[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadow People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 500x400
How do I induce sleep paralysis so I can meet a shadow person?
>>
Share any experiences with them as well
>>
Smoke weed and offer shadow people said weed.
>>
diphenhydramine.
Or like not sleeping, or taking a bunch of melatonin tablets at once and remaining awake.
>>
>>17828578
you dont actually want to. Its not fun.
>>
>>17828578

Stay up for 24 hours, drink an energy drink or strong coffee, and go to bed. Works every time.
>>
One time when I was a kid I had sleep paralysis.

A silhouette came into my room and stood over me. I thought it was my mom reaching out to wake me up. I tried to say "I'm awake, I'm awake" but I could only mutter out inaudible whispers.

Later find out that it's the middle of the night and my mum is sound asleep.
>>
>>17829796

Where did the man touch you, Johnny?
>>
I haven't had sleep paralysis but I have come into contact with what can only be described as a 'shadow person' for roughly 20 seconds. It didn't seem to be threatening, more like it was just observing me (seeing as nobody else was around) or 'stuck'. I haven't seen anything like it in my life and nothing strange has happened since I saw it 3 or 4 years ago.
Willing to give more details but I need sleep so I'll check back tomorrow.
>>
File: 1466177730228.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
1466177730228.gif
3 MB, 200x180
all the recipes to induce sleep paralysis are bullshit. as a new father ive accidentally gone through these motions many times. all i ever dream about is fucking random skanks
>>
>>17829775
I truly do and I think that my eagerness to meet one is what is stopping it from happening. I've tried methods mentioned in this thread like staying up for a whole night or taking sleep meds and fighting through but I have never had it happen.

I've heard stories of people seeing them while not even in a state of paralysis, a shadow person would walk through another room in their house while watching tv or something. Not being cocky but I have no fear of anything supernatural and I believe they might need this to interact with me

>>17829899
Please go on if possible
>>
>>17829770
Whoa... I had encounters with them all the time, and now that I think about it, I was taking two melatonin pills a day. Thanks for sharing this
>>
I was on a cruise ship once and me and my brothers room were on the inside of the ship, no windows so it was pitch black.

My cousin knocked on our door and as I went out to get it I saw an outline of a person at my brothers bed. For some reason I didn't mind it and strolled right past him and opened the door letting the light in.

I told him about it and he kept the tv on all night next time we went to bed.
>>
>>17829770
Whoa... I had encounters with them all the time, and now that I think about it, I was taking two melatonin pills a day. Thanks for sharing this

>>17829775
Pls. Every time I ever saw them, it felt serene. I've never felt more calm. They can't harm you, nor do they want to. They're here to watch, as are plenty of other beings
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
23Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
>>
>>17829779
False, I do this but I stay awake for around 40 hours (weird schedule), and I don't see anything anymore
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 199x253
"for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."
>>
b-but you will be scared
>>
File: imagesbrtghrgh.jpg (6 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
imagesbrtghrgh.jpg
6 KB, 284x177
19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
>>
File: 1464691390950.jpg (26 KB, 194x166) Image search: [Google]
1464691390950.jpg
26 KB, 194x166
I've seen Shadow People while completely awake.
I've seen them on and off drugs. I've had an episode similar to sleep paralysis.

Whitley Strieber speculated that his visitor experience was supposedly connected to temporal lobe epilepsy, which could explain a decent portion of the shadow people phenomenon. Of course, Strieber figured that temporal lobe epilepsy wasn't enough to account for his evidence, and after testing discovered he was not a temporal lobe epileptic.

If anyone would like to hear about some of my experiences, I'll try to be a straightforward as I can about them, they're relatively black and white.
>I was in X place, and then suddenly I saw one.
>I was in bed, and felt a presence and saw one.
>Bla bla bla.

