[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The 5th Housemate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6
File: demolition.jpg (27 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
demolition.jpg
27 KB, 600x400
Hey everyone, not sure if this has brought up recently but here might be another 'Slide' in the Mandela Effect.
http://www.dailygrail.com/Guest-Articles/2016/6/The-5th-Young-One-Pay-No-Attention-the-Girl-Behind-the-Sofa
>>
mandela effect isn't real
>>
>>17832681
how can the mandela effect be real if you're not real?
>>
>>17832559
Well, that was really fucking creepy. Nice find, OP.
>>
>>17832559
whether or not this is a case of Mandela Effect the fact they hid this in the show and so many people didn't notice is both impressive and creepy
>>
what the fuck is this? why would they do that
>>
>>17834191
Young Ones was a crazy show.
>>
>>17832559
Not Mandela but a good article, thanks OP.
>>
>>17834198
So how come hardly anyone noticed it? Some of the shots are really obvious.
>>
>>17834220
There was always lots of crazy shit going on. I never knew about it until years later. It was a very busy and chaotic show.

I didn't notice the subliminal images until my second or third watch through.
>>
Was a girl with long hair over her face already a horror movie trope back then, or does it just seem creepy to us in retrospect? Were they trying to be crreepy ot what
>>
Proof you're all fucking 16: this shit isn't news! Admittedly I didn't notice the shot of the housemate moving past the window - it's obvious and people have talked about it for decades.

Not Mandela affect.

Retards
>>
>>17834220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG2L4QtAGGQ

Maybe this will help you see how unnoticeable she can be. Better yet would be to just watch the show after some time has passed and you've forgotten about this thread.
>>
>>17834233
I don't think that became a trope until The Ring or The Grudge
>>
>>17834233
Lots of hair has always been inherently creepy, yeah? Like Cousin It? I think the jap horror tropes were just tapping into something in our collective unconscious already

But I don't think it existed as a trope already back then, but I do think they were trying to make the roommate creepy by doing that with her hair
>>
>>17832559
Probably the show's female co-writer Lise Mayer. Has the right hair colour and build for Lise.

Stunningly beautiful and youthful woman, Mayer. Looks nothing like her age today, and she's 54 now. Trivia: she had an affair with Angus Deaton, the old host of HIGNFY on BBC1.
>>
>>17832559

She would at least be credited.

Mandela effect claims another victim.
>>
>>17834497
"Jap" is racist. Please say Nihonjin.
A rigatoni gozaimasu
>>
>>17834255
Yea, I actually remember her pretty well.
>>
>>17834806
No it isn't. Jap is short for Japanese.
>>
>>17832559
I watched Young Ones several times and totally do not remember this extra one.
>>
>>17832559
On the other hand you could just think it is Neil.
>>
>>17832559
Another startling piece of the puzzle. Thanks, OP.
>>
You're a fucking idiot, i saw it when it aired
>>
>>17836773
Maybe you came from that universe then.
>>
how the fuck did people not a see body with hair in the face? never heard of this show. maybe I am missing the point entirely
>>
People did notice it its been well known in the fandom for years you read an article ad suddenly its the MANDELA EFFECTS jesus Christ you people are dumb
>>
>>17832681
nothing is real
>>
life WAS like a box of chocolates makes no sense
>>
>>17837161
The show was very amateurish and there was always weird crazy shit going on. I remember once a friend of mine and I saw an image flash while we were watching a tape of an episode and we kept rewinding and trying to pause it at the right time and it was just a subliminal picture of a skier.
>>
>>17832559
how is this a mandela effect when it was done on purpose? what is the difference in your reality>?
>>
>>17832559
That's pretty fucking eerie
>>
>>17832559
>Writers decide to hide a character in the background as an easter egg
>Make sure to never blatantly draw attention to her
>OH MY GOD GUYS I NEVER NOTICED THIS THING THEY HID IN THE BACKGROUND! MUST BE REALITY SHIFT!!!
You people are fucking stupid. The fact that so many people didn't notice just shows how well they managed to avoid drawing attention to her.

