[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna travel trough sweden this summer, what if I encounter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: mh.jpg (97 KB, 500x733) Image search: [Google]
mh.jpg
97 KB, 500x733
I'm gonna travel trough sweden this summer,
what if I encounter an old man wandering the forest in need of assistance?
What should I ask him?
>>
If he is 'in need of assistance' ask him what he needs, d'uh.

You speak the local language?
>>
How in the fuck is this paranormal? /adv/ or /out/ are more applicable.

MXGA
>>
>>17814186
No I don't, but I think english is pretty common now.

>>17814190
>he doesn't know about Odin the wanderer

Fucking tripfags I swear.
>>
Ask him how Tolkien's balls taste
>>
>>17814198

Oh. You're right. Since its mythology I guess you could include /his/ too.
>>
>>17814181
ask him how to get a welfare check
>>
>>17814214
Maybe /lgbt/ too since you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>17814219

...there's no bullshit to be called. OP is referring to Norse mythology and mythology has long held a place as being a topic to discuss within the paranormal community. Much moreso than the RP that riddles this board on a daily basis.

Legends, myths, tall tales, they're all intricately connected to the paranormal, sometimes even being a basis for some specific claimed phenomenon.
>>
>>17814181
>Ragnarok soon, fellow wanderer.
>>
>>17814223

>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc
>>
Ask him if he dropped this wooden axe? Or, maybe was it this silver axe instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4fNfg_87cc
>>
>>17814243

I don't see "the idea of actually running into a mythological being" anywhere in there. I'm still not quite sure how simply copying and pasting something, especially something so readily available and widely known, can even be considered a retort.

What do you consider paranormal?
>>
>>17814254

Oh give me a break.
>>
>>17814259
What a stupid assblasted autist.
>>
File: Germania.jpg (35 KB, 396x480) Image search: [Google]
Germania.jpg
35 KB, 396x480
Ask him for a shield maiden
>>
>>17814273

No. It's completely retarded. No precedent. It's like saying "The potential of running into the Pillsbury doughboy is paranormal." Grasping at straws here.
>>
>>17814181
Track down the dwarf fag from his RP thread and kick him in the shin for me.
>>
I don't speak taco nigger
>>
>>17814181
you ask the old man for wisdom and protection.
>>
Ask him for a draught from Mimir's well.
>>
>>17814285
so like mythological beings are by definition paranormal. para- meaning contrary to and normal meaning normal
>>
>>17814181
>what if I encounter an old man wandering the forest in need of assistance?
You assist him and make no requests of reward unless he offers.
>>
>>17814285
Also while the concept seems silly running into the Pillsbury Doughboy would be paranormal, by definition.
>>
>>17814219
>calls someone a special snowflake
>is a tripfag
>>
>>17816415
Para- more often denotes "beside, next to" or "beyond, above." Paranormal is clearly using one of these terms "beside normality" or "above/beyond normality." The prefix para- as defined by "contrary to" rarely shows up, and almost always has shared connotation with "beyond." For instance, paradipsia is an excessive or abnormal craving for fluids without bodily need.

Or sometimes the prefix comes from French, "to guard against" as in the case of parasol or parachute.
>>
>>17816642
i don't understand why you felt the need to correct me with synonyms of what i said? like my point still stands
>>
>>17816642
Everything here qualifies as paranormal.

Sasquatch needs to shut the hell up and remove the stick from his ass.
>>
>>17816656
"Above/beyond normal" is not synonymous with "contrary to normal." You were the one who tried to be right using semantics and etymology. I'm just informing you that you are wrong.
>>
Ask him if he's from sweden
>>
>>17814219
>tripfag
>calling someone else a special snowflake
wow
>>
>>17816672
ok buddy :3 i'm just saying that either way my point stands because meeting Odin is not normal
although above and beyond normal could be contrary to it as well bc anything that is not normal is abnormal and abnormal is the opposite of normal
>>
>>17816693
Except contrary gives an indication of opposite. Either in nature, direction, or meaning. A paralegal is "beside the law", or a lawyer's assistant. Nothing contrary at all. Same with paramedical, paramilitary, and it's the same with paranormal. It is uncommon that the prefix para- contains implications of "contrary to." Those would be words like the one above, paranoid, paresthesia, etc.