Also here have this photo of an aussie shadow person someone posted on here a while back. Not sure if it's real but it's spooky.
>>
>>17829899
>>17830245
I think they find you, not the other way around. Honestly I had no belief in the supernatural either. I'm not even religious and I've tried to think of every scientific possibility of what happened that day but the only thing I can come up with is aliens. I've heard many people describe the same thing, outside of sleep paralysis, and I must say there is something bigger going on here as there have many sightings all over the world and throughout the ages. All I can say is that shadow people are the realest thing this board has to offer.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 621x502
>>17832368
So I'll greentext my experience

>be early to mid 2013
>be dusk, sun has just set and street lights are coming on
>be skating/walking to a friends place
>get to one section of pathway that is under change
They ripped up all the pavement and I had to walk along a dirt path
>as I get to the end of the path I see a figure across the road, next to a power pole
>think it's a man at first but as I get closer I realise I can't make anything out
>can't tell if it's moving towards me or away, kind of like it's stuck and vibrating
>I'm staring this thing down and it's making my eyes water
>have to move down the road slightly to cross to the next path
>the person is out of my sight for not even 3 seconds and has vanished
>to the right of my is a big, open road
>to the left is a tall fence that goes the whole way
>nowhere any normal person could have gone in that time

I only started freaking out at this point because I thought someone was going to fucking mug me or something but when I settled down and thought about it, that thing really wasn't human. Of course, I skated to my friend's place as fast as I could and told them but they didn't believe it.
>>
>>17828578
>sleep paralysis
>shadow people
These are two entirely different things. One of them is an odd glitch in our body's sleeping process, the other is a type of entity that can be seen regardless of mental state if it manifests.
Anything you see in sleep paralysis is a hallucination made by your brain because it is still trying to dream. It's not paranormal at all.

Please, at least do the minimal amount of research on something before making such assumptions, and always keep in mind that correlation =/= causation.
>>
Ok, so I have sleep paralysis occasionally. The last few times I've actually recognized what was happening, and managed to force out a "WHO ARE YOU?". Each time, no response at all. Sleep paralysis seems to be purely scientific guys, sorry.
>>
>>17828578
You need to fuck with your sleep and/or take drugs. Look at this article, it will give you a good deal of insight into how sleep paralysis functions. When I first started looking at SP online in 2008ish, that article was just a baby with maybe two sections (with the same picture, though). It's huge now; there's a lot of information available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Induce fatigue by burning the candle at both ends; stay up late, wake up early and take a lot of naps. I experienced SP most when I was in college and I had no rhyme or reason to my schedule. I actually experimented with polyphasic sleep cycles; because of that I took on a more nap-happy life-style and in turn caused a lot of SP. Sleep on your back or your stomach if you can; sleeping on your side with a pillow between your knees is a good way to cure SP, believe it or not. Sleep apnea can play a role in SP, which is why sleeping on your back is a good way to induce the phenomenon. Using stimulants like caffeine during the day and then using sleep aids like diphenhydramine or melatonin during the night may help, or it may not, you'll have to find out yourself. Do shit in your bed when you aren't planning on sleeping; browse the internet on your phone or laptop, watch shows/movies, etc. If you use your bed for just sleep and sex, then you probably won't experience SP much, but if your brain is confused as to what your bed is really for, then you'll likely experience it.

Godspeed, anon.

TL;DR: The key to sleep paralysis is poor sleep hygiene and health.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 176x244) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 176x244
>>17832395
Very cool, I want something like this but even closer. I want to interact with one. Thanks for sharing.

>>17832425
Have you ever seen a shadow person? Do you have any inklings about how to meet one or is it out of our hands? Also why don't you believe they are glitchs as well, but instead actual entities?

>>17832974
Care to share a story?

>>17833958
Ya I've played around a bit with amphetamines, posture and naps but the concept of tricking the brain into being confused what your bed is for is good and I'll have to try that. Do you have any first hand stories you'd like to share?
>>
>>17828578
Look into a class of drugs called delirants. They should help you get to where you want to be.
>>
>>17834360
I have done datura a handful of times in various ways and never met a shadow person. Only experienced extremely disjunct hallucinations

-OP
>>
>>17834365
I've never done datura. Benadryl (DPH) might be of more use to you. Even at doses as low as 150mg I've seen shadow people out the corner of my eye. They are a lot more visible at higher doses. Be careful if you do decide to fuck with DPH as there are loads of side effects. Check erowid out.
>>
>>17834393
Do you think they are legitimate shadow people or hallucinations? I've had somewhat similar of experiences while on a lot of cocaine and being in dark rooms seeing insects crawling everywhere in my peripheral but I chalk it up to illusions of a loaded mind. I will look into Benadryl though thanks for the tip
>>
I used to have it every night for WEEKS.

