[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Age Red Flags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 32
File: hippie crystal magic.jpg (56 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
hippie crystal magic.jpg
56 KB, 500x336
What are some good signs that something you're reading or watching on the Paranormal is going to be loaded down with wishy-washy New Age bullshit? I'm trying to make a list of things to avoid. Things like:
>energy
>vibration
>quantum
>Atlantis
Keep in mind I'm not talking about talking about all supernatural terms (I am not entirely sure about "energy" just because of how pervasive it is), just the ones who have been filtered through New Age and come out sounding like bullshit appropriated to sound either mystical or scientific.
>>
File: pepe-tounge.png (161 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
pepe-tounge.png
161 KB, 399x388
>crystals
>>
>>17853416

>energy
>vibration
>quantum
>Atlantis

>>17853421

>crystals

*raises eyebrow*

Uh-huh.
>>
Anything that tries to connect human emotion to an invisible energy field.
>>
One of the first signs that someone could be unstable is that they think crystals have magical powers in the 21st fucking century
>>
>>17853437

*shakes head*

Oh, you guys. That is like trying to do physics without math. Alright, to each their own.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4034215/
>>
File: yoda feelin the groove.jpg (18 KB, 492x369) Image search: [Google]
yoda feelin the groove.jpg
18 KB, 492x369
>>17853431
I don't understand what your reaction is. Are you implying they're not absurd or misappropriated?

>>17853421
>>17853440
I can't believe I didn't include crystals in my list, in spite of posting a fucking image.

>>17853437
Are you implying something about Jedi?
>>17853457
What does this have to do with an energy field?
>>
File: Kek.png (749 KB, 950x608) Image search: [Google]
Kek.png
749 KB, 950x608
>>17853457
>>17853431
>This sense of superiority that you are somehow better than your fellow /x/ bros.
>>
>>17853440

Try studying their properties with science instead, and how they react with vibrations and light. That might get you further than writing it off completely with a generalization. After all, one of the first signs someone could be unstable is thinking crystals have no metaphysical properties at all. ;)
>>
File: wizard and crystal ball.jpg (25 KB, 317x398) Image search: [Google]
wizard and crystal ball.jpg
25 KB, 317x398
>>17853488
>they react with vibrations and light
Look what we have here.

Scientifically speaking, most things react to vibration and light in some way. You need to be more specific.

My only purpose in this thread is to come up with a list for identifying hacks and charlatans by their methods of speech. For instance, I make no judgment about Hindu belief in chakras, but generally if you have some white chick talking about using crystals to align her chakras, she's probably going to be full of shit.
>>
>>17853431
Ha. the rp is real.

Fuck outta here crystalfag.
>>
New Age is a label and labels have power over simple minded retards.

People have been using the terms you have listed for years.
>>
>>17853465
>I can't believe I didn't include crystals in my list
glad someone mentioned it then
>>
>>17853465

I'm implying that I disagree, yes.

>What does this have to do with an energy field?

The mental/emotional control of one like >>17853437 proposes as preposterous.

Also, life has a bio-electric energy field of photons.

http://www.livescience.com/7799-strange-humans-glow-visible-light.html (Kyoto University origin)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1297510/
http://engineering.dartmouth.edu/~d25559k/ENGG168_files/Papers/Bioelectrodynamics%20in%20living%20organisms.pdf

>>17853469

Different is not better, and they themselves already made the implication. I was merely disagreeing.

>>17853520

Check out some of my links unlike this guy: >>17853531
>>
>>17853541
>People have been using the terms you have listed for years.
Yeah. New Age people. How old do you think the movement is, exactly?

Again, I'm not talking about the terms just existing or being used. I'm talking about the misattribution of phrases and concepts to try and legitimize what is otherwise utter tripe.

And this isn't even me railing against occult beliefs, I'm actually fascinated with them, I'm reading a bunch of stuff now. But as I study it, I can usually find a jarring difference between people who speak about these things from a learned standpoint, who read the old texts and have practical experience, and people who just made something up or recycled the same nonsense they heard from someone else. And that difference comes across in their speech.

And it's not even just phraseology, it's also overall themes and depictions of things. An example, fairies. Folklore holds them to have very gray morality (or absolutely insane morality) and of a wide variety of shapes, though sometimes indistinguishable from humans. I've heard a lot of stories about them that could pass themselves off as horror stories, or campfire ghost stories.

Then you get to the nutters who talk about fairies as gentle, kind, loving nature spirits who want to keep in touch with humans (ignoring the lore where they find humans an entertaining curiosity and keep them like monkeys for their amusement) and live on higher/lower vibrations, and want to teach their higher magic, and can if you (how convenient) look with your imagination.
>But they're totally real, you guys.

I mean, I make no judgment on whether fairies are or aren't real, but I'm pretty sure people like that are pulling something out of their ass.
>>
The problem with these words is that they're unspecific. This is why fullofshitters use them.
>>
File: milk_coral_snakes.jpg (31 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
milk_coral_snakes.jpg
31 KB, 600x360
>>17853563
>Different is not better
And similar is not the same.
>>
Crystals do not have magic powers. Sorry to ruin your day, hippie.

But, they do have a resonant piezoelectric energy. This can affect our pia mater in the brain, depending on the frequency in the rock. Science has grown to distribute information regarding this, with research that ISN'T faked.
>>
>>17853416
what are new agers saying about atlantis? i've been obsessed with it ever since i was a wee lad. recently i've been having "dreams" that atlantis is actually a future event, not a myth. i was wondering if maybe these thoughts were influenced by subliminal new age messages or if i am truly crazy since i haven't talked about or read any new info about atlantis recently.
>>
>>17853709
Crystals do not have magic powers. Sorry to ruin your day,
>>
>>17853416
I think you're doing the same shit you dislike anon.

To throw these words aside as if they're just shill words is even more ridiculous.

I can definitely agree with the overuse of the word 'quantum' and even some of the others.

But the physical universe is a energetic vibration. Everything vibrates, everything contains energy. To not realize this is just as foolish.
>>
>>17853743
>>17853618
>>
>>17853736
>if i am truly crazy
Don't worry, dude. All dreams are crazy. It's part of why I don't trust dreams to hold any insight.

Recently I was starting to miss Halloween so I started watching Halloween-related things. Sure enough, I had a dream about going trick-or-treating, even though I'm well past the age where that's acceptable.

The thing about Atlantis is that a lot of New Age beliefs in it go far beyond anything Plato described. Much of his descriptions fit closer to the Minoans, besides the year, size, and location (though even those are subject to scrutiny).

A number of things I've been watching lately have mentioned Atlantis. I think I was watching something about Atlantis and they actually tried to link fairies to the Atlanteans.

While it is true that the Irish legends of the Fomorians describe them as living in or beyond the sea, the same isn't really true of the Tuatha de Danann, who are traditionally held to be the ancestors of the sidhe/fairies (if not the fairies themselves).

There's loads of other things too. Atlantean energies, traditions of magic dating back to Atlantis (funny, we don't hear much about their love for bulls in modern magical rituals), etc.
>>
>>17853739
And here we have the flouridated offspring, duuuudes!
>>
>>17853743
>I think you're doing the same shit you dislike anon.
Explain?

>To throw these words aside as if they're just shill words is even more ridiculous.
Did I say anything about throwing them aside? I said they were red flags. Signs that they may not be the best sources to go to for information.

>I can definitely agree with the overuse of the word 'quantum' and even some of the others.
Which others, and why?

>But the physical universe is a energetic vibration. Everything vibrates, everything contains energy. To not realize this is just as foolish.
The physical universe is a combination of energy (proper energy, like heat and kinetic energy) and matter. Of course everything vibrates, otherwise it's absolute zero, which I think is damn near unattainable. But again, I'm talking misappropriation. When people start talking about changing vibrations to attune to some shit, or the vibration of energies in the spirit realms or some shit, the signs really start to show that they may not be following any sort of long-standing tradition as they may claim.

