[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats /x/'s opinion on these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10
File: Femmers.jpg (109 KB, 1000x982) Image search: [Google]
Femmers.jpg
109 KB, 1000x982
Whats /x/'s opinion on these?
>>
>>17841527
Reminds me of a coffin.

I like it.
>>
>>17841527
id like to try it. Hallucinating while sober seems interesting
>>
File: Neural Illusions 7.jpg (163 KB, 780x696) Image search: [Google]
Neural Illusions 7.jpg
163 KB, 780x696
>>17841527
I don't think there are any other people here who have used one so don't expect a lot.

>>17841540
You can do that without the deprivation chamber. Pic related.
>>
I'm going to try one eventually. There's one near me that's always on groupon for cheap.

It's also 24 hours on the weekend which I think is a little weird.
>>
>>17841563
No you can't. I bet you no one has ever tried that and if they did, nothing happened. The isolation tank gets rid of your touch sensation by keeping your body afloat in shallow water. It may also lead your body to lose sensation of what is up and down.
>>
>>17841643
>The isolation tank gets rid of your touch sensation by keeping your body afloat in shallow water. It may also lead your body to lose sensation of what is up and down.
That also happens during meditation. And sleep.

Good job.
>>
>>17841563
I just tried the Purkinje lights thing...pretty cool. Just saw some really neat patterns...
>>
>>17841662
>Happens during meditation. And sleep

Are you being serious or are you retarded? How in the hell do you not stimulate the sensations of touch and hearing during meditation? The slightest noise could ruin a session and you are sitting or laying down which stimulates your touch receptors either on your back or butt.
Also, you aren't conscience when asleep you dingus.
>>
>>17841683
>How in the hell do you not stimulate the sensations of touch and hearing during meditation? The slightest noise could ruin a session and you are sitting or laying down which stimulates your touch receptors either on your back or butt.
You don't do deep meditation, do you?

>Also, you aren't conscience when asleep you dingus.
Are you being serious or are you retarded?
>>
>>17841700
lol, i used to meditate everyday, 1.5 hour sessions. Had many lucid dreams. But even then I was still aware of every little dust particle that landed on my fucking nose cause it got itchy as fuck.

>hurr durr you spelled conscious wrong so im not going to explain why i think im right
yeah good one buddy. Let me know when you come up with an answer.
>>
>>17841533
I personally use it. It is really comfy.
You can have plenty wet dreams with Morrigan.
>>
They're pretty cool.
SWIM tried them twice, once sober and once on ketamine.
They got had an OOBE the second time.
>>
>>17841743
I was considering throwing out my old coffin, Plus it's probably more sanitary and comfortable.

What's the price for one of these fuckers?
>>
>>17841767
>SWIM

didn't realise this was bluelight circa 2006. pardon me.
>>
>>17841772
Never underestimate the reach of government agencies empowered by alien technology.
>>
>>17841777
I'm sure the gubberment have far better things to do.
>>
>>17841784
That's what they WANT you to think!
>>
File: 1466638065764.jpg (22 KB, 256x292) Image search: [Google]
1466638065764.jpg
22 KB, 256x292
>>17841790
Totally...
>>
>>17841770
Well... i didn't paid. I hypnotized the seller.
You know, low budget.
>>
>>17841527
I just looked up a local place that does this. Totally gonna do it next week. Will report if anything cool happens.
>they also do regular massages
Might do this too
>>
>>17841817
aaahhhhh, clever thinking ;)
>>
Too expensive
>>
>>17841837
How much? Roughly.
>>
>>17841527
I took a float trip in a sensory deprivation tank in Nashville Tennessee where all senses were cut off but my personally experience was skewed being that I couldn't get comfortable but nothing extraordinary happened but they had a reflection coloring book post float where I drew some Ayy Lmaos but I wouldn definitely do it again with a more calmed psyche. Basically pretty cool experience if you've been interested in feeling that closed dark feeling, I bet drugs would enhance the experience exponentially.
>>
>>17841712
>my anecdotal experience proves he was right!
>>
File: simpsons-sensory-dep.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
simpsons-sensory-dep.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>17841527
Joe Rogan swears by them if I recall correctly. And the Simpsons featured them in the pre-zombie era.
>You're about to take a journey into the mind.
>You may see and experience things that are strange and frightening.
>But remember, they can't physically harm you, though they may destroy you mentally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFM1SiXgr8A
>>
uhhhhh...what the hell is it?
>>
>>17841850
I've seen them be between $60 and $100 for an hour, with groupon deals around $35.
>>
File: waking-life.png (887 KB, 1366x736) Image search: [Google]
waking-life.png
887 KB, 1366x736
>>17842029
It's a tank full of water that closes to complete blackness, you float in it and the lack of sensory activity causes your mind to hallucinate. See: >>17841563

