[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bhutan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: Bhutan_flag.jpg (908 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Bhutan_flag.jpg
908 KB, 1920x1200
I recently took a trip to Bhutan, since my family and my psychologist agreed it would be good for me to get some fresh air. The place is supposed to be serene and peaceful.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this country really lived up to all that has been said about it. I visited various Dzongs and temples, trekking through mountains to reach them. However, as I visited one Buddhist shrine after another, something felt amiss.

This place was a little too tranquil. The people, the animals, everyone seemed to be unnaturally quiet and peaceful. You have to visit Bhutan to know. There is something wrong; I can't put my finger on it. I'm not even sure if I should be calling it "wrong". The whole place seems to be in a daze.
In addition to having a royal king, Bhutan has a religious head - the Je Khenpo. This man mediates and heads the activities of the monks and interprets the religion of the nation.

The more I interacted with the people, all very amicable and well educated, the more suspicious I grew of this place. They all regard their kings in the same way as people would Gods. Their economy is doing very well despite having only a bit of tourism flourishing; healthcare, education and many such benefits are free for the citizens.

>Certain spots just are completely devoid of sound.
>Often fog/clouds appear out of nowhere, completely cover everything.
>I grew extremely attached to the place, didn't feel like leaving.
>Feel like going back almost all the time since I left.

Could there be a mass spell or something laid over this country? Is there such a thing? Even the birds and mammals were seemingly entranced: no chirping or barking. Really, you have to be there to know what I'm saying.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (772 KB, 1053x3516) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
772 KB, 1053x3516
>>17854923
Also, I am the same person who posted about my experience in the Western Ghats hills and my "haunted" room. Based on your suggestions I am now seeing a psychiatrist.

I can talk about that too, and if that is somehow related to my experience in Bhutan.
>>
I feel like this is just what happens when a culture develops around the idea of harmony. Bhutan's citizens aren't particularly aggressive towards each other or outsiders, so it's probably pretty peaceful. As someone who lived near Philadelphia, Bhutan or similar countries would be way more pleasant to live in, although it might be jarring at first.
>>
>>17854923
It's just that most Westerners aren't accustomed to complete tranquility - at least the kind that Bhutan offers. We're not used to being isolated, so it's strange at first.

The lack of fast-paced, modernized cities and the interconnectedness that you see in most places actually allows you to enjoy the small things. I imagine this is how most people lived centuries ago.

Maybe something attracts us to simplicity.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.