[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creepy New Zealand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (27 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27 KB, 443x332
Any nz xphiles here who can recommend some creepy places for someone planning a visit? I'm talking haunted building tours, horror themed restaurants/hotels and other general creepy areas? I'm looking at staying in Auckland. Ty!
>>
>>17850433
I dont know much about auckland sorry but there are alot of haunted sites around auckland its a fairly old city

The biggest haunted hot spot in new zealand is Waiouru military camp and the west cost and far south of the south island very isolated territory alot of myths legends and tall tales
I got a few stories if anyone interested
>>
>>17850538
nz xphile wellington reporting in, continue plz
>>
Ford Block in Rotorua, pretty sp0o0oky at night
>>
Kenepuru mental hospital in porirua Wellington.

You can literally feel the atmosphere change when you drive in. Some abandoned buildings on the ground and a functioning psychiatric prison on the grounds.

Message me if anyones keen to go exploring sometime [email protected]
>>
Its just an abandoned tunnel but I think it would be pretty cool to visit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracroft_Caverns
>>
File: 0 (1).jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0 (1).jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>17850600
Fuck were do I begin
>Spent many months in Waiouru
>was up there with doing live fire with mortars for an MFC course
>Stayed in the old barracks
>Three of us feel like we're pinned down in bed, with a cold weight on our chests. On different nights
>One night, one of the boys woke up screaming, hit the lights and asked why none of us would help him
>Say he was yelling out for help when he was pinned in bed
>no one heard him
>Another night, one of the beds dragged into the middle of the room.

Weird shit happens in Waiouru there have been alot of suicides from recruit training and back in ww1 and ww2 all the dead body would be shipped back and processed in waioruru as body from the Tangi\wai Disaster.
>In my basic training I had a recruit in the barracks right accross from me wake up in the middle of the night with a girl hanging from the neck staring down at him
>wakes up 3 seperate recruit barracks with the sound of his scream
Next morning cpls tell us not to talk about last night
>at breakfast guy looks visibly shakin
>also
>sights of lone men in old uniforms walking at night
>sightings of faces staring into windows after curfew
>foot prints left in dirt over night that has to be keep to high level of rack lines (think japanese sand garden)
>shadows in the old barrack dress check mirrors
>bangs and slamming doors of a communal bathroom that had a recruit shoot himself

more soon
>>
>>17850433
>horror themed restaurants

Horror and appetite don't really go hand and hand.
Why would anyone want to eat at a horror themed restaurant unless the waitresses were all dressed as slutty vampires...
>>
>>17850666
devil trips checked, fuck that sounds creepy asf bro
>>
>>17850666
I swear am not satan
>Doing some patrol precedues trainging in wairoiuou
>taking turns planning,plotting and scouting for the section as we just trudge around both close country bush and the deserts around mount ruapehu
>night time in the bush is pitch black cant see anything
>during sentry hear movement and crunches in the blackness
>joke with m8 that it sounds like the sergeants are messing with us
>never knew if it was
>have strange dreams in the bush
>hear roaring in the distance
>wake up
>not sure if i dreamed the sound or if its what woke me up
>am not in my tent any more am 15m to the left
>out in the open , I just feel compelled to sit there and stire into the darkness for what seems forever
>feel like am being watched even though I cant see my own fucking hands in front of my face
>snapped out of it by the sounds of boots coming from the sentry point must be change over time
>finally go back to sleep
>>
File: 0.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>17850740
same patrol
>was tail end charile in my section
>full tactical bush SOP's
>check 6 o'clock ever 5 mins and when we do any halts
>middle of the day
>fully over cast
>just finished minor river crossing drills
>walk another 300m or so across open country and head towards this small section of bush out by its self in the desert around mount ruapehu
>the bush is dead quiet
>no birds or insects
>silence
>get signal for 5 min listning halt
>turn around
>we are wearing packs with 40+ kg
>slowly swing my self around for a good position
>notice the white straight away when I turn around
>directly behind me about maybe about 50 to 80m just out of the sort of natural clearing/track and sort of half standing in a shrub about hip height is a girl maybe 8 or 10 in a white dress looking right at me
>chills down my spine
>freeze
>she turns away into the shrub
>no sound
>feel incredibly uneasy standing like an idiot staring into the bush
>get signal to move on

Never see her again and never tell anyone until sometime after during a end of course drinks at the base bar
>all a bit tipsy
>talking about the excercise
>I jokingly mention the girl a saw in the bush
>a sergeant a big maori fella snaps his head towards me and say in a fairly serious manner
>"never follow that fucking girl"
> whole table is akwardly silent
>everone starts laughing and going "ooooooooooooospooky"
>sergeant just shrugs and starts drink again
>>
>>17850433
there's that place near devonport with the tunnels, but i think it's military related and might lead to arrest/a fine
>>
>>17850643
Am keen to do some /x/ related activities
email me [email protected]
>>
Try 'Haunted Auckland's facebook page for ideas.
I'm not a member of their group but I follow them on fb and they seem pretty active, lots of articles on their website about various locations.

Also there's a good NZ show made in the early 2000s called 'Ghost Hunt', a few of their locations were in Auckland. Entertaining show, I don't know where you would see it but maybe youtube has some episodes.
>>
>>17850678
>horror
Draculas (Australia, horror theme)
Frankensteins (Bali, horror theme)
Vampire cafe (Tokyo, vampires obv)
Alcatraz ER (Tokyo, mental asylum theme)

Horror and food goes fine a few I know / have been to
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.