[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >be sharing a room with girlfriend >spring cleaning,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 16
File: IMG_1052.jpg (843 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1052.jpg
843 KB, 2592x1936
>be me
>be sharing a room with girlfriend
>spring cleaning, pushing bookshelf closer to the corner against the wall
>heavy as shit, have to take most of the books off
>take this opportunity to dust the books
>lay a dirty towel on the floor and stack the books on to keep dirt off the tile
>books stacked neatly, see what looks like a used lint roller sheet coming out of an old cookbook
>pull it out quickly ready to ball it up and chuck it
>whatthefuck.png
>paper clearly bears an image like a charcoal rub of my girlfriend's face
>extremely confused, splurt out "Is this you?" or some such shit
>she sees the image, and takes it for a closer look
>immediately she becomes very shaken and also confused, asking me similar such shit, is this me, where did this come from, etc.

Necessary information:

The book is a copy of "Amy Vanderbilt's Complete Cookbook," from 1963, which my girlfriend and her dad got from a thrift store in May last year.

The image appeared on the back of some old stationary bearing the name "Bill Carrington."

Bill Carrington is her grandfather, and she confirmed the stationary's as his own.

She had made sure before placing the book on the shelf for the first time that there were no papers between the pages in order to preserve the text quality, making it unclear when exactly the stationary appeared.

We both have our first impressions and did contact her grandparents, but are by and large unsure of what this could mean, and why it chose to appear now.

I have more pictures and details and don't know who to turn to.

/x/, we really need your help.
>>
Your gf is fat.
>>
File: 1460420809381.jpg (193 KB, 736x916) Image search: [Google]
1460420809381.jpg
193 KB, 736x916
>>17852960

It looks just like this paper has been laid on top of another drawing in pencil, rubbing off onto it.
>>
This is interesting.

I don't see the face though.
>>
looks like a nu-male
>>
File: bitches_aint_NIGGA_but_shit.png (254 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
bitches_aint_NIGGA_but_shit.png
254 KB, 500x393
You said you had more information?
>>
>>17852960

Your girlfriend looks an awful lot like Drew Carey
>>
>>17852972 #
That was what I thought too.

There were no other papers and definitely no pencil drawings in that cookbook.

The image the stationary bears is actually a picture that exists of her, which is weird.

We don't have a physical copy of that photo, it was a picture she took with her phone.
>>
>>17852960
>forgot about something
>oh shit! When did this happen!

This is like me finding a bag of weed i forgot about in one of my coat pockets and thinking a demon forgot he left it there when he left to go eat at his mom's place
>>
File: 1463543953364.png (11 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463543953364.png
11 KB, 500x500
>>17852960
No brainer... >>17852972 /this
Happens all the time when you leave a blank piece of paper in a sketchbook for a long time. Someone put it in the cookbook years ago and forgot about it.
What's the problem?
>>
>>17852981
Her grandfather is extremely ill, heart attacks, strokes with dementia to boot, right at death's door.

When we called her grandmother, who is caring for him (recently released from the hospital to basically live out his days at home), she said he has been having full blown conversations in his sleep, like remembrances from his past, korean war shit, service on the highway patrol, his childhood etc.

The day before his release he was reported by hospital staff to have been sleeping fitfully, writhing, and speaking panicked Irish Gaelic and screaming out his grandchildren's names.
>>
File: Luigo.jpg (5 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
Luigo.jpg
5 KB, 245x245
>>17853009
Did you read my post?

She made sure there were no papers in the book whatsoever.

She has only owned the book for about a year.

She has not seen her grandfather in about two years.

