[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Midwest General Spoops Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6
File: midwest.jpg (10 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
midwest.jpg
10 KB, 259x195
Let's get this party started right:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2016/06/21/mysterious-men-black-along-iowa-roadways/86173374/
>>
File: creepy idaho.png (118 KB, 1474x395) Image search: [Google]
creepy idaho.png
118 KB, 1474x395
>>17835254
anyone have any more info on this?
>>
>>17835314
Well for one I was actually BoonieMan back then before switching to IowaFag. Last I heard Jon's ghost usually lurks around the facility given certain conditions.
>>
>>17835254
HOLY SHIT

I go camping in an area near muscatine. That is seriously creepy.
>>
>Midwest
Why is it even called that? Its nowhere near the west.
>>
Rumor has it the ghost of a witch inhabits the wooded Prospect Hill. If a wanderer, during the quiet and still hours before dusk happened to find their way to the summit on a particularly winding path consisting of the oldest roads courted by the most ancient of manors, they may catch a glimpse of her.

It was a still, humid evening the night I saw the shadow of death. The sun had sunk behind the city, leaving behind ominous shimmering blues and violets despite the white disk having disappeared beyond the horizon an hour before. I had watched the spectacle in solitude from a bluff overlooking the river and far-off metropolitan center. With cool river air playing across me, I fell into a daydream and fantasized of a indigenous nomad agape in horror of steel monoliths and great roaring beetles speeding down barren rigid paths. When I came back to, awoken by a strong nightly wind from the valley, I could not help but feel displaced from my surroundings. The glow of streetlights, the presence of iron-wrought fences, flagstone and concrete briefly becoming out of the ordinary and bizarre. The sensation wore off but I could not shake the feeling of being unsettled.

Returning to street level, I traveled north towards a lonely hill, with the goal of a tower that overlooked two cities. Rumor had not a hold in my mind that day, but instead a suddenly inspired journey helped along with occasional nudges of odd nostalgia and unknown familiarity.
>>
>>17836118
Because calling it the mideast might cause muslums to invade
>>
File: hippie tree.jpg (1 MB, 593x900) Image search: [Google]
hippie tree.jpg
1 MB, 593x900
>>17835254
Michfag here.

There is a tree called the hippie tree in a town called traverse city. Its supposed to be like a portal to hell but that's just a hunk of horse shit. I believe people believe that its close to a half abandon asylum. Which for its time wasn't one of those horrible american horror story type of asylum it was pretty progressive for its time, but i digress. its just some tree hippie's painted on.

>pic related

While on the topic of trees there are several of trees around Michigan called shoe trees
some of these trees is just some tree people thought it'd be cool to toss their shoes into trees but there are legends of a serial killer killing kids and throwing their shoes on the a tree as a memento.

I've always been a sucker local urban legends and there are a lot of em in Michigan.
>>
>>17836235
>Michfag here
Hey! Brother
>>
>>17836714
>>>17836235
>>Michfag here
>Hey! Brother
ay senpai michfag here. Im headed to the U.P. in 2 weeks. I here the spoops come by the dozens, anyone got something I should check into during my week vacation up there?
>>
Lived in northwest Missouri most of my life, and Omaha for the past couple years.

In Omaha the big haunted place is Hummel Park. Never even struck me as spooky but people (mostly kids) tell a lot of stories. Some teenagers were supposed to have gone missing there in the past, but I never looked into it.

Of course the Black Angel is pretty popular across the border in Council Bluffs Iowa, and also in Iowa there's the famous Axe Murder House. In Clarinda, IA there's supposed to be a haunted asylum, but I've never actually gone inside it (mostly cause why would I be in Clarinda? Except maybe for Vaughn's Cafe.)

In Missouri there's Workman's Chapel around Maryville (which is actually super lame). Around Holt County, MO where I grew up there is an old abandoned nursing home that a lot of people have scary stories about, and I've had extremely weird and honestly scary stuff(but nothing truly unexplainable) happen there, definitely top rural spoops. Also just kinda neat to explore. There's also an old slave graveyard on a hill out in some woods that's pretty creepy. But the most noteworthy legends are about a cult, based off the real life Rulo, NE cult which was areal thing back in like the 80s and is super weird in its own right and you should check it out for sure. (Rulo is right across the river from Holt County, btw)

Stories go that remnants of the cult still exist and have "Satanic powers." There's a few stories floating around about the supposed survival of the cult. I don't personally believe them but they make for good story telling
>>
>>17836873
Yooper here. Was just going to ask if anyone knows much. Born and raised in escanaba and it's all old as fuck. The House of Ludington was once used by Capone during prohibition. Tunnels run under town that are inaccessible. Lots of these buildings are 150 yrs old. Not too many rumoured hauntings, though.
>>
>>17835254
Spoopy happenings on the Mississippi river all the time.
>>
>>17836133
What state is this in
>>
Michigan is a spoopy free zone
>>
>>17837275
Liar, either you live up north and get abducted by spirits or you live in the south and are therefore relatively close to Detroit which is just a nightmare in and of itself
>>
>>17837284
Really not much in upper Michigan. Paulding Light is kinda interesting
>>
>>17836873
I actually live in the u.p. There is tons of old spooky buildings up her
>>
>>17837165
Lol I have family in escanaba. Living in Houghton right now
>>
You never really hear about Minnesota spoops
>>
>>17837234
Why are rivers so spoopy?

