[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fibonacci sequence, the golden ratio, logarithmic spirals..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 468x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 468x402
The fibonacci sequence, the golden ratio, logarithmic spirals.. What does it all mean?

Whats the explanation behind this "coding" at the micro-level of the world around us?

Is this evidence of a higher power programming the universe to abide formulaically to a predetermined function?
>>
>>17823772
>Is this evidence of a higher power programming the universe to abide formulaically to a predetermined function?

i think so. look at the similarities between human veins and the "veins" in plants that carry water
>>
>>17823772
>ITT:ARE SPIRALS MADE BY AYYLIENS?
>>
I don't think it's necessarily a higher power but rather a convenient way for things to work. Like, if it weren't like that, it would work but less.
>>
>>17823772
This is probably to do with bog standard physics. Specifically entropy. The natural tendency of the universe is to tend towards the lowest energy state. These golden ratios and sequences are likley the most efficient ways of reducing energy States of whatever system they are apart of. You could argue life itself and all our endeavours are simply the universe finding the most efficient way to increase entropy.
>>
>>17823800
Or the most convenient way for things to happen.

>>17823801
I prefer my version.
>>
>>17823772
WhAT DOES IT MEAN?!
Intelligent design.
>>
>>17823820
The universe doesn't care what you prefer unfortunately
>>
File: 1356919277244.jpg (2 MB, 1846x1408) Image search: [Google]
1356919277244.jpg
2 MB, 1846x1408
we exist as solid matter at our speed(rate of entropy) but we are more to the tone of wave vibrations and patterns that can be found in any system
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 400x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 400x319
>>17823801
Im certainly not a math or physics major. Can you elaborate on how the golden spiral favors lower energy states?
>>
>>17823832
I'm not that guy, but I majored in math.
The Fibonacci sequence is more or less a meme.
>>
>>17823842
>The Fibonacci sequence is more or less a meme.
American Education, everyone.
>>
The golden ratio is addition and multiplication in the same sequence.

1+1=2
1+2=3
2+3=5
2+5=8 and so on. You know the drill.

Well, this asymptotically approaches multiplication.

8*Φ=12.94≈13
13*Φ≈21.03≈21
21*Φ≈33.98≈34
34*Φ≈55.01≈55

Between repeated addition and multiplication, you can get every other equation in existence. Nature kinda' cheats this by going fuzzy with its math, since fibonacci numbers are only approximately multiples of phi. But I mean, it's whatever. It's casual Friday every day, when you're in the process of evolution.

Also this girl is maybe an alien:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahXIMUkSXX0
>>
File: Leonardo_topographical_map.jpg (152 KB, 613x613) Image search: [Google]
Leonardo_topographical_map.jpg
152 KB, 613x613
500 years ago Da Vinci in his codexes wrote about her patterns of vortexes and spirals in water, “In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time.” He even made a fractal topographical map just from a philosophical understanding and intuition. The fibbonacci sequence and fractals are additions or replications of themselves which is >>17823801 the most efficient way to increase entropy. The same idea can be carried over into philosophy in self realization/awareness, and in the Renaissance philosophy and science were the same, as they are in reality. The secret of what causes lightning and how to control weather and the next step in science will be in understanding a lot of this. Mandelbrot said in his book that many scientists when he was younger had these problems on their mind but were limited technologically and until Mandelbrot was able to plot the equations into an IBM computer we never really started to unlock a lot of it...
>>
>>17823850
What do you mean?
>>
>>17823832
The funny thing is that the Mona Lisa still bores me.
>>
>>17823868
Also check dendrite formation in the solidification of metals
>>
>>17823868
Very interesting? What more do you believe can be unlocked?
>>
File: 1465921498928.jpg (89 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1465921498928.jpg
89 KB, 1080x1920
>>17824006
Magic bruh! And dragons! And Fuz Ro Dahs! And idk peace hopefully or hookers and cocaine, whatever God has in his plan i guess
>>
File: leonardotree1.jpg (20 KB, 300x311) Image search: [Google]
leonardotree1.jpg
20 KB, 300x311
>>17824006
i feel to an extent that everything that has is has already been, everything has a balance and everything has a plan. 100 years ago people believed in social Darwinism think what will happen in 100 more.
>>
File: Kaminarox.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kaminarox.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>17823772
>spiral power
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!
>>
>>17823856
You can't get everything equation in existence from addition and multiplication. Functions and relations must be relatively well behaved to be represented simply as a series
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 268x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 268x326
>>17823842
>be leonardo of pisa
>write the book of abacus
>spread hindu-arabic numerals throughout europe
>be known as the most talented western mathetician of the middle ages
>die alone in 1240
>watch earthlings from above
>see person call the crowning achievement of my life a meme
>mfw
>>
>>17823772
>>17823801
It seems to be the expression of fundamental forces that compose existence, the law of physics. There are truths that pervade throughout the universe across all levels. These truths are present in the math we learn as well as the beauty we recognize in art. As we know it, there are rules to the universe.