When I was like 10, it would always stand to the right of my bed. It was absolute terror. I would try to scream for my brothers name, but I could never get words out. I could sometimes move my arms, and would try reaching to it, but could never quite get there. it would just stand, watching me.

I would then feel as if I was lifted up, floating. I could feel the bed beneath me with my hands the whole time, but the feeling of being dropped was so real, I even bounced. I've tried to replicate that motion of being dropped but could never do it, it felt so genuine. I've learned since it's called a hypnic jerk.

After the drop I would regain control of the rest of my body. It never felt like I "woke" up. From being frozen to standing up, it was seamless. Only then could my brother hear me, but I never told him what was happening at the time.

It was terrifying the first dozen times, but then it just became routine. Laying on my back. Can't move. Watching me. Floating. Falling. Then rolling over and sleeping, I actually felt angry that it was wasting my time when I just wanted to sleep.

Every night my brother tucked me in tight, while I was on my back, cus I was scared. So funnily enough, I was causing my own sleep paralysis.

A few years ago I had it again. This time I could move my arm a bit more, so with no fear a bit of playfullness (I'll getcha this time!) I reached for it. And I touched it. I instantly felt as if I had fallen through my bed, all of me except my legs. It felt as if I were hanging upside down with my legs, bending at the knees, keeping me from falling. I could still feel the bed beneath my hands. Then I was violently pulled up a bit passed my bed and felt the same bouncing sensation as before. It was over and I turned on the lamp.

I thought I knew what it was capable of so I got comfortable. I haven't seen it since, but if I do, I'll just lay there.. the mind sure is capable of some crazy stuff.
>>
>>17834507
Wow that sounds wild thanks for the read
>>
File: shadow.jpg (14 KB, 575x339) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
14 KB, 575x339
Who is he?
>>
>>17835257
Heisenberg
>>
Take sedatives and amphetamine before going to bed
>>
My brother used to see shadow people during his late teens/ early 20's He didn't do drugs however I recently learned he's transitioning to female so he probably was just a head case all along.
>>
>>17835511
Pics of sister's boipucci/feminine penis or didn't happen.
>>
>>17835371
I did that and saw shadow spiders.
>>
>>17828578
The "shadow people" are nothing more than my imagination when I'm waking up from sleep paralysis. Even if there was someone to be seen, you can't talk, move or breathe, so it's very unpleasant.
>>
I Dislike the thought of the shadow people but In some cases you may encounter one whom may talk that's once every blue moon though, If you wsh to talk to one you must approach them with the thought in your head " I am the most charismatic being in existence " This may make it to where one may give you a chance to speak with out trying to mentally scar you instantly. In their minds they view you as a platter of food with a classic cover on it They want to scare you that's how they may feast .That's a simple way of putting it ,Personally if I were you I wouldn't interfere with them, But If you insist I must advise DO NOT under any circumstances let them sense fear in you. They will use it to their advantage.
>>
>>17833969
Well, sure; I suppose I could share.

I remember my first time was at like 9 or 10 years old; it's been happening ever since and I'm close to thirty now. I can relate to that Wiki article quite well. SP makes my body's alarm system go off (fear, increased heart-rate, fight or flight, etc.) and contains auditory components that corresponded to a nearby presence. I can't see the presence, but I can feel it and sometimes sense intentions. I used to get really scared and just nope the fuck back to sleep, but now I usually just tell it to go away (with conviction) and it stops. The thing is that they seem so real at the time. You can't fucking move, man; no matter how hard you try.

The ones from my old dorm at college were the worst. I used to have this strange, recurring sleep paralysis episode in the residence hall I lived at for four years. I lived in three different rooms within the same hall and it happened multiple times in all three of them.

I would wake up to this strange, but familiar paralysis and fear, then would come the sounds of footsteps outside of my room walk up to my door, a key being used on my lock, the door-knob turning, the door opening, footsteps walking up to the side of my bed which eventually stop right fucking next to me. I could feel a presence move with those sounds, but I was never able to see it when it came within my field of view. It's like I would wake up and I could move when the presence finally reached me; it was super creepy.

