[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/-tier novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: MichaelDeasHellHouse.jpg (51 KB, 640x971) Image search: [Google]
MichaelDeasHellHouse.jpg
51 KB, 640x971
The sticky seems to be lacking pretty heavily in spooky novels. I enjoy ghost/demon novels the most.

So far this year I have read

>The Amityville Horror
Pretty good, would recommend it

>The Woman in Black
Pretty good as well, different from the movie though

>The Exorcist
Really enjoyed this one. Definitely a classic

>Hell House
This one was also really good. Kept me interested the entire time and was generally a very well told story

Any recommendations /x/? Looking for books that are really well-written too. Most of the horror I have read spooks me but isn't written very well. Is this just an unavoidable symptom of horror? Or does good writing exist that will also spook me?
>>
Anything by T.E.D. Klien.
>>
>>17826877
Neil Gaiman's work. Especially Neverwhere, and American Gods. Sandman comics too if you like comics.

Speaking of comics, Garth Ennis' Preacher. Fuck, anything he's done really. He's someone who I always say can never top, or match what he's currently doing, and yet he always seems to manage to anyway.
>>
I'm reading Dissolution of Fleeting Improvised Men

It's a fake Lovecraft letter that the author writes footnotes for with his own creepy story.
>>
>>17826877
Richard Matheson is by far my favorite author. He knew how to write stories without boring you for a second. Even his philosophical stuff like What Dreams May Come or The Lesson. Just a straightforward story with something to say.

His older short stories have hokey premises but still are engaging. And how many authors have really been so influential? Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, I Am Legend (fuck the movie, go read it), even the 50 Foot Woman and Stir of Echoes. All great stuff, most of it at least somewhat /x/. And when he did twists they were pretty great. Read Now You See Me for a good one
>>
This should be part of a mandatory list of reading before even coming to /x/.
>>
House of Leaves is /x/ as fuck
>>
>>17830207
Most people are sick of it because /x/ literally would not shut up about it a few years back.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.