>>17823829
>we exist as solid matter at our speed(rate of entropy) but we are more to the tone of wave vibrations and patterns that can be found in any system
This seems to be a pretty accurate description of our existence.

>>17823868
The universe is a fractal. Existence behaves as a fractal when it travels along time.

>>17824205
Our experience is of the universe as a piece of the universe. Time is the whole experiencing itself, but the whole is always complete and in its entirety.
>>
>>17823772
somewhere in time life found the best possible way to do "things" and then used it everywhere it needed it..i don't see a big mystery behind it
>>
>>17823772
CIRCLES MAN, ITS ALL IN THE CIRCLES
>>
>>17823772
That is the power of the spiral! My drill is my soul, and I'll use it to drill through the heavens!
>>
>>17823823
I will use sheer willpower to flatten the Earth.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 220x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 220x284
>>17824388
>be Évariste
>see this post
>well maybe that's what you deserve if you give the normies numbers and work in shitty number theory instead of making a new branch of maths.
>seriously reatardo, u fockin wot? I don't even need your little bitch "numbers." U just fuckin go back and pretend every spiral is your special little golden spiral k m8?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1805x2391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1805x2391
>>17825634
>tfw reatardo gets rekd
>>
>>17823772
The mathematics of efficiency.
>>
>>17824309
No, no, you're looking at it wrong way. Here, hold it this way.

You can get everything in EXISTENCE from addition and multiplication, including the equation for a being that conceives of functions and relations in their imagination which cannot be produced by addition and multiplication. Addition and multiplication gets you the rules for the universe, and the rules for the universe, given enough iterations, then spawn conscious entities which can do whatever. Please remember that what's in your imagination is one step outwards from what's in existence.
>>
>>17823772
The Spin gives you power, m8.
>>
File: Fibonacci Sequence.jpg (2 KB, 65x85) Image search: [Google]
Fibonacci Sequence.jpg
2 KB, 65x85
It explains why kids love the taste of Cinammon Toast Crunch
>>
>>17825310
Its still quite mysterious to me. Awe inspiring to say the least
>>
>>17823801
This is very well put, padiwan.
>>
File: sRn6kbx.jpg (57 KB, 773x579) Image search: [Google]
sRn6kbx.jpg
57 KB, 773x579
>>17826560
i mean..it is the evidence for a consciousness..life finds its way isn't just a thing when say..it is..life is a consciousness which learns and try's to get "perfect" in every aspect..through evolution till perfection..
that even works if you call it god...
at some point there wasn't a fibonachi sequence or spirals it was just chaos and before that..who knows maybe just black..life or the consciousness created patterns then these patterns got energie and mass than it turned into living things that are so fucking advanced that we ourselve have so much going on in our body that we are almost a universe ourself and get a glimpse of that consciousness and then something funny happens..we are life itself anf everything but every soul got separated and ask itself..what am i and why...straight inception shit because if we wouldn't give a fuck about everything run around naked without pcs internet or books we would probably evolve faster than through science because we make more problems that we than have to solve as we had before..food water babys thats it..look what we build around these 3 things..the fibonachi sequence is a fart in the wind against that
>>
File: 43456674.jpg (145 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
43456674.jpg
145 KB, 600x375
>>
>>17823772
1. Galaxies are accretion disks frozen in time. The spiral you see isn't logarithmic. Our models might show it as logarithmic because our math is limited.
2. Hurricanes and tornadoes, same principle. It's a vortex not unlike an accretion disk. Not all spirals are logarithmic.
3. The two plants do follow Fibonacci sequences.

