[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some religions that have a god/gods with no afterlife?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 00473.jpg (39 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
00473.jpg
39 KB, 700x400
What are some religions that have a god/gods with no afterlife?

What are some religions that have an afterlife with no god/gods?
>>
Buddhism believes in the afterlife without gods.
>>
>>17831029
Just make up your own.
>>
>>17831062
Why not?

It worked well for Wicca.
>>
In some sephardic traditions and i say traditions as traditions can evolve within the same religious groups from different regions. They believe this is the afterlife. This is hell. Our souls were casted away for not keeping with the pact God made with man. In a spiritual way zion is our road back through penance.

Sameway that in some Christian traditions and folklore we are living in a post recreation environment made by satan himself. After he and his followers created an abomination by recreating humans and animals and even breeding them together. He told God that the nature HE created was imperfect. And commaned every beast and creature against the Creator.
>>
File: ArchangelIsrafilBinLalish.jpg (44 KB, 233x300) Image search: [Google]
ArchangelIsrafilBinLalish.jpg
44 KB, 233x300
>>17832253
Those sephardic traditions sound somewhat gnostic to me.

Where are you getting your information from?
>>
>>17831029
Nope, gods usually are there to promise freedom from a doomed existence.
>>
7th day Adventists don't have heaven, contrary to being a common christian denomination. Nor is there hell. Just Soul Sleep, where you go and cease to be after you die. Thats it, nada, zip, zilch, lights out.
>>
>>17832782
not entirely true. they and a few other groups believe in soul sleep.

the end point of it isn't simply "no more existence forever". they believe Christ will physically resurrect the dead at the end of time to live as immortals on a new, perfected earth.

it's literally a life-after-death, rather than some spiritual heaven.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.