What's your problem?
>>
>>17853050
i have a bunch of text books that i used for my courses 2 years back. They all have papers in them that i forgot about. Didn't even know i left those papers in there.
Did a demon leave them there?
>>
>>17853078
She made sure there were no papers in the book whatsoever.
>>
File: Ink.jpg (28 KB, 613x421) Image search: [Google]
Ink.jpg
28 KB, 613x421
>>17852960
I theorize it is an elaborate trick set up by someone to fool you both. It vaguely reminds me of a printer low on ink (posting a picture to help convey this.) If it were a drawing, there would be stains of graphite or charcoal on the other pages it was wedged between, especially given how long it was pressed together.

Second, you mentioned that you have this picture. Electronically, no less, making it more than possible that it COULD be printed in the first place.

Third, that appears to printer paper from my perspective. (Standard paper with no other markings, etc.)
>>
File: IMG_1056.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1056.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>17852981
This is how the other side of the stationary looks.

The only pictures I have of it are the ones I took when we first saw it, about a week ago, but I might take some more since I still have it.

I feel confident that whatever it could mean, it's not negative.
>>
>>17853090
Good observation, but it's definitely not printer paper.
>>
File: 1463367318115s.jpg (5 KB, 185x250) Image search: [Google]
1463367318115s.jpg
5 KB, 185x250
>>17853050
Yeah I read your post. The "transfer" is old and was removed from the sketchbook and placed in the cook book, where it was inadvertently forgotten.
>She made sure there were no papers in the book whatsoever.
Unlikely
>She has only owned the book for about a year.
Not relevant

If you really want to know, don't touch it any more and have it fingerprinted. Compare to family members. Otherwise, continue to live your fantasy and have a wonderful 4chan day.

BTW, how does the hospital staff know this and what did he say? Further, what does this have to do with the "transfer"
>>
>>17853085
>He says she says

Yeah, and i definitely remember either rhydon or rhyhorn fighting pikachu in the first pokemon movie.
You do realize people say they remember doing something when in reality they dont. Like i found a tennis ball under my bed that i thought was a sock this whole time.
>>
File: 1463538736756.png (112 KB, 301x538) Image search: [Google]
1463538736756.png
112 KB, 301x538
>>17853029
>>17853107 here
>speaking panicked Irish Gaelic
>>
>>17852960
>Oh shit! I just found a $20 bill i forgot about
>must be paranormal!

really /x/, this is what its getting down to?
>>
>>17853106

Something else interesting I'd like to point out, there is a clear, distinct line at the top. Meaning this isn't drawn. It was electronically made. My guess is someone intentionally put into the book, trying to situate the book along the spine. They closed the book, and forgot about it.
>>
>>17853107
>transfer

This picture never existed in a sketchbook.

If this is a trick being played on us, >>17852960 is the better theory.

The picture existed as a facebook picture taken on a phone, that no one in our house could have printed out, since we don't have a working printer.

Where would they have gotten her grandfather's stationary for this prank?
>>
>>17853151
The page, trying to situate the page along the book's spine. Pretty much, they were attempting to conceal the paper in there. I do it all the time, and I can bet the page is probably lightly bent.

>>17853134
Pretty much. Though it was interesting for the moment.
>>
>>17853107

>>17853090 is the better theory. Typo.
>>
>>17853125
eeeh... good for you, I guess?
>>
File: IMG_1457.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1457.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>17852974
Here's another picture of the face, hopefully a little clearer.
>>
File: IMG_1458.jpg (1008 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1458.jpg
1008 KB, 2592x1936
>>17853090
Here's another of the front side of the stationary.
>>
>>17853177
>totally ignore the fact that its possible people forget

Im glad you can fully understand the word 'implications'
>>
>>17852960
Ur gf looks like a fucking SJW/Feminazi type.. I see a collar type choker, big framed glasses, and a short haircut ( if cancer my apologies for the hair the other 2 remain though.)
>>
>>17853184
>>17853192
face it bro, your attempt to get archived as a spoopy thread failed. Hard.
Quit while you are ahead and no one sees this thread. Otherwise you will have to start over with a whole new story or wait a couple of years before reposting this lame ass story
>>
>>17853162
It wasn't situated against the spine, it was in the middle of the page, hanging out with the lower part of the image showing, which is why I thought it was a dirty lint roller sheet.
>>
>>17853203
hahaha, are you assuming her hair is blue?

