[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on The Amityville Horror?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
Thoughts on The Amityville Horror?
>>
>>17852413
Meh, about a 5/10
>>
Eh. The thing that always stuck with me was that the oldest son despised George. He still does.

That said, if George and Kathy concocted the whole story, why has he maintained that it happened? He could have easily said that George manipulated his mother into going along with it. He could refuse to speak about it all together. Guys got his own decent life in New York; he didn't make money on the recent documentary about him. He called it "therapy".

You could argue that George imparted some bias on him, possibly. But the shit he witnessed first hand is a bit hard to explain and write off. Even after Kathy and George divorced, they never recounted. Neither have any of the other children.

I just have a hard time writing it off completely.
>>
>>17852486
Maybe they didn't want to implicate their mother in an insurance fraud scheme
>>
>>17852486
>I just have a hard time writing it off completely.

same. although it's entirely possible his terrible parents made him lie so much he really thought he experienced it or it happened. for some reason he seems to defend his mother but from what I understand, in the documentary you mentioned, she seemed like an awful neglectful parent and not much worse than george.
>>
File: a.jpg (20 KB, 515x264) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
20 KB, 515x264
>>17852413
There are 2 movies based on it and there's gonna be a third one.
I wanted to watch them , but man they got such bad reviews , didn't they stick to the story?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.