[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doppelgangers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: 07CrPeJ.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2906) Image search: [Google]
07CrPeJ.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2906
/x/, I come to you in need of info on doppelgangers. I have reason to believe that I may have a doppelganger lurking about, and if any of you want to hear the reason for my suspicion, I'll greentext it for you. But mostly I'd like to hear all of your opinions, personal stories and experiences, legends, and advice on how to deal with doppelgangers.
>>
>>17815115
Come on OP let's hear it.
>>
spill it mang
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 544x400
>>17815115
Just tell the fucking story!!!
>>
dags and cots
>>
Ok, here we go. My mom and sister has said that they have seen a car that looked exactly like mine at the church that I used to frequent, and that the car tried to run them off a road in the same town. Now something to keep in mind is that we live in a small town, and I have only seen one cat similar to mine once in a neighboring town. Now, for the greentext portion.
>be my sister's bf
>riding down a road for a few miles behind a car that looked like anon's
>car makes a turn, and as it does, I look inside
>it's anon!
>text anon "hey, I just saw you on so and so road, didn't even realize it was you I was behind at first lol"
>"I'm at home"
>"I looked inside and I saw you, and what looked like your dad in the back seat. It didn't have any hubcaps or stickers on the back, just like yours"
>spoopy.jpg

>Now be me, slightly freaked out and curious about doppelgangers

What do you guys make out of it?
>>
>>17815415
sounds legit. i wouldn't be surprised. do you believe in them?
>>
>>17815115
Is that ymir
>>
>>17815415
Can you give a better explanation of how they tried to run them off the road?
>>
>>17815660
In Norse mythology, Ymir is the earth itself, so it's probably just some ice giant or another.
>>
>>17815618
I believe that the legends were based on actual happenings, but those events mayhave been misinterpreted. Because of other stories I've read on here, I think the possibility also exists that they may be real today, albeit of some origin other than mystical. I like to think they're versions of you that come from parallel universes, but that's just my opinion, and I'm here for yalls opinion, not mine.
>>
>>17815686
Not really, I'm guessing it was a case of merging without looking, but then again, the legends say that if you see your doppelganger, it'll try to kill you, so maybe it was trying to take me out, but idk.
>>
Tim, you got work to do.
Stop lurking
>>
>>17815115
Fucking dredge hitting dem viking hero's.
>>
>>17815934
What is a dredge?
>>
>>17815919
By causing your mother and sister to crash? I'm not connecting the dots..if you saw it it would try to kill you..I don't see a purpose in killing your family members also...
>>
I have a few stories.

>be college freshman
>science major, but is into painting and all that artsy crap
>uni is a traditional private school, uniforms, prayers before class, the works
Our school has different uniforms for the different colleges, so it's easy to identify students from which dept and so on
>weeks into the college life, i find out about an art store near the arts dept building
>cheap ass grade A materials
>decide to check it out when I don't have class so I have more time to ogle the brushes
>quickly become a regular customer, befriend the nice old lady managing the store
>months later, run out of blue paint, drop by right after class
>nice old lady greets me like usual, looks at my uniform, and asks
>"you changed majors?"
>what
>she looks at me funny. "Weren't you in advertising arts? Whats with the science uniform?"
Her store has been around for some 30 years now, and she herself was an arts major in the same uni. She would at least be familiar with the diff. uniforms in our school.
She grabs one of the younger assistants in the store
>"this kid was just here yesterday right?"
>takes one look at me and laughs "Yeah, took an hour deciding between prussian blue and cobalt blue too"
>guys i havent been here for weeks now wtf
>and then: "hey, you changed majors? What happened?"

So i explained. It took them a bit of convincing that I wasnt playing a prank on them. Apparently my doppelganger was as much a regular as me, but would usually come in uniform. I never went there on days that I have class so aside from that day, I was never there in mine.

Throughout my college life I'd drop by there, and sometimes either the owner or one of the long time assistants would ask me which "twin" I am. Sometimes they'd update me about the art major twin, when she last visited, if she got a haircut, stuff like that.
I never got to meet my doppelganger though. Idk if I want to, desu. But eh, maybe the old lady is just having fun with me, who knows.

I'll dump two more.
>>
>>17816034
Lawyers and Cops, who traveled to far off lands in pursuit of legal justice
>>
>>17817099
Waiting
>>
>>17817176
Like Judge Dredd?
>>
>>17817099
>science major
What do you mean by this..?
>>
>>17817285
You did not wait in vain, anon here to deliver shortly

>>17817408
Biology, Psych, Physics... yknow, science-y courses/majors you'd expect an /x/phile to be allergic to :^)

>>17817099 here, something came up but I'm back. I don't have anything pretyped so it'll take me a few minutes.