They're trying to place legitimacy upon it using unfit paradigms. I'm not saying the thing itself is illegitimate, only that they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

This is not me doing what I dislike. I know words, I love words. I don't care for using words in situations for which they are not apt.
>>
>>17853809
Already did explain, you missed the point.
>>
>>17853627

Good thing for it, too! ;)
>>
>>17853814
This
>>17853769
Is not an explanation.
>>
>>17853709

I don't recall anyone saying the words "crystals" and "magic power" here except nay sayers. What i said was study their properties with science, and so you've ruined no ones day here. As it is above so it is below. Good day.
>>
>>17853416
anything that comes from spirit science

>emerald tablets
>atlantis
>lemuria
>complete misuse of scientific terms
>mother. fucking. crystals.

Also, anyone talking about Nibiru or the Annunaki, as these all come from a horrible mistranslation of the sumerian tablets. A guy named Sitchin "taught himself" sumerian cuneiform, and completely butchered a classic story, basically rewriting it into a sci-fi version with aliens instead of gods. When this comes into question, go with the oxford translations.
>>
File: youkeepusingthatword.jpg (34 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
youkeepusingthatword.jpg
34 KB, 640x352
>>17853829
OP here, butting into the conversastion - I'm perfectly fine with science. And, again, mystical tradition. It's only when these concepts are mangled that I shift in my seat uncomfortably because that's not what those words mean.
>>17853836
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>>17853736

I dunno, I don't consider myself new age, but I consider Atlantis or Mu an island document by ancient texts somewhere in the Atlantic region somewhere around 10,000 years ago. perhaps the Marianas trench, but perhaps closer to the impact site of the Chicxulub crater. i suspect they were not only advanced in tech, but savage through blood sacrifice. i also suspect they had red hair, and blue eyes. i think they ruled or greatly influenced the old world, and were giants from being intermingled with spirits. when their wicked indulgence went on for too long there society was destroyed from above, and their top priests escaped to various lands years ago. they influences the Mayan, Egyptian, and Druid cultures by landing off the African coast, South American coast, and French coast peninsula migrating to Scotland. i'm sure you've heard of the mound builders in the Americas. you probably also know of all the advanced stone edifices in these locations, too. the current prince of England also has Scottish blood in his veins as well does free masonry arise from that part. funny thing about freemasonry the Rothschild's arose around the same time. around the time our technology multiplied by a factor of over a 1,000,000. it is almost like bloodlines, and an order have a play in something here...makes me wonder. haven't even posted everything i ponder.
>>
for some reason "Japanese Atlantis" is greatly suppressed for being such a small find. Or is it...? Check out that floor layout...
>>
>>17853824
>I'm not talking about the terms just existing or being used. I'm talking about the misattribution of phrases and concepts to try and legitimize what is otherwise utter tripe
try reading the posts
>>
File: 615.gif (400 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
615.gif
400 KB, 300x214
>>17853894
>try reading the posts
>>
If they mention that they're ridding your body of "toxins", it's bullshit
>>
>>17853932
>To throw these words aside as if they're just shill words is even more ridiculous
>>17853618
>I'm not talking about the terms just existing or being used. I'm talking about the misattribution of phrases and concepts to try and legitimize what is otherwise utter tripe.
>>
File: treebeard.jpg (71 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
treebeard.jpg
71 KB, 800x600
>>17853937
>toxins
Oh boy, toxins. That reminds me of this. Anybody remember this? They clean your feet and claim they're absorbing toxins from the body.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL78yNLlLmo
Ancient Japanese secret, huh?

And fucking hell, that tree analogy. We are not trees. Also, THAT IS NOT HOW TREES WORK.

>>17853960
I really don't see what you're seeing.
>>
>>17853878
i don't really know what i believe about atlantis. the fairy stuff sounds like bull, but i can imagine a country like america decimating all or most of their natural land to build roads, homes, and corporate offices. it would look as if america were incredibly technologically advanced and compared to other countries, they would be. especially in the time span this would take to happen. we might actually have stuff like vr mmorpgs (we're like half way there already) and ray guns. by the time america implodes under it's own undoing, it would be indistinguishable from the story of atlantis.
>>
nice try lol

>>17853878
>>17853891
>>
>>17853878
> I consider Atlantis or Mu an island document by ancient texts somewhere in the Atlantic region somewhere around 10,000 years ago. perhaps the Marianas trench, but perhaps closer to the impact site of the Chicxulub crater.
Marianas trench is in the Pacific, not the Atlantic

Most of the rest of your post is a lot of supposition that isn't based in fact at all.
>>
>chemicals

>bad energy

>streams
>>
>>17854004

Excuse me, the mid-atlantic trench. also, the person was asking what people view not for what is known for sure. besides, most of my shit if from history. i just laid it out. only towards the end did i really jump around due to space limitations. i didn't even say everything.
>>
>>17854004
Not to mention, geography just doesn't really allow for sunken continents in either position.

Lemuria is a (discredited) hypothesis to explain lemur migration, isn't it? And Atlantis was only ever described by Plato as being "beyond the pillars of Herakles" which can refer to the Strait of Gibraltar, meaning it's out in the Atlantic. But that may have just been a means of placing it somewhere exotic and unknown.

We could probably have a whole discussion on Atlantis though. It may sound overdone, but I really do think there's a good link to the history of the Minoans.

>>17854009
>streams
What kind of streams?
>>
>>17854024
>most of my shit if from history
> i suspect they were not only advanced in tech, but savage through blood sacrifice. i also suspect they had red hair, and blue eyes. i think they ruled or greatly influenced the old world, and were giants from being intermingled with spirits. when their wicked indulgence went on for too long there society was destroyed from above, and their top priests escaped to various lands years ago.
What history books have you been reading?
>>
>>17854046
You're right about Lemuria. It was rendered obsolete after the discovery of plate tectonics.

The general consensus on Atlantis is that is was fictional, and only served the purpose of Plato's story with the moral of "power corrupts".
>>
>>17854046

who said it was sunken? also, was just answering the dude's questions, because my view in unorthodox.
>>
>>17854071
>who said it was sunken?
Uh... which one?

Most sources tend to agree upon that narrative. Plato himself (pretty much the original source, unless we can believe the story about Solon) described Atlantis as having sunk. The whole concept of Lemuria rests upon the fact that it sunk and is no longer afloat.

I was just drawing upon the common mythos.
>>
>>17854047

mound builders are historical. they are said to have had red hair, and were giants.

japan document the island of mu.

like the dude said above the greeks did too.

many similar edifices in different parts of the world.

ancient texts of migration in similar religions.

red heads are a genetic mutation with a high tolerance for pain and emotional outburst.

old testament mentions giants of man and spirit who were impulsive.

the Rothschild family exists. there have been connections they are in league with free masonry. counsel of 13, think tank, lesser families, etc. papers exist, and thus are historical. arose around 250 years ago. again, documented.

there is a lot of suppression in mainstream history for stuff we know, too.

if you are looking for facts everything i said is a fact. all i'm doing is presenting the facts in an unorthodox way. only towards the end did i really start talking about assumptions for sure before i just laid out actual history, both overlooked and niche included, in a pattern. dismiss all you want, but where is your explorer spirit? when enough patterns start emmerging i take notice. i only laid it out like that, because i noticed things over years. i didn't care before. i find it interesting, good day.

you can conjecture with history, you know. stuff is real, and i present a view. that is all.
>>
>>17854107
>red heads have a high pain tolerance and emotional outburst
what
>>
>>17854132
http://discovermagazine.com/2005/nov/secrets-of-redheads

also, never anger a red head. source: just trust me on that one.
>>
File: dude wart.jpg (54 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
dude wart.jpg
54 KB, 500x412
>>17854107
Which sources are you getting these from...?
>if you are looking for facts everything i said is a fact.
All we have to go on is your insistence of its truth.
>you can conjecture with history, you know.
But you can't call conjecture fact. That's not what facts are, and a view is not reality, it's a filter through we see reality.
>>
>>17854107
>japan document the island of mu.
citation needed
>greeks did too
citation needed
>many similar edifices in different parts of the world
circumstantial, people use this to claim ayyncient lmaos too
>ancient text of migration in similar religions
people migrate over time. I've yet to see any of them claim coming from some previous advanced civilization.

Not familiar with mound builders or who/what they supposedly were. As for the giants thing, I can see the possibility of some cousin species that could fit the description.

>the Rothschild family exists.
Yes, yes, I know all of that. Old men with money trying to control the world (and failing spectacularly, by the way). What do they have to do with any of this, though?
>there is a lot of suppression in mainstream history
It seems to me there is more disinformation that suppression. Any claim worth it's salt can be backed up with some kind of evidence.

