[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Vampire Fiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Hoytema 39.gif (831 KB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
Hoytema 39.gif
831 KB, 500x207
What's the best piece of vampire fiction?

Not necessarily the best kind of vampire but the best execution of it in a narrative.

My money's on pic related. Let the Right One In presented vampirism in a nuanced and concise way that directly served the story. No expository moments of "our kind have walked in the shadows for 10,000 bla bla bla"
>>
>>17841370
Vampire the Masquerade. Just read the sourcebooks. Avoid actually playing it. Might play Bloodlines. It's the most fleshed-out and least fluffy vamp franchise I've ever seen.
>>
File: blood_PNG6163.png (836 KB, 1800x796) Image search: [Google]
blood_PNG6163.png
836 KB, 1800x796
>>17841370
Let the right one is is fairly accurate, In my humble opinion.
>>
File: blood_PNG6119.png (2 MB, 3285x2334) Image search: [Google]
blood_PNG6119.png
2 MB, 3285x2334
*in

I despise autocorrect...
>>
>>17841414
What's bloodlines?
>>
>>17842102
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It's a pc vidya.
>>
File: 1449107200200.jpg (92 KB, 640x916) Image search: [Google]
1449107200200.jpg
92 KB, 640x916
>>17843240
/tg/ has a constant WoD general, but if you go lurk it you're going to be super confused because they're discussing multiple editions of about a dozen product lines. Not that it's not worth it, they'd all got some really interesting content.

The video game is based on the best version of their most popular line: the vampire one.

The concept isn't too difficult. You play as a vampire. You need to drink blood to heal wounds and fuel your supernatural powers, but you have to be discrete about it, because rule number one is to keep up the fiction that monsters don't exist. You have a number of clans to choose from, each having a different sort of character and somewhat different powers.

The real draw is the feel of it. It's hard to describe.
>>
>>17841439
I bought this one recently, looking forward to it
>>
File: blood-005.jpg (396 KB, 786x363) Image search: [Google]
blood-005.jpg
396 KB, 786x363
>>17843240
Ahh

>>17844451
Enjoy
>>
just wanted to add thirst (2009)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762073/

it's one i saw late at night while i was half awake at my parents house and it felt like a fever dream
>>
>>17843426
this game is something else. I've honestly not been so immersed in a game sense I played it several years ago. I recommend it quite often and, even though it's a bit niche thematic content, usually friends who try it are really impressed by the story-telling and RPG elements.

Only warning is that this might set the bar too high for future games you play. Incredibly rare to find games this well done from an atmospheric standpoint--the world around the character is just something you've gotta experience. That said, hella bugs, you need some patches, questionable pacing near the last third. But God damn what I would've give to play it for the first time again.
>>
>>17841370
Anne Rice's Vampire chronicles
>>
>>17841414
In high school (late 90s) me and my friends used to play the pen an paper game in my parent's basement. it is fun as hell if you have someone who can make up a good story
>>
>>17846599
The first two were groundbreaking, but it slid from there. The third was good, but it burned a lot of ground. She was obviously intending to end things there. But then for some reason (presumably money) she came back to it. Body Thief was dumb, Memnoch the Devil was Catholicism wank, and I haven't bothered with the stuff since. If you tell me she turned it around, I'm simply not going to believe you.

It's a classic example of not quitting while you're ahead. You can tell people to just pretend that she stopped with The Vampire Lestat, but they're not going to be able to listen. If they read the good ones they'll want more too badly to not continue, even knowing they're going to be disappointed.
>>
>>17841370
The original Fright Night, as it was appropriately silly when it needed to be, but was extremely faithful to the lore.
>>
>>17841370
Just to let you guys know, Bloodlines is on Steam's Summer Sale. $5, %75 off.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.