And people have talked about this for years. Literally since the show first aired. Obviously it would have been harder to hear about it unless one of your friends, or one of their friends saw it, because we didn't have the internet to share this discovery.
>>
>>17832559
Jfk was not assassinated he died in 2006 from a stroke! What the fuck is happening????
>>
>>17840081
Uhh JFK is alive you doofus. He stepped down after the assassination attempt almost took his life, and last time I checked he was fine.
>>
>>17839831
Yes it is, the fact that the show is amateurish the actors did a fine job not acknowledging the fifth roommate, not so much as a glance in their eyes to the fifth room mate
>>
I don't buy into this Mandela effect but I have something that disturbed me and the few people I spoke to about it. I distinctly recall Fidel Castro passing away due to a stroke instead of just stepping down, I recall even the details of the state funeral held for him & a eulogy given by his son...

Only to find that he is alive more or less, I'm unsure of how I got it confused, of course he was pretty ill but remembering the state funeral & the eulogy?

Nah m8
>>
>>17832559

"Go to bed, spotty."
>>
>>17840154
jfk was assassinated faggot. learn to google.
>>
>>17840907
I just looked it up. What the fuck! Up until a few weeks ago he was fine!
>>
>>17840081
>>17840154
>>17840907
>>17841034

Who the fuck is JFK???
>>
>>17841056
James Frances Kennedy you fucking pleb! He was a hugely influential president
>>
Don't feed the trolls.
>>
>>17834220
It makes sense to me that the show runners of this comedy show would pretend not to notice it in order to make the creepy joke more funny.
>>
>>17834220
there was no internet back in the 1980s, im sure some people noticed it but they never had the chance to point it out on a larger scale
>>
>>17834664
Nah. Lots of people appear in things without credit. Even big stars sometimes.
>>
>>17834664
>She would at least be credited.
Unless they didn't credit her to make it less obvious that there was an extra person in the house. Which makes perfect sense when they purposefully made it so she was as hidden as possible, while still being visible if you look for her.
>>
>>17841428
wans't it James Franco Ken- oh wait no.
>>
>>17832559
Friggin weird man... I LOVED that show but never once noticed this. And it's so obvious in some of those shots too but...

Actually I take it back, I kinda remember the shot of them sitting next to the stairs with the old man passing by them.
>>
>>17843794
It becomes so much more obvious once you know about it.

It's impressive they managed to hide it so well.
>>
I remember some of the ones shown. I just assumed it was neil if he wasnt in the scene.
>>
>>17834806
is Nip fine?
>>
File: TIME_MACHINE.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
TIME_MACHINE.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>17840028
Why is the thread still going after this post?
>>
>>17832681

Then why did the whole off fucking Nigeria move from the east coast of Africa to the west. I noticed this recently and depersonalising as we speak. My suspicion is that CERN triggers this every time they turn it on. Literally shreds and rips the fabric of reality.
>>
>>17844361
>why did the whole off fucking
>>
>>17844361
>I'm shit at geography
>Must be a timeline shift!
>>
>>17834806
Damn fucking nigger Japs are polluting California.

Shut your whore mouth.
>>
File: 1437629623939.jpg (86 KB, 455x447) Image search: [Google]
1437629623939.jpg
86 KB, 455x447
That author was nearly as stupid as he was bad at writing. Waste of time reading that piece of shit. The comments are also pretty mind boggling.
>>
File: m.jpg (108 KB, 735x490) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
108 KB, 735x490
Remember when the Mandela effect was spelled Mendala?
>>
>>17832559

Another unmentioned Mandela Effect... Gene Hackman.
>>
>>17834220
because the shots were really short too... she's on screen for a few seconds each episode. it's obvious when you string them all together like that... but in a 30 minute episode, a character who appears for 5 seconds in the background and doesn't move, speak or interact with anything can easily slip past you
>>
>>17832681
Yeah, I think so too, but I had a mandela-esque experience recently. On my way home from work I stopped at a stoplight and was kind of spacing out thinking about work shit. A car pulled up next to me and it caught my attention because I thought it was one of my friends, who drives a silver minivan. I thought, "Huh! That looks JUST like his car!" and went back to thinking about things because it was just a coincidence. When the light turned green, we started pulling forward, I blinked, and the minivan was bright fucking red. There's no way the minivan could have turned (nowhere it could turn to) and it was literally just a blink.
There's my shitty story, but it freaked me out, I'll tell you what.
>>
>>17845763
Yes, but unironically.
>>
>>17832882
This. Its really quite cool desu
>>
>>17834475
Its an older show from when TV shows had lower picture quality. People also didn't have DVRs or digital streaming back then so they couldn't just rewind every time
>>
>>17844336
Because /x/ has been full of kids from rebbit since forever
>>
>>17832681
For me it has happened multiple times. In my experience the berenstain bears thing happened last summer with it being Ain and getting switched to ein. I remember checking the book I had and it was ein and I was upset because I always remembered it as Ain. There was stuff online about it too how it was always Ain and switched to ein. Now all of a sudden it's the other way around and I can't find the reddit posts and the physical book I have is back to Ain. I ruled out as a bad memory and because that's what I thought the first time it happened to me and I wouldn't mess it up then because that's the whole reason id remember it is from messing it up . So for me I believe in it 100% percent.
>>
>>17834220

