[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaudiya Vaishnava General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 16
File: Maha_vishnu.jpg (133 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Maha_vishnu.jpg
133 KB, 600x800
Krishna.com

Purebhakti.com

Vedabase.com
>>
>>17838079
Quit spamming this all the time, you're just as annoying as the christfags are.
>>
File: 1466557073633.jpg (88 KB, 425x640) Image search: [Google]
1466557073633.jpg
88 KB, 425x640
>>17838079
are there dogs in hinduism?
>>
>>17838083
You didn't have to reply.
>>17838084
Kala Bhairava is often accompanied by a dog.
>>
>>17838079
hi OP. Cool thread. not much going on in it atm tho
>>
>>17838079
Christ consciousness is the same in essence and nature as Krishna consciousness. Discuss.
>>
Krishnafag pls go. Or stay, actually. Posting on this garbage website shows how much of a meme your shitty ideology is.
>>
>>17838509
fagfag pls go. Or don't stay, actually. Posting on this garbage website shows how much of a shitty ideology your meme is.
>>
>>17838504
It is similar, but the science of such consciousness is more elaborately explained by Gaudiya Vaishnava acharyas, such as in the Nectar of Devotion by Rupa Goswami.
>>17838509
Krsna consciousness should be preached everywhere, even in the cesspool that is 4chan.
>>
>>17838635
>Krsna consciousness should be preached everywhere, even in the cesspool that is 4chan.

how honorable
>>
>>17838079
>Krishna.com
>Purebhakti.com
>Vedabase.com
what do I do with these sites
>>
>>17838635
>Krsna consciousness
explain this concept
>>
>>17838664
Read some of the articles and try to digest the information.
>>17838668
As spirit souls, we all have a unique and personal relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Krsna. Somehow or other we have lost this link and have fallen into the endless cycle of birth and death. Having taken millions of birth among the different species of life, we have been gifted the rare birth of human life which gives us the opportunity to return to the source. Bhakti Yoga is the process of revitalizing this connection by absorbing the mind in God (such as his name, form, qualities and activities). Chanting the names of Krsna is the most potent form of meditation in this age of Kali Yuga.
>>
Gaudiya? What a joke.
>we live in a specific age, nothing but bhakti yoga can lead to liberation
>the youngest, cheesiest "hindu" sect is the best, guys
literally no thank you.
Your proselytism is kind of shameful, and especially harmful. Instead of introducing people to the beauty of Hinduism and allowing them to follow the darshanas that they are attracted to, you're trying to funnel people into your shitty little sect, trying to confine people in a shitty little box.

Bhakti is just one of the four yogas, and just because it says it's the "highest" one in some of the writings, in most of the other ones, it is characterized as the lowest or the second lowest, fit for people of a low or middling capacity. Saying bhakti is the ONLY yoga of liberation in this age is harmful. Actually, I change my mind. It's not harmful, because anyone who gets into it and is of a higher capacity will realize the limitations of both bhakti AND Gaudiya, and they'll move on, away from your little sect, and towards something greater. So yeah, keep it up, grab all the retards who fall through the net and indoctrinate them into your sect. The ones who stay prove their low capacity, and so they're perfect for your pseudo-bhakti iskcon-level cult.
>>
>>17838820
No one is forcing you to join the Bhakti tradition. However, it should be made available to those who are best suited for this yoga system.

As Krishna says in the Bhagavad Gita

>everyone follows my path in all respects, o son of prtha
>>
File: Aghora2.gif (599 KB, 1150x832) Image search: [Google]
Aghora2.gif
599 KB, 1150x832
>>17838084
Dogs are the vahana (vehicle) of Bhairava (Terrifying) in Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism).

Basically means a dog brings gods love.

Bhairava is the term for god in my tradition and is called terrifying cause witnessing the infinite bliss of the ultimate reality is no joke; its literally infinitely terrifying!
>>
File: Bhairava9.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Bhairava9.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
>>17838098
You know it!
>>
tell me about the status of elephants in hinduism
>>
File: krishna-kalpa-vriksha.jpg (253 KB, 800x985) Image search: [Google]
krishna-kalpa-vriksha.jpg
253 KB, 800x985
Lovely talk from HDG Radhanath Swami where he gives an overview of his journey with the Himalayan Yogis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xvn8vHGzM