Don't take my tone in an offensive way, but a lot of people claim a lot of bullshit, and I prefer not to take anything at face value without something to corroborate it. For example, I'm not finding much regarding Mu in regards to reliable documentation.
>>
>>17854147
Amazing
>>
>>17853416
past-life regression therapy
>>
The new age they are talking about is shit
>>
>>17854147
Why are most wiccan chicks redheads?
>>
>>17854333
Because witches are known seductresses.

(I thought most dyed their hair black though.)
>>
>>17853416
Basically anytime you see anything remotely sciency or historical then you need to get out. Anyone claiming to have "ancient tomes" or "long forgotten book of shadows" are lying. Most of what did exsist has been destroyed and only a very few of us have a great aunt who was a witch. Mine died before I was born so i dont have any of her knowledge. But from my understanding actual witches that practiced magic (they did the rituals that doesn't mean it worked.) rarely if ever wrote anything down so not to incriminate themselves.
>>
>third eye
>mythos
>anything about Lovecraft or Cthulhu
>black/white magic
>"That's not how it works" followed by a description of what is pretty much glorified hoping really really hard with accessories
>power or levels (as in, low level spells or apprentice wizard)
>>
>>17854417
>mythos
Hey now, as an anthropology geek that one's valid. I think.
>Lovecraft
I still don't understand how people take that stuff seriously. Any time I refer to it as real, it's tongue-in-cheek.
>black/white magic
I can see inasmuch as whether something does harm or good to someone, but yeah, most serious practitioners I've spoken with reject it as too fantasy-esque.
>"That's not how it works" followed by a description of what is pretty much glorified hoping really really hard with accessories
This one straddles the line for me between nitpicky (because I guess it is kind of what magic is) and spot-on (because I've asked people about evidence for magic working, and they give the equivalence of evidence for prayer, along with an insistence that magic isn't like Harry Potter or something. Which I already fucking gathered). I mean... I just want some sign that it's actually effective and you're not wasting your time, otherwise it feels like the equivalent of kids playing wizard.
>power or levels (as in, low level spells or apprentice wizard)
Haha, do people actually do this? I can understand guesses as to how knowledgeable they are, and how esteemed they are among others, but oh man. "I'm a level 8 mage, soon I can cast higher-level spells like conjuring the dead."
>>
File: Blinded Angel.jpg (28 KB, 386x400) Image search: [Google]
Blinded Angel.jpg
28 KB, 386x400
>>17853416
.....your getting turned off to facts due to the psuedo and cliche.

Everything can conduct energy, your looking at energy like its just metal and electricity but wood conducts fire effectively.

crystal due to atomic properties are very hollow and encasing and can conduct energy to the point where if enough work is done it can also radiate energy.

vibration is legitimate, its quantum physics before something is a solid its a vibrating wave. this ties in to feminine and masculine understanding,

but it seems here your disregarding contemporary accepted notions and the ones which have been with us before alchemy and science.

government sure did a good job at making you numb to reality to the point where you never recognized the truth and when you did focus your attention on it, it was either too subtle or not convincing enough,

the supernatural frowns upon the simple and close minded so thats why your not getting evidence of what is tangible , they see it as a marker for consciousness and whatever correlates with intelligence.
>>
>people talking about "energy bursts" or "detecting unknown types of energy"
absolutely ridiculous. if it's unknown, then how did you detect it?
>>
>>17854505
>vibration is legitimate, its quantum physics before something is a solid its a vibrating wave. this ties in to feminine and masculine understanding,
dude... what?
>>
>>17854150

look, if you are interested in what i said start digging. it's just a view. if you think what i said is stupid, great. i don't care beyond basic conversation here.
>>
>>17854505
>Everything can conduct energy
Wrong
>ibration is legitimate, its quantum physics before something is a solid its a vibrating wave
I assume you are trying to talk about String Theory which has yet to be proven enough for the physics community to feel comfortable using it as a model. Beyond that though you don't understand the properties of matter.
>ones which have been with us before alchemy and science.
You mean hokus pokus?

I am not the guy you are arguing with, but you need to get off spiritscience.com and take intro to chemistry/physics
>>
>>17854505
not OP, but responding anyways.

>crystal due to atomic properties are very hollow and encasing and can conduct energy to the point where if enough work is done it can also radiate energy.
Oh? tell me this, what KIND of energy? How can it be detected? Do you realize that crystal isn't an element? The only difference in it's atomic properties is how the atoms are structured in a uniform manner. They are no more or less "hollow" than anything else.

>vibration is legitimate, its quantum physics before something is a solid its a vibrating wave. this ties in to feminine and masculine understanding,
confirmed for not having the first clue about quantum physics. Also, this is what I mean in >>17853836 about "complete misuse of scientific terms". A "vibrating wave"? seriously? A wave does not vibrate. Something that vibrates can CREATE a wave, but the wave itself is not vibrating. How does ANY of that tie into "feminine and masculine understanding"?

>but it seems here your disregarding contemporary accepted notions and the ones which have been with us before alchemy and science.
first of, you're*. also, what you are talking about are not contemporary notions. Many things that were with us before science are obsolete BECAUSE of science. Alchemy has been replaced with chemistry.

And then you blame the government for people not being gullible fools, and requiring evidence to believe something? Maybe the education system isn't as broken as I thought, then.

And then you are going to call someone "close minded" for not accepting bullshit. You're such a fucking tool. Kill yourself, tripfag.
>>
File: inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
>>17854487
I have seriously read published books (Wiccan themed, of course) where the author claimed a title based on their level of ability, rather like Scientology uses. Neophyte if I am remembering correctly. That alone was enough to make me disregard the whole book as useless drivel.

And you perfectly summed up my feelings on prayer vs. magic. That's exactly why I mentioned it. I suppose it's when those people go on to insist on blind faith even in the face of zero results that I become skeptical.

As for mythos, don't get me wrong. I love mythology and learning about religions and such. It's more when people start throwing that specific word around or use it as an umbrella term. The mythos of crystals. The Russian mythos. Pic related.
>>
>>17854536
>everything i said is a fact
>it's just a view.
fucking pick one.

I just did "digging" regarding Mu, and all I got was some guy saying he translated it from Mayan, but not a single other person ever corroborating it. Didn't find any mention of it in greek or japanese documents.
>>
i have to thank the skeptics some, because they help keep me sharp in moderation. stuff absorbed over time can be reviewed, and honed. i may not want to sit here and fucking type out my life story and spend my whole day trying to appeal to some stranger on the net who doesn't give a fuck anyways, but when i do dabble in some of their questioning it helps refine my own view (when not hitting the sheer wall of some of theirs information flow cock blocking). so, to the true skeptics, thanks for the shine. for the trolls, forget about ya' (i bet you continuously say citation needed every time your gf moans like an autistic milhouse lol).

anyways, as much as i think most are assholes mad props to the few who actually call me out when it counts. keeps me on my toes. i don't just personally believe this shit for no reason. i mean, i have a reason, and it is not set in stone, too.
>>
File: Zosimosapparat.jpg (9 KB, 264x227) Image search: [Google]
Zosimosapparat.jpg
9 KB, 264x227
OP here.
>>17854505
Wow. You know, I tried to break down my problems with this post, but I ran out of space. Let me see what I can do in one.
>.....your getting turned off to facts due to the psuedo and cliche.
Okay? Sure? I mean, there are a lot of sources I can go to that don't spout pseudoscience and cliches and give me a perfectly serviceable understanding of the occult.
>Everything can conduct energy, your looking at energy like its just metal and electricity but wood conducts fire effectively.
Wood doesn't conduct fire. It BURNS.
>crystal due to atomic properties are very hollow and encasing and can conduct energy to the point where if enough work is done it can also radiate energy.
You mean quartz, right? It's not that great of a conductor either. You might have heard of it by another name: GLASS. A pretty decent insulator.
Oh boy. I could go on a whole rant about this. Listen. I like Star Trek, I like Harry Potter, I don't need a fanfic where the Enterprise crew end up at Hogwarts. Don't feel the need to justify magic with science. They are what they are.
>but it seems here your disregarding contemporary accepted notions and the ones which have been with us before alchemy and science.
First off, there are a lot of "contemporary accepted notions" that are bunk. Just because it's new or people agree doesn't make it true. Secondly, alchemy is pretty damn old. And science doesn't really accept it (they prefer chemistry, its non-mystical offshoot). Not only do I actually really love alchemy, the things I'm talking about do not EVEN come from before alchemy.

