[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voynich Manuscript
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (355 KB, 901x1356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
355 KB, 901x1356
Has anyone ever successfully deciphered the Voynich Manuscript?
>>
>>17810784
If they did, we would have known by now.

Here's an idea, instead of starting dead-end threads like this asking the same question all the time, try something new. Maybe hunt down and post more pics of it than the usual scraps floating around on the internet.
>>
>>17810784
It has been written in a language that does not exist here. This manuscript is the only thing that is left of this language.
The writer comes from a place that is not *here*.

The thing could be deciphered, but certainly not in the ordinary way.
Obviously, as nobody has managed to do it.

In order to find the one who can help you do it you would have to make quite a journey. And I doubt you are up for it.

There is no genuine interest, only petty curiosity, and that will get you nowhere except on /x/ maybe.
>>
>>17810813
>The thing could be deciphered
No, because exactly what you said. It's not in common with any other lingo, and it doesn't follow the same logic as other lingos.
My guess is that it's a VERY elaborate hoax, or it's alien. By alien, I mean from the fair folk, not ayys
>>
>>17810826
>No, because exactly what you said. It's not in common with any other lingo
What I mean is, that it can be made understood.
It would take a great deal to make what is written understandable in ordinary english.

But somebody could learn an understanding from it and through this show other people how to understand it themselfes.

By Fair Folk you are not really mistaken.
The name however is quite the trash.
Maybe it's this kind of attitude that keeps all the understanding at bay.
>>
>>17810841
>The name however is quite the trash.
>fae
>fairies
>sidhe
>vile
>elves
They have many names.
Anyways, I spent a lot of time looking at the bloody thing and found nothi
>>
>>17810784
This Professor claims to have partially deciphered it:
http://www.beds.ac.uk/news/2014/february/600-year-old-mystery-manuscript-decoded-by-university-of-bedfordshire-professor
>>
>>17810802
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/esp_ciencia_manuscrito07a.htm
>>
>>17810784
Wasn't it recently confirmed as a hoax?
>>
>>17810784

Humans do not have the physical characteristics necessary to read it.
>>
Should i post more
>>
>>
>>17810784
my theory is that it's some kind of medical text for turning plants into remedies, but it seems odd no other writing of this language has been found
>>
>>17810927
Or the plants.
>>
>>17810784
It's an elaborate hoax. An interesting piece of work, nonetheless.
>>
File: 1457507625538.jpg (21 KB, 400x333) Image search: [Google]
1457507625538.jpg
21 KB, 400x333
>>17810875
Yes
>>
>>17811194
What supports your claim?
>>
>>17810927
Maybe it was part of some medieval cult in a certain town. One that used its own language
>>
>>17810784
What if it somehow fell through a portal and was truly older than it would seem via science?
>>
>>17810784
Obviously not.

It's written in a language no one has ever seen before.
>>
>>17810784
Link to full PDF screenshots and prints of full manuscript:
http://awesta.sibirjak.ru/files/Voynich.pdf
You're welcome.
>>
>>17811635
His mom who always coddles him.
>>
My theory is that it was written by an Alien explorer who left it on Earth by mistake, or died.
>>
File: 1462142126005.jpg (58 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
1462142126005.jpg
58 KB, 620x451
I still have difficulties with the fact that people supposedly holding a very vast and complex knowledge suck that much at drawing
Like why do you even try man, the quality of the illustration is supposed to follow the quality of the data held within
>>
>>17811713
Thanks
>>
>>17811679
It's honestly not that hard to invent a language. William Sidis did.
>>
For what it's worth, the manuscript's writing system will be added to Unicode in 2019. Then the whole text can be analyzed by computers.
>>
>>17812310

Yeah, making a language is something a number of linguists have done for fun: hell, C.S. Lewis had a few tries at the whole business. It's certainly something that a linguist or any sufficiently motivated amateur could manage, if they wanted to put in the effort. Even Star Trek managed to make a language.
>>
>>17812310
Would be pretty interesting to learn that there was some lonely weirdo kicking around way back in the day who would come home from whatever the fuck he did to sit down and write his weirdo book in his own weirdo language. He would also have to be pretty educated. Maybe a whole group of people? Honestly it's one of those mysteries that has a very interesting answer pretty much no matter what it ends up being, if we ever learn for sure.
>>
I once saw a documentary that decided in the end that it was a hoax. They based this on how "arcane memorabilia" like lost texts and shit were really popular around the time it is dated as being written. Also, the guy whose name is inscribed (not written with ink, just etched) on once of the first pages was a notorious hoaxer from around the time it was made. Upon this, they decided that it was bullshit thrown together to make a quick buck off of the sort of saps that bought skeletal hands under the pretense it was the real hand of Jesus, and so on.
>>
>>17810784
the voynich manuscript is at my school; i saw it with my own eyes. i was surprised by how small it is. i was expecting a very large book.
>>
>>17810850
Oh shit candle Jack got him, but he didn't even say candle jack
What kind of world are we li
>>
sppoky things to harvest humans in the 13000's or just before that

