[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone bitches about /x/ being shit, so what do you consid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: 1460596808774.png (98 KB, 304x158) Image search: [Google]
1460596808774.png
98 KB, 304x158
Everyone bitches about /x/ being shit, so what do you consider the best of the best?

What is you favorite x related topic/creepypasta/theory?
Share related pic, links, description, why you like it, etc.

It doesn't have to be entirely supernatural. Anything spooky, mystical, conspiracy theory related, science fiction etc.

I like the idea of dimensions. What would a 5th dimensional creature appear to be to us? A 6th? So on? Are there unfathomable creatures navigating through inter dimensional space time as we speak? Are these just what we consider to be "deity's" to some extent?

Anyways here's a cool video about dimensions.
https://youtu.be/gg85IH3vghA
>>
>>17842143
>Everyone bitches about /x/ being shit
I collect, vet, and upload over five thousand occult texts, and tend to think the board's fine, other than maybe having a few more folks willing to report blatantly off topic bullshit and/or spam (sometimes I feel like the only one doing it, and when I ask people complaining about this or that thread if they've reported it, I often hear the garbage excuse of "not my job" and "it doesn't work", both of which are not the case).
>>
>>17842143

Your post is a prime example of why /x/ is shit tbpfhwy
>>
File: reviewgod.jpg (229 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
reviewgod.jpg
229 KB, 1920x1080
>>17842143
Remember when Reviewbrah replied to us and played his number station recordings and stuff? He said he spent some nights in the haunted hotel that inspired The Shining (but didn't experience anything). But yeah that was cool. The recordings were cool too.

7 min 38s in

https://youtu.be/AI7hlrbUxx0?t=7m38s

Also - we had a real paranormal research team of ghost hunters come by last year and do live updates during an investigation. They were actually on Ghost Adventures in one episode I believe.
>>
File: 43v2wcG.jpg (844 KB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
43v2wcG.jpg
844 KB, 5312x2988
>>17842153
>Also - we had a real paranormal research team of ghost hunters come by last year and do live updates during an investigation. They were actually on Ghost Adventures in one episode I believe.

Found the thread.

http://4archive.org/board/x/thread/16991795

Apparently they really did get around to making a video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53FxPRGDM10
>>
>>17842143
I like /x/, Good people, funny discussions and conspiracies
>>
>>17842151
Your labia is a prime example of the existence of vegetarianism
>>
>>17842150
>>17842169
I like this board too. This could be a good thread if everyone participated.
>>
>>17842169
A bit harsh, Dude...
>>
File: FuGJKXL.png (6 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
FuGJKXL.png
6 KB, 400x300
Is /x/ files bro still around?

http://4archive.org/board/x/thread/189320
>>
>>17842189
I fucking wish but no.
>>
>>17842189
>>17842193

Shit I should have searched the archive first - good news he is still here!

>>17826894

I think /x/ is going to be just fine.
>>
>>17842143
Cryptids, UFOs, investigations and creepy experiences threads are the best of /x/, in my opinion.

Also, people think /x/ is shit because its population is composed in an 80% of underage newfags that never lurked and never assimilated the posting etiquette of the site.
>>
>>17842153
>real paranormal research

What an oximoron.

I missed it, damn. I wish I was here more often. At least I didn't missed Toy Maker.
>>
>>17842143
/x/ as always been shit. A huge part of the problem is that the discussion of the paranormal attracts a lot of underaged people since adults usually don't believe in this sort of stuff. I'm not saying it's a childish topic, I'm just saying that younger people are more gullible, and thus, more likely to believe what they see here, even if it's obviously bullshit. On the flip side, there's also a lot of people here trying to prove themselves to everyone else as if anyone gives a shit. You know the type, that guy who comes into a thread and starts shitting everything up by saying how smart and logical he is, and skeptically dismissing everything even though he willingly entered a board for the discussion of the paranormal.

Also, this place is full of Redditors/Tumblr users. Now, I know, people say this about every board, and those sites are 4chan's scapegoat for everything bad, but I know for a fact that there's a lot of people from those places in here in here. But it becomes very evident when you see people more preocupied with being a smartass and posting memes rather than actually contributing with something relevant to the threads, as if they're expecting to get upvotes.