0:00- 13:45: anecdote of Bhakti Tirtha Swami, detachment and compassion, impetus to write The Journey Home
13:45 - 26:30: traveling to 1970s Hrisikesa, giving up identity
26:30 - 41:00: messages from Mother Ganga, lying and crying and dying for peanuts, a Chicago suburban in a jungle cave
(probably the best part) 41:00 - 55:45: meeting Kailash Baba, harmony in humility, associating with saintly people
55:45 - 1:16:38: calculating caves, seeing the siddhis of the sadhus, miracles everywhere, meeting Srila Prabhupada (audio choppy in this part), bhakti-yoga
>>
File: 1462500160996.jpg (157 KB, 300x385) Image search: [Google]
1462500160996.jpg
157 KB, 300x385
>you will never witness Kalki the Avenger slaughtering millions upon millions of those who bear the stamp of the fallen ages
>you will never be part of The Horde of Bhagavan, The Last Battalion that sweeps this terrestrial sphere like a cleansing fire
>you will never see the rise of the final Avatar and the end of Kali Yuga
>you won't even get to see another Man Against Time appear in your lifetime
Why live?
>>
File: 1464168587048.jpg (61 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
1464168587048.jpg
61 KB, 500x441
What's the most correct way of counting the yugas?
>>
File: vedic timecycle.gif (33 KB, 600x430) Image search: [Google]
vedic timecycle.gif
33 KB, 600x430
>>17841009
The Srimad-Bhagavatam (3rd Canto, Ch. 11) gives the length of the yugas:

>SB 3.11.18 — Maitreya said: O Vidura, the four millenniums are called the Satya-, Tretā-, Dvāpara- and Kali-yuga. The aggregate number of years of all of these combined is equal to twelve thousand years of the demigods.
>SB 3.11.19 — The duration of the Satya millennium equals 4,800 years of the years of the demigods; the duration of the Tretā millennium equals 3,600 years of the demigods; the duration of the Dvāpara millennium equals 2,400 years; and that of the Kali millennium is 1,200 years of the demigods.

A year to us is as a day to the devas. Their year, roughly, is 360 years to us. The length of the yugas can be worked out to:

Satya - 1,728,000 ys
Treta - 1,296,000 ys
Dvapara - 864,000 ys
Kali - 432,000 ys

Stephen Knapp has done a nice corroborative review here:
http://www.stephen-knapp.com/timings_of_the_four_yugas.htm

In the 12th Canto, it describes when Kali Yuga started, coinciding with Krishna leaving the planet.

>SB 12.2.29 — The Supreme Lord, Viṣṇu, is brilliant like the sun and is known as Kṛṣṇa. When He returned to the spiritual sky, Kali entered this world, and people then began to take pleasure in sinful activities.
>SB 12.2.30 — As long as Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa, the husband of the goddess of fortune, touched the earth with His lotus feet, Kali was powerless to subdue this planet.
>SB 12.2.31 — When the constellation of the seven sages is passing through the lunar mansion Maghā, the Age of Kali begins. It comprises twelve hundred years of the demigods.

According to scholars of the Surya Siddhanta, the date described was in the year 3102 BCE.
>>
>>17841091
I guess Kali Yuga won't end anytime soon then. Is there any reason to stay pure instead of just descending into decadence and embrace the fallen age? It's not like we'll see the light again in our lifetime anyways. There won't be another avatar until the final one.
>>
>>17841109
The Brahma Vaivarta Purana, and Lord Chaitanya. The Purana describes Lord Krishna speaking with Mother Ganga, saying how after 5000 years of Kali Yuga, a special 10,000 year grace period will begin.

http://www.bvashram.org/prophecy-of-the-golden-age-from-brahma-vaivarta-purana/

>The blessed Lord said: On the earth 5,000 years of kali will be sinful and sinners will deposit their sins in you by bathing.
>Thereafter by the sight and touch of those who worship me by my mantra, all those sins will be burnt.

500 years ago, Lord Chaitanya brought the maha-mantra to the forefront, and sowed the seed of this Golden Age.

Not only this, Kali Yuga has the most accessible and easiest path back to Godhead precisely because of how degraded the age is. In one sense, this is a blessing.

We have the chance - right now - to be a founder of a 10,000 year Golden Age of spiritual growth. We have Krishna fully invested in His name with us. Bhakti is spreading more globally than at any other point in recorded history. What BETTER time to be alive?

> Bg 11.33 — Therefore get up. Prepare to fight and win glory. Conquer your enemies and enjoy a flourishing kingdom. They are already put to death by My arrangement, and you, O Savyasācī, can be but an instrument in the fight.

Krishna's desires will happen. The only question is whether we choose to be a part of it.

Haribol
>>
>>17838497
jesus sits with the serpent but resists it's influence. he is at peace with the snake and the snakes sit behind the crown.
satanic as fuck notice the snakes are higher jesus's crown. jesus is influenced by the snakes gaze.

man rests on the snakes that descend and ascend from the root. the lord rests above the crown. Lord is seen and unseen as is the snake.
and the unseen hides within man.
As above so below.
>>
File: Shiva43.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Shiva43.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
>>17841776
Hinduism is older than Christianity.
>>
File: sonnerat1782.jpg (56 KB, 872x579) Image search: [Google]
sonnerat1782.jpg
56 KB, 872x579
>>17841776
It doesn't really work to mix up symbols from different traditions. The serpent here has nothing to do with Satan or negative influence.