The rest of what you wrote is just gross mischaracterization of what exactly I think or believe. I love these subjects, I just want to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.
>>
>>17853416
>energy
>vibration
>quantum

Literally physics.

>Atlantis

Do you even Plato?

Weak b8 m8.
>>
>>17853421
>crystals

What's your problem with minerals?
You guys have serious problems.
>>
>>17853416
OP, theres no way to know. The occult is literally the study of the hidden. If you want to find 'the hidden' (Assuming there is anything beyond what physics is already working on cataloging) you are going to have to consistently wade through the bullshit.
>>
>>17854566
Wow. Was it Neophyte? Because those are the noobs.

I'm not familiar with "crystal mythos," but I'm sure there is Russian folklore that could be called a mythos. Sort of.

But yeah... while I am fascinated by magic, I try to look at it as an academic. I try to avoid actually asking for proof because I prefer to study the practices themselves, but sometimes it's just too tempting. They get so worked up about it.
>>17854620
Sigh.
>literally physics
No shit, but that's not how they're used when discussing the paranormal.
>Do you even Plato?
I do, and that's why I take issue with 99% of the shit people say about it. It's like you didn't even read the thread.

>>17854599
You're welcome? I always try and maintain a balance of open-minded skepticism. I really do love this subject, and my endgoal for all of this is basically to have a contingency kit of protection against curses, demons, vampires, werewolves, fairies, and the like, just in case. But I think it's a part of that aspect of taking it seriously that I find it important to differentiate what is genuine from what is horseshit.

Plus, as you said, it's always good to review one's views. Everything with a grain of salt, as they say. I learned from an early age to ask questions about everything, and it continues on to questioning the legitimacy of the answers I get.

And I can actually probably blame Plato for a lot of that too. Socrates and his incessant questions.
>>17854640
How convenient for you to dodge the question, then.
>>
>>17854658
Im not dodging any question. If you don't read any article with "crystal" in it for example... and there is what ends up being a legitimate article about some crazy crystal shit, then you will have skipped that based on a rule you developed. The Occult literally translates to "knowledge of the hidden" you cant just ctrl + f your way through it. You are going to have to read a ton of bs. There is no way around it.
>>
>>17854579

i said i used facts to paint a view. jeezus, do you read or just like to fight? lol

if you contribute, awesome. don't attack where it is not needed. pointless. can you not comprehend arranging stuff that IS there to form a visual? if you are one of those people who get off on frustrating others your satisfaction is only within your own mind because when you get off on the idea of making someone emotional in a moment know that it passes in just that. you are not smart. you are petty. there is a difference. i bet you are an xSTJ...

"these are the things i've read" "this is a pattern i've noticed" me saying my view is a view is being humble, jackass.
>>
File: 1459666942359.jpg (55 KB, 640x1433) Image search: [Google]
1459666942359.jpg
55 KB, 640x1433
You know, the X-Files actually had an example of a New Age character used well. Melissa Scully, Agent Scully's sister, only appeared in a few episode, but she played well off Mulder. At one point, he criticizes her crystal powah "harmonic convergence" BS, and she throws his own cynicism and paranoia back at him and counters that "just because it's positive and good doesn't make it silly or trite". They both made good points.
>>
>>17854676
>if you contribute, awesome. don't attack where it is not needed. pointless.
asking for verification of your claimed facts is not attacking. You made factual claims regarding the mentioning of Mu by the greeks and japanese. I could not find anything to confirm that, so I'm asking you where that came from. Is that so hard?
>>
File: buddha.jpg (37 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
37 KB, 450x600
>>17854693
It was a shame what happened to her, I really liked her.
>>17854674
It's not that I "don't read any article with 'crystal' in it," it's just that I'm a bit more wary of what they have to say.
>>17854695
What I know of Mu in Japan, I know from a Zen koan:
>Has a dog Buddha-nature or not?
>Mu!
It's a pun. Unrelated to Lemuria though.
>>
>>17854695

you can use facts to paint a view is my only point here in this moment, and not your question for source. there is a thing called context, is all.

yes, i have to acknowledge that you did make an effort. it would be unfair of me if I didn't.

I used Mu as a loose example when referring to Atlantis. I first read about it ten years ago when studying history. It was literally in my fucking history class, because, my professor was quirky and would include all sorts of references. I did not write up a paper here, but shared some loose views on the internet. i read the same thing you did when i brushed up tonight, but it was only loosely held in my head as an Asian source of reference for possibly Atlantis. It wasn't my main point, and it is one of the few things brought into question that made me scratch my own head some. it is worth considering some more in recent light, but i don't have the material where it was also listed in a Japanese scroll and when it was mentioned in class they didn't mention pacific. this particular topic although not my main point, would be advised for further study in hindsight before I would include it again. it is one of the things i noticed in my "skeptic post" thanking them to cause me to research a little. it was one of the few i just tossed out because it correlated but it wasn't the strongest. your tone is different, and that is what i discovered, too. i put it on a loose hold, and retract it from my hypothesis for now. something to consider, but not quote.
>>
>>17854721
>someone on /x/ who isn't a stubborn mule
Good on you, then. I wish you well on your continued search of knowledge. Excuse me for thinking you might have been yet another person pushing bullshit. Respect +
>>
>>17854713
>It was a shame what happened to her, I really liked her.

Yeah, I wish she had been around longer too.
>>
File: adamic2.jpg (20 KB, 214x280) Image search: [Google]
adamic2.jpg
20 KB, 214x280
>>17854533
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypX3Qt1nhjc

This video will explain what im talking about.
>>
>>17854554
Not string theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9tKncAdlHQ

Watch and research.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453587897094.jpg (52 KB, 480x587) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453587897094.jpg
52 KB, 480x587
>>17854554
Science derived from alchemy which derived from mystery religions, you know pyramids and sky wars in india .
>>
>>17854753
>And that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.
>>
>>17853488
> Try science
> Metaphysical
Idiot detected
>>
>>17854565
>>17854565

Mass in 99.?% space, im not arguing that it was an element. all energy can not be detected but we know its there hence dark energy dark matter.

Properties of atomic and quantum structure govern properties like conductivity of certain energies.

the feminine is the wave the masculine is the photon, the wave is not observable the photon is. you have to study duality and quantum physics to have an understanding of this fact its honestly alot to get in to but im sure youll get around to educating yourself.

Also everything vibrates.

You seem angry though. the best bet is to research claims by simply copying and pasting in to google, you would have gotten literally millions of results on what im talking about.

ignore the disinfo people I pointed you in the right direction.
>>
>>17854753
Just kill yourself already, you tryhard tripfag.

>vibrating wave

Is enough to tell that you don't know jack shit about what you talk about.
>>
>>17854565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

If your in highschool now is the time to be learning this.
>>
>>17854760
>>17854760

Before I engage with you, state clearly.

Do you believe wave's and matter do or do not vibrate?
>>
File: Quantum Crystals.jpg (58 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
Quantum Crystals.jpg
58 KB, 259x259
>>17854770
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLGCeeA1UI

This is now a quantum physics thread.
>>
>>17854759
You're really telling someone else to get educated when you don't even understand the words you are using, or the first thing about physics, quantum or otherwise.

>all energy can not be detected but we know its there hence dark energy dark matter.
We know those are there because we can still detect and observe their effects. Don't try to red herring this. I'll ask again, what kind of energy can a crystal radiate?

>Also everything vibrates
Waves don't. Waves are a product of vibration. Such a simple thing you got so wrong, and you expect anyone to believe you know jack about quantum physics, or that you are educated anywhere beyond highschool dropout?
>>17854765
Same guy, I learned about and understood that years ago. YOU obviously don't, though.
>>17854770
>Do you believe wave's and matter do or do not vibrate?
Matter does, waves do not. I covered this above.
>>
>>17854760
Whoa now, let's not get out of hand here. Though yeah, I don't think waves vibrate, do they? They oscillate, or something. Matter vibrates, and waves are not matter. Hell, they're not even really energy, either, they're patterns to show movement. Often of vibration, like sound waves, and I guess technically ocean waves. Not sure if light counts though... I still don't really understand how the hell photons work.
>>17854759
>the feminine is the wave the masculine is the photon
Is it? I would have said that the wave is both masculine and feminine - the crest the masculine, the trough the feminine. And it goes back and forth, sort of a yin/yang thing.