She actually needs the glasses to see, we hate those fucking people too.
>>
Human memory is notoriously bad, OP. You or she probably just forgot you out it there. We're. terribly good at convincing ourselves that we remember events correctly when we don't at all.
>>
>>17853220

I'm sorry then. Only thing I can say is it was definitely not paranormal.

I hate to admit it, OP. But this is all perpetrated by her. Think about it. Her Grandfather, a picture of Her, stashed in a book SHE bought. Not to throw in the fact it's a printed image hidden among pages that only she has gone through. This isn't paranormal, it's a prank that you took forever to fall for.

Bonus Points: It was left facing out, in hopes you would eventually find it, pull it out, and be spooked.
>>
>>17853252
I'm not a feeb, I know that human memory is fallible.

The image appeared on the back of her grandfather's stationary, which we don't keep in our house.

It's not a sketchbook transfer, the image is a reproduction of a particular picture of her. If it is some kind of trick, it's more likely to be a low ink printing, which has been stated.

When I first saw the paper, it was hanging out of the book, not situated against the spine or hidden.
>>
>>17852960

It's a drawing her side piece drew for her. Like that scene in Titanic. She's playing dumb because that dick's so good and she don't want to lose it. She realized she still had it on her one day and you were coming back into the house/room and she stashed it real quick.

Sorry you had to find out this way OP.
>>
>>17853278
Sure, I guess, but why though?

She was more scared than I was. I was more confused than anything. The trembling fear in her voice as she was talking to her grandma is proof enough for me, but she hasn't seen her grandparents in two years, so this would have to be a really longstanding prank.

She's only lived with me for under a year, so that's just to much effort for a minimal reaction. I don't get easily shaken. I'm just confused, trying to get answers.
>>
>>17853315
Hahaha, man, you guys kill me.
>>
>>17853325
I honestly believe it's a prank, though by all means others may have others theories.

I think she forgot about it, it's easy to forget. After all, let's say she hid it shortly after she got the book, then it's been about a year. I have an extremely poor memory, so I know I would forget. She might have good or bad memory, it's just a small thing.

Though to offer another theory, she was unaware of what was on the back. This was no prank, rather, she had intended to cook something and used the stationary as a book mark. Unannounced to her, there was actually already something on the back. I mean, she recognizes it's her grandpa's stationary, is it a stretch to think she might of used one as a book-mark? (This theory does not answer why her face is on it, but this is just about the only other one I could come up with.)
>>
>>17853355
I appreciate your cautious skepticism, and I thank you for actually reading my comments.

>let's say she hid it shortly after she got the book, then it's been about a year.
>This was no prank, rather, she had intended to cook something and used the stationary as a book mark.

You've got good ideas, but that's just not how it happened. The thing is, she never actually used that particular cookbook. She leafed through to make sure it was clean and free of scratch paper. I wrote a cute-ass note on the front page. That's really it.

She actually wouldn't have any of Bill's stationary. She knows what it looks like because she's seen it, but it's old. He hasn't used it in years, he started slipping three years ago. So she never had any in her old apartment, or my house.

I'm really grateful for your answers, but I guess we really can't get it across so well how bizarre and impossible this is for us.
>>
File: memecunt.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
memecunt.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>17852960
>>17853184
>>
>>17853315
this is so plausible
>>
>>17853315
I'm surprised it took this many posts. Was first thing I thought.
>>
Ok OP, could it be that the used book used to belong to her grandfather, and that is actually a sketch of her grandmother. This is assuming the paper was in there, I've flipped through used books then found paper in them later. It's also assuming you are mistaken about it being a replica of an existing photo.
>>
File: IMG_1459.jpg (52 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1459.jpg
52 KB, 720x960
>>17853526
This is the picture that I recognized as the image.