As an additional detail to that art major doppelganger I got, I noticed that the minute details the art store staff would give me usually is parallel to the going-ons in my own life.
I remember the first week I started wearing glasses, I'd only ever use it when I'm in class and can't see shit on the board. Otherwise it was relegated to its case in my bag.
>be back in store
>after identifying which "twin" I was, they start on usual small talk, comparing products and brands, etc
>one of the older staff there, kind old guy, mentions my lack of glasses
>younger staff says, "uncle, that's not her"
>uncle old guy's eyes light up. "Oh, so this is the other then? Your twin started wearing glasses."
>I wasn't wearing mine, but decided to humor them. "Yeah? What color?"
>"Pink, big, made her look like a bee."
>mfw favorite color is pink, but opted for the simpler black frames
>"Ahaha, good for her, I guess"

There was also the time I was making small pokemon figures and needed more clay
>be in store, only uncle guy and nice old lady there
>uncle guy turns to me, asks me about "that sculpture you're working on"
>at this point it's already automatic. "That wasn't me, uncle."
>uncle guy continues. "Well, the other one was here a few days ago, looking for wires. Do you need wire too?"
>consider the offer. I was there for paper clay but the remains of the roll I got are -just- enough for one more Sableye, and I'm always bound to make mistakes
>smile and say sure

It's not always that they have an update on my doppelganger though. Sometimes it'll be a streak of visits with no mention on the "other one" that I almost worry, haha.

Anyway, will commence dump in a bit.
>>
>>17817681
Wow friend! What a creative use of the picture. You really changed the meaning on this one.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (37 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
37 KB, 443x332
>>17817687

>friends and I get an internship together in this clinic/center
>be in a 7-11 store near there by 6:30am and once all 5 of us are complete, we ride a trike to the center
A tricycle is pic related. The drivers there has a set price by trip, so whether there's just one of you or six, the fare would be the same, that's why we have this setup. Anyway
>we're supposed to wear plain white scrubs, but the center allowed us to wear our school uniform since it's plain white anyway. Scrubs still preferable though.
>friends and I talk beforehand if we're gonna wear scrubs or uniform, so no one wears the uniform alone
>one day, arrive at meeting place with two of my friends already there
>as I turn to say hi, one of them points at me and says something like "there she is"
>friend grabs my arm, asks if I'm okay
>uh yeah whats up
>friend takes a good look at me. "How long have you been here?"
>I just got here bruh
>drags me to the small table they claimed for themselves
>"You were here earlier. You were wearing a jacket and uniform, I greeted you but you ignored us."
>other friend adds, "We would have followed you but we didn't want to piss you off. Thought you were just in a bad mood and wanted to be left alone."
>or maybe you guys saw someone else?
>both vehemently disagree, says it was definitely me, with an obnoxious bright pink jacket over our uniform
>but it's scrubs day today guys
>"EXACTLY, we thought no one told you we were gonna wear scrubs and you got pissed"
>I never told them about my art major doppelganger before
>that weekend, my sis gets me a bright pink jacket

They looked spooked but I feigned disinterest, because if it was a prank, they'll never gonna get me lmao.

But. The bus I was on that morning almost got in an accident. There was a truck running the red light and our driver managed to stomp on the brakes in time. The truck hit a motorcyclist I think? Guy was still alive though. Bus driver rained curses on truck driver, then went on our way.
>>
>>17817881
they're never gonna get* lmao

Last one I got, but this time it's not a doppelganger of me but my cousin's
>be 13, dad just died, wake held in our house
>according to superstition there should be one family member awake and guarding the dead throughout the whole 9 days
>volunteer for night shift to avoid annoying people trying to get me to cry on their shoulders
>one night, just me, my cousin who stays with us, and my childhood nanny who was with us until I was about 4
>not too late, around 11pm or so
>one of my aunts suddenly barge in, takes a look at me, my cousin, and my ex-nanny
>cousin seems in too deep with his thoughts, pays them no mind
>kinda weird for his usually cheerful self but maybe he's tired -- he's been trying to cheer me up the whole day, helping out wherever he's needed, and now he's taking night shift with us. Guy deserves a break if not a medal.
>aunt calls nanny with her to the kitchen
>can barely hear them mumbling, shrug it off as some chore instructions
>some time later, nanny comes back holding something
>three pieces of thin long sticks from a broom, pic related
>already looking guilty, she goes up to my cousin and hits him on the legs, hard
For context, getting hit by three sticks from the broom end of that thing isn't gonna hurt like getting a rowboat paddle, but it's gonna sting like a bitch, and depending on how hard you're hit, will leave anything from ugly pink welts to full on bleeding cuts
>I am slightly noping at this point because I don't want to play referee to their petty fight or whatever
>DadWhatDoIDo.mp3
>decide to stay anyway because someone will have to break them up should they devolve to a fistfight
>cousin is nonplussed, glares at her
>nanny steels her resolve and hits him two more times, each one harder than the last
>after the third time cousin has had enough
>"THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM, WOMAN"
>nanny avoids his eye, says nothing, walks back to the kitchen

