[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Déjà vu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: EverGetThatFeelingOfDeJaVu.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
EverGetThatFeelingOfDeJaVu.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
I get Déjà vu a lot and it's very strong at times and it makes me uneasy.
Sometimes I'll hear something a friend tells me and I know for a fact they've told me before and when I ask them they say they did not.

What are your theories as to why it happens?
>>
>>17835454
dreams imitate reality so when life imitates dreams we freak out
>>
>>17835454
Past life/Alternative reality memory.
>>
>>17835470
is there anything behind this that we know?
>>
have this a lot too, so bump in case somebody has some reasonings or something. shit can get really strange
>>
>>17835454
Its just a memory glitch
>>
when I was a kid I used to get random i guess you could call them premonitions? in my head and then completely forget about them, then some random amount of time later I would find myself looking at the scenes with my actual eyes. I would get weird and kind of dizzy, like a panic attack without the racing heart. there's a lot of weird unexplained stuff that happened in my childhood but that's definitely the most unexplainable
>>
>>17835454
>Your otherself in the multiverse is doing the same thing at the same time it's just theirs happened slightly earlier and the realities overlapped
>>
>>17835458

i get this. sometimes i have these dreams and they make no sense, i dont know the people or the situation. Then it happens, maybe 6 months from now, maybe a few weeks. But i know for sure i forsaw it.

most recent one.

>no gf,
>no interest in gf 6 months ago
>have dream of having gf, and her telling me about her parental problems
>foward 6 months, start dating this girl
>she sits me down on her bed just like in the dream
>opens up about her parents.
>every memory comes rushing back from the dream i had of this situation.
>unsettling feeling of questioning reality.
>>
>>17835454
That's your brain detecting the quantum resonance of an alternate timeline where this exact event happened at this exact moment. The reason we don't feel deja vu literally every moment of every day is because the multiverse is actually very, very empty.
>>
>>17835682
>quantum resonance of an alternate timeline
What the point of it? In that case couldn't we find a way to tell the future?
>>
One theory is that when you doe, you repeat your same exact life (maybe with very very slight alterations) and you getting déjà vu is just you remembering your past lifes.
>>
17835458!

Holy, exactly this on more than one occasion in my life. Random dreams and situtions that have no value, no reason to reexamine them after I wake up, just odd shit and sometimes with ppl I have never met before. Around a few months later it happens. What scares me the most is the realization that I don't know it's happening till after the fact and it hits me: we can't change the future! Anyway without being too corny or melodramatic, exactly this shit. How do we make it occur more often or what are the parameters for it "occurring"?
>>
>>17835863
There's no "point" to it, quantum resonance is just the natural state of existence. What you should be asking is what's the point of having the universe fracture itself into spontaneous perceptual timelines?
>>
>>17835458

I can attest to this, since I've had a couple instances of deja vu where I realized I was remembering a dream I had.

My guess is that synaptic pathways are created when we dream even though there is no physical experience tied with that connection. Then, later on, some experience causes that pathway to fire, triggering a 'memory' of something that didn't happen, and this causes you to freak out. It's different from a premonition because it doesn't have to be nearly identical, only reminiscent of what you 'experienced' in a dream.
>>
>>17836171
That's easy, so it can choose which is better by comparison of your timeline with your alternates.
InB4 Schizo name calling;
Last year I started to experience some serious Deja Vu, honestly sometimes it was multiple times a day and always about something that seemed fairly mundane, a conversation with a person, a particular cloud formation while walking somewhere etc.

Now I have some theories about Deja Vu;
1. It is just a dream you had lining up with reality (your brain anticipated future events and it just got lucky)
2. An alternate timeline you experienced the same thing at (almost) the same moment
3. You were just hypnotised, removed from the time continuum and placed back into it which your brain interpreted as experiencing a moment or two exactly the same way.
>>
>>17835630
This. This is happening to me. The way you described it is exactly like that.
>>
There appears to be a certain notion that either deja vu is "just a slip of your brain functions" or "something supernatural" in the order of time travel and out of body consciousness. I think the first answer is diminshing of what the deja vu is saying to us and the second answer is purely imaginary.

Scientifically, the deja vu is this crossed path in our brain between what we perceive and what we remember, so that the present moment feels as if were a recollection. Other aspects of the event entail: the sensation that someone is describing what is going on for you, because memory organizes itself in this narrative form, as if told by another, or the sensation of being able to predict the future, because you feel you know the present as past (all knowledge is about past, the present deflects knowledge) and so the future will seem to be like a present experience to you. So far so good.

