[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you survive the zombie apocalypse /x/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Nightmare.png (713 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare.png
713 KB, 720x720
How do you survive the zombie apocalypse /x/
>>
>>17819772
>zombies become a thing
>the government takes measures to contain it
>live happily ever after

The end
>>
>>17819772
Oh also

Turn off your trip you stupid fucking retard
>>
>>17819780
I only use it when I start a thread
>>
Depends, bacterial or viral?
Do the zombies slowly heal or rot in the heat?
Can they die of blood loss?
Do other animals consider them dead or alive?
Does it spread by skin contact or does it have to get into your system?
>>
>>17819819
Also, do they need food to live or can they go weeks without it?
Are they attracted to noise or can they use smell?
>>
Assuming the ZA happens during a time when the gov't is unable to contain it (like some kind of civil war?), I would just bug in and shoot them when they get close to me.

I'm pretty lucky to live where I do, surrounded by farms so I'll see them coming, I've got lots of dry food available because I stockpile food like it matters (99% chance it doesn't, but I do it anyway), and I'm in the national guard so I've got access to a few cool weapons that are otherwise "not cool" in my state.

I don't have a lot of people to take care of so I've got some good chances of survival, but I mean, what's the point
>>
>>17819772
I would likely resort to living on the fringes of society trapping people and keeling them alive so I can eat them over an extended period of time. Much safer than trying to fight over the scraps of food left in the stores or kill all those zombies and waste ammo.
>>
>>17821973
If you can trap and kill people why not trap and kill birds and squirrels and deer?

If you're far enough away from the zed threat where people are just walking around then I'm sure there's some fauna you can harvest.
>>
>>17819772
Like one anon asked, it depends hwo those zombies work and what are they made by. If we go by the popular "bacteria/virus transmitted by blood, able to infect a new host only in certain concentration, reanimates a corpse and animates it despite progressing decay making the corpse infect others":

Depends. If I'd be in the middle of the initial outbreak, probably I wouldn't survive with higher chance than that of any other regular guy. Otherwise, easily, because >>17819776 and because zombies actually wouldn't last long - flesh actually rots fast enough that the tissue relatively quickly wouldn't be able to move the carcass and it gets even worse in extreme weather or a climate where there's plenty of flesh-eating scavengers.

Sometimes, I like to wonder if we weren't close to actual zombie disease in the past, which disease died out as it was simply not that good at propagation.
>>
>>17819819
>>17819833
In an actual apocalypse, these are all things you'd probably have to discover for yourself

By extension of OP's question: How would /x/ go about learning these things in order to handle the outbreak?
>>
>>17822034
Google in the initial stages of the pandemic, before infrastructure goes to shit, where reports of psychos and tinfoils who were the most eager to check the zombies out and consider them zombies would be available.
>>
>>17822042
>by the time you learn about whats happening, your phone is flat and theres no power to charge it or to use your wifi router or laptop/computer
Now what?
>>
>>17822069
Why would my phone be out of power?

Lots of people around me have solar panels on houses, and I don't live in a very rich area. Practically everyone has a spare usb power bank for their phone. some people could have generators.

If you're in a situation where you look around your house in an emergency and have minimal food, water, and no power, as well as no weapons to go out and take those things, you fucked yourself over.
>>
>>17822092
You're plan is to rely on the internet. What if the internet is down? And if it isnt, how do you know how accurate the info you find on google will be? If its wrong, you'll probably die, so how would you go about testing things?
>>
>>17822069
I am pretty sure that quickly progressing pandemic would be picked up and reported on long before it'd spread enough to be all over the world unless it's man-made and distributed through organised, global release and spread without any symptoms at which point - does it matter? You're already likely infected and about to turn into a zombie.
>>
>>17822133
Well we have to assume that there is absolutely no coverage of the events that lead to the za.

Let's say the situation is something like, I go out like normal, and see zombies going nuts in town. I guess I'd just watch them and see what they do? But probably just run home, and try to contact anyone, who might have some more information.

More than likely though, if there's absolutely nobody encountering these things before it gets to full blown pandemic levels, I'll be in my house for say, a 3 day stretch, and shit will have already hit the fan while I was busy watching anime and cleaning my guns like a recluse. In that situation, yeah, I'd probably be fucked because all the info I get on the enemy will have to come from contact with the enemy.

I don't doubt my ability to blast at a seemingly hostile presence though, so I might survive long enough to collect some information, gather some supplies or whatever, and make it back home to bug in indefinitely.
>>
>>17822133
What if the internet goes down?

What if mushrooms sprout from the stuff between the tiles on my bathroom floor?
>>
>>17819772
wait it out, nature will work it out.
>>
>>17822189
cont.
I'm not too worried though, because if you have, say, a months worth of provisions, you'll probably outlast the most dangerous bits of the zombie plague.

Unless they are magic zeds, they'll all break down in a matter of weeks. If it's like some rage virus thing, they'll get infected and go out to rage, where in a few weeks they'll die of grievous injuries, exposure, hunger, thirst, etc.

It's best to just hunker down, ignore the problem, wait eh, a month, 6 weeks, then go out into the world to see who made it/what supplies you can grab.

Essentially, I really don't "need" info about the virus, logic dictates that something like this cannot last indefinitely, it will burn out, so whether you learn about zed from 1st hand experience, or from someone reporting, your chances are good as long as you don't go out into infested areas to try and find a waifu to save.
>>
>>17822200
>as long as you don't go out into infested areas to try and find a waifu to save.
You were making perfect sense until this
>>
>>17819772
>deuce
underageb&
>>
>>17819772
Nigga zombies can't live long. Like just get as many survivors as you can and hide away, waiting for them to decay. Have fun trying to move and bite me when you're just bones.
>>
>>17822451
If you don't have waifus ready to go at the onset of the za then you're under prepared as it is. Just like any other resource, you should have the already on-hand.
>>
>>17819772
Depends on the zombies.

Romero Zombies: Board up my windows, put on some tea, smoke some dope and enjoy watching the happening. Then I'd wait around for the army to fix it.

28 Days Later Infected: Same scenario as before but I might try getting to the country to hunker down first if I had any advanced warning.

Dawn of the Dead running zombies: Go North, far North if I have the means. If not board up my windows and try to find the least painful suicide method.

Return of the Living Dead zombies: Kill myself immediately.
>>
File: 1456174002284.jpg (3 MB, 1421x1500) Image search: [Google]
1456174002284.jpg
3 MB, 1421x1500
>move to russia
>live in siberia
>zombies cant into body temperature
>they freeze
such is slavlife
>>
>>17819772
>How do you survive the zombie apocalypse
By not listening to that egotistical faggot and his gangsta 'homies'
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.