[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting deployed to Africa in October guys, what kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: africasatview.jpg (41 KB, 495x470) Image search: [Google]
africasatview.jpg
41 KB, 495x470
I'm getting deployed to Africa in October guys, what kind of spoopy stuff can I get mixed up in over there?
>>
AAAAIIIIIIIIDS
>>
>>17823683
Fuck tribal women
>>
>>17823685
>>17823690
No jungle fever here boys
>>
>>17823685
Anon knows all the spoopy happenings
>>
File: 1463080974859.jpg (22 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1463080974859.jpg
22 KB, 604x453
>>17823683

Which part, anon?

Nothing really spoopy, just a bunch of corrupt leaders and dangerous criminals.
>>
Black people
>>
>>17823705
Haven't told us yet. I'm getting rumors about either Congo or Horn of africa.
>>
>>17823705
If we go to the Congo, I'd love to stumble on some cool ruins or something. All I can think of is wearing a pith hat like a British Explorer and hacking through the dense jungles to some cool forgotten civilization
>>
>>17823723
>Civilization
>In congo
topkek
>>
>>17823736
Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing after I wrote it.
>>
>>17823741
But to be fair theres all that tale about Mokele Mbembe and all that dinasour like shit in the congo forest.
But i bet there would be way more iteresting shit on the horn
>>
File: ethiop001.jpg (118 KB, 499x841) Image search: [Google]
ethiop001.jpg
118 KB, 499x841
>>17823717
>>17823723
You'd actually be much more likely to find something like that in the Horn.

But anyway, there's nothing really specific that can be said unless we know where you're going. West Africa has voodoo shit and murder cults. The Congo is just scary without any need for the supernatural, as is Somalia. Ethiopia has a long Christian history and there's a lot of folk-religion and superstition, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z%C4%81r and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buda_(folklore). They also have magic scrolls (pic related).

Any part of Africa, like any shithole, will be filled with superstition and folk-magic.
>>
I think im having a mandela effect shit right now. Wasn't congo always spelled as kongo? Im from the US
>>
voodoo?
>>
>>17823768
No
>>
>>17823768
Sort of. It's name comes from the Catholic Kingdom of Kongo but the modern country and the river are almost always spelled with a C.
>>
I'll make another thread when I figure out exactly where I'll be going. Thanks for the help so far guys
>>
>>17823717
I've actually spent 5 weeks in the Congo before, and if you're looking for spooks, check out some of the local cults. A lot of them are independent "Christian" churches that do a shit-ton of exorcisms and things like that.
They hold enough sway that they'll convince people that their toddlers are witches, at which point they're usually tortured and/or left out in the streets to die.
You can also find a lot of voodoo-style (but not actually voodoo, that's west Africa) traditions and items if you look hard enough. The markets there are fucking crazy, and you can find all kinds of probably possessed items there.
Also, expect the police to demand money from you because you're white.

This is gonna be a layer of hell if you're scared of spiders.
>>
>>17823810
Shit that must be it.I've been playing EU4 lately
>>
>I'm getting deployed to Africa

Africa is HUGE. Not enough info OP
>>
>>17823683
Kony2012
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.