air, land, sea, 1 for no, 2 for yes, 3 for dm, death mate as in check mate, you are all pons in a game

mermaids up the ass to make one fucked up creature that consumes and has no purpose, only to put what ever it consumers through hell, kinda like where walking hell and eat animals and such

ya, well anyways, have fun for 12000 years
>>
BITESIZE EDITION

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

as in mist sand and swamps.... correct

well.... well ok then.
>>
>>17812310
Yes it's easy to create a language, but that language would have to be based on something you gained from a previous language even if you don't realize it. The reason the book is so puzzling is not because it's a language that we've never seen before, the reason is that even with modern ciphers the language doesn't seem to have any recurring rules or breakable traits of the like. This essentially means that the person who wrote it either used a completely foreign language not just to Europe but to all of earth, or an extremely advanced randomization method for the characters he/she/they invented which is even more perplexing.
>>
>>17813663
>>17813640
call the hogs i just found a schitzo
>>
>>17813925
What if he wasn't even trying to make a language, just random scribbles? Or that "automatic writing" people here talk about sometimes?
>>
File: 1357147904390.jpg (1 MB, 2853x4280) Image search: [Google]
1357147904390.jpg
1 MB, 2853x4280
>>17813925
You're completely wrong and obviously have no idea what you're talking about. We already know about undeciphered languages, for example one used at the island of Crete if I remember right, BUT it has the typical logic expected.
This work isn't like it, has literally no hallmarks of a consistent language, but all signs of a crafted, randomized sign system - some signs appear very often, with no patterns as would be expect with any LOGICAL language system. All of this points to it being a hoax - and such a hoax is extremely easy to do. The reason why such a thing isn't spotted more often is simple - it is hand crafted, meaning it took a crazy amount of time for apparently no monetary return. It was very likely meant to be sold as an unique piece of forgotten culture. One can notice the pictures of plants in it are based on real plants we know, but all of them have added details that are meant to set them off as new, unknown genera.
Coming back as to why such a hoax language would be easy to make, even by a kid - it doesn't require any logic. You simply make a set of signs and write "sentences" without any logic expected of a language system, which is why it is undecipherable and will remain as such. Most people back then most likely recognized it as bullshit, but there's always a dumb faggot that takes the bait, as proven by this thread which resurfaces every now and then.
>>
>>17811839
Now that would actually make sense but still why are plants never found ?
>>
>>17812310
And its honestly not that hard to descipher ... fking retarded
>>
>>17813663
When will anyone decipher this abstract 4chan post?.
>>
>>17814272
Plants from another planet he documented.
OR
Plants that no longer exist. Or we haven't found them yet.
>>
>>17811194
Oh shut up

You don't have any evidence to back up those claims
>>
Perhaps it doesn't need to be deciphered. Maybe it means whatever you feel or think when you see it.
>>
Supposedly its been started but I dont know if this guy got any farther.
http://www.medievalists.net/2014/02/20/voynich-manuscript-partially-decoded-text-hoax-scholar-finds/
>>
And here is a link to the blog of the guy who is working on it with his post about the language.
https://stephenbax.net/?p=1535
>>
>>17813955

you mean the pigs?

EXQUISITE SKUNK!

so skunks mist and sand huh

good luck DUMBFUCKISTAN
>>
oh the fail proof skizto test

get them to type out what you typed out.

they wont be able to becuase their not real, thier just a false perception/ projection of something far worse

A WANNABEE

and thats all "they" have to sample

so you're telling me tier legitimately fucking retarded

correct.

how "they" got past the captions is beyond me

is that what they do, just to "exist"

correct
>>
this one always gets them "confused"

pig fuck hillbilly, hillbilly pig fuck

if you make them feel self conscious they wont know what to do/ how to react.

cuz there not real, there pre programmed, MEAT BAGS
>>
File: jd_closeup.png (1 MB, 1122x1122) Image search: [Google]
jd_closeup.png
1 MB, 1122x1122
>>17815992
>>17816022

Breh you need to research how to use "their" and "they're" correctly.
>>
>>17816063
I think getting back on meds should take priority over that.