(1+sqrt(5))/2 is the optimum rate of growth for any linear system. It multiplies by adding, so to speak.
>>
Go forth in the love and the light and the power and the peace of the One Infinite Creator.
>>
>>17823772
Umm... none of the spirals in those four pictures match the golden spiral. Even the two with the spiral overlaid on top clearly show they aren't matching! The closest one is the bottom right, and even it isn't a match, maybe "approximate" at best, which doesn't cut it when you start talking numbers. 2 + 2 = APPOXIMATELY 5 doesn't fucking fly, so why should this?
>>
>>17823829
>we are more to the tone of wave vibrations and patterns
I don't think you understand the words you are using. "tone of wave vibrations" isn't a thing. A tone is a musical or vocal sound with reference to its pitch, quality, and strength. A wave is an oscillation accompanied by a transfer of energy that travels through medium (space or mass). Vibration is an oscillation of the parts of a fluid or an elastic solid whose equilibrium has been disturbed, or of an electromagnetic wave.

If you are using 'tone' and 'wave' together, then only way it makes sense is if you are talking about sound waves. Are you saying we are sound waves? 'wave vibration' isn't a thing at all. A vibration can cause a wave, but the wave itself isn't a vibration.

The only logical conclusion I can come to based on the words you are using, is that you are trying to say that we are sound waves... which makes no fucking sense.
>>
File: image.png (652 KB, 508x681) Image search: [Google]
image.png
652 KB, 508x681
>>17828048
Dude what the fuck are you trying to say. I damn near went crosseyed trying to read that abortion of a paragraph
>>
>>17828511
Why not? If we were sound waves, what thing would that imply that contradicts something else you know?
>>
>>17828870
Sound waves are the movement of air molecules. WE are a combination of solid and liquid matter. A sound wave isn't a physical thing, it's the specific type of movement of air caused by force exerted on it.

Trying to say that we ARE sound waves is already contradictory.
>>
>>17828888
Nice quads.

If soundwaves are only waves of air molecules, then how do you hear loud music through a wall? Do you think the music goes around the wall and eventually echoes into the room you're in? Do you think the air molecules pass through the wall, into the room you're in?
>>
>>17828109
This room makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable for some reason
>>
>>17829065
>If soundwaves are only waves of air molecules, then how do you hear loud music through a wall?
Did you drop out in 8th grade or something? The vibration of the air molecules vibrates the wall, which in turn vibrates the air molecules on the other side of it.

For fuck's sake, pick up a damn book for once in your life and learn something.
>>
Hmm.
>>17829083
>The vibration of the air molecules vibrates the wall, which in turn vibrates the air molecules on the other side of it.
>>17829065
>Sound waves are the movement of air molecules. WE are a combination of solid and liquid matter.

Could it... possibly be that vibrations through solid or liquid materials are sound waves?
>>
>>17829102
>Could it... possibly be that vibrations through solid or liquid materials are sound waves?
Yes, you fucking mong, but that doesn't mean the medium itself is a sound wave.

When you hear loud music through the wall, is the wall itself a sound wave? Fuck, you're slow. Please be trying to troll me, because this is just getting sad, now.
>>
>>17829116
>Yes, you fucking mong, but that doesn't mean the medium itself is a sound wave.

