 KB, 1884x1742) Image search: [Google]
lWDjuk2.jpg
626 KB, 1884x1742
>>17859568
>>
>>17859582
Loving every laugh, friend
>>
>>17859582
That's not posting source, that's posting a picture of what appears to be a page from a book - which is easy to make with illustrator and photoshop.
Source would be telling us the name of the book, its author(s) and ISBN number so that we may find it ourselves.
>>
File: SCP.png (17 KB, 800x220) Image search: [Google]
SCP.png
17 KB, 800x220
The foundation took him, that's what.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2516
>>
This could be an exaggeration of another story. I found this translation of the Spanish version that is a bit different. Not sure how accurate it is or anything, but it's interesting.

"Swept from Tuared In 1954, following civil unrest of great violence in Japan, the Japanese authorities felt that the riots were being instigated by foreign agitators and were given the task of scrutinizing the passports of visitors from other countries . detecting irregularities, such as signs of counterfeiting by terrorist or anti-government groups Bergier reports that officers were met with a host of some hotel in Tokyo whose papers appeared to be in good order, but with one small problem: the government that issued the passport did not exist. The document no signs of forgery. The photograph of the bearer was clearly visible and fingerprints were identical. However, Japanese officials could not find any "Republic of Tuared" on their maps, despite protests from abroad, who insisted that his country took up most of the Sahara Desert, stretching from Mauretania in the west to Sudan in the east.

It was true, however, that the man had come to Japan on a mission unedifying: buy weapons to help emancipate Arab countries of Western oppression. According Bergier, anonymous tuarediano convened a press conference to state their case, and the press tried in vain to locate his country despite having requested the assistance of the United Nations Arab League. Swept from Tuared was interned in a Japanese mental hospital, where he presumably remains to this day -. A stranger in a strange land is clear that the whole event could have been a fraud - an effort Maghrebi nationalists interested in establish their own country and deceive customs officials."

cont.
>>
>>17860017
This suggests that Tuared is either a misspelling or a variant transliteration of arabic word Tuareg. The Tuareg are a nomadic people living in the Sahara with a territory that currently stretches West from Mali (which is on the eastern border of Mauritania) to Libya and Niger in the East (not all that close to Sudan). So it could be somewhat possible? Maybe?
>>
>>17860020
>no link to original
Every damned time
>>
>>17860023
Knew I'd get busted. It was on another discussion board about it and the link was from two years ago and doesn't work anymore. So I'm just going off someone else's post. Sorry :/
>>
File: 1465186572557.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1465186572557.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>17859068
My wife's son Nintendo confirms this, he is a top level government agent from the future.
>>
My personal theory is that he accidentally found himself in our dimension and somehow, the powers that be drug him back. Don't the case files say that even his stuff the police confiscated vanished too?
>>
>>17860103
>case files
There are none. As much as I want it to have happened, Taured Man's only sources are Strange Tales-style books with no real weight to them.
>>
Alright So

He was actually one of the two electricians in the Lead Masks case, and they semi-successfully achieved time travel through some manner, but eventually died as a result.

One of them was the Man from Taured. Once the signal came, he was transported back in time to Tokyo in 1954. Realizing he was alone, he quickly made an escape and returned back to his own time.

The other was the Tamam Shud case. He was transported to Australia in 1948, but died during transfer.

>but they found the bodies

Eventually the bodies returned to their normal time in 1966, frequent time travel leading them to die of old age, without age.
>>
>>17860152
Case closed. Why couldn't I see it before?
>>
>>17859966
>Dude SCP meme lmao xD
>>
>>17860180
I don't get it
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 240x180
2 Bee not forgetfull to entertaine strangers, for thereby some have entertayned Angels unawares.

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Hebrews-Chapter-13/
>>
I read somewhere that alleged "man from tuared" posessed Hungarian or Slovakian Passport on him, when he was checked in Japan
>>
>>17860282
hey that's my favorite verse
>>
it is entirely possible that these people who literally just from the sticks. Not like we think of the sticks as some small town etc etc but literally from nowhere hidden somewhere. People do this all the time from something as harmless as a gated community to people actually going off the grid. The fact that most of them happened a long while ago its possible they could have gone unnoticed for all of childhood and part of adulthood.
>>
>>17860020
I really dig that Tuareg "desert blues" band Tinariwen. They have some ill massed-vocal harmonies and wicked guitar work.
>>
>>17860061
Well meme'd my friend
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.