[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me identify
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /x/ I don't usually go to this board so I don't know if this is the place to ask but I recently helped my Catholic Mother redo her bathroom and she always had this cross (pic is cross) hanging from the light fixture and I remember seeing that it looked a little different from most crosses (i.e. The slant on the top of the cross and the words written on it) since we were remodeling we had to take it down and I wanted to find out where it came from and why it has the slant, so would you guys help me out by identifying it?
>>
wording seems to be "nueva" = "new" (i think)
maybe it is broken? wooden crosses usually do split somewhere, but mainly along the grain.
Perhaps a part of it chipped off the top, and more was removed to make it neater?
>>
by the way, your photo is shitty.
how about closer, and more shots of the top part from different angles? less flash might help make out the vertical lettering
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
OP here, I took a better picture without the flash so maybe you guys could find out what the longer word says
>>
>>17838401
The writing is ineligible, but it looks like it was hand made and that the slant on top was clearly intentional, but the other tips are not as sharp.

The only other cross I could think of with a slanted top is the methodist cross.

Also this:>>17838408
>>
>>17838401
I remember crosses like this being called "pieces of the true cross", don't know if that helps.
>>
File: image.jpg (942 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
942 KB, 3264x2448
Here's another picture, it doesn't look like the top part snapped off, the cut is too clean to be broken, it looks like it was made like that
>>
>>17838419
OP here, I tried googling pieces of true cross but nothing with the odd slant showed up, so that may not be it
>>
>>17838416
damn OP, you never used a camera or something? get closer than that. Jesus.
>>
>>17838416
Hispanic?
Pretty sure the small word is "nueva" or "nuevo" in spanish--new
>>
>>17838445
Yeah Hispanic, my mother is Colombian
>>
vertical lettering = resurecion?
i dunno tho, need to get closer than that if you want answers OP, in life, and in this thread.
>>
>>17838445
Follow-up: the big word looks to be e***c/g-ion. I'm pretty sure that's just a cheap souvenir cross that's warped and chipped over time
>>
>>17838423
>>17838416
>>17838401
It looks like spanish for New.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.