But I do get the feeling that you don't really know science all that well. It reminds me of watching Ancient Aliens, where they see an architectural structure, or a hieroglyph, but having done no study of archaeology or Egyptology, they don't understand what they're seeing, and so make it up by the context of their own modern understanding.

>Well, this eggplant-looking thing must certainly be a light bulb.
>Intelligent humans thousands of years ago? I don't think so. Someone else must have taught them.
>Gods don't exist, that's ridiculous. They were ALIENS.

>>17854781
>You're really telling someone else to get educated when you don't even understand the words you are using, or the first thing about physics, quantum or otherwise.
This is exactly the point I was trying to make with this thread, about how certain groups try to take phrases and concepts and utilize them to add weight to their field of study, without actually understanding where they got them from, which leaves one wondering if they even know the subject they're originally supposed to be talking about.

It's like if I was trying to sell you a shirt, but I kept talking about how it was made of a polyhedral blend. It sounds like it makes sense, until you actually look up what a polyhedron is. And then it throws my knowledge of shirts into question.
>>
>>17854789
>Though yeah, I don't think waves vibrate, do they? They oscillate, or something. Matter vibrates, and waves are not matter. Hell, they're not even really energy, either, they're patterns to show movement. Often of vibration, like sound waves, and I guess technically ocean waves. Not sure if light counts though... I still don't really understand how the hell photons work.
Yes, correct. You've already shown you are more educated on the subject than the tripfag claims to be with this alone. Photons behave as waves AND matter, and he thinks this applies to all subatomic particles as well as particles, hence why I said he completely misunderstood the double slit experiment.

The rest of your post is nail on the head, too.

He doesn't understand that if WAVES vibrate like he says, that vibration would cause more waves, which would vibrate and cause MORE waves, so on and so forth until everything is coming apart at the seams because everything is vibrating too much to stay together.
>>
>>17854781
the pot calls the kettle black, you know what I meant when I said waves vibrate.

If everything vibrates waves vibrate. Its that simple. Waves are simply an extension of that vibration. the molecules in your table vibrate even though its solid it just doesent vibrate much this is tenth grade science but thanks for the patronizing attitude and argument switch up once I provided proof.

If you have to ask me proof of what then just stop replying.
>>
>>17854789
>>17854789

thats just the direction or the frequency of the wave that causes its fluctuation its still a feminine aspect as correlated with teaching in the kaballah.

Dont let the people getting all angsty who are switching up their arguments sway you.

>>17854781
...I know what I was talking about because I provided sources, hes claiming waves are stagnant and dont vibrate even though they are in motion....../sigh
>>
>>17854843
>>17854843
I mean Einstein even said everything vibrates but please continue on your tirade on how my well studied claims are incorrect.
>>
>>17854837
Jesus Christ bro, how many times does he have to explain why that is wrong.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447817194548.jpg (9 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447817194548.jpg
9 KB, 199x253
>>17854843
>>17854843
I mean Einstein even said everything vibrates but please continue on your tirade on how my well studied claims are incorrect.

A very interesting book about the nature of substances such as quartz, magnetite, etc. and the paramagnetic and diamagnetic properties is "Paramagnetism: Rediscovering Nature's Secret Force of Growth" by Phillip S. Callahan. Callahan lays out a lifetime of research into low-frequency forces in nature and his discoveries regarding the force of paramagnetism and the amazing effects it has upon soils, plants and people.
>>
>>17854843
>>17854846
>I mean Einstein even said everything vibrates but please continue on your tirade on how my well studied claims are incorrect.
>well studied claims
>thats just the direction or the frequency of the wave that causes its fluctuation
>its still a feminine aspect as correlated with teaching in the kaballah.
>implying the Kabbalah talks about energy and matter in a modern scientific sense
Wow. You're really deep in denial, aren't you?
>>
>>17854853
>>17854853
Einstein is wrong then, im literally quoting einstein.

"There is one crucially important difference between waves bumping over the sea and the sound waves that reach our ears. Sea waves travel as up-and-down vibrations: the water moves up and down (without really moving anywhere) as the energy in the wave travels forward. Waves like this are called transverse waves. That just means the water vibrates at right angles to the direction in which the wave travels. Sound waves work in a completely different way. As a sound wave moves forward, it makes the air bunch together in some places and spread out in others. This creates an alternating pattern of squashed-together areas (known as compressions) and stretched-out areas (known as a rarefactions). In other words, sound pushes and pulls the air back and forth where water shakes it up and down. Water waves shake energy over the surface of the sea, while sound waves thump energy through the body of the air. Sound waves are compression waves. They're also called longitudinal waves because the air vibrates along the same direction as the wave travels."

Please tell me how scientist are wrong Please do not reply if your reading comprehension caused you to focus on ocean waves and not the obviously stated vibrating sound waves.
>>
>>17854837
>you know what I meant when I said waves vibrate.
Am I not to assume that what a person means is determined by the words they use? You obviously don't know basic definitions. Let me help you.
>Wave. an oscillation accompanied by a transfer of energy that travels through medium (space or mass).
>vibration. the oscillating, reciprocating, or other periodic motion of a rigid or elastic body or medium forced from a position or state of equilibrium. the analogous motion of the particles of a mass of air or the like, whose state of equilibrium has been disturbed, as in transmitting sound.
Let me emphasize
>motion of a rigid or elastic body or medium forced from a position or state of equilibrium.
A wave is not a rigid or elastic body.

>If everything vibrates waves vibrate. Its that simple
But that's wrong you fucking tard. A wave can be a product of vibration, but the wave itself does not vibrate.
> the molecules in your table vibrate even though its solid it just doesent vibrate much this is tenth grade science
holy shit, you actually got something right. congratulations! EVERYONE fucking knows that. Any matter that is not at absolute 0 vibrates, but waves are not matter.

Let me try to put it as simply as possible so you can understand. Matter can vibrate. Vibration can cause waves.

Waves are an effect, and this isn't even getting into the different TYPES of waves. Learn the gods damned meaning of the words you use before you start trying to string them together.
>>
>>17854864
>>17854864
....your trolling.

10/10 you got me.
>>
>>17854868
>Sea waves travel as up-and-down vibrations: the water moves up and down
You really are fucking retarded, you just don't understand what he is saying.

The WATER is vibrating, and the waves are the effect. Fucking hell, dude.

Yes, everyTHING does vibrate. Waves are not a thing, they are a description of movement of a thing, whether it be water, or air (sound waves), or an energy (like electromagnetic, for example radio waves)

The scientist isn't wrong, you are wrong in your understanding of what they said.
>>
>>17854872
My trolling?

So anyone who disagrees with you is a troll, then? A troll or ignorant?

Because it can't ever be possible that you might be wrong, huh?

Oh, no, though, you're citing EINSTEIN. Therefore it must be EINSTEIN who is wrong. Rather than, let's say, your interpretation of Einstein. Who didn't even like quantum physics.

That's the trouble with an argument from authority, I guess.
>>
>>17854868
>Sound waves are compression waves. They're also called longitudinal waves because the air vibrates along the same direction as the wave travels."
dude, the other anon and einstein are saying the same thing. he right there says the air vibrates, not the waves.
>>
>>17854870
>>17854870

The top wave represents a typical sound wave vibrating at a certain amplitude (its height) and frequency (how many peaks and troughs there are in a certain amount of time

this is not up for debate.
>>
>>17854888
>this is not up for debate.
Nobody's arguing the fucking anatomy of a wave. They're arguing your understanding of them.

Fucking hell dude, just drop it, this has nothing to do with anything but schizophrenia.
>>
>>17854887
the air vibrates and the waves vibrate they are seperate yet both vibrating.... again this is fact, its not up for debate.

