[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ancient Astronauts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: Ancient_Aliens_Moai-E.jpg (257 KB, 686x385) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_Aliens_Moai-E.jpg
257 KB, 686x385
Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronaut_hypothesis
how strange: http://nobodytm.com/archive/ep17.html

Are the world's cultures, religions, and societies influenced by e/x/traterrestrial beings?
>>
>>17817920

Maybe. Sitchin was full of shit by and large but The War of Gods and Men was pretty damn good. Broke clocks right twice a day or something.
>>
>>17817928

Bah. I meant The Lost Realms. The one about the gold in Central and South America.
>>
>>17817920
>Are the world's cultures, religions, and societies influenced by e/x/traterrestrial beings?

Do you work for the History channel?
>>
>>17818028
No I was reading wikipedia late at night again, and wanted to ask about the subject here.
>>
File: thecrucifixion.jpg (38 KB, 620x228) Image search: [Google]
thecrucifixion.jpg
38 KB, 620x228
I personally think it bs, based on conjecture and confirmation bias.

But I find the idea extremly interesting and entertaining.

pic:
>These two objects are part of a painting called "The Crucifixion," which was created in 1350. They are located above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia.
>>
File: madonnagiovannino2.jpg (58 KB, 619x292) Image search: [Google]
madonnagiovannino2.jpg
58 KB, 619x292
>>
Sounds like nonsense. I mean why would they dick around with humanity for centuries and then bugger off when we develop a camera? Plus art can hardly be counted as solid evidence. There aren't melted clocks and giant ants anywhere either.
>>
If anything it is like in 2001 or Prometheus. They influenced life on planet earth in a broader, more indirect way. The notion of aliens landing and telling people "hey there, this absolutely primitive shit you have? You have to do it in a slightly less primitive way. let me show it to you. ayyyyy"
>>
There's evidence of something interesting in history, though it's probably not anything like ancient aliens. That takes way too many scientific leaps of faith to make much sense at all. But there's a syncretism between different mythologies across the world, and that could very well be echoes of something culturally important to prehistoric humans that got preserved across the world.
>>
>>17818324
...is ridiculous

oops
>>
>>17818278
>Byzantine iconography;
It's the sun and moon(symbolic "celestial bodies in creation witnessed and shuddered at the death of Christ"). It's a kinda common thing in orthodox iconography.
>>
>>17818325
>something interesting in history
>syncretism between different mythologies across the world

what exactly do you mean? sounds interesting
>>
>>17818339
Mentioned in the debunking ancient aliens video. The widespread nature of stuff like flood mythology could suggest that it didn't develop separately but is instead a memory that got passed down through oral tradition and reinterpreted into different world mythologies.

Nothing supernatural, just cultural memory of an ancient disaster that stuck around long enough to become recorded myth.
>>
File: ancientastronautsgender.jpg (17 KB, 369x124) Image search: [Google]
ancientastronautsgender.jpg
17 KB, 369x124
>>17818333
yeah, I know

The most retarded one has to be pic rltd, where they seem to imply that the aliens came with modern attack helicopters
>>
File: 1374270025005.gif (2 MB, 315x302) Image search: [Google]
1374270025005.gif
2 MB, 315x302
Which is more likely?
Aliens or drugs?

Be honest.

>>17818344
You forgot the parts about the drugs though.
The syncreticism is really drug oriented.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzQ3lmB8_pU
>>
>>17818344
Oh yeah. I like the idea how things got passed down and became legends before recorded history was a thing.

It is also pretty fascinating how people reacted to cosmic events such as a supernova in 1054.
>>
>>17818361
yes, the whole world is on drugs.
historians are also constantly on drugs.
old buildings and writings are made out of drugs, too.

But it wasnt aliens either
>>
>>17817920

I'm almost entirely certain that Babylonians and Egyptians were apeing a more advanced civilization, and don't see why they couldn't come from the stars. There are too many OBEs for the conventional dating of the rise of civilization to be entirely accurate. This is a coverup of the highest magnitude. Letting the public in on it would weaken the authority of all governments and religions.
>>
>>17819296
> OBEs
OOPARTs
>>
jesus said that "my kingdom is not of this world"
>>
>>17817920
Maybe. Literally as far as the idea goes. Maybe.
>>
>>17817920
http://pastebin.com/06FEw0gZ
>>
>>17818333
Hah Jesus is doing the shocker!
>>
>>17818278
Yeah these bits of art always interested me on the subject.
>>
fuck a ring leader let a whore eat the mellow
>>
>>17823460
Stick to one thread. What are you dealing with?
>>
>>17817920
Yeah.

If you have to ask, your already know the answer.
>>
>>17817920
Projections suggest that human exposure, technical contributions, environmental classes are such that they are not considered conjunctions of opportunities, or values that are non-existent- they cannot lead to a given link. Novimium is dominant.
>>
>>17817920
Yes, and in my opinion it is pretty evident.
South american cultures and the egyptians are two examples of this.
i wont give evidence to support what im saying, but if anyone is really interested in learning about this, you should check the book "The law of one", where supposed ontact is made with ET's and they explain a lot of things regarding the contact that humans have established with other beings throughout history.

Heres a link to the full book in PDF: http://www.llresearch.org/library/the_law_of_one_pdf/the_law_of_one_pdf.aspx

I really recommend researching about this book...

Id also like to say that when i think of ET's i think more about beings who can transcend the dimension or the parameters of reality in which we exist, and not just aliens from another planet.
>>
>>17817920
of course. This is old stuff now. Aliens were 100 percent Gods from the ancient texts, including the Bible. They're still here, watching and controlling. But they're behind the scenes. They're in other dimensions the majority of the time.

There's so many different races.. it's crazy. Greys, Reptilians, Pleiadians, men in black, bird looking races, lion looking races, there's absolutely loads. Many are good and want us to advance spiritually, others do not want us to advance and are doing their very best to keep us dumbed down, trapped to this physical world.
>>
I won't entirely reject that ET contact could have influenced early human development, but pretty much all of the statues, art, etc. that people point to has a much better explanation. Sitchin especially is remarkably ignorant when it comes to art historical iconography.

This was an interesting demo of how the moai on Easter Island could very likely have been moved (in addition to cutting down trees to roll them as the Maya, Aztec, Olmec, etc. likely did): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpNuh-J5IgE
>>
Daily reminder that Sitchin is a fraud who "taught himself" cuneiform, and made up entire passages for his "translations".

Sumerian stories are interesting enough without Shitchin tried to give it the equivalent of a modern reboot.

Use this link and educate yourselves http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/edition2/etcslbycat.php
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.