[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hermetics general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Robert McCall, Island Shrine.jpg (254 KB, 1050x844) Image search: [Google]
Robert McCall, Island Shrine.jpg
254 KB, 1050x844
hello fellow goblins, witches, warlocks, gremlin, beelzebubs, daemons, faeries, chewbacas, etc. i want to get into the art of "hermetics" or, the teachings of the ancient god being of "Thoth". could you please direct me to some reading materials to start me on my journey? feel free to recommend any material on hermetics/hermetic occult. i am specifically looking for books to start with or if there is like one book i just MUST read first. anyways, thanks!
>>
>>17853168
whats the point? u wont get anything out if it anyway.

but the emerald tablet, initation into hermetics and crowley for starters
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 358x463) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 358x463
>>17853168
http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/emerald.htm

http://www.esotericarchives.com/juratus/juratus.htm
>>
>>17853186
why wouldnt i get anything out of it? isnt it ancient sacred knowledge? keys to the universe and such?
>>
>>17853191
thnx frend. your pic is oddly similar to the one i posted>>17853168

=0
>>
File: Tupperware.jpg (4 KB, 300x191) Image search: [Google]
Tupperware.jpg
4 KB, 300x191
That shit is hermetic.
>>
File: 180px-Tree_of_Life,_Medieval.jpg (23 KB, 180x247) Image search: [Google]
180px-Tree_of_Life,_Medieval.jpg
23 KB, 180x247
>>17853168
Start here >>17835181
>>
>>17853168
>>17853191
Those two websites have a lot of other good stuff too, check it out.

Also, there's a poster around here "Ape of th0th".
He is very knowledgeable
>>
I feel its best to create your own work which others can read and learn from. I suggest trying to reach a state of gnosis and meditate whenever you look for answers.
>>
>>17853232
You could have posted the library

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
>>17855745
>implying there is nothing to learn from ascended masters and such

dont be ignorant dude
>>
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>17856943
didnt the egyptonians come b4 the greeks?
>>
File: Thoth (2).jpg (44 KB, 450x266) Image search: [Google]
Thoth (2).jpg
44 KB, 450x266
>>17857059
Actually in the old legends it is stated that the Gods lived in Greece until after the war with the Titans, which destroyed the land and rendered the Gods extremely vulnerable, so they all assumed the form of animals and moved to the empty lands to the south, in order to live out pleasant and relaxing lives as they recuperated and reflected upon their own faults,
and vowing one day to return to their thrones, they lived in harmony with all things, until they finally did return to the new kingdom in Egypt
>>
>>17856182
Not at all, I just feel people become indoctrinated by the work of others to the point of where its treated like dogma. For that reason I encourage people to do what the ancients did. Become your own master.
>>
>>17857109
This will not alleviate you of the burden of telling each and every one of your students to become their own master and not to idolize your work. If you aren't literally telling all your students to read your shitposts on 4chan, I mean.
>>
>>17857109
>Not at all, I just feel people become indoctrinated by the work of others

Your knowledge and experience are insufficient to make that determination.
>>
>>17857088
Source?
>>
>>17859167

4chan
>>
>>17855745
Yep, the best way to learn is to experience it yourself
>>
>>17853208
do you want the summary of literally all of that ancient knowledge, hermeticism, magick, occult bullshit, alchemy, law of attraction, etc?

"Do what thou wilt"

yep. there's your big secret. humans have unlimited potential, if you want something, you have to apply your free will and work for it.

there you go. not even trolling. it sounds so fucking stupid and painfully obvious but it all comes back to this. there is no free ride, not even in the spiritual realm
>>
>>17859472
>"Do what thou wilt"

kek
>>
>>17859495
but that's the actual wording
you probably communicate by emoji
>>
>>17859495
okay i'll give it to you in meme speak

"shit don't change until you wipe your ass, nigga"

go and wipe your ass. wipe your ass until it's as clean as you want it to be
>>
>>17859549

No. It was either primo bait or one of the stupidest things I've read today.

>>17859567

You're cute.
>>
>>17859572
oh no i've been baited
i need an adult
>>
>>17859576

It's summer. Some days it's the only game there is.
>>
http://aoda.org/pdf/Kybalion.pdf
>>
>>17859581

Not Hermetic. It's New Thought.

Nice bait, though.
>>
All hermetic knowledge is encoded in the bible.
>>
>>17859660

This, too, is incorrect.
>>
>>17859660
>Hermetic knowledge
>in the Bible
Hahahaha wow.
>>
>>17859581
Get this garbage out of here.
>>
>>17859668
>Christianity and Hermetism have interacted in such a way that controversy surrounds the nature of the influence. Some, such as Richard August Reitzenstein believed that Hermetism had heavily influenced Christianity; while others, such as Marie-Joseph LaGrange, believed that Christianity heavily influenced Hermetism; most see the exchange as more mutual.

Hermetism is the Christian version of the Kaballah.
>>
>>17859683
>Hermetism is the Christian version of the Kaballah.

Not really, no. You haven't even read the Corpus Hermetica, have you?
>>
>>17859472
lol no.

>hi i just read an a. crowley book and now i know everything

no, friend. there is actual knowledge and secrets to be gained in this universe and it has nothing to do with "do as thou wilt" oh and spoiler alert (humans are not born with free will)
>>
>>17859683
worng. dead worng. also retarded. hermetics was around literally thousands of years before christianity. how fucking new are you?
>>
>>17859702
your mom was around literally thousands of years before christianity
>>
>>17859718
lol ok youve had your fun. back to /b/ now.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.