[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witches in your local lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 3d.png (267 KB, 550x771) Image search: [Google]
3d.png
267 KB, 550x771
Sup /x/, never seen a thread about this and was curious.

Are witches a thing in your local lore? Do they have specific names, traits, or significance? Do you have any stories, personal or that you've heard from someone?

Let's make a thread about these sp00py ladies and how they are supposed to be according to your local lore.

>in b4 fat wiccan goth grill that casts love spells and worships her cat
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga
>>
>>17841922
witch lives a mile down the road, always make a cross sign when passing by
>>
Lots of Wicca and ancient pagan and celtic witch ritual around where i live, witches generally being harmless, crazy hags that predict shit , we call them Gwrachod in my language
>>
We have the "Drud", which is derived from the high-german (but out of fashion) word Trude for witch. They aren't very witch-like, though. They are cursed people who have to light a candle each night, turn into Druds and steal people's breath by sitting on their chests. Very similar to the Nightmare.
If you find out who is the Drud, you are best off by beating them up right away, otherwise the curse might go over to you. Finding out is actually easy, because if the Drud visited you at night, it's also going to be the first person to visit you in the morning.
I'm sure this lead to a lot of fistfights in the old days.
>>
>>17841922
I'm from new York City, so fat Wicca Goth girls that cast love spells and worships her cat

Prob too populated for actual witches here
>>
Salem, MA reporting in
>>
>>17843892

Connecticut was there way before you.
>>
This is taken from a description of a spooky/haunted road in my town

"One of the legends handed down involves the decomposing and rancid smelling witch Beaula, who is believed to have hung her children and then herself from the Bloods Point Bridge. She has been seen walking late at night as if in search of someone or something as witnessed when you dare to look into her demonic red eyes that openly penetrate the very thing that they are staring back at. It is rumored that by simply laying your eyes on her ominous being you will feel the overpowering urge to run, but you find yourself incapable of doing so as an even stronger urge to vomit takes over even more. Bad luck often follows any living soul that is unfortunate enough to come in contact with this wretched woman who now walks among the restless corpses forever stuck in a dead mans' hell. Beaula's black cat has been known to run in front of vehicles, causing them to swerve to the side of the road where you will most likely find the feline's owner walking along her path."
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.