[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reincarnation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: reincarnation-3.jpg (133 KB, 1017x552) Image search: [Google]
reincarnation-3.jpg
133 KB, 1017x552
Itt: Reincarnation

I had a recent event that sort of rattled my belief system of the after life.. Id rather not discuss it, but can x point me twords reputable literature, or articles regarding reincarnation? Maybe also famous, intelligent, or historical people who believed in reincarnation? Only person that I know off the top of my head is General Patton.

Enlighten me plz x
>>
May I introduce you, there was once a man Jesus who died and came back from dead after three days.
>>
>>17824153

Im familiar with the concept.. and that, if true would be a resurrection. I'm more interested in reincarnation after death into a new body.
>>
File: 1465970730551.jpg (62 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1465970730551.jpg
62 KB, 600x400
No one can prove shit. That's what Faith is. Believing in something that can't be proven. The truth is no one really knows. The book Many lives Many masters is supposedly by a pschologist and i thought it was a fun read about reincarnation. Otherwise idk know thyself man.
>>
>>17824153
if jesus were real why don't we ever see any resurrections
reputable, faggot
>>
>>17824188
Because noboby can replicate what Jesus did.
Whens the last time you opened your bible Son?
>>
>>17824141
You, in your physical body as it is today, can never come back. You change moment by moment, and experience death of an old self by the second. The question that you should ask yourself is, who are you?
What part of you is beyond the cycles of life and death? What happens to your body once you die? Where did your body come from before you were born?
The atoms that make up your body will be parts of many humans again after you die. The ideas you have will go on, and the world you create will still be there. In a way, you create your own heaven.
>>
>>17824234
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
John 14:12

Hang yourself
>>
>>17824141
ITT: Trolls
>>
I have a friend who's father believes reincarnation and tarot. Extremely wealthy family illuminati type shit
>>
Not one constructive post . Hello summerfags
>>
>>17824141
Look up some youtube videos on it theres a bunch of stories about kids remembering past lives and hypnosis done on people recalling many past lives.

I myself want to believe. Hell doesnt sound all that great to go to; knowing any little shit you do can send you there for all eternity.
>>
I'm the reincarnation of John lennon prove me wrong faggots
>>
File: lemon:lennon.jpg (3 KB, 146x96) Image search: [Google]
lemon:lennon.jpg
3 KB, 146x96
>>17825922
you are such a lennon=lemon=anon :)
>>
>>17824141
For the best attempt to scientifically document reincarnation cases, look up Ian Stevenson.

For the mechanics of Vedic ideas about reincarnation, look into the Bhagavad-Gita and the Upanishads. Keep in mind there are multiple philosophies and ideas about the soul in Hinduism - many of them are conflicting.

In Vaishnavism it's fairly simple: you are the soul. You are eternal. You do not HAVE a soul. You cannot sell, lose, damage, etc. "your soul." Because you ARE the soul. You were never created. You will never cease to exist. You are changeless.

> Bg 2.12 — Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

For reasons unimportant for this post, you are inhabiting a physical body. The body DOES change; you are NOT the body. The body consists of two main elements: physical(gross) and mental(subtle).

> Bg 7.4 — Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego – all together these eight constitute My separated material energies.
>Bg 7.5 — Besides these, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is another, superior energy of Mine, which comprises the living entities who are exploiting the resources of this material, inferior nature.

When the physical body is no longer able to support life, the soul and the subtle body are judged according to karma (either by Yamaraja for special cases, or his servants the yamadutas) and the subtle body is adjusted through heavenly or hellish experiences to fit a new physical body. The soul and subtle body are then transferred to the new physical body not directly at the moment of conception (if I remember correctly), but soon after and before birth.

> Bg 2.13 — As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change.
>>
>>17825972
hahaha this post brought me joy thanks anon you made my day
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.