[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /x/, have any of you seen 10 Cloverfield Lane? Thinking if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Hey /x/, have any of you seen 10 Cloverfield Lane? Thinking if watching it as I am a huge fan of Cloverfield, but won't if it'll disappoint me.
>>
>>17822916
>huge fan of Cloverfield
Really?
>>
>>17822919
Unfortunately yes, really
>>
>>17822916
Yeah it's a great movie. Just don't go in expecting it to be a sequel to Cloverfield or you will be disappointed.
>>
>>17822919
I didn't think it was THAT bad. I mean I watched it when it came out and I was like 14, so that could be why.
>>
File: Advanced stupid.png (456 KB, 590x453) Image search: [Google]
Advanced stupid.png
456 KB, 590x453
>>17822916
How about watching it yourself and making your own fucking opinions?

>I'm gonna ask a bunch of random strangers in the cesspool of the internet if they liked something so I can like it too.

This board just get stupider by the bloody minute.
>>
>>17822987
Oh yeah definitely do not trust younger you to judge media. There are tons of adult references in cartoons that I would never have gotten as a kid. It only becomes apparent when you watch it again.
>>
>>17823006
It'd only make sense if you were actually interested in the content of this board. You're probably not even a horror fan. Go fuck yourself.
>faggot shill detected hard
>>
I really liked it too friend. Haven't seen cloverfield lane dont see why these guys are being anal about it
>>
>>17822916
If you've seen the trailer / preview for 10 Cloverfield Lane, then you know about 80% of the movie.

It's a fun little movie set in a fascinating environment, but it could have been much better.
>>
>>17823006
Why even waste your time if it's only to criticize someone else?
>>
>>17823042
White knighting much?
It makes sense in every way. Adquiring taste is something you must do growing up, and you only can do that doing things by yourself, instead asking people here if they aprove what you can see, like this is some kind of retarded clubhouse. That is just moronic, thing you know good since you are calling shill to anyone with a different opinion than yourst.

>>17823191
>Implying
There are morons like OP in every board, anons too scared, repressed, dumb to do things by themselves.

Hey OP, how about you watch the movie and come back and we debate about it, instead making the laziest path possible?
>>
Some people don't want to waste 1.5/2 hours of their time on a film they won't enjoy, I can totally relate to that.

But 4chan is not the place to ask "Should I watch...?"
Go and see/read a spoiler free review OP.
>>
>>17823322
>White knighting much?
I'm defending my own board, faggot. GTFO.
>>
>>17823322
You're an idiot. Movie suggestions from machine learning processes are shit. People recommend shit to each other all the time. This is why it's called popular culture. Do you literally think you get to come here and tell people not to be people? Fuck off.
>>
>>17823322
>some kind of retarded clubhouse
You, in addition to being a newfag, haven't been here long, and moreover understand nothing about the true nature of 4chan. I tried to make a thread about this but I know it's already been deleted. I'm always too subtle about this stuff.
>>
>>17823576
Hahahahahaha I used to be One of The drawfags when this board had weekly drawthreads, do you remember those? No? No surprise there. Where were you 5 years ago?
>>
>>17824233
he was pisss you pant
>>
>>17824233
Not the guy you're arguing with, but obviously you're lying.

Or you're simply retarded, based on your writing style and evident bitterness dripping off you like your daddy's spunk drips from your arsehole.
>>
>>17824414
god i wish that were me
>>
File: 1375892456595.png (107 KB, 709x2000) Image search: [Google]
1375892456595.png
107 KB, 709x2000
>>17823006

>Expecting anything from a 4chan board
>>
File: 1465952104405.jpg (32 KB, 447x447) Image search: [Google]
1465952104405.jpg
32 KB, 447x447
>>17824414
>and evident bitterness dripping off you like your daddy's spunk drips from your arsehole.
Nice try, kid.

>>17824368
Try english next time

>>17824575
Heresy!
But never miss a chance to tell newfags where they belong
>>
>>17824599
>Nice try, kid.

Ahh, the standard response from someone who is, in all probability, a kid themselves, and has just lost an argument.

Congratulations on completing your collectible cliche kit.
>>
>>17822987
I agree it wasn't horrible. Wasn't good enough for anybody to be a "huge fan" though.
>>
>>17822916
>Huge fan of cloverfield

Do any of you retards going to point out it doesn't actually have anything to do with Cloverfield? Even the producers said they named it 10 cloverfield lane as cash grab.
>>
>>17822916
I watched that with my family, but I've never seen Cloverfield itself.

It was average until the last 1/4 of the movie, where it just gets terrible. 1/4 being an estimate and not an actual amount.

I don't really want to spoil it though.
>>
>>17824998
>Do any of you retards going to point out

>can't into english
>calls others retards
>>
>>17825048
Go ahead and spoil it, I want to know what happens.
>>
>>17825136
Not entirely 100% on the minor details, because I wasn't really paying attention near the end.

Basically the creepy kidnapper guy is actually a creepy kidnapper, but he's not wrong about the threat outside. It was like an hour of "Is he insane?" or "Is he just protecting them from what's now outside?" only to end with the main villain killing the MC's potential love interest and her escaping the deranged man and encountering aliens that the main girl fights off like some cliche monster movie. The kidnapper side of the story wasn't really that great and the alien felt completely out of place. I think it'd have been better if they committed to one of the ideas instead of trying them both.

Don't judge the movie solely based on what I say though, for obvious reasons.
>>
I won't call it /x/ tier, but I quite enjoyed it. It's rare to find such artsy sort of movies in this genre. If it is a sequel to Cloverfield, then that is pretty cool, since it is nothing like Cloverfield and it is pushing the boundaries film making.
>>
>>17825160
They say it's a direct sequel, but I think that's just JJ Abrams being a drooling retard again. There's no actual tie-in, and the movie is fine without attaching a barely decent found footage film to the mix.

The only thing I didn't like was the molotov scene, was way too honey and convenient. I would have rather liked to watch her fight off one of the creatures then get away in the car.
>>
>>17825183
Hokey, not honey. My fault.
>>
There's no cloverfield monster in it.
>>
>>17822916
It's boring
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.