[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's something on my roof /x/. I'm not normally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (1 KB, 188x146) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
1 KB, 188x146
There's something on my roof /x/. I'm not normally one to get freaked out. I can debunk things after listening to them a few times. But there's something on my roof right now. It keeps walking and scratching and stopping. Then I can hear the heavy sound of it scooting along. Jesus Christ I'm about to cry. Fucking help. I've never suffered from mental illness other than depression. Whatever this is is making feel complete dread. I'm paralyzed in bed. I have those hairs standing on the back of my head all over. Jesus Christ I might record it and put it online so I'm not insane.
>>
Go outside and try recording it.
If you're too scared to do that, record the sounds from inside the house so it'll prove you're not a loony.
Either way, post results
>>
>>17839624
I have my Dr 05 recording right now. I can't even leave my bed. I feel like something is waiting
>>
>>17839646
sending you courageous vibes. do it for science and for your own peace of mind.
>>
do u have any weapons? if so arm yourself. are there any windows or doors in ur bedroom? if so block them off, ESPECIALLY if they lead outside. good luck anon and dont die
>>
I got a snippet of recording. I'll try editing it really quick
>>
Sorry op it's me. I was just using your wifi. I'll go home.
>>
pray to whatever gods you think are willing to listen. Christ, buddha, allah, charles manson, make sure you got all of your bases covered.

on a serious note, just reverse image searched this shit, no other matching results.

best bet now is to barricade, arm yourself, and be ready for whatever shit is about to go down
>>
It's been nearly ten minutes, rip OP
>>
Good night sweet principal
>>
>>17839685
it's from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3QVlT9FHBk
>>
>>17839685
I reverse image searched it on Google and it gave me pics of the Rake.. But yeah he got this image online. He might be lying? I don't know if the pic is related to his situation. But if it is it's bait. Let him give us audio, and so it's authentic yell "Alex is a fucking nigger" and see what it does
>>
>>17839700
fuck, I feel like an idiot. I've seen that vod before, too.
>>
File: 4L_VUfptGe3.png (86 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
4L_VUfptGe3.png
86 KB, 640x960
>>
OP here, just nabbed a random pic of the web. I got a snippet of audio but it still isn't that clear even though I worked on it a bit.
>>
>>17839611

Fucking idiot. We had all kinds of things walking across our roof here, like birds wild ferrets and martens. We had one marten digging his way into the insulation of our roof, waking up everybody inside.

Don't jump to conclusions, you're just scared because your imagination tells you it's bigfoot with 3 aliens in his ass, looking to spray paint your roof. Just stay inside, lcok the windows and the doors and try to sleep. Check things out in the morning, if something is broken or damaged, call the police.
>>
>>17839711
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1CEQoJO7e45

If anyone think they might be decent at audio editing i could upload the wav
>>
Also, should I record myself giving a quick hit on the ceiling?
>>
>>17839720
yeah, but with video this time if possible
i want to see some spooky shit
>>
>>17839726
will record a video after i'm done posting this more clear clippet. I got

>>17839715
Do you think this sound could be a bird? Like, i'm asking seriously. I want this to be a bird.

https://clyp.it/qbo0sewi
>>
>>17839726
Did it one time with no response. I'll do it a few more times.
>>
>>17839731
hm, sounds like boards creaking.
>>
>>17839738
This house isn't that old, but when it does creak i can tell. It's a completely different sound. I'm wondering if that other anon is right and it might be some animal burrowing into the roof.
>>
>>17839746
Do you have any trees close to your house or exposed downspouts?
>>
>>17839746
It's probably a bird, but you should get on that roof and film it. might even scare it off.
>>
>>17839749
We have one but it's branches don't reach the house even when blown.
>>
>>17839754
Could be a large bird, but I'm not sure. I've had raccoons climb up before and they're fucking obnoxious.