My friend lives down by the kansas river and the whole area gives me the spoops, especially at night.
>>
File: Ramsdell.jpg (103 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Ramsdell.jpg
103 KB, 800x600
>>17836235
I am another Michifag. Here in Manistee, the Ramsdell Theater is supposedly haunted by the ghost of T.J Ramsdell himself.

Pic Related.
>>
>>17836118
Because when the term was created the US ended at fucking Indiana you retard.
>>
>>17837128
I'm from the Omaha metro area as well. The black Angel was cool when I was a kid, interesting story too, if anyone is interested I'll tell it.
Also, Hummel park has had plenty of creepy shit. My favorite was the story about the albinos going there. Seriously though, there have been confirmed murders there. I have a story for that as well.
>>
>>17837985
It's actually because there are so many dams blocking the flow of life through the river, so it has no contact with its source or its destination, and the only fish are diseased and inbred from generations of living in isolated hatcheries
>>
>>17835254

Milwaukee here. There's nothing scary in Southeast Wisconsin except the people on the North side of Milwaukee.
>>
>>17837985
>>17838242
The mississippi has chemicals in it that cause cancer amongst other things. Farmers around here dump their fertilizer and all the chemicals they entails into the mississippi. We make jokes about three eyed fish all the time, it's like Chernobyl down here (kind of a hyperbole, kind of not). Not to mention the bull sharks that swim up here. They found some all the way up near Alton, IL.
>>
Any weird shit to check out in Indiana?
>>
>>17838461
also have the same question here, living in nortwest indiana. would be nice to find some spoops around here..
>>
>>17838461
>>17838482
Thought Indiana was weird enough but eh.

Also, recent update on an Iowa spoop from last week. Was pretty creepy, some reporters in China contacted him and asked about the murder and he'd abruptly hang up and move out of his locale

http://www.kcci.com/news/man-sentenced-in-china-for-death-of-isu-student/40178998
>>
>>17838233

I'm interested
>>
>>17838644
Alright. Let me take care of some work. I'll be back on in 30 minutes.
>>
any south dakota spoops?
>>
>>17838644
Here's the story:

http://www.prairieghosts.com/oakland.html

How I was told, was general dodge's wife was having a recurring dream, she talked about it with her daughters and a few others. It was a dream she called a vision, it was of her being transported to a rocky shore where an angel would appear by boat and ask her to drink from the vessel. She wouldn't, and she awoke. Eventually she said she was going to drink from it, after she told then she did, she died 3 nights later. After the statue of an angel was put at her grave, it shortly turned black. Supposedly they resurfaced it at some point and it just happened again.
>>
I got a spoop

Midwesterner walks into a library

There are books other than the bible

Suddenly pigs everywhere
>>
My dogs woke me up today from a nap barking out the window. I looked out said window and seen a white figure in my neighbors house window. It's got me real fucked up they just moved in and they are black so i don't want to mention it
>>
>>17838644
Now, for hummel park. There's a lot of information that's not correct. When you walk into the park the trees bow over the pathway, it is creepy, bit most likely not from lynchings like they claim. Growing up people into magic would go there for animal sacrifices and the like, because it's fairly secluded in a busy town. There were rumors of a cult of terrifying people that would drive you out...which was partially true. There was a group of albinos that tried to live there for some time, but ended up moving, they did spooky good share of people out. As far as paranormal goes, many people have gone there with evp gear and found what they claim to be evidence. If you believe in ghosts, well, a good amount of people have died there. There was a hooker in the seventies, a couple of people in the eighties, a woman in the nineties and early 2000's. The only experience I am tied to, I'd a man that died there in the late eighties, early nineties. My grandmother worked with a woman who's son in law went missing. She was native and said thread it was built on her ancestors burial ground. After 3 days she said "he's dead". My grandmother said "that's pretty morbid, why would you just assume that?" The old native woman said every day upon waking for the last 3 days there had been a wisp of black smoke in the kitchen, but today there was none. She took it as a sign he had passed, and the next day they found his body there. She was intrigued by the this, and upon talking to other people in the area she feels there's a demon there. I'm not as religious as she is, so I don't think I'm sold on that.
>>
>>17838644

http://www.doyouseedeadpeople.org/22/Hummel-Park-Omaha-NE.html
>>
>>17838461
>>17838482
>>17838519
>>17838519
Guess nothing interesting ever happens in this state.
>>
>>17838800
Damn
>>
>>17838233
I forgot about the albinos. Someone definitely mentioned that to me though. I thought that part was made up lol
>>
>>17838827