Some people believe that deja vus don't really exist, that you have the sensation because you actually have lived that situation before in your lifetime, or dreamed it, imagined it, etc, and you just forgot you did. Others think it is a paranormal gate to previous lives, in other words, that you have lived something similar in a previous life that you have no access to in an ordinary day. Both appeals to same notion that the deja vu is a valid remembrance, just that it is devoid of the awareness necessary for us to recognize it as such. The lie would be that this moment is new. The scientific explanation goes the other way, saying it is a regular new moment in your life that you are mistaking it for memory, that this memory that is the lie.

cont
>>
>>17838205 cont
But what tools do we have to differentiate one from the other? More importantly, why would it be a case of some truth and some lie that ought to be distinguished if the very notions of present and memory are so slippery in ordinary life? Isn't our memory always in the realm of fiction, not that they are lies, but always a retelling and a reconstruction of something that is not there anymore? And isn't the present, by its very nature, impossible to hold on to? The point that I'm getting is that, instead of trying to understand what precisely configures truth from lie in the phenomenon of deja vu, should we not see it as part of this ongoing fiction of our inner experience? In other words, not to seek the end of the explanation on how the deja vu occurs, but mainly, why it occurs. Why do we feel the deja vu?

Going back to the beggining: the deja vu mixes up present for past. This is all we need. The following question is: why would you mix present for past? Why be in that place? The trick that you are subject to is telling you something. Perhaps a necessity to remember your life that is slipping into the present, or some present that you are trying not to experience through remembering it, some inner transformation in your consciousness that you are in the process of adapting, just like a high pitch voice may occasionally slip from a teenager whose voice is changing. It's not so much that the living room with your cat on the couch and that person in that position must necessarily be a particularly important moment to you, but the deja vu at that point might be a misfire of something, a sign of what is going on in a larger scope of the events in your life. It might also be about that particular moment, just as it is important to notice (or even to take note) of words that may spark that deja vu sensation.

cont
>>
Is this some sort of meta joke to have multiple deja vu threads at the same time?
Hey, I've see that one before
>>
>>17838210 cont

Anyway, I think that more important than to try to develop an universal answer to what deja vu might be, it is to realize that these deja vus may serve as tools to observe yourself, your surroundings and the ever present metamorphosis of both.
>>
>Dream about dropping a pen
>happens 3-4 months later

odd Deja Vu feeling

just why even.
>>
File: OP.jpg (26 KB, 271x537) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
26 KB, 271x537
>>17838214
yeah, I count 3 of them right now
>>
Literally same thing happens to me.

Usually accompanied with an eerie feeling that something's going on, just beyond the range of my senses. Like something's in the air.
>>
>>17835454
cheese luv, teh cavalry eh he
>>
>>17835454
epilepsy, not even joking. i have it, too. something gets messed up in the way your brain processes information in the context of short term and long term memory. look it up.
>>
>you're now aware of the fact that you'll find a quarter on the ground.
>>
>>17835454
It's usual for some persons because of brain problems\bugs.
Basically your long term memory bug and it goes back another time to short memory to store it properly in the long term one.
That's why.
>>
>>17836889
I should probably start a war if people are talking about temporal abduction hypnoagents this openly.
>>
>>17838175
I have this too, it's mainly mundane shit line getting a new vidya game and clearly remembering dreaming about some specific moment when I reach it
>>
>>17835454
Tracer is overpowered

They really need to nerf her damage.
>>
Honestly ive been deep into the schizo arts, and have to say deja vu is when you are reminded of something you did before but cant remember when. Or it could be a dream but its rare.
>>
File: oroboros_145x149.gif (2 KB, 145x149) Image search: [Google]
oroboros_145x149.gif
2 KB, 145x149
>>17835454
>What are your theories as to why it happens?

Not really my theory so much as a consensus theory that people are reaching:

The holographic universe as confirmed by quantum theory is actually a simulation reality. "Life" and this dimension as we perceive it is a recorded event being played back. You've already lived this life before, as you have also lived every possible life in every possible body in every possible space or time. You've deliberately entered this dimension to forget that you are an infinite conscious being and experience everything as if it is happening for the first time. Sometimes though you may "remember" instead, causing you to temporarily lose the illusion that you are experiencing time in a linear fashion, and this feeling of remembering is sometimes referred to as deja vu.

When you die or break through linear timeline reality through "other means" - you experience feelings of deja vu so profound that they can't be described, and you know "everything". Deja Vu is a close cousin of this event which can occur to individuals during waking life.
>>
>>17842074
I also get this, I'm really wondering what could this. Mine I would say would range a little bit more then mundane though. No two moments were really similiar
>>
>>17836171
fracturing = increased entropy which is the point of everything anyway.

Everything exists to become entropic.

Existence exists to become nothing
>>
>>17835454
Temporal lobe epilepsy or/and anxiety
>>
>>17842121
>Confirmed by quantum theory
>Theory
>Confirmed

kek do you even know your words
>>
>>17835470
El psy kongroo.
>>
>>17843658
By "confirmed" he means "You aren't allowed to argue or fact-check."
>>
>>17843658
Most people call it quantum physics. The hypothesis has been tested and confirmed making it a scientific "theory." You're probably not familiar with the scientific notion of what a theory is.