Can rule out owl walking but you would have heard it hoot by now.
>>
>>17839731
Could you maybe try and get a longer recording next time?
>>
>>17839731
It does sound like beams, but I've heard sea birds that sound like that before. Not sure what type of bird it was, but they sound like kazoos.
>>
>>17839772
I would but lately it's been pretty silent. A few footsteps here and there. If it went nonstop I'd love to show you but it's been going in shortbursts
>>
>>17839776
Don't live by the sea. I live in the middle of Missouri. Smack dab in the middle of nowhere. It just went on again and I jabbed the wooden sword at the ceiling. Just silence.
>>
>>17839781
Smack
>>
>>17839611

It could also be a wounded animal, like a bird with a broken wing or something. Hard to tell, but there is a high chance that it isn't the rake creature, or some skinwalker. It'll be probably just something ordinary. It could also be a cat with some half dead mouse in it's mouth, playing with it, or simply a branch that broke off and is rolling over your roof. You can hit against the wall or your ceiling from inside and see it moves or disappears. Most animals are shy and would run off.
>>
>>17839791
honestly i was just wondering if I was going insane. Between this and what sounds like scuttling in the walls I've been on the fritz at night
>>
File: 1441859507132.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1441859507132.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>>17839611
>I might record it and put it online so I'm not insane.

Well waht's stopping you kid?
>>
Op is kill, may he rest well.
>>
>>17839611

>>17839700
>>17839710
RP failed, OP BTFO.
>>
>>17840193
you troglodyte i literally said i pulled up a random pic read the fucking thread you dumb ted cruz lover
>>
Good job stealing some kids video from i don't even know how long ago faggot
>>
File: 2292989-cover.jpg (62 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2292989-cover.jpg
62 KB, 1920x1080
>>17841172
>not reading the thread
>>
probably santa OP
>>
>>17839611
sounds like you got spooked by a raccoon
>>
>>17841116
OP, are you kill?
>>
OP do you have any native wildlife or pets? rats can get into the ceiling and make those sounds
>>
>>17842304
Not Op but Missouri has rats mice racoons opossums and shit like that so
>>
>>17839611
Santa might have come early, bud. Remember that things like monsters and silly skinwalkers do not exist. It's all made up. What I do is, I turn on the lights, put in my headphones and listen to Mozart's Great Mass in c minor. It works for me whenever I'm spooked from reading /x/ posts. If you're religious, pray to whomever you believe in, asking for strength. Everything will be better tomorrow. You'll be able to check it out then. What if it's just a poor bird with a broken wing who sought refuge in your attic? Good luck, op.
>>
>>17839611
Do you suffer from sleep paralysis?
>>
>>17839611
Same thing's happened to me a coue times. I've heard what sounds like somebody dragging/scraping a twig against the ceiling/attic floor coming from directly above my head.

We have lots of trees but I doubt it was one of those because it sounded like a small object rather than a large branch with leaves. And since there's an attic on the floor above, I don't think anything scraping on the roof would have sounded as crystal clear as it did.

I don't think it was an animal either because it wasn't a scratching sound; it was slower and more drawn out like a dragging/scraping sound. It only lasted for about 1-4 seconds every time, but would happen several times in a row then go quite for a while.
>>
File: lost.jpg (41 KB, 537x536) Image search: [Google]
lost.jpg
41 KB, 537x536
guaranteed it's a raccoon OP. they have little claws shaped like human hands and they scratch and try to get into your attic and shit. shoot it
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>17839715
This, it's probably a squirrel, raccoon, or armadillo, or at least that's what it would most likely be where I live. Armadillos have given me many a spook, they look so strange and primitive when you shine a light on them in the dark. They can get pretty big, too.
>>
Don't be afraid, go to sleep. It will go away by morning. I promise.

Don't get out of bed, don't make noise.
>>
>>17839703
He never said pic related, nor did he even mentioning taking a picture already. Stop being a skeptic ass hat and hear him out.
Besides, that picture is pretty damn well-known among the cryptid-hunter audience.
>>
>>17839611
Could be a bird or a racoon. Maybe a racoon nest, from the sounds of it.
>>
I feel like I've seen this before...
>>
>inb4 it's a racoon or some shit
>>
>>17845651
>raccoon
this

these little fuckers can make a shitload of noise, i have one who visits me every week and when winter is coming he has his friends with him.
i once almost suffered a heart attack when i was going to the toilet at night and a raccoon was standing in the window(yes standing) and looking for into my house
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.