Yes waves are a result due to disturbance but the waves themselves vibrate at certain fluctuations/frequencies.

sounds waves for 5000 please.

fact is not debateable.
>>
>>17854901
Dem facts though doe.
>>
>>17854888
>The top wave represents a typical sound wave vibrating at a certain amplitude
The sound wave isn't fucking vibrating, the AIR vibrates causing the waves. the sound wave is a descriptor for the movement of the air.
>this is not up for debate.
No it isn't you uneducated high school drop out, so why are you still arguing your wrong point? The very quote you posted from einstein doesn't even agree with you.
>>
>>17854897
>not up for debate
>note debateable
Saying that over and over doesn't make you right. You're fucking wrong dude, just accept it and learn something from it.
>>
>>17854908
>I post facts all three posters btfo
>other poster claims its just air vibrating not the sound wave (oscillation)
>posters are starting to slightly contradict each others statements.

unlike you guys I have a couple tabs open for my arguments and ive been showing proof all you guys are doing is saying no in dynamic ways so on that note GD but I gotta go.

Namaste~

in b4 citations,scientist,pictures and video proof are wrong.

Cognitive Dissonance.

face is not debatable.
>>
>>17854911
>>17854908

Dont know who the tripfag is but it looks like you guys are ass pained from getting BTFO so hard.
>>
>>17854917

>sucking tripfag dick
>>
>>17854914
All the evidence you've posted doesn't support what you are saying. NOTHING you've posted says that a wave itself vibrates.

ok, let's try an analogy.

I say
>Matter vibrates, causing a wave.
example
>The machine(matter) vibrates, causing a sound(wave).

YOU say
>waves vibrate
example
>sound vibrates, causing a sound

Which one makes sense?
>>
>>17854932
>tripfag literally saying "sound causes sound guiz"
KEK
>>
>>17854932
I want to give you an example of how light can created. This has been helpful for my students when it comes to visualizing light as a wave. This is not the only way that light can be created, but it's a way that is a little easier to visualize and may help you understand why it can be seen as a wave.

Imagine an electric charge. This charge creates an electric field around itself, which is what allows it to put a force on other charges.

If we move that charge, the electric field associated with it will also move. However, and this is really key: the electric field does not adjust instantaneously. It takes time for the field to "catch up" with the new position of the charge. There's a great simulation of that at this link. It's a little exaggerated, but it'll show you the basic idea. You can see that wiggling the charge creates a disturbance in the electric field that looks very wave-like.

There is also a magnetic part to this, which is more complex and is not shown on that animation.

Moving charges are how we create radio waves, which are a form of light. (They're not the visible light that you were referring to, but there are a lot of different kinds of light.) Radio waves are made by moving electrical currents up and down the broadcast tower via a circuit that's designed to do so.

It took a while for people to realize that radio waves, visible light, x-rays, and many other things are all really different forms of light. Once we realized that, it was clear that we could represent visible light with a wave - an electromagnetic wave, with a wavelength, frequency, amplitude, speed, and all the things that waves normally have. The wave is not "light vibrating," the light itself is vibrations in the electric (and magnetic) field.

>>
>>17854967
http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/30402/why-do-we-think-of-light-as-a-wave

http://www.pha.jhu.edu/~wpb/spectroscopy/basics.html

Light is a wave and it vibrates

http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/53957/frequency-of-light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCZ155wj74U

Im not here to fight with you guys but to help enlighten you, welcome to the new world order. Everything is energy , it all vibrates now manipulate it and control it as you can and will.

Namaste.
>>
>>17854990
everything you posted still agrees with what others have saying. None of those say that a WAVE vibrates

>Light is a wave and it vibrates
the LIGHT vibrates, fucking hell.
>>
>>17854990
>an electromagnetic wave, with a wavelength, frequency, amplitude, speed, and all the things that waves normally have.
Yes, but the wave isn't vibrating.
>The wave is not "light vibrating"
SEE?
>the light itself is vibrations in the electric (and magnetic) field.

At best, you are being stupidly redundant by saying that waves vibrate. You keep quoting people smarter than yourself, not understanding that what they are saying doesn't support what YOU say, while rejecting what I say which is basically a simplified version of the very things you cite. And you STILL don't understand it.

Just kill yourself, already. You are too stupid to live.
>>
WTF is happening here? holy shit

wave and vibration are both different descriptors involving the oscillation of something else. waves don't vibrate, and vibrations don't wave. that's like saying an adjective can verb. a 3 can't run. a yellow can't swim. fucking hell m8s
>>
>>17855001
>>17855001
Exactly, the light vibrates. the light is a wave. therefore the wave vibrates.

/thread
>>
>>17855026
a wave describes oscillation, and vibrations cause oscillations.

do vibrations wave?
>>
>>17855001
>>17855001
The light is a wave

the light vibrates

does a wave vibrate?

the light wave vibrates

the wave vibrates.

they are saying no and taking arguments im using out of context I am saying scientific fact.
>>
>>17855017
what it meant is that the wave is not just light vibrating but also a photon.
>>
>>17855030
>>17855030
oscillation is used to describe characteristics of a wave, the repeating motion of the wave. does a characteristic of a wave vibrate? your playing games at this point.
>>
>>17855026
And now we get to the crux of the thing; you misunderstanding of quantum physics. You do realize that what happens at the quantum scale (like with photons) doesn't apply to the macro scale. Hence the disconnect between applied and quantum physics. If you solve this and have it apply to everything at all scales, you've succeeded in creating a grand unified theory of everything, and would have a nobel prize.

Now you see why people argue about quantum physics. Because subatomic particles, like photons, do weird shit like that, but on our workable scale, it's not the same.

Go back to sound waves. A sound wave doesn't vibrate; the air vibrates which causes the sound wave. Now go back and read every fucking thing you just posted and try again.
>>
>>17855041
>light vibrating but also a photon.
light is made of photons, dumbass.
>>
>>17855036
>>17855041
>>17855044

No one cares you autistic trip scum
>>
>>17855049
and the photons are also a wave when not observed. whats your point? does the sun not vibrate certain frequencies? how can the offspring of a vibrations not also be a vibration?
>>
>>17855036
>>17854967
>The wave is not "light vibrating," the light itself is vibrations in the electric (and magnetic) field.
so to rephrase, light is vibrations in the electric and magnetic field, which creates a wave. A VIBRATION. CREATES. THE WAVE.
>>17855045
No, dude, he can't even get regular physics, don't start bringing up that. Way over his head, apparently.
>>
>>17855053
>does the sun not vibrate certain frequencies
The sun vibrates, creating an electromagnetic wave that has a frequency. you just don't get it.
>>
>>17855036
>The wave is not "light vibrating"
>the light is a wave
so therefore, the wave is not wave vibrating.
>>
>>17855026
>/thread
That isn't even what my thread is about, you stupid asshole.
>>
>>17855061

the light vibrating does not cause the wave, the light is the vibrations, therefore if the light is vibration guess what comes next?

just keep in mind also this is where it gets quantum because when not obbserved the photon is a wave.

1. the light is vibration

2. vibration causes a wave

3. when not observed the photon is a wave, but the wave is not vibrating light its a result of the light vibrating(but its both a photon wave)

4.therefore the wave observed before a photon is the results of vibrating light but it does not say in what form so you can only conclude that a lightwave resulted in light photon, light photon which vibrate resulted in....photon/wave

5.the wave comes before a photon because its only a photon when observed

This is some type of quantum loophole paradox.....
>>
>>17855075
>>17855075
the wave doesent vibrate till its a photon
but the wave creates the photon since it comes before the photon
a wave is the result of a vibration

Wave>photon>vibration>wave

ok so this is where its quantum, the wave collapses back in to a vibration is the only answer but its a paradox because its vibrating at the same time and not depending on the state.

schrodingers cat.
>>
>>17855117
therefore there is another dimension where this action is taking place where we can not observe this loophole.

