[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just why forensics can't get through with this fuck? I mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 552x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 552x267
Just why forensics can't get through with this fuck? I mean how could he got away with it? Also Jack The Ripper thread.
>>
>>17815535
Anon, Jackie was no ordinary murderer, he killed more than 5 women and taunted police when he was still at large. He was a big sensation at the time like still he is. Whole England has tried to reveal this guy.
>>
>>17815526
I hope you realize they already found out who it was a year or two ago. No onereally cared though. It was a Polish guy named Aaron-something. You can die in peace now
>>
>>17815600
What you said in no way addressed or countered >>17815535
>>
>>17815611
>Aaron something
It was Francis Thompson you mong
>>
>>17815611
No they didn't.
>>
>>17815631
Ok sorry.
I guess no proof is better than some proof, for you at least
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/was-it-aaron-kosminski-jack-ripper-dna-claims-get-ripped-n198506&ved=0ahUKEwjDu8_Gzq3NAhUNxGMKHcQjB7AQFgiEATAT&usg=AFQjCNEwnk9YsOQn0fb1ZaTQDIXqWCeQ9w
>>
>>17815535
How can you fucking explain the fact that Jack slaying 5 whores consecutively at the same district when the half of Scot Yard was there?
>>
>>17815648
That DNA claim has already been debunked. The hunt goes on.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 320x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 320x459
I don't usually get spooped by criminal shit, but there's something really creepy about Jack's letters. Am I the only one who gets legitimately scared by looking at this?
>>
>>17815650
>consecutively
It was over the course of like three months.
>same district
Two. Which were populous and that population was not fixed in place. Lots of comings and goings out of lots of small by-the-night dormitories.
>half of Scot Yard was there
They were working the case, they weren't on site patrolling at all times. This was a high priority, it wasn't their only one.

Jack was clever and lucky, but the killings were no feat. It was the mutilations afterwards that made it notable.

>>17815648
That was a shifty business from start to finish. That scarf was unreliable as evidence to begin with, and I don't buy that scientist making an amateur-level mistake. It was a set-up to make headlines, sell books, and dupe stupid people.

It probably was Kosminski. But there's no hard evidence for it yet, and it's unlikely there ever will be.
>>
>>17815882
>It probably was Kosminski
What makes you say that?
>>
>>17815682
The "From Hell" letter was the best. That and the piece of human kidney that came with it.
>>
>>17815682
There's something weird about Victorian Age, It's not from the letter tho. Talk about a frigid monarch, sexual degradation and poverty with industrialism.
>>
>>17815953
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Kosminski
Macnaghten thought so, and he was in an informed position. Everything about him fits.
There are other serious contenders, sure, but the case for it being Kosminski strikes me as the strongest one.

>>17815682
Handwriting of any kind seems to creep out kids who were raised on digital communication. It just seems sinister to them. Mostly because they can't read it. If that's not you, then it's another reason, but considering this site's demographics it's not an unreasonable thing to guess.
>>
>>17815526
there is no physical evidence anymore to analyze so all we're left with is the historical accounts of the investigation
John Douglas has looked into it of all the suspects he says the most likely one is a guy named david Cohen, or somebody like david cohen
>jew immigrant
>history of mental illness and violence with women
>died unknown in a mental hospital right when the killings stopped

all the other suspects didnt fit perfectly, and even he admits all we'll have is guesses
>>
>>17815682
from hell seems to be the only "authentic" letter. The Saucey jack letter is believed to be fake
>>
>>17815650
white chapel was essentially the ghetto of London, with crime, transients, prostitution and homeless drunks being the nrom. and it being the 1880s didnt help
given the tools they had at their disposal the police did what they could, which reading about it they really did try you never hear about all the ideas they tried when jack the ripper gets brought up, but it was a mix of a high risk area with plenty of victims and unfortunate norms for both the public and police

theres a serial killer in long island that still hasnt been caught and its (insert current year) for fucks sake
>>
because its over 100 years old and DNA isnt magic, even today
you think they have a jar of his cum sitting in scotland yard?
>>
>>17816499
Note to self: avoid Long Island
>>
>>17816513
you didnt need a serial killer to tell you that
>>
I think unknown serial killers are more interesting that way, I feel like if someone like Zodiac was found out to just be some regular asshole with a regular job and regular life it would really kill the mystique.
>>
>>17816468
It makes me wonder, how does Ripperologists classify letters as canon and non-canon? What's the criteria?
>>
>>17815622
Kek. Aaron something sounds better doe
>>
We all know who the Ripper really was...boring read the first newspaper then u know whos the ripper
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2842352/Whitechapel-meat-cart-driver-Jack-Ripper-legitimately-blood-spattered-appearance-helped-evade-justice-claims-criminologist.html

Charles Lechmere...
>>
>>17815526
Freemason Jew
>>
>>17816256
>guy writes about how he killed and ate the kidney of his victim
>lel you're scared at handwritings

What kind of fucking retard are you?
>>
>>17816466
I knew it was a filthy kike.
>>
>>17815526

Because he was a cop in the day and a killer at night.
>>
Forensics doesn't work like you think it does. It's not like CSI where they zoom and enhance and do DNA tests with magic sci fi devices.

Also, this was the 19th century. Do you know how Scotland Yard did forensics in the 19th century? They found a guy that looked suspicious and then they beat him until he confessed. That's pretty much how it worked.
>>
>>17818198
No they didn't. Scientific forensics was around since the mid-late 19th century. At least they know how fingerprints and autopsy worked.
>>
>>17818201
>they knew how fingerprints worked

That's great and all, but they never recovered any fingerprints from the scene and worked

>they did autopsies too

Yes, and they were able to figure out that the causes of death was being cut open and having their organs removed. Great scientific progress, that.
>>
>>17818198

[citation needed]

>>17818205

[citation needed]
>>
>>17818198
Trust me, we wouldn't be talking about the Ripper is they chose to do that. You're taking 19th century forensics too lightly.
>>
>>17818223
19th century forensics was garbage, and it was always more theory than applied practical police work.