I noticed but figured it fitted with the general feel of the show.

I suffer inattentional blindness; so if I saw it. I am surprised others didn't
>>
>>17834664

not really. I chose not to be credited in the only major show I was in (for a speaking role no less). As did many others. More common than you would think (though mostly for bigger actors).
>>
>>17838819

It does. His dying mother was talking in past tense. Watch the movie before being a retard.
>>
>>17841056

underage b& incomming
>>
>>17840278

Johanna Lumly (sp?) was also a housemate along with many others.

Why is everyone going mad over a 5th housemate when there were dozens if you pay attention?
>>
>>17832559
That's not a girl, that's Neal.
>>
File: obabbo and Mandela.jpg (244 KB, 680x649) Image search: [Google]
obabbo and Mandela.jpg
244 KB, 680x649
>>17840028
>>
>>17847952
You can't be serious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJh59vZ8ccc
>>
>>17832559
at first I YouTube this show, just to look for the ghost, now Im watching it, /x/ you got fine taste in television shows, better than /tv/
>>
>>17851207
This is one of the best shows ever made. Fuck /tv/ if they don't know that.
>>
>>17832681
Mandela effect is retards overreacting to shit. It's interesting how certain things are easier to remember wrong than others but there is nothing else to it.
>>
>>17847973
It's definitely not Neal.
>>
File: 1.png (169 KB, 1054x792) Image search: [Google]
1.png
169 KB, 1054x792
>>17832559
Never saw the show so I wouldn't know, but I and many others know for a fact the Mandela Effect is real. The shilling when this is brought up is so rampant here on /x/ that I don't think I'll be back here for a few years. It's just all a bunch of kids just mess with oija boards / tarots and shills.

Seriously, you know somethings up when fucking tulpa/skinwalker threads are taken more seriously here than the Mandela Effect. I'm sorry you're not a part of it, but fuck you.
>>
>>17851302
and threads get deleted, it's fucking scary.
>>
Interview with a vampire tbq100%hwuf

Fuck the simulation
>>
>>17851302
The "daylight savings/daylight saving time" thing most likely comes from Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch
>you are inclined to make me rise an hour early just like Daylight Savings Time

https://youtu.be/xat1GVnl8-k?t=57

The official name is "Daylight Saving Time", but everyone remembers it to be "Daylight Savings Time" because of the song.

"Sex in/and the city" is probably due to some people say it with an accent so "and" sounds like "in".

All the geographical ones are just because your average joe often can't pinpoint the location of certain geographical places with accuracy.
>>
>>17851395
what if I show you a reality residue with SITC?
>>
>>17851395
>Sex in/and the city
It was translated as Sex in the City in my country so I can see where the confusion comes from.
>>
>>17851516
https://youtu.be/iFWChLZsoZI?t=11m48s listen to that bit
>>
>>17851586
Yeah, it does make it ambiguous whether he said and or in. I was just giving you non-native English perspective.
>>
When did 'alot' become 'a lot'? And why does my brain think 'no one' is one word somehow? Anyone else notice spelling anomalies like these?
>>
>>17851829
>I don't know how to spell
>Must be a reality glitch
>>
>>17851833
Clearly I am aware of the "correct" spelling.
>>
>>17832559
All I know is that to me Ravenclaw will always be blue and silver not blue and bronze.
>>
Am I too dumb to understand what's going on here? There was a girl on set who never moved and appeared in most episodes? Is that all?
>>
>>17851829
Alot and a lot are two different words and no-one is a compound word but no one uses - anymore.
>>
>>17851985
Google smooths over all the cracks. Right?
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.