And lastly, /b/ crossposters. They're all over /x/ and they've allways been all over /x/, and they drag the board's quality down considerably.
>>
File: DisappointedDewey.jpg (20 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
DisappointedDewey.jpg
20 KB, 500x276
>>17842247
This. So much this.
>>
>>17842255
What really sucks is that the people that do try to make OC generally suck at it.

>guys there's something on my house
>guys there's something in my backyard
>guys the illuminati is tapping on my window
>guys I have a new skinwalker story
>guys I have a new ARG
>guys I have this ZnVjayB5b3U=
>guys I need to tell you this world-changing secret but I'm also going to wrap it in three pages in word worth of unformatted prose
>guys I'm paranormal so ask me questions
>guys I found this weird website
>guys let's talk about wikipedia articles
>guys cern is paranormal and here's a crystallinks page that explains why
>guys let's make a secret club
>guys I want you to prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that aliens exist
>guys I saw something weird while I was on drugs
>guys have you heard of roswell? that is some crazy shit
>guys can we have a spooky state thread?
>guys can we have a spooky region thread?
>guys can we have a spooky city thread?
>guys can we have a spooky country thread?
>guys I need to know about tulpas
>guys redpill me
>guys I'm pretty sure I'm the chosen one but I don't know what to do about that. Any ideas lol
>guys I just found out about shadow people I need more info
>guys have you heard of haunted wattpad fanfiction?
>guys have you seen this russian homunculus video I think it's true but I won't tell you why
>guys tell me the meaning of live
>guys I just channeled a spirit from atlantis
>guys I just summoned a demon using stuff I bought on amazon
>guys this daycare seems sketchy
>guys tell me common conspiracy theories
>guys the earth is flat
>guys how do summon an succubus
>guys I'm off my meds
>guys have you ever wondered why /pol/ has a weird way of counting it's posts?
>guys we should post the same greentext caps that we have for the last four years
>guys the deepweb has ghosts on it right
>guys explain the last few levels of this iceberg chart
>guys I'm 96% sure this cloud is god and is also mocking me
>guys this is why /x/ is shit
>>
up you go
>>
>https://youtu.be/oLxJS8k9pHs
this seemed like a good time
even if it was just an elaborate ruse at least something interesting for once
>>
File: low-hanging-fruit.jpg (96 KB, 649x472) Image search: [Google]
low-hanging-fruit.jpg
96 KB, 649x472
>>17842247
>You know the type, that guy who comes into a thread and starts shitting everything up by saying how smart and logical he is, and skeptically dismissing everything even though he willingly entered a board for the discussion of the paranormal.

A classic staple of every paranormal board on the net. People with very low self esteem who feel the need to pick low hanging fruit, but they forget that they're arguing semantics about things that are technically fantastic by nature. The fruit they're picking is imaginary. They have special needs that can't be met by arguing with people anywhere else because that requires real effort - not that scoffing at people on the internet isn't already the easiest thing in the world. It's just particularly easy on paranormal boards.
>>
I'll start off by saying I've been browsing /x/ since around 06-07 and there used to be a lot of really interesting shit, info dumps, digging through metric mega shit tons of number station recordings and data, weird photos, good stories, and odd theories about lots of original ideas. The problem with /x/ is there really is no honesty to anything anymore. I mean sure there's lots of bullshit, and most things are probably coincidental, but at least people tried to be competent adults about everything. I'm ex military and I have a pretty decent grasp on reality, and sometimes you hear some pretty crazy yet believable stuff. It's apparent that no one on /x/ tries hard anymore. Tulpas aren't paranormal, role playing is terribly obvious, people still belive satanism is dangerous, and no one tries to have logical conversations about anything mildly interesting.
>>
>>17846017
> The problem with /x/ is there really is no honesty to anything anymore.
>at least people tried to be competent adults about everything.

I'm sorry, I've been here about as long as you have, and maybe there were times when threads could be taken more seriously, but you clearly don't remember things as well as you think you do. /x/ has always had "shit cycles", as I call them, not to mention the countless raids from /b/ and other boards.
>>
The cool thing about the paranormal is that it's a universal topic.