They solved crimes then largely the way they do now. Interviewing witnesses. Interrogating suspects. Finding murder weapons just lying there on the floor in front of the body. Occasionally beating suspects.

Real life doesn't work like it does on TV or in Sherlock Holmes novels. If you find a dead woman and you think the husband killed her, you're probably right. If you've got a bunch of dead prostitutes you're probably never going to find him unless you catch him in the act.
>>
>>17817750
Saucey jack and Dear Boss seem too "clean"
This is if you believe the ripper was basically mentally ill and loosing it more and more with each kill. The last victim was literally torn apart (pic related), compared to the earlier victims. With each kill the were mutilated more and more, elft out in the open with no attempt at hiding the crime. this is the sign of a disorganized killer I.E. somebody who is batshit crazy and lost it
Dear Boss and Saucey jack seem to be written by somebody too organized and in a healthy mental state. From Hell seems a bit more unorganized with poor grammer and violent ramblings. Its believed that saucey jack was forged by a new reporter to get media hype. As evident by the proper grammer, organized writing and it was sent directly to the news first.

These are theories from other experts though, not my own. Read "the cases that haunt us" by john douglas, the first chapter is about the ripper killings
>>
File: ripper victim.jpg (66 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
ripper victim.jpg
66 KB, 500x380
>>17818277
forgot the pic
>>
>>17816051
>Talk about a frigid monarch, sexual degradation and poverty with industrialism

Do go on.
>>
>>17818283
What's there to add? Victoria was a nutjob, there were diseases at every corner and also workhouses just to systematically kill poor people. It was a horrible era. It was so fucking awful that even Britons wanted to forget about that shit. Just keep them in your nearest Dickens book and TV drama and nowhere else.
>>
>>17815535
To some extent this. Also, a lot of the evidence is very old and was sold to private collectors or kept as random family curios and handled by people over the years. They would have to have a sample that survived and wasn't contaminated, which they don't have.

And anyway, Jack is dead by now. It's not high priority since all the person who solved the case would get would be bragging rights for killing the mystique.
>>
>>17815682
Yes. Ever play around with that chatterbot that only speaks in quotes from ripper letters, real and possibly fake, from the period?

That shit is chilling. I think the fact that so many people were writing in claiming to be jack is even creepier. Like until the 1980s, they still got letters all the time from people claiming to be Jack the Ripper.
>>
>>17816256
I learned Handwriting, taught myself.

It gives me a thrill, but it doesn't look creepy. It reminds me of glitter eyeshadow that has to be held on with sparkle tack and other ridiculous things that exist more to be pretty than to be utilitarian.
>>
>>17818277
I don't think "disorganized" vs "organized" applies in this case. Dude had enough sense to find women who wouldn't be missed, find them in places where he had time to work, took more time when he was inside, had at least a small about of knowledge about anatomy, etc.

A crime of passion can still be well thought out and planned.
>>
>>17818404
It can be, but generally thats not how organized vs disorganized works.

All of that is the bare minimum for any murder. Hacking up a women in the middle of a public street, leaving their mutilated bodies out in the open and getting more frenzied each time isnt organized

Finding a victim, luring them into a space by being charming or charismatic, killing them and then efficiently hiding the body so nobody knows theres a killer operating at all is organized
>>
>>17815526
You can blame the media for that. Those dicks had created so much sensation and bullshit at the time that police couldn't track the culprit (for example fake letters and evidence).
>>
>>17815526
Forensics didn't even exist at the time. It would be another decade before the first finger print conviction, and blood grouping didn't exist. He literally had to be caught in the act. Today, the bodies are gone, most of the files and photos were destroyed during WWII, and any hard "evidence" that is presented today is either a hoax, or wasn't related to the crimes at all. Even if the actual murder weapon was found today, any DNA on it would likely be unusable (it was 128 years ago). If it were usable, they would have to compare it to a suspect's descendant (good luck tracing the lineage of Aaron Kosminski or Montague Druitt), and even then there would be room for error. Even the biggest "DNA break through" in the case is full of holes.
>http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/jack-the-ripper-id-hinges-on-a-decimal-point-as-scientists-flag-up-dna-error-in-book-that-claims-to-9804325.html
>>
>>17815526
Do you know why I know you are in middle school and summer has started for you?
>>
>>17818722
"Why" you know? Obviously it's because you think you saw some kind of tipoff...
>>
File: Ripper.jpg (1 MB, 605x340) Image search: [Google]
Ripper.jpg
1 MB, 605x340
In 1888, a series of unsolved homicides in London, England were attributed to a serial killer called “Jack the Ripper." In 1988, Supervisory Special Agent John Douglas of the FBI’s National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime performed an analysis of the case for the Cosgrove-Meurer Production Company. This release consists of his analysis.

>https://vault.fbi.gov/Jack%20the%20Ripper/Jack%20the%20Ripper%20Part%201%20of%201/view
>>
>>17818799
Those ellipses are a big tip-off
>>
>>17815682

how the fuck do you guys read his writing? its so messy

yiom hell
mSush Sor, vend fou half the kidne Hook from one wofnew maxaned itforlou tother piter rieu and at it was you risk mau and jaw the bloody key hat tteritout you only juste a what longer
signed Cakl me when you can mihtLise
>>
>>17819441
And this is why captcha is now pictures of boats or house numbers rather than distorted print.
>>
what if it was more than one person
>>
>>17819475
can you honestly say that his writing is readable? i know how to read cursive man but the shit he wrote is just chicken scratches
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.