[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creepy sleep deprivation "game"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: d01-1w-009.jpg (41 KB, 398x640) Image search: [Google]
d01-1w-009.jpg
41 KB, 398x640
I know a lot of people talk about seeing ghosts and stuff late in the night, especially in a place they already perceive to be "creepy" or "haunted". While there is more to most paranormal events than just that, I think it IS important to remember the power of the human mind and what we can see when we are subconsciously expecting it or willing it to happen. If you're in a creepy place for long enough, chances are that your mind will wander to the subject of ghosts. You might even see one - or do you just think you're seeing one? It's amazing what we can make ourselves see with the right mindset and a lack of sleep.

To demonstrate this, I've created a "game" for /x/ to try out. Even if you do believe in ghosts 100%, this is still a really creepy thing to do.

It's too long to fit in the OP, so I'll put it in some replies.

Have fun! (pic unrelated)
>>
>>17840701 This is the game:

>1. Be sleep-deprived. I usually go with 4 hours of sleep and then wait until 8pm the next day, but if you wanted to you could do even less.

>2. Place a small figure (I use a LEGO minifigure - anything around that size is good) a couple of metres away from you.

>3. Make sure your room is dimly lit, but not too dark or too bright - you want to be able to see the figure, but not make out too much detail.

>4. Stare at the figure and try to make its limbs move with your mind. This is kinda hard to explain, but basically you just "pretend" that it is moving and try to "focus" on these pretend movements as if they were actually there.

> 5. These movements have to be very slight - I just pretend the figure is moving its arms slightly as if it was walking slowly, and lolling its head around a bit.

> 6. After about 20-50 seconds, you will start to actually "see" the figure make these movements.

> 7. The movements become stronger and more exaggerated the longer you focus - if you try and picture the same things I did (see step 5) the figure will look like its being possessed - i.e. convulsing, writhing.

>8. After about a minute of staring at the figure, you can stop willing it to "move" and it will continue to do so anyway, even if you move closer to it. This usually lasts only 10-20 seconds but it is creepy as fuck.
>>
>>17840701
Don't encourage sleep deprivation. Fuck off.

http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/matters/consequences

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleep-deprivation-effects-on-memory

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656292/
>>
>>17840856
I'm not suggesting you do this every day and you know it. That would be insane.

Everyone pulls an all-nighter once in a while, this just gives you something creepy to do while you do it.
>>
>>17840704
how the hell did you sleep that night
i mean it sounds wicked (ngl i kinda wanna try it) but wtf
i'd be rocking back and forth crying
>>
AM CALLIN AM CALLIN!
>>
You don't even need to be sleep deprived for that shit to work, it's just an extra layer of edge to attract kids.

This game works the same was as the mirror in a dim room "game".
>>
Fuck hope they fast.
Seems there's more than one here!
>>
Something similar happened to me the other night. I had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep the night before and was up all day (any anons with kids know the struggle). Anyway i was lurking /x/ on my phone and while browsing the catalog I noticed many of the thread pictures seemed to have motion not unlike a .gif. it became more pronounced as i stared at it until i finally went to sleep. Not too spoopy but pretty neat. Definitely not something Id do everyday though. Id also see bugs crawling where there are none and people peeking around dark corners in the house. 8/10 recommend you try it just once but don't make a habit out of it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.