I swear, I'm not a pansy, but fear is fear. Learning how to control that fear has become something I feel like I can be proud of, although they don't happen much anymore. My sleep hygiene has improved and I don't nap anymore. Which reminds me, you might want to incorporate naps into your daily routine, but that means laying off the stimulants.
>>
>>17835949
Really? That's pretty incredible. You know I'd like to know more about this. You seem to have this down to a science, so precise in your instructions... or maybe your just mentally unstable. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that.
>>
>>17828578
You're a fucking idiot if you want sleep paralysis.
>>
>>17836018
I gave you some suggestions about how to enter SP and I told you about some of my experiences with it, but I never really got to the second component to your original post. I think if one could enter SP on a consistent basis and knew what to look for and how to look, one could find shadow people.

While I haven't ever seen any strange being or shadow person directly, I frequently see figures in my peripheral vision. Sometimes it looks like a cat, sometimes a creature I can't quite make out and sometimes I swear I just saw a humanoid figure. All it takes is a gander, and it's all a sham. SP certainly changes things, though. It lets you hover in and out of this dream-like state where anything goes. You can be sure that whatever you sense, you'll sense the fuck out of it. Nothing makes your body go into over-drive like our fight or flight alarm system and when you just wake up from sleep and you can't move, you're just asking your brain to shoot off like crazy. Good environment to sense things you wouldn't normally.
>>
>>17834393
That site is so great. Doesn't get much credit, imo.
>>
The wake back to sleep method for lucid dreaming can cause sleep paralysis
>>
>>17836140
And to add to it, The wake back to sleep method works when you wake up during REM and then ur body tries to go back to REM (skipping the usual steps) but because it happens so close to consciousness you may become lucid and then fall into sleep paralysis.
>>
>>17836155
I get sleep paralysis on the reg, ask me anything
>>
>>17836159
OP already did .
>>
>>17830368
what about a benevolent rich man? One might have to assume he did things that brought him away from god to get said wealth however uses said wealth to do god's work what's the problem? god's work is compassion.
>>
>>17835257
he's your friend. he knows you. where you sleep where you live. what YOU think. he know's when your afraid. he know's where you hide for he is already waiting.
>>
>>17835949
Thanks for sharing, I hear again and again fear is what they thrive off of but I am not scared of them and wonder if that's why I don't see them (regardless of if they are separate entities or a mental manifestation)

>>17836018
Thanks for the story. I truly am not afraid of anything "spooky" but I can imagine being thrown into a sleep paralysis situation can shock me into it. I will try the nap method along with>>17836155
these comments on waking myself up during REM and falling back asleep

>>17836060
How so? It's not going to kill me. I'm eager to experience this mental glitch and decide for myself wether or not it is created by my mind or actually a visit from a separate being

>>17836159
Tell your most memorable experience
>>
Eat some shadows.
>>
File: a-mermaid-1900.jpg (239 KB, 845x1217) Image search: [Google]
a-mermaid-1900.jpg
239 KB, 845x1217
I had a dream not long ago, it was set in my old house, in my bedroom. A shadow started walking towards me, I could only see them slightly as I was in the bed with the covers covering half of my face. I started to get that panicing feeling and my body froze. I knew the sleep paralysis had begun. I woke up and could see around my room. All was fine, I could turn around, I turned so that I was laying on my back... my body suddenly froze again and I could feel and hear my covers moving, like someone was presssing down on them, then I suddenly felt a huge heavy weight on top of me. I manage to only see the top of their head. It just looked like a black shadow. I could feel it, so heavy, so real.. I managed to slightly move my leg and it quickly pulled off of my body... It was the scariest experience I have had with sleep paralysis. As a child I used to get one simply whispering in my ear, in latin or some similar language, usually a woman... why would you want to invite such a thing?
>>
>>17836988
No problem, glad to share. The thing about the fear is that you can't really do anything about it until it comes and you know what is happening. I try to see it more as a trigger; that something strange is happening and I need to figure it out. The cool thing about human emotions is that they are all connected, so it's possible to turn that fear into another emotion. As long as you have the intensity, which the fear provides, then you can redirect that intensity towards something else. A lot of the times I like to turn that fear into conviction, fervor or passion.
>>
Laying on your back whilst resting also seems to stimulate the experience. It never happens if you sleep on your stomach or sideways.
>>
My experience was dreadful. Went to bed and woke up to see a shadow person with huge ram like horns just watching me. I tried leaving but eveytime i got to the door i would restart back at the bed with that fucker still staring at me.
>>
>>17837503
Not true. I've experienced it on my stomach and side, although it is less likely to happen.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.