Ananta Sesha is an eternal companion of Vishnu. Actually, there is no difference between Vishnu and Sesha Naga - both are Supreme, plenary portions of the Godhead - though they are distinct personalities. Ananta means endless, Sesha means "that which remains." He symbolizes both the endless glories of the Lord (which he forever espouses with his infinite mouths), the movement of time, and what remains after the material universe is unmanifest.

The hoods of Adi Sesha are shown above Vishnu because he is acting as a resting place for Vishnu, and his heads are creating shade for Vishnu. Similar to palanquins like in pic. The height of the hoods isn't a dominance image, it's a position of subservience.
>>
File: 1465536066658.jpg (880 KB, 2560x1365) Image search: [Google]
1465536066658.jpg
880 KB, 2560x1365
>>17842363
>>17842276
i agree with shiva because when is he ever wrong. The symbols are always switched and changed to fit whatever works with the populations identity. But we are all the same. World religions have more in common with each other than one would expect. That's the point i was trying to make with my first post. but i came off really stupid. wasn't thinking just typing.
>>
>>17841165
So when exactly is it? Not during the 2000 - 3000 AD era?
>>
>>17844750
If the numbers are exact, the Golden Age started in 1898. Coincidentally (I say coincidence because I am not in a position to say if they are related), Srila Prabhupada appeared on this Earth in 1896.

Either way, I'm uncertain what you are looking for in terms of signs of a Golden Age. I highly doubt it will entail a significant increase in material comfort and luxury.

Actually, my understanding is the beginning of Kali Yuga actually has a rise in material comfort due to scientific progress. It's towards the end that the Earth stops producing and people resort to cannibalism and lose all their vestiges of humanity. After the predicted Golden Age, Earth will slowly develop to become like the subterranean heavenly planets described in the Bhagavatam (5.24.8-14).
>>
>>17845620
I don't care about materialism. I just want to see this >>17840017
>>
Can krishna poo in loo?
>>
Haribol, bump to help those who might actually be interested in finding the divine truth
>>
>>17846703
But why?

1) The maha-mantra IS Krishna. Fully. In a sense, MORE than Kalki, who is a Yuga-Avatar and expansion of Ksirodakasayi Vishnu.
2) Vishnu said Kalki would be born to a family of brahmanas, which is to expect some line of bhakti will extend to this time. However, the environment for Kalki's advent has devotees hunted and killed for sport, or hiding in caves and forests.
3) Kalki is the "final" avatar the same way winter is the "final" season.

But if your wish is to see and serve Kalki, then by all means go for it. Read the Kalki Purana and perform prayer and austerity with the intention of being present during His appearance. Stephen Knapp has a nice write-up about Kalki predictions:

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/kalki_the_next_avatar_of_God.htm

Not sure what you mean by Man Against Time. The only things I see in my search are a misguided attempt to see Nazism as a force of Vishnu. Certainly there are great devotees on Earth to associate with now. Even Vyasadeva and Nara-Narayana are still on Earth, though they do not manifest to everyone.
>>
>>17847247
Why? Because I want to see this rotten world with all its soulless materialistic inhabitants burn. I want to see the end of this disgusting era and for the eternal cycle of the ages to begin again.
>>
>>17847323
>soulless materialistic inhabitants
There, but for the Grace of God, go I.

All souls are pure, eternal parts and parcels of Krishna. Tolerance and equanimity are the traits of a sadhu. We can look past the material coverings of body and mind to see the soul and Paramatma in every being.

But again, if your desire is to see Kalki, then I would research prayers to Him, rituals dedicated to Him, and perform austerities with this goal in mind. I would expect if all goes well for you to spend a lifetime in the Heavenly planets first, but after you could be reborn on Earth during Kalki's advent.
>>
What do you people think about the theory that Vishnu exists in all indo-european religions but under different names, such as Odin and Apollo?
>>
>>17847400
Seems extremely unlikely. There are very few commonalities between them.
>>
>>17847400
There are parallels found in the pantheons of various cultures. Indra and Zeus I find to be the closest.

Scripturally, this is from the breakdown of a single global culture fracturing over time since the start of Kali Yuga. This would agree with your statement.

Anthropologically, the similarities are taken to be convergent story-telling, indicating a commonality to thought among humans, and thus are considered unrelated.

If the devas are real, then it would make sense to me for humans - global culture or not - to describe them similarly, with cultural differences creating the disparities we see today. It is possible that all the pantheons are the same gem, with different people seeing different facets.

Yet I still think it is dangerous to apply one traditions' symbols and ideas to another's. I think it only leads to confusion and animosity. Note the parallels - and their limits - and continue your path.
>>
>>17838079

Semi off topic, but what pisses me off about CERN, is that people ignorantly say that CERN worships Shiva, when in reality, CERN worships KALI (the enemy of Vishnu and all that is good), and want (and have contract with Kali) to usher a new age of ignorance and lawlessness.