It's definitely not a sketch. Since the picture exists only digitally, it's a printing, if it's a fake at all.
>>
what do you think it means, and why is it showing up now ?
>>
>>17852960
Dude, your gf looks like urkle
>>
File: triggered.png (228 KB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
228 KB, 600x524
>>17853184
nice try faggot, its the triggered bitch

thread over
>>
File: 1313643318904.png (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1313643318904.png
81 KB, 500x500
>>17853634
>>
I'd fuck her, ghosts or no ghosts
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 380x380
>>
>>17853712
I personally tend to be a bit of a skeptic when it comes to the paranormal, not that I don't believe any of it, but I'm willing to hear both sides.

This has me convinced though. I'm not a hundred percent sure what it could mean, I was hoping for some perspectives from /x/.

With her grandfather's failing health and weird nighttime shit happening, I think that he's trying to reach out to her in some way. When I heard about his Irish night terror as described by her grandmother, it sounded like he was begging for something, and then he screamed out the names of his grandchildren (my gf and her brother) which is especially weird, because at this point we all thought he forgot their names.

I don't know. Like maybe things might start getting better in her life. My first impression was that he bargained away or gave up some of himself. I don't want to say he sold his soul or something like that, but I just can't shake that feeling. I'm not especially sensitive to paranormal happenings, but it doesn't feel like anything malevolent to me. Not to Bill or to her.

She thinks it's more like a warning to stay away. She hasn't seen them in 2 years, but she talks to her grandma on the phone sometimes to keep up with what's going on with them, and had been considering to make some time to take care of her grandparents.

Why has it appeared now is the part we really can't figure out. It appeared while we were cleaning out our room and moving furniture. Maybe things like this happen more when things are moving and changing?

I'm a hispanifag, and my mother always says that the way to dispel what she calls "bad energy" is by cleaning your house (she'd also burn sage and ring a bell.) That's part of why I don't think this is malevolent. It chose to appear while we were cleaning. But I just don't know.
>>
>>17853727
I bet you haven't seen a vagina in 12 years, since you came out of your mother's.
>>
>>17853748
Me too.
>>
>>17853820
Anon we gave you a lot of different perspectives, it sounds like you already are believing what you want to believe. That's fine, just go with it and take what meaning you can from it, use this experience to reflect on things. No one here knows anything that you don't.
>>
>>17853234

Yes but does she need those glasses?
>>
>>17853156
Stop fucking grasping at straws.
You can buy stationary anywhere.
I can hardly remember small details from last week, if that was put in there when the book was first bought, someone could definitely forget about it.
0/10 not even spooky
>>
>>17855754
Who's trying to be spooky? I said I'm just looking for answers. Yeah you can buy stationary anywhere, but that's confirmed as her grandpa's own, it's got his name and that's the ladybug design he used to have. We definitely would remember taking her grandpa's stationary (or buying some designed like his) and printing my girlfriend's face on it.

Whatever this is, paranormal happening or elaborate prank, this isn't something that WE did and just fucking forgot. What kind of retard would do that and forget he did it? You, apparently.

>>17854471
Thanks for bearing with us. I guess I was hoping for some kind of paranormal enthusiast with some crazy ass theories we could ponder on, but this situation must seem pretty mundane, hahaha. I'm not convinced about that what we saw is ordinary, but this thread won't bear anymore fruit, I suppose.

>>17855693
Those frames were the cheapest that fit the size of the lenses she needs. So yeah, she needs them.
>>
>this thread is still active
Goddamn /x/ needs new content
>>
>>17856779
The more you comment, the more attention the thread gets, cowboy.
>>
>>17852966

/thread
>>
>>17853096

disgustingly long finger nails
ring

total fag
>>
>>17853192

NIGGA BIT HIS FUNKY ASS NAIL OFF IN SHAME
>>
>>17856792
>>17856800
Mein sides
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.