[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With the advent of technology and digital media the "UFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: AnxpT.jpg (17 KB, 898x532) Image search: [Google]
AnxpT.jpg
17 KB, 898x532
With the advent of technology and digital media the "UFO phenomenon" has all but vanished.

While microbial life may certainly exist somewhere on other planets, can /x/ agree that the idea of little green men were a primarily American social hysteria?
>>
>American social hysteria?

The most well reserached and substantial UFO cases come from outside the U.S, my fedora tipping friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeNrsSVlKdY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taGuuHv5Bsc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f3X1LDCaJE
>>
Do you have proof the concept was mostly American?
Because there was an entire European Metropolis filled with people that reported first contact years ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voronezh_UFO_incident

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/11/world/ufo-landing-is-fact-not-fantasy-the-russians-insist.html

The Russian Government claims this is legitimate.
>>
>>17821325
With the advent of photoshop, Americans are no longer able to ascertain fantasy from reality. First they become reliant on media to tell them what to believe. And this worked for a time when media couldn't be faked. Then media could be faked, and Americans had no other system of fact checking to fall back on.

The only reason it appears to you that the "UFO phenomenon has all but vanished" is because you're looking for it through digital media. If you really want to follow the "UFO phenomenon," you might have to temporarily leave your comfort zone, and do some field research, because the "UFO phenomenon" has left digital media behind.

What, you think people who mastered the art of interstellar fucking travel can't tell when you're pointing a camera at them? If you had factual evidence of all things ETs could know about your personal life, the intimate detail to which they can view EVERYTHING that happens down on this planet, you wouldn't be the same person anymore. That's basically why contact, if it's occurring at all, would be proceeding very slowly, and only for people who voluntarily seek it out.

But this just a hypothesis, of course.
>>
>>17821325
>American

Most of the bullshit ufo "phenomena" comes from Mexico and South America.
>>
>>17821325

There are life giving planets that are a million years ahead of us. There is intelligent life out there, no doubt. Whether or not it's here, is what separates the fact from the crazy.
>>
File: shinningkid.jpg (13 KB, 250x332) Image search: [Google]
shinningkid.jpg
13 KB, 250x332
>has all but vanished

wew lads.

have you even tried doing a youtube search?
literally dozens of ufo channels that post new videos multiple times a week. sometimes 3 videos daily.

have you not noticed what happend to the history channel in recent years? fucking ancient aliens was THE number one show for a good while untill the company switched it to H2 channel for no apparent reason. the rating were good so why the sudden swap?

have you not noticed the constant stream of ALIENSRBADKILLTHEMALL movies like the new independence day 2? Youre an Idiot if you dont think lots of truth has been hidden in plain sight via the mass media and various pop culture icons.

>little green men were primarily american social hysteria

You're right on this account. Most depictions of grays or whatever are just to make all aliens seem scary. Cattle mutilations arent real. anal probing isnt real. Pretty much anything in the media like a film or documentary of abduction "victims" is going to completely missleading and filled with half truths. If it tries to induces fear about aliens, its 100% false.
>>
>>17821325

>the "UFO phenomenon" has all but vanished.

The only issue we have today is the fact that the internet, drones, and computer programs have made it easier for assholes to hoax the shit out of UFO's.

Other than that, nothing's changed.
>>
>>17821339
so it is american social hysteria
>>
>>17821811
>youtube search?
thats a shit source
>>
>>17821870
This right here.

Americans (some, less than 100%) went from disbelieving the UFO phenomena and calling it a hoax, to disbelieving that the Earth is round, and calling reality itself a hoax. Even if someone has captured an interstellar craft on film, nobody would even know what an interstellar craft is supposed to look like, except people who already know from experience that interstellar craft exist. Until you experience an interstellar craft in person, you have no basis of comparison to tell if the footage you're seeing of one is correct or not.
>>
>>17821759
>bullshit
It comes from america. The best cases come from spicland
>>
It's kind of ironic, in the era of digital cameras that allow you to record videos in a couple of seconds, reports of UFO decline, why ? Because people don't look to the skies anymore. They just walk arlund and check their phones, always looking at them. This is why people from poorer countries tend to report UFOs more often.
I also tend to dislike the american UFO stuff, because most of the third kind of encounters and above include greys. I think greys are just Hollywood crafted images, and people go back to those images when they get sleep paralysis, showing a reflection of the cultural stereotype generated by society.
The best alien around the globe are from people whom have encountered beign of pure light that shift into UFOs. There are also well documented and even controlled cases of UFOs:
http://www.hessdalen.org/station/stream2.shtml
>>
File: Camera comparison.jpg (74 KB, 800x641) Image search: [Google]
Camera comparison.jpg
74 KB, 800x641
>>17821991

No, what's "ironic" is the fact that cameras designed to capture images of objects from less than, say, 20 meters, under ideal lighting conditions, are expected by fucking morons to capture images of objects from thousands of meters away under shitty light conditions.

pic related: camera and lens used to capture players on a field from under 200M away

And yet you dumb niggers think a phone / home camera will capture decent footage of an aircraft at over 10 times that distance?
>>
>>17822526
Piss off you dumb cunt, they capture the light.
>>
oh look a bunch of excuses to try and keep a fantasy alive.
>>
>>17821325
>little green men
Yeah, definitely an American pop culture thing.
>microbial life
I believe in this because I've used a microscope in highschool science classes. That is the only real reason for me to believe it. I haven't done a compression analysis on what kinds of technology it's possible to fit into a microscope, so I can't say that it was definitely real and that other people are supposed to believe me, but I trust that it was just a magnification device and thus believe what I saw.

Nothing can replace the experience within me.
>the "UFO phenomenon"
Is real. People suck as identifying flying objects.
>advent of technology and digital media
Aliens can use technology and digital media more readily than they can use other things. They'll also likely get away with it with minimal damage to the local culture of the planet they fuck with.
>>
>>17821325
>can /x/ agree
No.
>>
>>17823167
What fantasy you stupid ? UFOs are real, their origin is the only question
>>
I don't think it is an American social hysteria... people in all other countries make claims of UFO sights and abduction.

However, I believe the idea of "little green men" is just a stereotype.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.