[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perception and Reality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: pvr.jpg (43 KB, 561x600) Image search: [Google]
pvr.jpg
43 KB, 561x600
Recently I have been thinking about reality and how the brain perceives it. The brain is a magnificent machine. It can interpret signals it receives from the world around us to form one solid experience.

However, the brain can also misread its surroundings. For example, you might see a flicker of movement at the edge of your vision, when in reality nothing is there. Or maybe you think you hear your name when standing in a crowd. Either way, our perception differs from reality due to hallucinations.

The topic of hallucinations interests me. Being the insomniac that I am, I have had quite a few hallucinations myself in the wee hours of the morning. So this got me thinking. Is there a possible way to influence, focus, or possibly even control these hallucinations? To shape how you perceive your reality to your liking! Occasionally I'm able to influence the early morning hallucinations, but I can't seem to replicate this during the daytime.

So /x/, what are some ways you know of influencing your perception of reality? One method of which I've heard is meditation, but as I have no prior experience in that field, I do not know where to start. If one of you could be so kind to share some insight on any of these topics, I would be forever grateful.
>>
>>17853827
Bump
>>
>>17853827
I remember looking at the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia when I was a little kid. That's what I love about illusions; they're right up there in front of you but somehow you don't see them... until suddenly you do... and I saw that I lived in a world where the symbol was more important than the reality. Where the menu was supposed to taste better than the meal. They're bombing planet Hollywood... those terrorists know exactly where the power lies. None of it's real. Kennedy was a good man. Nixon was a bad man. Is that true or is that just what we've been told is true? Half of the stars in Hollywood are gay pretending to be straight... (Walt Disney) was a shit. The moon landings happened in a studio. The America I thought I lived in was a trick; I'd only ever really seen it on TV, in comic books and movies... especially movies. The Rosicrucians who built this country wouldn't know where they were if you brought them here, would they? Not until you showed them Independence Day. That night when I pissed down over Manhattan, I saw time. I saw time itself... America has been in a declared state of national emergency since March 9th, 1933, giving the president powers to suspend freedom of speech and take control away from all communications media at any time. Who cares? Bruce Willis is here to save us all. The more I looked, the less real America became. And the less real it became, the stronger it got. Planet Hollywood.
>>
The hallucination has taken control.
How do we take control of the hallucination?
>>
You wonder why the children of America are so obsessed with death? You wonder why rock groups that look like corpses and zombie comic-book heroes are so goddamn popular here? It's just the same way your Victorians loved their tombs and seances and murders. The American Empire is dead and does not know it. Like your empire before it, it's only aware of it in its sleep.
>>
File: blindfold2.jpg (537 KB, 2258x1838) Image search: [Google]
blindfold2.jpg
537 KB, 2258x1838
Have you ever wondered why we talk of "spelling"? There is a spell word implanted in the brain of every English-speaking child, the root mantra of restriction, the secret name of a mighty hidden demon: "eybeesee-dee-ee-eff-geeaitcheye-jai-kayell-emenn-ohpeequeue-are-ess-tee-youveedouble-you-ex-wyezed". That name and all the names it generates were designed to set limits upon humanity's ability to express abstract thought. What you see depends entirely upon the words you have to describe what you see. Nothing exists unless we say it.
>>
Hear this: When our masters' work is done, every living thing will have the status of a machine. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. We will replace contact with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. We will cover the earth with steel and with concrete, this planet will be a factory farm producing morons to fuel and mantain the factory engines and feed our masters. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve and die in anguish and ignorance. Look around you, the process is already in its final stages. And you, like everyone else, will take your place on the production line.
>>
>>17854320
ooooh
>>
File: aLVuyPA.jpg (116 KB, 628x640) Image search: [Google]
aLVuyPA.jpg
116 KB, 628x640
Yeah. No new info here. We're all huffing and hallucinating from oxygen. Go read Kant.
>>
>>17854287
take heart anon-
you are not alone
one day the circle will complete itself, fulfilling the prophecies of old-
planet hollywood
>>
>>17854345
The only prophecies I place any faith in our my own.
>>
>>17854342
God is big
>>
File: training.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
training.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
Physically manifesting your astral projection.

Induce hallucinogenic vibrations using vibrations in music, colors on art, context with words.

Do this until every thought you make, every breath you take becomes and expression of the soul.

Your induced hallucinations may take some time to be experienced, but when it does you'll notice the echo for centuries.
>>
I mean this is pretty obvious, drugs.

Try some LSD, DMT or Mushrooms OP.

Anything else is hardly worth fucking with. Although some of the coolest hallucinations I ever had were on DXM.

Here's one of my most bizarre DXM hallucinations and it kind of plays into your topic OP.

>I did a pretty large amount of DXM, I'd say for me it was a 3rd plat dose(just enough to induce hallucination but not go completely out of body).
>Sitting at my computer as usual
>Start to see a cross between a Christmas tree and a Christmas reef melt upwards out of my desk.
>This christmas tree thing had a mouth, with a giant grin on it. The reef part of it was at the base(Image a mini christmas tree inside of a reef with a giant shit eating grin)
>I realize I am obviously high as a fucking kite.
>Start to think about how this hallcuination is really a projection of my own mind.
>Get the idea that perhaps I can communicate with it
>I wonder if I am talking to my own subconscious mind or something else, but I assume the former.
>Try to think of a cool question to ask.
>In my fucked up state of mind, the coolest question I could think to ask was "Who's god?"
>This shit eatting grin faced christmas tree starts hysterically laughing at me.
>I knew it was laughing because I asked such an absurd question
>I proceed to join it in laughter realizing it was an absurd question
>Shit eating grin christmas reef tree melts back into the desk
>Left with this odd feeling that the reason it was laughing at me was also because I am my own god and don't even realize it.

Drugs can definitely seriously make you question your perception of reality.

DMT left me with this feeling more than anything. If anyones interested in my DMT story i'll post it, if not then fuck it.
>>
>>17854355
>>17854352
>>17854345
>>17854336
>>17854325
>>17854320
>>17854307
>>17854300
>>17854287

Holy fuck what is with the shills in this thread?

OT: Tulpamancy and Ganzfeld_effect
>inb4 hate for tulpamancy
I think it's shit but it's what OP asked for
>>
>>17854325
it's so sad that this is true, even sadder is the fact that most people do not see it coming, but maybe it was meant to be this way. the punishment for paving the earth with stone instead of seed is bondage. we could rely on the earth for all our needs and live in harmony with nature, and be free; but when we rely on steel and technology for shelter and sustenance we become slaves to our own societies.
>>
>>17853827
>So /x/, what are some ways you know of influencing your perception of reality?

Magic.
>>
>>17854374
>LSD, DMT or Mushrooms
Yep, be careful and do it in a safe place etc. But give up the idea of controlling this too much. with drugs you can go the range from seeing some pretty patterns to going into other dimensions and talking to aliens.

>>17854376
>Tulpamancy and Ganzfeld_effect
Tried the 1st, didnt get anything on the second. My tulpa disappeared and I was really upset.
>>
>>17853827
>one solid experience
More or less, yeah. Not always, but usually yes.
>early morning hallucinations
Yes, start there or with lucid dreams. Don't listen to anyone that says it's supposed to be hard. You're on the right path.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.