If the medium itself was in fact a soundwave, what would be true based on that assumption that isn't true in reality?
>>
File: rather poor.png (75 KB, 374x302) Image search: [Google]
rather poor.png
75 KB, 374x302
https://www.lhup.edu/%7Edsimanek/pseudo/fibonacc.htm
Ill just leave this here
>>
>>17829128
>If the medium itself was in fact a soundwave
It's not. Here, apparently I have to get the textbook definition of "soundwave" for you.
>>a wave of compression and rarefaction, by which sound is propagated in an elastic medium such as air.
There you go.
>what would be true based on that assumption that isn't true in reality?
What the fuck are you trying to ask here? Are you high? Mentally deficient? I don't know how to simplify this any more for you, but let me try.

Imagine a completely still pond full of water. You drop a rock in the water. The ripples that come from that would be the sound wave. The wave moves through the water as a medium, but the water itself is not a wave. It's still just water, being moved by the energy of the dropped rock.

The MOVEMENT is the WAVE. The WATER is the MEDIUM. The water is not movement. Something that can perform an action is not the same as the action itself.

Saying "the medium itself was in fact a soundwave" would be like saying "the man himself is in fact a walk".

Do you understand yet? Because I'm not sure if I can break it down any further than that.
>>
>>17829172
What if what we thought of as matter was actually *little* tiny vortices of vibration all along? If this were true, would it contradict any of the known facts of the universe?
>>
>>17829172
>>17829310

The idea of existence being tiny waves is essentially string theory
>>
>>17829316
No, no that can't possibly be the case. Haven't you been reading this guys' posts?
>>17829172
>[Sound is] a wave of compression and rarefaction, by which sound is propagated in an elastic medium such as air.

If sound is a wave, how can matter also be a wave? What kind of nonsense quackery are you trying to pull here? Matter is a wave... preposterous.
>>
>>17829310
>What if what we thought of as matter was actually *little* tiny vortices of vibration all along?
>vortices of vibration
A vortex is a shape, and a vibration is a type of action. I would ask you WHAT is in the shape of a vortex, and WHAT is it that is vibrating?

I think your misunderstanding of these things might trace back to the fundamentals of language. Would you please refresh yourself on the basics of nouns, adjectives, and verbs, because you are mixing them up SO badly right now, I'm having trouble comprehending how.

You are using the term "vortice of vibration" as a noun, but the words are an adjective and a verb. What is the noun you are attaching the the adjective to? What is the noun that is taking an action (of vibrating)?
>>
>>17829323
>If sound is a wave, how can matter also be a wave?
>implying mutually exclusive
Here, read this http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/waves/Lesson-1/What-is-a-Wave
Nice way to take out of context. A wave is a broader term than SOUND wave. Don't try to red herring this by trying to misapply QM to the macro. Unless you've perfected the grand unified theory of everything, it doesn't work.
Anon strung words together without thinking about their definition, and basically said "matter is sound waves", and is now trying to win the gold medal in mental gymnastics to avoid admitting the mistake.
>>
File: tumblr_ns7c55LDjW1ubpkvbo1_500.jpg (126 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns7c55LDjW1ubpkvbo1_500.jpg
126 KB, 500x422
>mfw the universe is spirals
>>
>>17829384
>If sound is a wave, how can matter also be a wave?
>implying mutually exclusive