I think I deserve a nobel prize and this archive will be proof of my discovery.

multiculturalism wins again.

science!!!
>>
>Chakra
>Crystals
>Enerygy
>Meditation
>Third Eye
>Anything Kaballah (Except the names sound kinda cool)
>Vibrations
>Taking drugs to meet spirits
>>
>>17853488
>try studying their properties with science instead

But
Its so gay
>>
>>17853541
>People have been using the terms you have listed for years

Oh
Alright
>>
>>17855138
Get off X and stay off
>>
>>17853416
Go back to science class you piece of shit
>>
>>17855145
Ayy fuck off m8 get your religious new age shit out of my spooks make /x/ great again
>>
>>17853416
i mean you have a good plan to skip stuff
but like just to show how complicated the universe and conspiratory matrix is
the universe (and dna) is made of quantum time traveling atlantians and their vibrating energy (and star cells)... you know it as the human frequency (7000hz and 70000hz)
sooooooo
i would ad "greys", mandela effect, ARGs, religion, crystals, illuminati (actually the good guys from germany), haunted places, ghosts, deep web, magic, nlp, satan, lucifer, angels, symbolism, dreams, rituals, archons, and the most annoying thing of all: this video with buzzing sound and edgy teenage shit
>>
>>17855160
100% skip the "orion council/omega council", majestic 12, and people who claim they talked to greys
none of the stories are coherant with each others stories nor human history
>>
>>17855160
>haunted places
>ARGs
>rituals
> symbolism
>greys
>satan

You need to fucking kill yourself right now you just mentioned everything that makes /x/ so cool get the fuck out
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 215x121) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 215x121
>>17855160
>>
File: 1466048021544.jpg (33 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1466048021544.jpg
33 KB, 500x281
>>17854990
>attempting to prove that crystals are cool
>>
>>17855165
>>17855165
What are ARG's exactly?
>>
this thread is dildos
>>
>>17855183
alternate reality games
>>
>>17855117
>>17855118
No, just... no. Let me try.

The wave, as you reference in the pic here >>17854888 is a graphical representation of the photon's movement. The X axis is time/space (with light and without gravitational interference, this is a constant and can be represented with one line). The Y axis is the vibration of the photon back and forth.

The WAVE is the overall picture, a representation of the photon's vibration as it moves through space over time. The vibration is part of the equation you need to graph the wave. If the photon did not vibrate, it would not be a wave, but a straight line. So yes, the vibration DOES create the wave.

You have it backwards. If you can't accept that, then there is no hope for you.

The photon vibrates, back and forth.
>>
>>17855183
>Google

They're Alternate Reality Games,
In a good one someone basically creates a giant labyrinth of cryptic riddles (with spooks hopefully), fake websites, fake news reports and videos to tell a story while trying to look as realistic as possible, Some good ARGs include The Black Watchmen, Marble Hornets, HOOH, hekatestation.com ect
>>
>>17855183
Its like roleplaying only less gay
>>
File: 56564.jpg (19 KB, 263x327) Image search: [Google]
56564.jpg
19 KB, 263x327
>>17855208
>only less gay
>>
>>17855203
>>>
the wave creates the photon

the photon creates the wave

photon is a wave paradoxically

therefore waves vibrate
>>
>>17855213
What exactly is gay about solving cryptic riddles and progressing a spooky storyline that blurs the line between reality and fiction?

I mean I remember one ARG in particular (The Black Watchmen) where some guy had to fly to Canada and walk from one end of Ontario to the other and meet with payed actors who gave him puzzle pieces while hundreds of people helped him online, If that's not the coolest shit I don't know what is.
>>
>>17855218
let me try again.

The vibration is the movement on the Y axis only. The wave is the total movement graphed on X AND Y axis.

so yes, the photon creates the wave, with a combination of it's movement on both X and Y axis.

Vibration = X
Wave = XY
X =/= XY
>>
>>17855203
Doesn't matter crystals are gay, also the second it can be explained by science is the second it stops being paranormal so it doesn't belong on this board. Go to /sci/ and let them make fun of you instead
>>
>>17855223
fuck, mixed up

Vibration = Y
Wave = XY
Y =/= XY

>said the same thing, just switched the Axis
>>
>>17855221
yeah I was joking sort of. some are okay. anything AS though gets under my skin.
>>
>>17855230
unless X=0, but you would need the photon to stay in place and vibrate for that to be the case

not disagreeing with you, just saying.
>>
>vibration is a type of movement
>wave is a type of movement
>>waves vibrate

>walk is a type of movement
>run is a type of movement
So do walks run?
>>
>>17855232
Nah m8 I understand.
I fucking hate the half baked attempts to start ARGs on this board, like someone will post a picture that is obviously a spectograph or something with a binary code or a hex code or something else that has been done to death without context.
>>
>>17855236
No, but apparently a run walks.
>>
>>17853457
>*shakes head*
go back to deviantart you fucking faggot
>>
>>17853416
Anything which is presented with no awareness of psychology which is itself only partially scientific so doesn't require further mystifying.
>>
>>17855236
waves always have frequency, of course they vibrate.
>>
>>17855267
frequency is how often it vibrates over time. You confusing cause and effect and mingling descriptors of different parts of the wave together.

The frequency is the distance on the X axis between the peaks of the wave, or alternatively, the number of peaks per section of the X axis.

The wave is all of those shown on a graph.

Fuck it, I'm done. I tried. Take some actual physics and math courses.
>>
File: 1466672575782s.jpg (4 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
1466672575782s.jpg
4 KB, 125x121
>>17855236
>17855236
>>17855236

Quantum physics is full of paradoxes and things that contemporary science label as impossible only because contemporary science is ignorant.
>>
>>17853416
Well energy/ vibration sound really cliche but they can be sensed.
>>
>>17854752
>>17854746
Youtube is not a source. I don't know why you insist on posting this junk and acting like you're some sage guru who's above it all. You still haven't explained what on earth you're talking about or how it makes sense. You still haven't cited real, peer-reviewed, unbiased sources. And you still have no idea what words like 'quantum' and 'crystal' and 'vibration' mean.
>>
>>17854626
Jesus Marie!
>>
>>17855661
I understood him clearly.

The only people I noticed who have a problem with his claim on waves being able to vibrate are aggressive users who keep trying to bring dead and settled topics to life.

Maybe you should just relax, even if he was wrong you would just want him to be just so you can be right not because you wanted to expand horizons.

good luck on your future interactions friend.
>>
>>17855399
>le quantum physics meme
The word quantum does not mean magic. Adding a quantum to your sentence does not prove anything. Neither does claiming that 'mainstream science' won't accept some things. Get this through your tinfoil-covered head: Quantum physics IS mainstream science. It IS contemporary science. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
>>
File: 1448332828428.jpg (46 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448332828428.jpg
46 KB, 640x640
>>17855675
>>17855675

Contemporary is not absolute and just because a demographic like lets say humans on earth accept a notion, it does not mean so on a small scale like a universal scale for example. simply means a bunch of simple apes who figured very few out are at this stage of understanding.

How bold of you to preach your stealth dogma. all he did was show correlation and claimed possible causation.

but then again a couple hundred years ago people were getting burned alive because the earth was not the center of the universe, same shit different age.
>>
>>17855399
>only because contemporary science is ignorant
oh boy, the irony.

Just shut up about things you dont know shit about. Quantum mechanics is not some kind of voodoo witchcraft
>>
>>17855929
Except it is.
>>
>>17855675
Except that literal scientists and historians of science say that quantum is magic. Literally, they say this.
>>
>>17853416
Newage dipshits don't care what they're saying, and they CERTAINLY don't care how much like faggots they sound. By creating a "banned words" list, you'll just get them to adopt new terms that don't trigger your ability to recognize their shit.

What you should instead be training yourself to do is to understand shill tactics, the nature of word salad, and how to recognize authors with a clear and lucid way of explaining things.
>>
>>17854554

Fucking this.
>>
>>17855946
very convincing.

just because it doesnt respect your magic bullshit doesnt make it ignorant
>>
>>17855979

But your wrong
>>
>>17855956
>>17855956

Its usually the people that are are not in the inner circles of a certain culture who tend to speak from a point of ignorance, not the whole culture.
>>
>channel
>chakra
>kundalini
>altered spellings (khaos, magyck, etc.)
>witchy
>post-modern
>
The list goes on
>>
>>17855160
Maybe going too far. Might as well not study the paranormal at all.
>>17855118
>dimension
Thanks guv, adding it to the list.

You are far too self-congratulatory to take seriously. You'd be laughed out of the Nobel Prize Committee.