Thank you anon
>>
Supposedly there were wendigo sightings in Roseau, Minnesota, which isn't too far away from where I'm at.
>>
Anyone know any spookys in Iowa?
>>
>>17839565
nothin interesting happens in MN
>>
>>17839714
Their drivers.
>>
>>17840446
Have you ever been there? Minnesota has fucking weird shit everywhere.
>>
>>17838482
I'm also from nw indiana, and I've only ever really found spoops in relatively thick woods. Wandering unmarked paths and deer trails can lead you across some interesting things.
>>
>>17835254
I guarantee it's fucking local teenage edgelords walking around at night to RP.
>>
>>17840592
>>17840446
>>17837976
Because Minnesota is the California of the midwest. All the stupid cityfags never leave the soma-like security of college dorms, coffee shops and their own homes.

The twin cities are really interesting, there are tunnels stretching below St Paul that rival the catacombs of Paris. They're old utility tunnels dotted with gangster hideouts from the alcohol prohibition era.
>>
>>17838842
There are a few interesting things in the general Terre Haute/Wabash Valley area, if you know where to look.

There's a spook light a couple miles north of Brazil, for instance. Though it typically just flashes, every once in a while it will actually do something neat.

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/haunted/hauntedplacesofindiana.htm
>>
>>17838273
im also from milwaukee b frend pls
>>
>>17841353
>Let's go to urban exploring North and Locust
>>
>>17837165
Seems Capone used every old house in the midwest during prohibition.

Found the Foote mansion (look it up, cool story) out in Wisconsin and it has the same story. Found a guy on a tractor nearby and he said that there's a tunnel running about a half mile to a quarry that they used to load booze in and out of the place. It's too run down to go into now, but anyway, look it up. Twins build a "mirror mansion".
>>
>>17837410
Love how they still run with the spooky Paulding light story when it was thoroughly debunked by some community college kids.

Went there in the middle of winter and it was still spoopy though....
>>
>>17838461
Indianapolis state hospital. Cops patrol it, but they don't care if you walk around as long as you're white and it's daytime.
>>
Michifag reporting in.
You can find a lot of paranormal houses and mines in Michigan, especially mines in the Upper Peninsula. A lot of iron and copper mines near the Keweenaw peninsula collapsed about a century ago, and a lot of people died. They removed the collapsed areas, and a lot of ghosts and spooky shit is seen in the mines. Abandoned factories and houses in South-East Michigan also have a shit ton of paranormal occurrences.
>>
>>17838339
Can confirm.
Im from Bellvegas, my family lived in Woodriver, all but my mom. They have all had cancer but her
>>
Missourifag here; nothing confirmed but still interesting folklore in the area.

The Lemp mansion is overrated but it's cool to stay the night and get the spoops.

Zombie road exists in every state I think but ours is in the middle of a park that closes at sunset. I found nothing here but several cops waiting for me at my car when I came from the woods. Still creepy but never found the rumored house.

The bubbleheads story is told to most highschoolers and follows the lines of a severely deformed and aggressive tribe of people living in huts.
>>
>>17843143
I have a slightly unnerving story from my trip to zombie road if anyone is lurking
>>
>>17842289
I haven't been to THE UP yet, but the forests and dunes along lake Michigan are full of the paranormal
>>
>>17836083
I live 50 mins away from muscatine. Silvis here. Pray for me brother
>>
Any Quad City/Illinois spoops I should be aware of?
>>
>>17837128
402 here, yeah heard about Hummel all my life but never seen anything but crackheads.
>>
>>17838233
Don't forget the stairs, apparently you count em once and number always different.
>>
>>17843009
its the water people
>>
>>17841353
Mke fag right here too I'm trying to find some quality spoop in Wisconsin to fuck with
>>
>>17838339
This, anywhere on the Mississippi that's not Minneapoilis is disgusting, it's full of pesticides, fertilizers, and by-products of oil refineries.
>>
got anything for a Minnesotan man
>>
>>17840592
>>17840894
I just moved to MN (twin cities area ofc) back in January, what kind of things have been seen or experienced here? I was born and raised in Upstate NY and Virginia, rural mountainous forested places so I'm pretty used to wandering around looking for spoopy shit.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.