Oh. So than it is possible that matter waves are sound waves? Or is not possible? Which is it?
>>
>>17825326
The earth will use sheer gravitational pull to blow itself back out again, but do what makes you happy love.
>>
>>17829473
Are you being daft on purpose? I already explained what sound waves are, and gave you a link explaining waves in general. Matter waves are different from sound waves. Matter waves are a concept in QM. Sound waves aren't a thing on that small scale, since it requires a medium made of matter. come on, man, you can get this.
>>
>>17823772
It is a simbol of the etternal circulating and improvement of life and the universe
>>
File: 1466103739077.gif (490 KB, 382x498) Image search: [Google]
1466103739077.gif
490 KB, 382x498
>>17828774
i know.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 500x390
>>17829467
Just read uzumaki last week. So good
>>
ITT: bitches dont know about fractals and the boring reasons why they are everywhere
>>
File: golden ratio.jpg (58 KB, 600x371) Image search: [Google]
golden ratio.jpg
58 KB, 600x371
>>
File: pi.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
pi.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
you should watch the movie "Pi" which is about a math genius figuring out what you're asking for and much more, also minor spoops
>>
https://youtu.be/EDlC7oG_2W4
>>
>>17831070
song of the thread, i listen to Tool regularly
>>
>>17831020
This guy.
Pi was weird, but still a good film
>>
>>17828511
It's a colloquialism, professor.

i.e. Your post was more to the tone of an autistic rant than a smart-guy schoolin' a fool.
>>
>>17823772
>Is this evidence of a higher power programming the universe to abide formulaically to a predetermined function?
Just by looking at cells you can tell that theres no way they can do all that if they are not designed by ''something bigger''
>>
you need something to move. you invent the wheel. you need something else to move. do you spend the time to invent a new wheel or do you use the one you've already made? it's pretty simple, quit speaking in math riddles
>>
>>17831277
Is the fibonaccio sequence and golden spiral a n impression of movement through perceived space in a 2d form? Evidence for our 4D timesnakes?
>>
>>17823832
Physics grad here.
The golden spiral is a graph that's made from the equation r = a e^(b \theta), where r from the center of the spiral to a particular point, theta's the angle of that point relative to the x-axis, and a & b are just constants. e is the exponential constant, which I presume you know.
This means any physical relation which has phenomena depending on this sort of exponential relation will behave in that spiral manner. There's lots of examples of these exponential relations, from nuclear decay to some quantum interactions.
So, you have a lot of physical laws that depend on this sort of relation. For this kind of system, the minimum energy state (found by the derivative of the system) will take on the same exponential form (but multiplied by b [look up exponential differentials if you don't understand])
But when you throw in non-exponential relations, such as gravity (not exponential, behaves as f(r) = ar^-2) these change the spiral behaviour which may be warped and be no longer spiral shaped, or might retain some of it's spiral qualities.
The reason you DO see spiral patterns in some things, is essentially because it's more influenced by the exponential forces at work than it is the other forces at work (other forces are weaker).
Considering OP's examples, the spiral of a nebula is because in the minimised energy state of a galaxy you can imagine it as a flattened disc (which is the least energy shape considering only gravity). The rotation of whatever's at the center (blackholes usually) has an exponential behaviour. So now, everything that was in our stationary disc, gets spiraled in because of the rotation.
The weather picture is more or less the same example, but in terms of fluid rotation.
Not sure about the other two cuz biology's shit.
>>
>>17831166
>correcting something blatantly wrong is now autistic
Nice try at damage control, you illiterate nigger. Go back to watching spirit science.
>>
>>17829066
Maybe it's the pentagram on the wall
>>
>>17829066
I felt the same way
>>
>>17823772
Not spirals, but fractals.
Fractals are everywhere, the fractal mathmatically is the root of everything.
>>
It doesn't mean anything. It's just a pattern. The reason it seems significant is because we evolved to seek out patterns. Each example you gave has its own separate circumstances for forming they way it did.

I might as well post a some pictures of hexagons in nature. Honeycomb, natural rock formations, saturn's pole and a glucose molecule. All separate and largely unrelated instances, but together our mind sees the similarities and attempts to form a connection.

This is useful behavior if you're a hunter-gatherer out for his next meal, but given the immense amount of information the modern world provides, you should take care not to fixate on stuff like this too much.
>>
Just been kind of lurking here.

What is the name of the idea or the theory that things are programmed into nature? That things are coded at a micro level?

Its just at the tip of my tongue and I can't seem to find it.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.