>>17855956
Did I call them "banned words"? I'm really thinking I should have worded my post better.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of a drinking game, or "Signs you may be looking at bullshit." I mean, no shit, learn how to recognize the nutjobs and con artists from those who actually know. But I think a lot of the hacks share similar phraseology, which was my intention for this list.
>>17856047
>altered spellings
I'm very wary about this, yes, though I at least allow for people who spell "magic" with a K. I don't like it, and don't personally use it (you can tell from context, dammit), but sometimes they still have good things in spite of their paranoia about mixed messages. But I know what you mean with this. And the terms before it.
>witchy
>post-modern
Okay, now I don't know what you mean.
>>
File: aliens guy.jpg (6 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
aliens guy.jpg
6 KB, 270x270
>>17855160
>>17857812
Actually... the thing about ARGs... okay, I kind of do see the point. A bit like creepypastas, they don't really contribute anything to the actual study of the paranormal. It's just campfire ghost stories. Bullshit entertainment. Like trying to use Harry Potter as a grimoire.

But the rest of what you said runs along the lines of nonsensical to me. What screams "New Age" about ghosts, magic, and the Deep Web? And I don't think I remember or I could never figure out what the fuck an archon is.

I also probably wouldn't add "greys," though I may add "Reticulans." There's certainly doubt as to their existence, but specifying their origin as Zeta Reticuli is far more dubious than the descriptions by people who believe to have seen them.

They may be mistaken, delusional, or heavily influenced by pop culture, but its not quite the same as pulling lore out of your ass.
>>
This thread sucks donkey balls. For anyone who has just arrived and wonders if it's worth reading through, it isn't.
>>
>>17860240
Then why bump the post almost an entire day after the last post?
>>
>>17857840
Your forgot Nordics
>>
File: 1446875975196.jpg (48 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
1446875975196.jpg
48 KB, 500x362
>Law of Attraction

this one really is the worst thing ever, because while the concept being somewhat real, taking to heart the New Age interpreteation can really fuck a person up, psychologically
>>
>>17853618
I agree with you on this. A lot of it is written by trend hoppers and people acting on ego thinking they are better than others because they are more "spiritual". The more of it you read and digest the easier it gets to find the diamond amongst the shit.
>>
File: 1438844569403.jpg (243 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1438844569403.jpg
243 KB, 2048x1536
>>17860240
I'm pretty disappointed in it and I even made the thread. I was hoping for a better conversation on New Age bullshit.

>>17860253
Haven't heard much about Nordics lately. (I'm assuming you mean the blonde aliens, and not people from Norway.)

>>17860278
Holy fuck, I cannot believe I forgot the Law of Attraction. I cringe every time someone talks about it. That should have been #1 on my very first post, thank you.
>>
>>17860422
>The more of it you read and digest the easier it gets to find the diamond amongst the shit.
That's certainly my hope. And it seems to be getting easier, yeah, which is why I thought about keywords as a means to sift out the shit.

I mean, I can still look through the shit, but once you know what you're looking at, it's easier to know whether to take it seriously or not.
>>
>never tried acid
>thinks he has the right to an opinion

KEK

atheists are pleb scum
>>
>>17857812
>which was my intention for this list
And I'm saying that when you release a guide to recognizing con artists, all the serious con artists will read it and adapt accordingly. You don't get to win here.
>>
File: 1436648405681.jpg (209 KB, 699x1395) Image search: [Google]
1436648405681.jpg
209 KB, 699x1395
>>17860670
Secular psychedelia is a thing you know. There are tons of people out there who like to delve into lsd, psilocybin, mda/mdma, research chems etc. and end up remaining agnostic/atheistic.
>>
>>17860670
>acid
>atheists
Stumbled upon the wrong thread, m8?
>>17860686
When that happens, the list can be revised. It's not like this is intended as some set-in-stone eternal laws of bullshit detection. Just a handy list of common cliches.

When new ones come along, we can deal with those.

So do you know any, or no?
>>
>>17857812
>signs you may be looking at bullshit

Oh, in that case if it's anything that involves paranormal, then it's a red flag that it's bullshit.
>>
>>17860728
>handy list of common cliches
That will be neither handy, nor common, nor useful.

If bullshit detection could be reduced to a word filter, the internet would be a vastly different place. Your approach is demeaning and wrong. It won't get you what you want and it won't help others get what they want. It's a waste of time whole ultimate end result is censorship. I know you're not planning on censoring anyone, but it can't have any other developmental trajectory. There are a finite set of fates that emerge from this primitive methodology of word filtering.

You will never find someone that consents to all the same filters as you do. You must maintain your own filter list and not rely on the mods for something they can never really enforce.
>>
>>17860781
Har har har.

>>17860789
>Your approach is demeaning and wrong.
You're the type to talk about vibrations, aren't you?

I don't know how you got the impression that I'm expecting the mods to enforce or filter anything, or why you think it's supposed to be any sort of official rule against anything. Hell, I'm not even adding these to my filter.

I just want a list of shit people say when they clearly don't understand the subject. A list of buzzwords spewed by hacks. That's all. This shouldn't have ever been as difficult as it has, you guys are reading far too strongly into it.
>>
I am confused as to why people come to /x/ who are doubtful of everything and are afraid of seeking the truth. Why even bother reading into stuff and bantering with people here if you only want to read half into material. I pray that the egos of these people will calm down so they can have their mind back.
>>
>>17860919
>vibrations
Fuck no.

I guess what it comes down to is the fact that you can already suss out their shit well enough that you don't need a list of words, and even if you didn't, you already know half the woo words to watch out for. There's nothing else for me to contributed here other than my idle philosophical opinions.

And yes, they are opinions.
>>
>>17860963
Who are you talking about? The "hurr hurr anything paranormal belongs on the list" people, or those skeptical of the New Age movement?

Because I'm NOT "doubtful of everything," and I'm sure a lot of others aren't either. It's just that particular area where pseudoscience and false mysticism seem enthusiastically encouraged. It's not a matter of ego (at least, not on my part), it's a matter of learning whether someone comes from a background of tradition, study, or actual experience, and whether someone made it up to sell books and crystal necklaces.

And this isn't to say tradition is the most accurate. I'm still baffled about why believers in magic attribute the four elements to the compass directions they do, when it would be more intuitive to match them in a pattern where earth doesn't touch air, and water doesn't touch fire.

Same for the seasons of the year. But I digress.

The point is, where some things are concerned, new is not better, it's just people playing make believe. (Hold your laughter, skeptics.)

>>17861014
I just wanted other people's thoughts, to fill in any gaps I'm missing. And for the purpose of entertainment for all.
>>
>>17861047
Nobody is entertained by thinking about shit they try to avoid except you. You'd be better off using an actual filer on the phrase "New Age" than trying to filter this shit manually/cognitively.
>>
>>17853627
red to yellow, kill a fellow
>>
>>17853627
sneks are cute
>>
>>17853416
... tick tock
>>
>>17853416
>>17853421

A lot of these are fairly innocuous. Energy is such a common description for various paranormal stuff that you'd really have go go out of your way to ignore it. Vibration, similarly, was once a very common metaphor for different levels of reality, but it does tend to be a red flag in more modern works. And various crystals show up in books of magic going back as far as you care to look.

Quantum, though, does set off my bullshit detector. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with drawing parallels between quantum weirdness and something paranormal, or even speculating that paranormal phenomenon are ultimately quantum phenomenon. Those would be legitimate uses of it. Unfortunately, it's usually used, with no understanding of what it actually means, to prop things up with scientific-sounding language that most readers don't understand enough to challenge.

Atlantis, though, that one's almost universally bullshit. You want to speculate about enlightened lost civilizations, fine, but the only source that paints Atlantis as that is Edgar Cayce. Plato's description of it doesn't say anything like that.

For me, the things that immediately let me know that something is probably crap are claims that it was "channeled" or "transmitted," that it is part of an ancient tradition that only surfaced recently, and any mention of the "Burning Times."
>>
Language is all metaphorical and implicitly lambda so I don't get the problem with using words that science coopted in the first place in different ways. All words are good words in the right context!
>>
>>17860278

Law of Attraction is such a woeful misattribution of cause and effect and it makes me sad seeing people who buy into it, like watching a Church of Prosperity preacher scamming poor fools out of the money in their wallets.

THAT SAID BECAUSE I'M A CONTRARIAN: I think the idea is sound at a base level. You can't visualize and actualize your way into something as complex and multifaceted as money, but that doesn't mean ritual, routine, and reminder don't have tangible effects and manifestations. But most dummies I know don't believe in such thing as positive feedback apparently, because if you don't have a perfect mathematically rigorous (lel) derivation of something's causality, then /clearly/ it can't possibly exist, amirite?
Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.