1/?
>>
>>17817922

2/2

>stand around for about a minute processing what just happened
>cousin on the other hand already back in his seat like nothing happened
>tell him to stay there while I get the first aid kit
>when I get back, aunt and ex-nan enters scene
>what's going on guys
>auntie tells my cousin, "your mom called"
>cousin is out of his meditative stupor, chipper once again. "What did she say?"
>"She said you back at your place, asked me why I didn't tell her you were coming home."
>cousin and I share a mutual look of wtf
>"I was here the whole time!"
>back him up, no bro of mine is getting in trouble on my watch
>especially if he's telling the truth
>aunt cuts us off. "I know. It's impossible for you to be there anyway."
>travel from our place to theirs takes at least 6hrs
>aunt explains she told ex-nanny to do the thing
>meanwhile she was talking to my cousin's mom assuring her that her son is here with us and not there, and that he's alive and fine
>sit back down beside cousin as aunt lapses into doppelganger stories
>notice there's no trace he was ever hit by those napalm broom sticks
>mfw I got the first aid kit for nothing

According to the story we were told, when someone sees a doppelganger of someone, it's usually an omen of death for the person aith the double. The hitting with sticks thing, supposedly, was meant to work like "shocking" the person's body with pain enough that the soul will go back. The doppelganger in this story is supposedly the soul making its last goodbyes or something. Or that's.one superstition anyway. To this day my cousin is still alive and well, but idk if he's ever had more doppelganger shenanigans going on.

Well, that's all the personal doppelganger story I got, OP. It's pretty interesting especially when you look at how different cultures have different (and similar) beliefs about it.
>>
>>17815115
it's simple OP, you have to have a battle tot he death to prove who is the real you.
if you should lose, so is the way of the world
>>
>>17815415
>be my sister's bf
you've got bigger problems than doppelgangers Anon...
>>
File: 1465432804775.jpg (40 KB, 360x519) Image search: [Google]
1465432804775.jpg
40 KB, 360x519
>>17817985
>>
>>17817099
>>17817687
>>17817881
>>17817922
>>17817939
Cool stories man. Where are you from? Do you know any more on the doppelganger lore or sth? The part where you said doppelgangers are omens of death and the soul thing sounds familiar. I think my mexican roommate told me a story like that before but this was years ago and i cant remember most of it anymore
>>
>>17817939
Thanks for contributing your stories, they are very interesting. I just have two questions:
1) What do you personally think doppelgangers are?
2) Can you post pics of your pokemon sculptures? I like pokemon and it sounds pretty cool, even if it is off topic.
>>
hey whats up internet

haha, be careful peoples, dopplegangers can type
>>
>>17817982
My sister is pretty hot. It's cool.
>>
>>17817687
I majored in mathematics and computer science, so no worried. You do realize that you don't just "major in science," right?
>>
File: 20160618_073509.jpg (593 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160618_073509.jpg
593 KB, 2048x1152
>>17818034
Philippines, but I won't be surprised if your friend from Mexico had a similar story. The two countries had a lot of exchanges in the past, galleon trade, time spent as Spanish colonies, etc. Sadly all I know about doppelgangers are from stories I've heard, omens of bad luck or death. I'll post if I remember anything else.

>>17818035
1.) Personally, I have no idea. Assuming both instances really are cases of doppelgangers, my art "twin" and my cousin's doppelganger contradicts each other in that in all my years since knowing about mine, I didn't go do weird ritual stuff to get my soul back or whatever, and I'm still alive, so maybe the stick thing was totally irrelevant. Maybe they're not even harmful. Or maybe you just die when you see them yourself.
I've spent time thinking about the art major twin though, and if we suspend disbelief, it's fun to think maybe she's a version of me in a slightly different universe. Like, one who chose an art-related course instead of sciencey stuff?
Though I do have friends with their own stories of voice doppelgangers who would disagree and say they're malicious spirits that at best want to play pranks on you or your family, and at worst have some pretty evil intentions. Like, yeah, like other anons said, out to kill you or something. Idk though.
2.) Oh man I gave those away as gifts! I still have pic related though, my unfinished Charmander prototype, before realizing that I need to use a wire skeleton to keep proportions in check and all that. Sorry to disappoint mang.

>>17818149
Uh, you do realize no one would think I just majored in all the sciences available to mankind when they read "science major" right? I didnt specify what I was studying since I didn't want to risk being identified by the few people I know irl who browse the chans too, esp given the little details I already gave in my stories. Plus the science vs art thing was mentioned only to emphasize the different uniforms, so it's not an important detail.
>>
>>17817099
Tits or gtfo homo.
>>
>>17815115
>doppelganger
Just click the link at the bottom of /x/. Dr. 58 says they're all from Minnesota.
>>
>>17819490
Thanks for your input and the pic!
I've noticed that certain regions of the world have myths that seem to be tied to a certain area, such as skinwalkers in America and fairies in Europe. But before now, i thought that Doppelgangers were a primarily European, and specifically, German myth. Are doppelgangers prevalent in the Philippines? Are they a recurring theme in local myths? Or are they a new thing since the Spanish occupation?
>>
>>17819719
anon, What in Gods green earth did I just read?
>>
File: xad.png (94 KB, 726x94) Image search: [Google]
xad.png
94 KB, 726x94
>>17821272
he's referring to this ad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ajZAXiQPYw
and this video i guess
>>
>>17821321
Yeah, I know. I watched the video, read the transcripts, did a little research, and I reiterate

What on Gods Green Earth did I just read?
>>
>>17817687
did the people at the door tell your doppelganger about you?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.