Paranormal topics aren't really hobbies or special interests, they're just something that every human being knows about. Everyone knows about ghosts, aliens, bigfoot, stuff like that. So everyone from every other board will usually end up in /x/ at least once. This means it's impossible to become a circle jerk here, which is good.
>>
>>17847599
Uh, no, pretty much everything you just said is wrong.

>Everyone knows about ghosts, aliens, bigfoot, stuff like that.

Other countries and cultures have their own myths and paranormal tales that might not include these at all.

>So everyone from every other board will usually end up in /x/ at least once.

Nope. People who don't have much interest in the topic only come here to troll or avoid /x/ like the plague. Only if someone is mildly superstitious or has their own "real" paranormal story to share will they come here, if they don't already have an interest in /x/ related topics.

>This means it's impossible to become a circle jerk here, which is good.

And this is how I know you're new.
>>
>>17847753
You seem like a very miserable person.
>>
In this exact order:
>horror
>psychological horror
>abandoned places
>desolation in general
>deep ocean stuff
>post-life

Note that when you try to get into post-life stuff, it'll always get cancerous and soon you have the vampire fags with succubi in tow, so those are all the general themes I can list without listing cancer.

>lost media
>unsolved mysteries
>actual* occult
>secret agendas
>actual cults
>everything** death
>spooky streams
>found footage
>censored media
>mythical places
>cryptids
>ET visitation
>dreams
>UFOs

For mythical places, it's mostly the legend of Atlantis because of both my understand and mermaid fetishes, but flat/hollow Earth count too, cancer though they sometimes be. Most UFO stuff is trash too, so I end up minimizing it even if I'm otherwise interested.

* As in, not the "surface" occult shit you see in the magick general. Occult means hidden, so jacking off to some published neckbeard isn't the same.
** Except suicide. If you're here to make a thread about killing yourself, kill yourself.
>>
>>17848464
Note that the top list is meant to be highly inclusive. If there's anything even remotely horror related about it, that is, if you can find any way to make it into a horror story, then it's top /x/ material.

Earlier today I saw a thread >>17847273 asking about people's fear and it got deleted. I don't know if it's the mods or a janitor or OP self-deleting their thread, but that's prime /x/ material. If you can imagine a world where nothing paranormal had ever existed, neither as a myth or a real experience, then it would be the discussion of each others fear that would bring the board to life. In lieu of any other type of activity on /x/, that would be what brought up from a blank slate to a spooky, /x/-worthy board.

I also meant to put succubus somewhere between cryptids and dreams. The second list is not meant to be inclusive, exclusive, or complete. There are a ton of paranormal topics I'd never be able to list, or that even have a real name yet. If you can find a way to cram it into the top list in any way, then it belongs on /x/. If it's not on the second list and needs to be added, go ahead and add it. Creepy/paranormal things aren't restricted by any list, definition, model of reality, belief system, idea, culture, tradition, or god.

Succubus threads for me are about the pics, and if it's just a "how to summon tulpa" Q&A then I don't really care. /x/ must tolerate your beliefs or there would be no /x/.
>>
Bumping so I can load some shit into this thread shortly
>>
>>17845912
>technically fantastic

u avin a gigl thar m80?
>>
>>17846360
I never once said that it doesn't have its cycles, yes /x/ has its bad go arounds. And of course raids always sucked, but you don't seem to understand that /x/ officially hasn't been good in years. There were periods of time, many months in length where /x/ was worth a damn, /x/ has lost its way and has been utter trash for years. There are not shit cycles anymore, /x/ is just shit. I keep coming here in hopes we can unfuck ourselves, but you can wish in one and and piss in the other, just don't wipe your face with the piss hand.
>>
There was a guy who decoded signals his grandpa had recorded on tapes with a ham radio. There were black and white images of engineer looking guys in a cave with a floating vehicle at the center. Some text also got decoded from the signals. It was cool to follow. I wish I saved the images.
>>
File: chanpasta3.png (588 KB, 1387x4321) Image search: [Google]
chanpasta3.png
588 KB, 1387x4321
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.