Yes, modern physics says you're made up of information.
>>
>>17835454
What anime is this image from?
>>
>>17843658
Isn't the whole point of having a theory so that it can be confirmed or denied?

>>17847612
Zactly. Thanks breh.
>>
Oh wait I get it now, maybe saying that Quantum Theory can confirm other theories is incorrect.

Still though, the theory that the Universe is a holographic projection or simulation could definitely have something to do with deja vu. If consciousness is non-local it could accidentally slip out of linear timelines and cause us to "remember" things that haven't technically happened "yet".
>>
>>17849366
team fortress 6
>>
you're experiencing a double memory because we exist constantly

tl;dr time travel possible because the future already exists

you should theoretically be able to shift in time and place (parallel dimension)

think your brain randomly crosses wires, i don't think it's ever for any purposeful significance.
>>
>>17835454
Same here OP, I've had these things happen to me since I was a little kid. I just kind brushed it off back then but nowadays it kinda creeps me out but it also kinda intrigues me at the same time.
>>
Didn't we just have this thread a few days ago.

Deja vu has either been known to be your current stream of consciousness being tagged as a memory (our brains aren't infallible they glitch), or for those with particularly intense moments could be a form of temporal lobe epilepsy.

Quantumn bullshit is probably bullshit, although organic systems are known to be naturally selected to show that Q theory is used in the deterministic and selective processes of evolution (look at plant electron paths during photosynthesis), they haven't been shown to rise to massive 'classical' structures where other models of physics are used.

Also, theory =/= law. Someone in this thread is getting that shit mixed up.
>>
If you want more deja vu, stop trying to figure it out. Then it will happen more often until every moment you experience is deja vu and it becomes your reality.

at this point you're one bad trip away from killing yourself but isn't this hell exactly what you wanted?
>>
>>17849438
OH god you just made my nipples hard.
>>
>>17849458
that might just be a molly flashback triggered by loop logic. its like the orgasmic version of deja vu.

repeat after me, "why can't this last forever."
>>
>>17849488
Unfortunately I've never done molly.
>>
File: you are here.jpg (763 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
you are here.jpg
763 KB, 1920x1080
>>17849510
It might just be the last thing you want to do before you die.

My mistake was doing it too soon. Now I'm trapped trying to spread enlightenment for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>17849521
TLE (which I do have), does have alot of similarities to one particular LSD trip I did have, time dilated to 1 second == thousand years, and its inversion being true all at the same time. Which was the most incomprehensibly insufferable and orgasmic at the same time.

And on one final tangent, had particular correlations with an NDE I had when I was 19, so maybe it's intertwined (that particular state of existence), I can't quite say, but do have my suspicions.
>>
>>17849537
At first when I read TLE I looked this up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-line_element_set

Which is particularly interesting if you believe this reality to be a simulation and all consciousness is experiencing the regurgitation of a TLE data set, actualized during deja vu (becoming aware of the simulation).

Then I looked up temporal lobe epilepsy and thought, "hey these are the exact same letters so there have to be some correlated existential value."

then this post happened, and I regret it.
>>
>>17849591

Although, the Two Line Element set is an uncanny coincidence. Q. Theory would say that this sort of information is infact encoded within the quantum foam, and the perturbations are the emanating particles, and the respectives fields (higgs, gravity, magnetic) are overlaid. But now i'm just headed to fringe land.
>>
File: physical fractal.jpg (107 KB, 900x434) Image search: [Google]
physical fractal.jpg
107 KB, 900x434
>>17849712

The source is logic.

Inertia is faith.

Momentum is humanity.

lol, this is supposed to make sense?
>>
Deja vu. I've just been in this place before. Higher on the street. And I know it's my time to go.
>>
>>17849591
>I regret it.
Hey man don't sweat it. It happens to the best of us.
>>
>>17849835
Sometimes the brain just farts.
>>
>>17844999
It seems that this is the choice of Steins Gate
>>
>>17835458
This shit happened to me too many times, one that l'll remember forever is that dream where there was a black/orange tarantula on my wall, it wasnt being agressive or anything, just sitting there. I woke up, a few hours later l see the exact same spider in a fucking magazine. Explain this shit
>>
>>17835454

Wew. I see a lot of long winded theories in thread, but it's really simple.

Deja Vu happens when our brains commit something we experience to memory before telling us we experience it. It can occur in all senses or just one.

And now you know!
>>
>>17835454
>they've told me before and when I ask them they say they did not.
but u can't clarify when it was and in what situation.
Try to get gud and recognize.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.