[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mexico the spoopiest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: mex2_image.gif (42 KB, 800x602) Image search: [Google]
mex2_image.gif
42 KB, 800x602
Mexifag thread?

ITT: Which taco state is the spookiest?
Also general latino paranormal experiences
>>
File: }nwbkejrg.jpg (43 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
}nwbkejrg.jpg
43 KB, 242x208
I'm from Michoacan, and the spoopiest I've encountered by now is just a weird house near the hills, abandoned and shit, but that's the spookiest so far
>>
>>17817217
Those knights templar narcos do some pretty spoopy shit
>>
Yucatan. All them cenotes and Mayan sacrifices.
>>
File: barn-owl-at-night.jpg (34 KB, 327x400) Image search: [Google]
barn-owl-at-night.jpg
34 KB, 327x400
Alright I got a story for you guys.

My parents are from Neuvo Leon. I was raised there for a year before we moved to the United States. Around those parts people are really superstitious about the evil eye. For those that dont know, it's essentially the belief that staring at someone a certain way can cause misfortune or harm. Babies are especially prone to this, so they are given a wooden eye-shaped charm to shield them from harm. This charm, called "ojo de vendao" (or deer's eye), is given to babies as soon as possible. Mothers tend to leave them on their babies until baptism.

Its also supposed to make it harder for spirits to find you. But it wont get rid of them. One night my mother was alone with 3 month old me in our old house when she heard a barn owl right outside the window. It's an urban legend over there that barn owls are evil spirits that looks for the eyes of newborns to replace their own black eyes. My mom was especially scared because that same owl had been around the house for a few nights but never got that close.

The owl started flying around the house and looking through the windows. My mom held me and started praying a rosary on the ojo de venado. Eventually she heard taps on the glass. Then harder pecking, Then aggressive knocking against the glass. The owl was screeched loudly outside the whole time my mother prayed. Eventually she heard broken glass from the gallery and ran to the bedroom and locked it shut. She kept praying over the sound of battering wings and screeching outside. Finally, she got to the last bead of the little rosary, which was the actual wooden charm. As soon as she finished it, the screeching stopped and the house went quiet. She didn't open the door until my dad came home. There was broken glass on the floor and blood outside the door to the bedroom.

Next morning my dad went out to buy propane when he saw a dead animal down the road to our house. It was a barn owl with its eyes gouged out.
>>
>>17817705
Did that really happen?
>>
>>17817705
I'm pretty sure she exaggerated parts when she told it me, but the broken window and dead barn owl parts were also mentioned to me by other people. So I believe it. Besides this seems pretty tame compared to skin walkers and demons.

My grandma's neighbor had a similar eperience with barn owls. Her daughter had hazel eyes. On the ride back from the town of Bustamante, their car was followed by birds for a few kilometers. It was late in the evening so she couldn't make out the birds, but she could hear that they were owls. The whole barn owl thing is a common urban legend around there.
>>
>>17817715

Sorry, >>17817774 was meant for you
>>
>>17817777
Hopefully those lucky quad 7s will protect you from further owl attacks, Anon
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.