Sensory deprivation tanks have also been argued by some to be an easy kick-off into astral projection states where people may experience or perceive things they are certain were real, like seeing something happen on a street corner by your house that actually happened and wasn't a hallucination. Or people might just enter a lucid dream type state where their imagination becomes vivid and real like waking life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rg0l0hhx_4.
>>
>>17842041
I'm more interested in owning one :)
>>
Hell, if Joe Rogan swears by them, they're probably quite an experience.

Considering he has basically done every psychedelic on earth.
>>
File: 1461781021058.gif (2 MB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1461781021058.gif
2 MB, 420x420
>>17842041
Considering I've dropped $180 to skydive before which lasted all of 3 minutes, $100 for an hour in the trip tube doesn't sound that bad...
Might look one up.
>>
>>17842285
How is skydiving?
>>
File: 1452119642868.jpg (105 KB, 960x864) Image search: [Google]
1452119642868.jpg
105 KB, 960x864
>>17842349
You owe it to yourself to do it once before you die.
It is fucking fantastic. Before I first tried it in 2013, I was worried it was unsafe, but the opposite's true.
The chute opens at a certain altitude automatically so you could be asleep and it'll still pop open, it's EXTREMELY easy to control your fall, you have to go with a trainer your first 2 times, and take my word, get the biggest asshole you can find.
My trainer CONSTANTLY made smartass little comments ("I hope nothing bad happens like last time.", "Christ I hope you make it, I've been having some shitty luck lately.") and for whatever reason, it was seriously comforting, like I knew I was in safe hands.
>>
>>17842381
Haha, sounds awesome.
>>
>>17842389
Like I said, it's around $200 to fall two miles in about 4 minutes, so yea.
If you have some disposable cash, by all means, go for it.
>>
>>17841617

Late night trips in the tank on a hit of acid sounds like a fun time
>>
amazing, definitely worth a few goes. You have to get used to it, but you can really unplug in an hour in these tanks. WORTH.
>>
>>17842087
I looked it up and it looks like you can get some eldritch looking monstrosities for the low price of $5 or $6k. For one like the OP posted, it looks like you can expect to drop $20k+.
>>
>>17842412
Strongly considering it :)

>>17842444
I'm tempted to make my own, What would I need, an inflatable pool and lid basically?
>>
>>17842470
I haven't used one, but, uh, no, I don't think so. They're lightproof and soundproof and I believe the water is filtered, salted, and kept at a particular temperature.
>>
It is so comforatbale its like you cant even feel it
>>
>>17842470
http://www.zenfloatco.com/blog-pages/2015/9/29/diy-vs-float-tent
>>
>>17842478
Masking tape, bath salts and a heater.

Some of these pools do have temperature controls
>>
>>17842487
Whatever.
>>
>>17842483
Thanks for this.

>>17842489
I'm fairly DIY minded, and cheap lol ;)
>>
>>17842497
You're not going to get the true experience going cheap here. Maybe it's worthwhile for you to build yourself a meditation chamber and that's fine, but it's not going to be like a sensory deprivation tank if you're using epsom salt and masking tape.
>>
More than enough to carry bodies.
>>
Flotation location dot com
>>
>>17842504
I live in a rural area, there's nowhere like this remotely close to me, building something similar is really the only option.

And I don't quite fancy dropping $20 odd thousand
>>
>>17842521
Or you could do it in a big city next time you travel to one
>>
File: samadhi.jpg (56 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
samadhi.jpg
56 KB, 480x480
Don't forget about the Dark Retreat method which is an ancient Tibetan Buddhist method of reaching the same state.

For them it would be done by going into a cave to the depth that no light exists and extinguishing their candle, but the same thing can be done by going into a bathroom or windowless room and turning off the lights, covering the bottom of the door etc.

