[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone make sense of what I'm trying to say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
People say that you have to conquer fear to be successful in life. How can you conquer something that does not exist? Fear is not real. Fear is an illusion you subconsciously create in your mind. Once you have freed your mind, only then will you realise that fear only exists when you create it. Once you expel that illusion from your mind, you will know true peace. When I was younger I feared death, I trembled at the thought of the unknown. I created that fear of death subconsciously because I did not know it, I could not comprehend it, people always fear the unknown. You have to overcome your own subconscious ego to be able to control your mind. Death is a very controversial subject, some fear it, some embrace it. I for one, have made peace with it. I do not fear death. After trying to commit suicide once and thought of trying to again twice afterwards, I really do not see the big fuss around death anymore. Being so close to death, has taught me to not fear it. My past emotions and problems have brought me peace and the ability to control my mind and have taught me a lot about life. When I think about the afterlife, I am still arguing with myself in my head, I cannot decide what I think will happen. The possibilities are literally fucking endless. Do we disappear into nothingness? Do we walk to a paradise that we think of as perfect to our every opinion? Do we become next-dimensional beings? Do we become the stars, the gods of the universe? Do we become pure spiritual energy that is divided into every single photon in the universe that is everything and flows through everything? What happens to our souls? Do we have souls? What is a soul? I still cannot decide... .. What is reality? How would you know if your reality is the same experience as someone else’s? Someone else’s reality could feel, look and be completely different from yours and you wouldn’t even know, because people are too fucking closed minded. 1/2
>>
>>17836826
2/2

Take colour for instance. Try and describe a colour to me, any colour. Your reply would probably sound something like this, “Oh, it looks like ….”. You can’t describe a colour, you can only compare it to something that has a shade of that colour. Do me a favour: try and imagine a new colour, not a different shade of a existing colour, a entirely new colour that doesn’t exist… You can’t, and I fucking hate the human brain for limiting that creativity. Why do we only use 10-15% of our brains working capacity? Imagine what humanity would be able to accomplish if we had just 40%!!.....What is life? Is it a simulation like the matrix? Is it an illusion that exists from inside our minds? Is it our reality? Is it what we make it? What is the purpose of life? What created us? Do the creators influence our lives at all, or do they sit back and watch as humanity fuck up its own existence? When we die, do we go to the afterlife or are we reborn into another life? Do we really have control over our own lives, or is control only another illusion? What do you think about karma? Does every action really have a opposite and equal reaction? If you give someone a shit day, would you be punished in the near or far future? What is the meaning of life? Why were we placed here to just live a moderate life and then fucking die again? Why? Why is our only certainty in life, to die someday? Why was humanity placed here, what did they, or it, decide to place us in this universe, what did they hope to achieve?
>>
Can you reiterate you're question into a few sentences (if there even is one)? This seems really scattered though on point to an extent
>>
>>17836826
>>17836832
Babby's first attempt at philosophy.
Fuck off back to the 9th grade, ya cunt.
>>
>>17836846
Yeah its a lot like my mind
>>
>>17836853
Nope not 9th grade. But yeah. I had a philosophical feeling when I wrote this
>>
>>17836832
>Why do we only use 10-15% of our brains working capacity?
While I do agree with a lot of what you are getting at, just thought I would point out that this is a myth. We do in fact use all of our brain, just certain parts are more for specific functions.
>>
Read the following to create a better model for these thoughts

Critique of Pure Reason - Kant
Philosophical Investigations - Wittgenstein
Society of the Spectacle - Debord
Death and Sensuality - Bataille
>>
>>17836883
Thanx, merely heard this and never heard otherwise
>>
>>17836901
Thank you very much
>>
tl;dr

but you have to be fearless, otherwise you'll get stuck.
>>
File: dog.gif (3 MB, 372x206) Image search: [Google]
dog.gif
3 MB, 372x206
>>17836901
>Kant
>Wittgenstein
>Debord
>Bataille
>>
File: knees.jpg (33 KB, 447x540) Image search: [Google]
knees.jpg
33 KB, 447x540
>>17836826
>>17836832

First Off I'd like to say, Death ain't scary, life is. The uncertainty of death is nothing compared to the uncertainty of life.

Now, what would it mean to you if life were entirely subjective? Let's say the universe is just one giant subjective happening, and everything that we experience is filtered through the capacity of our brains to interpret signals from our environment and that when you die, the single "you" dies along with it, but the energy that you consist of goes on to form a new thing.

What if like a ripple in a pond you surface then retreat back into the formless from whence you came?
What would be necessary for your ripple to objectively mean anything? Why shouldn't you kill yourself (not trying to encourage or discourage here, just trying to incite inquiry), is it because killing yourself influences the ripples of other's lives in a negative way? But if those lives are to pass away into the formless too, wouldn't the endless rippling ultimately be meaningless?
>>
>>17837114
Then what should I be reading instead? Honestly want to know because I never studied philosophy and just found these men on my own
>>
>not a different shade of a existing colour, a entirely new colour that doesn’t exist… You can’t, and I fucking hate the human brain for limiting that creativity.

there are plenty of more colors and shades, our brains just don't perceive them

>Why do we only use 10-15% of our brains working capacity?

I think that was confirmed myth

Overall i liked the beginning of the post where you talked about overcoming fear, then when it turned into questioning every single thing that exist it became kind of boring
>>
>>17836826

>How can you conquer something that does not exist? Fear is not real. Fear is an illusion you subconsciously create in your mind. Once you have freed your mind, only then will you realise that fear only exists when you create it.

you answered your own question..

to conquer fear is to free your mind and realise you have the ability to create your life

I didn't read your whole post because TLDR; personal anecdotes

try formatting a bit better next time
>>
>>17838410
Yeah lol sorry I got bored while typing
>>
>>17838592
Yip sorry I just scrambled down what I thought
>>
>>17836826
Sounds like you're having an existential crisis. We've all been there. Still not really done with mine, just got used to it. I recommend you get used to it as well. These questions won't be answered until we die.
>>
>>17836934
Imagine if a book's pages were 100% covered in ink, it wouldn't be a very meaningful book, this is why so little of our brain is being used at a time
>>
Fear is your brains warning system.

Fear is outweighed by confidence.

If you are a downhill mtb guy who can jump 50ft canyons and do that as a warm up then it's normal to you.

If you're some neck beard on a huffy you'll die.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.