If you are going to take one meaning of the prefix as universal, then it would be more accurate to use "beside" and see the others as evolutions of usage. Unless the words stems from the French prefix, that is.
>>
>>17816778
You've gone from having a point to being a pedant.
>>
>>17816778
see i understand everything else, but beside does not fit as well with paranormal, i understand what you are saying and how it could fit, but i think above or beyond and contrary fit better than beside, i am trying to agree with you to a point. but i also think contrary to normal fits in this sense because most people would not consider fortean events as normal.
>>
>>17816798
My point IS pedantic. :)
>>
Do you have any water you can spare?
>>
>>17816798
That's funny

All he had to do was speak and his entire life was changed

He became from a scholar to a pedant and all he had to do was speak

An entire life made feeble, just because he said some words
>>
>>17816845
Pedantry doesn't reduce scholarship. It just makes it really annoying.
>>
>>17816858
A doctor whose patients cannot bear his presence is no doctor at all...
>>
>>17816861
Nonsense. A surgeon wouldn't have to interact with patients at all besides the physical procedure. Bedside manner is for nurses.
>>
>>17816875
nah, i have to go to the doctor semi-frequently for my adhd meds and he's a pretty cool guy. i've dealt with annoying doctors before and i always end up changing to other doctors.
>>
>>17816887
1 - That's not a surgeon
2 - That doctor is doing a Nurse Practicioner's job
3 - The very fact that annoying doctors exist and have careers for you to stop using disproves your point.
>>
>>17816905
i wasn't directly refuting your entire post, just the part about doctors not needing bedside manner. sometimes i see the nurse practitioner, but it is a clinic so there is at least one doctor there who sees patients. i agree surgeons don't need bedside manner in most cases.
>>
>>17816905
The word doctor is the latin word for teacher you FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>17816922
Not a single person here is typing Latin, ignoramus.
>>
>>17816938
Right because online entities have a hard time learning new languages so introducing pretensive meanings to words will only make it more difficult for them to expan their cosiousness
>>
Only go to Swecuck if you speak Arabic.
>>
>>17814198
tripfags are newfags thats what i always say
>>
>>17814181
LOL HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE GAYS AND MUSLIMS
>>
>>17816434

I understand, that was the point. But notice how I also mentioned precedent. In other words, it's about as likely as fuck all.
>>
>>17814259
Hey thanks for keeping the thread alive by encouraging all these responses instead of just ignoring it and moving on but getting assblasted instead you pathetic cucking manlet.
>>
>>17814219
Guess you better change your trip to hide your shame now that you got roasted faggot.
>>
>>17816672
Yes it is. Just like a "parachute" it not like your normal chute. I believe you have some crow pie to eat :,D
>>
File: 1334347438229.gif (2 MB, 352x290) Image search: [Google]
1334347438229.gif
2 MB, 352x290
If you encounter odin, ask him for some raven help.

He's useless without hugnin and munin, his ravens.
(Mind and memory)

He's about the shamanic journey. and about what it takes and what you get for defying fate.
>>
>>17814219
>Dis nigga
>>
just seek and assist and make sure you dont step on your own feet
>>
>>17818487
wrong yes but still wanting that parashute and crow pie shute
>>
>>17816433
/thread

>>17818493
/x/ master
>>
>>17814181

Ask him how many little Swedish girls he has raped since "fleeing" from "Syria".
>>
>>17819767

Fuck off back to /pol/, dumbass
>>
>>17818487
Chute, of course, being a word that means fall that has evolved to mean specifically a narrow passage or tube descending to a lower level.

Sigh.
>>
>>17814285
Dude you're wrong here. Just let it go. Stop trying to save face with weak ass semantics.
>>
>>17814219
Filtered
>>
if you meet odin, be sure to ask him why the tripfag felt the need to spoil a perfectly good /x/ thread
>>
File: 1460231439170.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
1460231439170.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
>>17814181
>>Be /lit/ anon exploring a foggy Swedish forest
>>Encounter a strange figure with scent of decay; recall this thread.
>>Oh fuck, is WaltWhitmanGhost.wav
>>His yellowed eyes flash -- his pink tongue flirts out from under grey and yellow mustache
>>He gets onto his knees, the fog swirls about the spectre majestically.
>>pound that sweet, sweet phantom dome while he coughs muffled poetry; I bust mid deepthroat.
>>Wait for him to dissipate into thin air, leaving me with the best story ever.
>>He asks for five Kronas or any food I may have.
>>Give him ten
>>Realize it was just an elderly male homeless schizophrenic
>>regret visiting /x/
>>
>>17814219

fagit
>>
File: bat2.png (407 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
bat2.png
407 KB, 640x512
>>17821102
Fantastic.
>>
Have fun getting raped.
>>
What does he think about the people that destroyed his tree.
Also, what's the deal with ravens/crows?
Don't like dogs?
Schmuck.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.