[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep Paralysis and the Hat Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: hat_man.jpg (911 B, 80x96) Image search: [Google]
hat_man.jpg
911 B, 80x96
To anyone in /x/ that experiences sleep paralysis, has anyone here seen the hat man? A shadowy figure wearing a wide brimmed at, and a trench coat. I've seen him a few times during my sleep paralysis. Every time I see him, though, I feel an extremely overwhelming sense of dread and despair. Sometimes he would reach out and put his hand on my chest and push.. it would feel like the life was being pushed out of me. Other times he would just lurk there, watching me. Every time he would appear, the aftermath of the attacks left me feeling like the energy had been drained from my body. I'm wondering if anyone in here has seen this thing before, and if they've had experiences of their own.
>>
I get SP too, though no hat man. I usually see tall, shadowy humanoid figures garbed in tattered black robes.
>>
>>17816514
Whoa what? Other people have seen this?
When I was about 11, I had my first sleep paralysis experience, in which I saw OP's pic staring at me from the entrance of my room, and later by my bedside.
>>
>>17817020
I was wondering the same thing, i've been visited by this apparition since i was little.. repeatedly. You're sure it was the same as the picture??
>>
>>17817020
>>17817062
>>17816514
i mentioned this in another thread, but the astonishing legends podcast talks about shadow people and the hat man and it was an interesting listen
>>
>>17817062
Looked really similar, I remember the shoulders being more broad than your picture though. But like, same pose and attire pretty much.
>>
>>17817078
yeah, this picture was the most accurate representation i could find of the full profile of this thing. It's comforting to know i'm not the only one, yet at the same time it makes it a little more unnerving for some reason.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160617-010728.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160617-010728.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>17816937
Mine look similar, as if they were made of black dust, shifting and morphing to force a humanoid shape with elongated arms and legs. Thankfully no faces, I don't think I couldn't handle that.
>>
>>17816937
Same, no hats but tall, almost birdlike figures in tattered black robes.

I've had sleep paralysis 3 times over about 10 years and each time I've seen these things. Once I was trying to lucid dream in my teens by meditating with binauraul beats. I hit a weird spot where my whole body felt like it flattened to paper thin and I could see these things and the room around me plain as day with my eyes closed. This happened one other time about a year ago as well, only for a much longer period (almost a whole day)

>where we're going we don't need eyes to see
Only supernatural/unexplained thing that still freaks me out
>>
I saw them.too but they were female. Long hair and stopped over bodies... never hat man. When they touched me it was very soft and light, like being touched by feathers. I also felt long sharp fingernails once. What could it mean? Strange indeed...
>>
File: serveimage-27.jpg (66 KB, 673x400) Image search: [Google]
serveimage-27.jpg
66 KB, 673x400
I was 5 or 6 and saw him on a few occasions. It was walking behind a fence and would go behind the trees and not come back into view. I was not scared by it because I thought it looked like secret squirl.
>>
What if the hat man is like the G-Man from HL2?
>>
I have not experienced SP or seen this man, but my grandma did before she passed away. She saw him behind her in the mirror.
>>
>>17816514
Saw him as a kid.
Female and 20 now.
Sometimes SP still kicks in and I see him.
>>
>>17817233
the merchant is everywhere
pol is always right
>>
>>17817264
>the merchant is everywhere
who?
>>
>>17817271
the jooz
>>
File: image.jpg (668 KB, 2040x3160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
668 KB, 2040x3160
>>17816514
Is it this hat man
>>
The hand full of times I've gone through sleep paralysis, I haven't seen any figure. I only find myself in a dark hall with a bunch of doors opened that are barely visible. The few times I try not to bring myself out of sleep paralysis, I'd sprint right through the hall and check the rooms.
>>
i've seen floating dark humanoid figures right above myself ( i sleep facing up), but no hat man
>>
are creepy as sleep paralysis is we must remember it can be explained medically and is not paranormal
>>
>>17816514
Stop being fearful, they feed off it.
>>
I used to get sleep paralysis a lot as a kid and quite often saw the hat man. He used to sit at the end of the bed, he wasn't aggressive or anything though.
>>
File: 2016-06-17-08-32-57-1496635807.jpg (8 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-17-08-32-57-1496635807.jpg
8 KB, 202x249
Hatman is Freddy
Nightmare on Elm Street is based on reality.
Or is reality based on Nightmare on Elm Street?
>>
File: Just_the_grayest_man.png (77 KB, 261x197) Image search: [Google]
Just_the_grayest_man.png
77 KB, 261x197
>>17816514
>Sleep Paralysis and the Hat Man

http://dreamemulator.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gray_Man
>>
>>17817233
> female
Will you be my spooky gf?
>>
>>17816514
Fuck sake I'm really mad. I can't find the picture of hatman that has him with the fedora atheist face
>>
File: Yo dab dub dub.gif (27 KB, 364x420) Image search: [Google]
Yo dab dub dub.gif
27 KB, 364x420
>>17816514
I'm the Hatman

Ski-Bi dibby dib yo da dub dub
Yo dab dub dub
Yo dab dub dub

I'm the Hatman

Yo dab dub dub
Yo dab dub dub

B-B-B-Be Bop a Bodda Bop
Bop a Bodda Bop
Be Bop a Bodda Bop
Bop a Bodda Boop
B-B-B-Be Bop a Bodda Bop
Bop a Bodda Boop
Be Bop a Bodda Bop
Bop a Bodda Bop
>>
File: chordettes.jpg (44 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
chordettes.jpg
44 KB, 500x503
>>17816514
Mr. Hatman, bring me a dream (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Give him two lips like roses and clover (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over

Hatman, I'm so alone
Don't have nobody to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam
Mr. Hatman, bring me a dream

Make him the cutest that I've ever seen
Give him the word that I'm not a rover
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over
Hatman, I'm so alone
Don't have nobody to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam
Mr. Hatman (male voice: "Yesss?") bring us a dream
>>
>>17816514
Ive been seeing the hat man since I was little, still remember the first dream I saw him in vividly, and I must have been like 6 years old!
>>
>>17818010
what's it mean? i mean it's a common image in a lot of cultures so it might be subconsciously conjured up due to exposure to certain societal stereotypes of what a "villain" might look like. I'm really hoping it's just that but.. it looks and feels so real.
>>
>>17816514
Happens to me all the time, though when he appears even out of SP, I cannot breath. I feel like I'm dying slowly when he's around.
>>
IT'S A JEWISH VAMPIRE HOLY SHIT!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.