Sometimes I wonder if all the schizos on /x/ are actually roleplayers, since there is nowhere near this concentration of schizophrenia anywhere else on 4chan
>>
tl;dr:
its just written in proper common.
some elf dropped it
>>
>>17816022
>>17815992
>>17813679
>>17813663
>>17813640
This person is ACTUALLY aloud to roam freely on the internet. Dangerous stuff when you're this crazy.
>>
>>17816133
it's just a tryhard RP. ignore it and it will evaporate.
>>
>>17812022

Being good at drawing =/= "holding a very vast and complex knowledge"
>>
>>17816133
>aloud
>>
Challenged for /x/

Use astral projection and travel back in time to see how it was made.
>>
>>17816163
I projected forward in time to find out how this thread would end and it's black void of death.
>>
>>17810784
They are animals first one is a millipede then you have jelly fish, there's a horse down the bottom, possibly a blue flamingo. It's just animals with worm heads.
>>
>>17810784
I think it's just bullshit. It's just a book that is actually art.
>>
>>17816174
Yeah plants and animals like botomy. Is it called that list like biology but as paintings and tings like artistic perception, with information on them as the side twist. Sure some morherfucker did that with plants..
>>
>>17816185
Definitely. I think I watched a documentary that said there are not similar words through out it. WTF, then the words probably don't say anything and the interesting pictures are just there for you to look at. It doesn't contain any divine knowledge.
>>
Perhaps it came from another dimension? Leaked into ours. Showing whats on the other side; how different it is.
>>
>>17810813
>>In order to find the one who can help you do it you would have to make quite a journey. And I doubt you are up for it.
Quit pretending to have some greater knowledge. I want /x/ to be 4chan again, not fucking reddit.
>>
>>17816201
Like these fuckers are in morrowwind we just drew shit and wrote bollocks next to it and they think it's hidden transcript, lol.
>>
>>17816237
Oh sorry that's skyrim now, you know artistic drawings with bullshit stories.
>>
>>17816243
Cept you gone 'believed' that shit.
>>
I can't actually read further than like 5 posts without passing myself. There's music notes in the writing
>>
>>17810875
Cellular anatomy again botomy.
>>
>>17812826
Many people do, they are fluent in shitpost, like op.
>>
Looks like the doodles of a starving autist combined with a language that is almost as interesting as tolkien but still quite a few marks shy.
>>
>>17816224
This
50 Fucking Shades Of This
>>
>>17816269

What the fuck is botomy? Do you mean botany?
>>
>>17810875
The whole fucking thing is available in high-res PDF and it's so easy to find I'm not even bothering to post a link. Your shitty 1200x1500 pics are useless, don't bother.
>>
>>17810813

What's it like being the biggest faggot that's ever existed?
>>
>>17810784
ITS A COOKBOOK!
>>
>>17816978
This is viable, I could also see it being an illustration depicting how certain plants grow.1
>>
File: 1466044498400-a.gif (2 MB, 245x281) Image search: [Google]
1466044498400-a.gif
2 MB, 245x281
>>17815981
>>
>>17810813
>>17810826
Instead of suggesting that aliums magically shat out the manuscript why can't you understand the possibility that the human race has a longer history than is known?
And I'm not saying we're space faring aliums or something I'm saying there was civilization before 12,000 BCE, even if it was very underdeveloped in terms of technology.
>>
>>17817627
Then it would be proven with carbon dating to be older or we'd likely have proof of other, similar texts.
>>
>>17816543
>What the fuck is botomy?
>>
>>17818101
sodomy with plants
>>
>>17811713
yes thank you
>>
>>17815539
Like a form of art perhaps?
>>
>>17816202
Ohh I like this one
>>
op is a FUCKING FLAMING FAGGOT!

peta freaks

and people trying to make plants to feed off of carbon based life forms to put them through what ever they put animals through, ya know, cuz wer all walking talking hell and reporduce cells on the fly

GGGRRRRR

hence the flys moths and bugs that come out at night

GGGRRRRRR
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.