CERN existing puts us very close to actual need for divine intervention.
>>
>>17847247

> Kali’s domain can be found wherever there is gambling and intoxication, as well as where women constantly quarrel. Kali’s favorite places of residence are always causes of fear and danger. The men in these places are controlled by women

I'm pretty sure we're close if not in the said period, LHC having also been built for KALI and by his/hers instructions.

What is most galling is that people (knowingly ?) misattribute the statue to Shiva, and not Kali, who is actually at fault here, and the progenitor of CERN.

We're in serious times here folks.
>>
File: kaali.jpg (22 KB, 236x297) Image search: [Google]
kaali.jpg
22 KB, 236x297
>>17847506
>>17847525

Be sure you are not confusing Kali - the embodiment of the Age of Deterioration - with Kaali - the wrathful form of Durga and a fierce protector of devotees. People talk about CERN and Shiva because there is a statue of Shiva outside the complex, and they misunderstand Shiva's duty of destruction. The statue is a classic representation of Nataraja.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nataraja

While Kaali is sometimes depicted in the Nataraja position, it has no scriptural support that I am aware of. More likely it is a modern amalgamation of this position and the depiction of Kaali standing on Shiva, pic related.

We are in Kali Yuga, and I do not think the budding Golden Age will remove that. I feel it will be a parallel path, one of awareness. The deterioration will be happening, but the devotees shall be aloof, like the lotus flower growing in water yet never touching it. Perhaps not. Perhaps some minor cataclysm will happen and things will shift to the better. Either way, unless I can get myself focused on Krishna none of it will matter. I'll still be trapped in the cycle.
>>
>>17847455
What are some similarities between Vishnu and Zeus?
>>
bump for great thread topic.
here's my two cents:
Kalki is the same as Jesus.
He is incarnate all the time, never dying, never living (True Eternal Life) but this is to be understood as a supreme spiritual state transcending death and life altogether.
This is also in Islam when they say "they killed not Jesus, but God ascended him to heaven and concealed him from the world"
and also matches with Hinduism "God is in the eye of the beholder, the one who has faith sees God everywhere"
so if you want to know if Kalki is real, or in the world, or if Jesus will come back, all you have to do is look within and you will see that it was never hidden, but always observable throughout time and space via subtle senses.
What fault of the light if the eyes are closed?
It is eternal.
>>
>>17847993
none stop conflating everything
>>
>>17848253
Hey sool. Seen you here a couple times. Met a fellow hindu lady. Thino she's connected to me spirituality? I just started reading bhagavad gita. Pdf formy but I will order the book soon. Anyway. I saw a praise Kirtan stickerror on her car and thought how awesome. So I knocked on her winow and said awesome sticker! She said she put it there for sone one tof notice and invited me to service sunday. How awesome? Anyway.
>>
You are a liar.
>>
I have been in the past. But I'm not lying about anything at the moment.
>>
>>17848385
I've seriously changed my life, but in all actuality. I was pretty bad before I had a "kundalini" awakening. I followed a darker way not knowing what happened for 2yrs.
>>
File: spiritual-sky-illustration.jpg (28 KB, 564x380) Image search: [Google]
spiritual-sky-illustration.jpg
28 KB, 564x380
>>17847993
None that I am aware of. Vishnu - if you really want a Greek parallel - could be considered similar to Uranus: the progenitor of the Titans.

>>17848253
I agree and believe the description of the 2nd coming of Christ is a prophecy of the advent of Kalki. However Lord Jesus and Lord Kalki are distinct personalities.

I believe both exist eternally, and those whose devotion attracts them to that personality will eternally reside with them in Vaikuntha. All the avatars and facets of the Godhead have their own region or planet in Vaikuntha. Pic related - each "planet" is the abode of an avatar of the Godhead. The dark circle encompasses all the innumerable material universes. Most abodes are focused on the majestic, powerful "Lord of Lords" facets of the Godhead.

There are descriptions of Vaikuntha and the denizens in the Bhagavatam, Brahma Samhita, and a compilation in the Nectar of Devotion. Stephen Knapp also has a good write up there.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/descriptions_of_the_spiritual_world.htm
(Yes, I plug his work a lot, he is very good at relating these concepts in Western terms.)

>>17848353
Please go. The only thing better than kirtan is the association of devotees.
>>
File: Jiva, I'm A.U.M..jpg (107 KB, 622x512) Image search: [Google]
Jiva, I'm A.U.M..jpg
107 KB, 622x512
Bumping goodnight, found an interesting (potential) form of Vishnu named Vitthale/Vithoba. Heh, truly the origin and master of all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0rBX_T2zmw
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.