[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are psychic abilities different from magic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: alien painting.png (760 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
alien painting.png
760 KB, 2048x1365
Are psychic abilities different from magic.
>>
>>17819784
No. They're both fake and gay.

Show tits.
>>
>>17819784
Magic is unexplained science.

Psychic abilities just means your hats on right.

Magik is pew pew lazars from Emriss.
>>
>>17819800
Welcome to 4chan!
You must be 18 or older to browse the forums.
>>
>>17819800
This or gtfo

>>17820417
gtfo now
>>
>>17820420
>>17819800
Unwarranted request for tits. OP in no way claimed to be female.
>>
>>17819784
Magic is any ability or power unexplainable by science.
Psychic abilities are power and ability obtained through perception and other aspects of the mind.
Psychic abilities are far more accepted by the scientific community as well for some reason.
>>
Some poker players demonstrate psychic abilities.

When I was really into poker I could 'feel/visualize' the 2 specific cards in a number of opponents hands and be right a fairly substantial amount of time

I lost the skill since then, it's strange.
>>
In essence they are the same, but its like comparing two atoms, you can't really its all just theory. Even if it is accepted as true the proof only comes from your faith an any given theory. I mean when was the last time you saw an atom... Oh wait, they are to small to freely observe.
>>
>>17819784
Sorta the same in that you have to practice both. They are really interlinked, psychic stuff is just magic/k that happens to come from your head, desu.
>>
>>17820566
Those are shitty definitions.
Magic shouldn't suddenly stop being magic just because science figures out how to explain it.
>>
>>17819784
>Are psychic abilities different from magic.

Yes.
>>
>>17820781
because it was luck
>>
File: wtfcasting.jpg (47 KB, 435x571) Image search: [Google]
wtfcasting.jpg
47 KB, 435x571
>>17819784
Yes and no. Anons force certain definitions ITT, but the difference depends on the tradition and paradigm you go by. For example, stuff like hermeticism's rituals would be obviously very different. At the same time, many lifelong regimes of occult exercises develop not only faculties associated with traditional, western occult work but also help develop abilities that help with actual psychic undertakings.

Some traditions of magic concentrate on preconstructed rituals and proceedings, while psychic abilities are usually spontaneous expressions of innate capabilities of the soul. But advanced practitioner develops those capabilities a bit anyway, just never concentrating on them. Many siddhis, for example, in eastern esoteric traditions (including stuff like yoga and buddhism) practically are psychic powers, developed through contemplation, meditation and mental exercises often not unlike ones done by an average active occultist.

So, while traditionally defined psychic abilities are different from traditional occult workings, especially ones dependant on external forces, both are expression of one's soul and are also connected, sometimes up to the point that, at least theoretically, for some really advanced adept/guru/whatever they'd start being different approaches to the same thing.

Funnily enough, it also depends on the definition of magic. If you go with something "ability to affect the natural world through supernatural work", which is just one of many broad definitions of magic, you'll find that it describes psychic abilities as well.
>>
>>17820437
Believing nonsense is a pretty common female trait. Just look at meme diets and horoscopes.
>>
>>17819784
Psychic abilities are a subcategory of magic.
>>
>>17820781
Luck and probability, I do this with M:tG.

If I know what my opponent is playing, I can guess the moves he will make, and prepare for them.

If I'm playing someone good, they're going to guess that I'm guessing what they'll do, and it becomes a game of, should I feign ignorance or try to trap him into making the moves I want him to? If I play someone who makes mistakes right off the bat I can typically do whatever I want to, and still win.

Poker is like proto-magic, I'd say magic and poker share some of the same reasoning skills, but poker calls on you to apply them more often.
>>
>>17821598
>doesn't analyze their birth chart

What's it like to be a pleb even on /x/
>>
Yes, there are many types of mental illnesses. All can be dealt with by anheroing.
>>
well i just went to a psychic fair thing my girlfriend dragged me too, i had to tarot read, believe it or not i am i psychic or whatever you want to call it, ive predicted deaths and deal with the paranormal as literally a second job. when the card reader saw my cards she laughed and asked if i practiced magic. her question made me wonder the same thing. maybe in a sense yes, its all mind body and spirit. if body is power, if spirit is magic, and if mind is psychic. it quite possibly the same thing.
>>
>>17819784
Subtly, yes. Why do you ask?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.