Enough period spent in a pitch black room in perfect silence can cause intense visions and spiritual phenomena. Sometimes people feel like they are no longer alone and are surrounded by spirits, sometimes they have waking dreams of flying, it can be pretty intense. Not that I've ever done it yet.
>>
I've honestly never actually hallucinatied while in the chamber but auditory hallucinations are a given.
>>
If you go to a cheap one it's probably shit.
I tried it once and could hear people walking around outside.
>>
I didn't felt a thing all the time I was in there. What a waste of time and money.
>>
>>17841533
My nigga
>>
>>17842275
no not really he have not even tried acid
>>
>>17841527
Looks like a toe with a loose toenail, swimming in the wound juice.
>>
>>17841527
I don't like getting water in my ears.
>>
How's this paranormal again?
>>
>>17841527
They're evil, waste money, and ruin your life.

By the way what's that thing she's inside of?
>>
>>17844058
Made me chuckle.
>>
File: Tutanhkamun_jackal.jpg (55 KB, 667x500) Image search: [Google]
Tutanhkamun_jackal.jpg
55 KB, 667x500
>>17841527
I want one but they're so fucking exspress. What wouldn't give to knot some boypussy in secondlife while I immersed my self in there. Just lay there for hours with my vibrator in my doodle hole.
>>
>>17841817
>>17841824
fucking cancer
>>
>>17841527
I tried it a few years ago. Shit. Nothing happened. I got bored and masturbated in it.
>>
Vice did a piece on them. 1/3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYglCDgpu0
>>
2/3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fRTk9F9FGU
>>
3/3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0AcjQzpDY8
>>
>>17844936
i recognize this skinny faggot. He's the guy who makes a living out of taking heroic doses of psychedelics
>>
I tried it. When I was 19, I was obsessed with psychoactive substances, lucid dreaming/astral projection and the work of Terrence McKenna. One day I was traveling in a city bigger than mine and I found out they had sensory deprivation tanks, so I decided to give it a go:

>Receptionist warns me not to get the very salty water in my eyes
>I go into the room and get in the tank
>After a short time, I feel a stinging between my legs
>Wtf.gif
>Try to ignore it but it gets worse
>Instinctively lift my head
>Water drips off my hair into my eyes
>Ow_motherfucker.jpeg
>Spend the rest of my session sulking in the shower

When I leave, receptionist asks how it was. I explain honestly and she says that 2 other girls my age complained about the same thing (in four years of her working there). She told me that teenagers have a different skin pH level than fully grown adults and certain sensitive areas on some individuals can react badly to the high level of epsom salts.

She apologised and gave me a full refund.
>>
File: CNC.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
CNC.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>17842504
DIY is a great way to meditate, or let out some pent up aggression. I'm a machinist by trade, which is kind of like professional DIY. I do a lot of screaming, cussing, and beating shit with a sledgehammer day in and day out. Do a lot of heavy lifting too. After work though I'm usually a happy, and laid back guy who's in pretty good shape. It's very cathartic, and satisfying. No need to go to the gym, pray to Jesus, learn about chakras, or any such retarded shit. Just fucking build something real, and useful instead. Webm related. Look how satisfying that shit is.

I'm planning to build a forge in my back yard. Beating a hunk of molten steel into a blade is not only great exercise and meditation, there's also no shortage of people willing to pay good money for a high quality kitchen knife, or autists wanting to buy functional swords and shit.
>>
>>17843330
YOU GET WATER IN YOUR EARS IN THERE?!?!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>17846066
Beautiful
>>
>>17841643
>The tank gets rid of your touch sensation
Every part of your body in contact with the water has its "touch sense" activated ya dingus.
>>
>>17841527
I feel like its a fad thatll die out pretty soon. "No sense of touch." Except for the fact that your floating in 3 feet of water. You can still hear, hell what you hear is probably apmlified since your just in a big echo chamber. The only thing you dont experience is sight. And that point you may as well close your eyes and go to sleep instead of sit in the tub. Its whole thing is like, "oh so weird, you cant sense anything" but youre gonna end up wet in a dark noisey tube and bump into the walls like a tard.
>>
>>17841540
/thread
>>
>>17844058
topkek
>>
>>17841712
"There is no nose. There is no dust." -- Bodhi Bing Baddhaboom
>>
I was in one of these as an experiment for a TV show last year.

A full sensory deprivation chamber, but just a floation/isolation chamber.

Very distressing, very nightmarish, wouldn't recommend it
>>
>>17844780
My sides have left the solar system.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.